Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars Battlefront 2 campaign thoughts

Minor spoilers for Battlefront 2 campaign and The Last Jedi ahead.

I’d like to talk about thoughts and theories on the new campaign, specifically, for the Ressurection portion. First off, I personally really enjoyed the campaign as a whole. At least EA got one part right. (Shots fired?) It has a great drive and really had me going there a few times. Pretty emotional in a few parts as well. Anyway, at the end of Ressurection, there seems to be an obvious leading into The Last Jedi, what with them finding plans for the Imperial Dreadnought that I’m assuming is the one they blow up in the beginning of the movie. My thinking is, for those of you who have played the campaign: What do you think are the chances that we will see Zey Versio and Dio in episode 9?

The Campaign is a major let down... plain and simple.

Its beautiful, and well thought out, however the game was advertised as an Imperial Focus for the Single Player Campaign. All we got in return is yet another Defector game (and the defection was handled poorly as we're meant to believe that a staunch pro-Imperial was going to turn on the Empire all within the first three to four missions).

I haven't played the DLC yet (due to currently being in the transition of moving) - however from the base single player campaign, I'm still disappointed in the story.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Campaign was entertaining. I agree that the defection was so sudden as to be absurd. That the Admiral didn't even question Operation Cinder's goal is even more absurd. But that is becoming something of a cliche' with Disney these days. Otherwise it was beautiful to watch and listen too. Luke was Luke. Leia was Leia. Han was Han. I was good with it.

As for the DLC. I thought the plot was silly. Hask was doofy. Her death, wasted timing. Ha. The technologies from different eras were laughable too. As if there were no weapons or starfighters produced between RoJ and TFA. Pfft. Come on. And the Retibution being taken out from Hyperspace exactly at the perfect distance to watch Starkiller Base pop? Hahaha. Dumb.

I give it a solid 7/10. So close, but so far. :p

Mordillah

Writer of Rann Thress and Benjen Moss (WIP)
The defection was ridiculous. I, like many others, expected an Empire-centric story that chronicled the rise of the First Order from the inside, and how the Empire dealt with the death of the Emperor and lack of a line of succession.

I don't know how I felt about Operation Cinder. Part of me feels like Palpatine would never do that, the other part of me was like yeah he'd totally be like If i can't have it no one can.

I just figured more people would be like well that's dumb. He's dead I'm not going to follow his orders. I also choose to not believe the Empire would torch Loyal imperial planets. Rebel planets? Sure. Not planets that are all about that Empire.

I feel like the premise has been wasted. I would have loved a story that told the aftermath of Endor up to Jakku from an Imperial point of view or even go farther and have Iden and Inferno Squad be a part of the First Order Conquest of the Galaxy. That way, when you watch TLJ and see "The First Order Reigns." You know what that means because you experienced it. It upset me that all we got was another "ehh Empire is bad mehhhhh," story. We KNOW (if you're disloyal scum who doesn't support the glorious Empire). We have 6 movies telling us the Empire is bad. I get it.

but to me, the best villains are ones that are misunderstood, not fully represented, or not evil for the sake of evil, and have a reason however skewed for what they do. We don't get that with the Empire or the First Order. This game should have showed that.

Instead of going to Vardos to see a people forsaken by their government, have a city in mourning because of how great Palpatine was. Have people who are proud to be imperials. Show that this isn't a stereotypical tyrannical government hated everywhere. The Core planets would definitely remain Imperial well beyond the death of Palpatine. This is why fringe planets were more susceptible to Rebellion. But instead, you have the Empire burn Core world and Outer Rim world equally. Why?

OR if you're gonna have Op. Cinder happen, at LEAST have Iden and Del remain loyal, if not a little shaken. These are people who were raised Imperial. For god's sake, Iden's FATHER is an ADMIRAL. And HE was all about Cinder. But to go from "I bleed Imperial blood" to "Well, these Stormtroopers are my enemy now" in a couple hours is a little bizarre.

It saddens me that the whole "Empire is all bad, all the time" train of thought will continue going forward, but oh well. maybe next Battlefront.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom