Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Kart: The Commenori Cup (CSA Dominion of X-27 Hex)

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
video-hunger-games-2-les-coulisses-du-film.jpg
"Welcome to the first annual Star Kart! Today's race is for the Commenori Cup! I am your host Ernest Glickerman." He leaned in forward to the cameras. "Now I know what you are all wondering. How could I get my hands on that fine trophy and place it on my mantle for EVERYONE to see? Well wonder no more!" Glickerman laughs and flashes his trademark smile. "All that you have to do is sign up for the Star Kart race, which you can do so now, pick out your ship of choice from the three available and WIN!" He leaned back in his chair. "Now I know what some of you might be thinking.
It's just some hunk of metal. Why would I go to such effort for that? Well the top prize is not just the trophy and bragging rights. Oh no! The winner also recieves 100,000 credits...and....one of the Star Racers of their choice! That's right! And who wouldn't want one of these slick babies?"

The camera switched to showcase the first Star Racer as his voice was heard in the background.

"Now here we have the Delcon X. Much like the X-Wing, it is designed to be highly maneuverable. Both moderate in speed and acceleration, the Delcon X is perfect for those that love tight corners and strategic flying."

Again the camera switches. This time for the second Star Racer.

"And here we have the Titan 547. This Star Racer is a little clunky, but really can pack a punch when you get her going. Maneuverability is moderate, acceleration is moderate, but it can out pace any Star Racer out there and take a beating while it does so."

Finally the camera switched to the third Star Racer.

"For the thrill seekers out there, we have the Gosper 1. Sleek in design, it is built for speed!
You wanna quick jump on your opponent? Then this is your Space Racer. The Gosper 1 is high on acceleration, and moderate in speed. However it lacks in maneuverability, so whomever pilots this one had better be quick in their calculations or they'll miss their turn and exit the course."

Ernest Glickerman's face appeared once more with his trademark smile.

"This isn't some planetary race, mind you. This is Star Kart! The course is in the stars! The course is readily marked, so neither of you can get lost. However, there will be time penalties removed for going off course. Along the 8 series of turns, you'll find hyperloops that'll give you that little extra burst of speed. Now here's where it can get a little dirty...each Star Racer is equipped with 3 EMP devices that you can drop in front of your opponent and take them out for 5 seconds. If timed correctly, you can give yourself a great advantage. So sign up now!
And tomorrow...The Star Kart officially begins!!"

OBJECTIVE 1: Letsa Go!!

-Racers will choose which of the three ships they will be flying.

-A dice system will be utilized for each post to determine the success of each turn/maneuver, as opposed to the writer. Each dice roll result will be shown to the racers for fairness.

OBJECTIVE 2: What a race!

-Spectators can watch in specially designed booths that allow for betting, food and drink, plus fantastic views of the course!

OBJECTIVE 3: Bring your own objective!

Klesta

The King of Ergonomic Assessments
Objective 2: Last-minute sponsorship

Surprisingly, Klesta was invited into the VIP box of one of the marquee prospective clients; he would never expect a client to take him to a sporting event to watch a spaceborne race - typically he associated that sort of things to a different variety of business transactions. Although, of course, the Bluth Company was a company that dealt in space freight, he wasn't realizing that the person in front of him was, in fact, a Tunroth. As he expected of a Tunroth there was meat everywhere on the plates for both Klesta and him, although the Tunroth was clear about Tiffany not coming to this function. Just that he perked up to look at him, and not just because Teuvo was much taller than he was. Well, most humanoid races were. Wasn't he surprised by what he would hear from Teuvo right off the bat. Sure, he had an idea that neither the client, nor him, were really interested in the race as a race, and more as simply of a backdrop for a buiness event. Now, just because the company paid for a VIP box, doesn't mean they had to disclose who's coming in that box when the purchase is made.

"Welcome to the Commenori Cup. We have a major job for periodic ergonomic assessments, to be performed yearly" Teuvo told the Jawa.

"Utinni! Most clients we ever had only had ergonomic assessments performed once"

Beth was tremendously excited about the news she read. She had been watching Alderaan fashion on the holo-tv while skimming through the HoloNet with her datapad. The news alert popped up - the Commenori were going to have a space race! Specifically called the 'Star Kart.' That was a pretty cute name. She liked it. And, she quickly decided, she had to be in it. She was hopeful that they would allow a Mandalorian into the race! In a hurry, the girl boarded her ship, the Vigilant Envoy, and headed off to Commenor.

Beth was not a big pilot - she could fly her ship and other ships, but she had no real training in them. She came in with the expectation of losing the race but ultimately, she wanted to enjoy it! And maybe see [member="Lady Kay"], [member="Caedyn Arenais"], and [member="Loreena Arenais"] at some point before, during, or after the race!

With that, she arrived at the place that the races would begin. Looking at the different ship options, she nibbled her lip before she decided to pick the Titan 547. It seemed like the safest option for her. It seemed average, and well, she was fine with that! With the registration done, she checked into a hotel room to await the next day when the race would officially begin. Man, was she excited to be able to experience such a thing!

Objective: 1

Oooooo!!!

Lori couldn't believe her eyes! A space race! With a ship as a prize!! She screamed in joy out loud, and then quickly clamped her hand over her mouth. Her eyes darted around the park in Chasin City that she was currently sitting in. No one seemed to have noticed. Too much.

She stared at her datapad, rewinding the feed and pouring over the stats for each of the ships available for use. They all had strategic advantages and disadvantages. The hyperloops were marked, or at least she thought. Lori studied the turns and plotted out her different strategies. Which would be better? Hmmm.

Chewing on the inside of her cheek, she thought some more. The race was taking place not far from Balmorra. It wasn't that far! And her mom would let her compete, surely! Right? Well she was going to do so anyways. Already she had a name for her new ship when she'd cross the finish line first! The Screaming Demon!!

Lori quickly sent off a message to the race organizers and then lept up from the bench and ran off to go pack!

Entrant: Loreena Arenais
Ship: Gosper 1

@Klesta@Beth Australis-Mantis[member="Lady Kay"]

She wondered how long it had been since she had been in a starfighter...much less a race! After hearing about it from a little holo she watched she couldnt at all wait grabbing [member="Darben Skirae"] and heading towards the place where she would register

Upon arriving she looked over the three options, she approached the delcron x and smiled, almost like her xwing she owned yet sleeker and not as battle damaged and worn down from time and every battle...however she didnt need focus there! She looked at the delcron nodding, yes if this was like her fighter she could pilot this with ease. Filling everything out and signed her name with pride and turned to darben

you gonna enter the race?

Caedyn Arenais

C
There'd been a bit of change on the Agenda lately; Caedyn's Master had encouraged the lad to return to his family as her path in life had taken on a different and unexpected turn. With Asha Hex no longer standing in as his Mentor, it was fairly easy to assume his time with the Je'daii Order was finished. Still young, he couldn't resume her duties at the age of fifteen. Being a teenager didn't come with a lot of influence over others especially in the way of leadership and thus he agreed to return to Commenor where he knew his Mom needed him.

As a Student of the Force, he still had a long way to go. He had been well trained thus far though there were always new things to learn; with this new change in the mix Caedyn didn't entirely know where his path would take him or what purpose he was meant to serve anymore where his abilities were concerned, so it was only natural that when [member="Lady Kay"] had told him about this new Star Race Cup had been announced, the race offered a great distraction to his uncertainty.

Racer Registration: Caedyn Arenais.
Designated Ship: Titan 547.
A Prince of Commenor, a high profile entrance into this new event; it certainly did well to call to attention the excitement of those within Systems Alliance Space. It didn't take much for someone to voluntarily sponsor him either given all who knew and loved his Mother. Caedyn wasn't entirely certain he understood the details behind the sponsorship, only that there was a good deal of credits someone was willing to pay to see him have some fun out there and show his Sister a thing or two. [member="Loreena Arenais"] always liked to show off her piloting skills whenever she had the chance; Cae figured it was about time he finally showed off his own.

If all things went his way, this Cup and the Ship would be his by the end of the Race !

[member="Stardust Australis Skirae"] [member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"] [member="Klesta"] [member="Lady Kay"]

[member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Klesta"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Stardust Australis Skirae"] | [member="Caedyn Arenais"]

A space race? Oh gods.... tight turns, known craft, cybernetic limbs, and old age. Not to mention, Bermann hadn't piloted an interceptor in decades. But he thought, well, injuries couldn't get much worse than what he already had, and was still healing from. Stubborn old man, he just didn't know when to quit. Never did. He noticed some others, a couple familiar faces from Commenor, but he kept quiet. Of course, he was in his CSA uniform, although he would change it later for something more.... less faction related. Once he was able to get up to the registration, he already knew what he wanted. Taking it easy? Out of the question. Bermann knew he was going to screw up in the race, whether that meant flying off the track due to mishandling of the beasts, or bumping against a sideline. He was not a racer, but he figured he should have a blast and push it over the limit to see where it all would end up.

Bermann gets a -2 to all dice rolls, or +2, depending on if a high or low roll is a bad roll. Due to Age and not being used to his Cybernetic Limbs

Objectives 1 and 3

The CSA. Thanks to his relative isolation from the rest of the galaxy, Zye hadn't quite heard of it just yet. He needed to find out what they were about... and he needed money... and this ship would certainly help with that with the money for the prize. He had registered under a false name, an identity that he had used when visiting Hapes as well. He tapped the letters out, ​E-R-I-N H-O-L-M-B-R-I-D-G-E​. He scrolled down through the titles, finally selecting sir.​ For added protection, he wore a helmet, an entire body of armor that covered his skin, protecting him from Ultraviolet rays that could burn and scar him.

The choice in ships wasn't hard for Zye. This was a race, and the race went to the fastest. With his reflexes, he was sure he could handle anything that went his way. The Gosper 1 was his choice.

"What a foolish name," Zye muttered under his breath. He looked at the announcer once more, shaking his head. How shameful. Didn't he have any dignity whatsoever? He doubted it. Now all that there was left for Zye to do, was wait.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
RexyDiv.png

Objective 2 and 3

Tom looked out over the course and looked at the announcer. Strange man. He spoke about the race. Sounded like fun but Tom had work to do. Not that Genesis was helping much as she came up on one of his holopads. "Hey there man, why aren't you out there wiping the floor with them." Tom would sigh looking at the AI "You know if you helped me this would be 5 times faster." The AI stuck it's tongue out at him before bringing up some more reports for him to do.

Stranger still was the man near him signing up. "Why would your name be foolish sir erin holmbridge, yeah okay that is a ridiculous name." Genesis would say. Tom would turn to the AI and [member="Zye Woden"] in full kit. "Sorry about her, she can be a bit rude at times. I personally find it hilarious at times." The AI would look the man over "Hey Tom if [member="Mykes Vatak"] ever says no, you could always take this guy."

Tom would give the AI a look as his skin began to drain of its whiteness. "I karking won't, that enough for one day now do your job." The AI clearly seeing his distress answered very quickly "Right away." Disappearing. Tom would then turn to the figure as his colour slowly came back "I am sorry about her, see can be a bit over the top at times. By the way my name is Tom, nice to meet you erin." He would say with a forced smile trying not to go and destroy the AI for suggesting what it had.

RexyDiv.png

Mykes Vatak had been getting some stuff for himself, among the spectating area. He had some food with himself, some snacks. And there he waited, looking about where [member="Tom Taff"] could be. He could sense him here somewhere, just not exactly where though. But, he no doubt was busy with something so instead Mykes sat down while he waited for him to return. Till something beeped and he took out the communicator. It seemed the AI made by Tom wanted to talk.

"Well...Hi there?" Mykes said, not sure what it wanted. The hologram just watched, remaining silent. "All right, guess nothing th-" The AI broke in, "Tom's just talking up someone. Seems to be connecting rather-"

"Okayyy, no. Goodbye if you got nothing for me." And he hanged up on the AI. He was not going to get stirred up by an AI, he wasn't going to let that happen. Wasn't going to let it ruin his day,

[member="Tom Taff"] I [member="Mykes Vatak"]

Objectives 1 & 3

Zye hated AI. They were pains in the butt, and they weakened beings. People believed they could rely on them, but for Zye, they were a crutch. Unlike a blade, a rifle, a whip, or an ax, AI's claimed to have personalities. Personalities bred attachment, attachment bred a lack of clarity. When the holographic form appeared near Zye, his hand instinctively flew with inhumanly fast reflexes. The palm of his hand slapped where its orange form was. Of course, this did nothing more than make the light form waver with a buzz.

He sneered under his helmet at the question. "Piss off."

He could tell this one would really get on his nerves; it had attitude and Zye hated attitude.

"I never hold the parents responsible for the sins of their children," Zye said in a lofty, haughty tone to Tom's apology. He had to hide his name, but not his personality here. this stranger may have found the program funny, but Zye didn't. He said shortly, "I find no humor in subversive subordinates."

He turned to leave when the program insisted on pushing it further. Zye had little interest in this program or the strange man it was with, but he felt the embarrassment stemming from the poor man's being. Zye turned on his heel to watch. He crossed his arms and smirked from behind his darkened visor. That​ was worth it. He guessed that it was something very personal to this stranger, especially considering the response.

If he was going to feel this organization out, he supposed the best way to do that was one being at a time. Zye offered his hand, "Erin Holmbridge. Forgiven. I'm sure you will change your mind later about it being nice​ to meet me," he added drily. Zye saw no reason to say anything except the purest truth of what he thought, especially with what came next. "You clearly care about this ​Vatak​ person. Are you close to him? Or do you want to be?"

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
RexyDiv.png

Objective 2 and 3

Tom wanted to kill genesis at this point. Damn AI, he was going to give her admin jobs to bury her under for at least 2 months. He shook his head he was so over the AI but the board had insisted. He was sure one of the programmers had found it funny to make her how she was. But lords almighty if at times he didn't wish the damn thing was actually real so he could strangle it. He had apologised to someone, something he didn't normally do. But [member="Zye Woden"] was nice enough to accept it. However the part at the end made him think for a minute.

"No I don't think I change my mind about it being nice to meet you. Something tells me that you believe you are saying the truth but even I know I lie when I hear it Erin. It maybe your truth but it is not mine. There are definitely people I would regret meeting but I feel you are not one of them." He felt sure during the moment he said all of it. But afterwards he wasn't so sure about it. But he then felt a surge of trust in this person again. Almost as if he was a lost brother or something.

"[member="Mykes Vatak"], he is my boyfriend. I was hoping to propose to him today but well the damn AI has soured my mood. Damn board, my dad goes missing so they make me head and then make an AI to basically watch over me that has the personality of a gamorian in a pastry shop. I swear if she was real I would have fired her long ago. The only reason I don't destroy her is because she has her uses when it comes to diplomacy. But yes I am very close to the Vatak person. I wonder where he has gotten to." He would then look around for Mykes, eventually spotting him and waving him over.

RexyDiv.png

Tin'tinag

Life is a queen, if not it would be to easy
Objective: 2 and 3
Peps: No one really

Tin would not have mind taking part in the race, but to be honest that would not have been a fair match up, seeing who was entering the race she'd probably cream them at the course. That pulse her inability to actually follow the rule, just wasn't her thing, call it a habit... or criminal record, but no one bother looking into that. It may not have been the most exciting thing to do but watching a race and seeing how people performed, maybe see some sort of spectacular crash.

Taking a seat in one of the reserved area's Tin scanned over the participants, and who had registered to race, the board having been filled up quickly. Would seem that even if she did want to race all the positions where taken, that prize certainly got a lot of attention, 100 grand was not something to scoff at, not even herself. "At the very least this will be interesting, can this race be bet on"? the Twi'lek remarked rhetorically, taking a seat in the private area over looking the race track.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Klesta

"Before we get started, we would like to know how long the contract is for"

One provision at a time: the main two ones are the length of the service contract and how to notify the Sith Inquisitor of the number of stations, from which the pricing flows and the payment terms. Oh and also the termination provision: that one is often a tricky one to deal with, he thought, while the race's main field of entrants was confirmed as containing [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"], [member="Loreena Arenais"] and [member="Anweald Bermann"], alongside with one... Erin Holmbridge? While Klesta did, in fact, sign a service contract on Manas and another one on Denon, it was not a common arrangement for non-Xi Charrian clients; non-Xi Charrians typically didn't have those performed until forced to. Meanwhile, he knew that Xi Charrian clients typically preferred to outsource since they preferred to minimize the legal liability from wrongful practice, which for them was pretty much a religious liability. It was becoming all too clear to him that selling ergonomic assessments was like day and night depending on whether the client was Xi Charrian or not, and in many more ways than one.

"Five years initially, with yearly renewal if that works out for you"

[member="Tom Taff"] I [member="Mykes Vatak"]

Zye was quite used to pushing people away. His life had consisted of basically that. Either this new acquaintance had the patience and ability to forgive of a saint, or he was in for a very rude awakening. Zye was good at what he did, but what he did wasn't customer service.

"I wish you all the best," Zye said in a tone that couldn't care less. It was nothing personal, to Zye, all beings were inferior. House Woden's virtues included arrogance and aloofness. Besides that, he didn't believe in love. It was a weakness that gave your enemies leverage to use against you. Melanctha Dallamoor's face flicked through his mind at that thought, almost as in protest, almost as if his heart was saying what about her?​ His face and aura softened for a moment, confused. No, he insisted to himself. She is just an employer. She's nothing more, I can't allow that.

"Everyone needs someone, I hope you two are very happy together," he said nodding to Mykes after Tom had waved to the figure in a less-disinterested tone. Maybe she was slowly softening him after all. "I suppose we all have those less than desired servants to put up with. That's the trouble with AI, you can't exactly make them suffer for their wrong doing. Can you not reprogram her?"

Mykes looked up, and he saw someone waving over at him. And he saw it was [member="Tom Taff"]. And someone else by him that nodded towards him? Mykes stood up from his seat and started moving. He didn't get over to them till they were talking about reprogramming something. He came up behind Tom, hugging him from behind. "I sure hope you are talking about Genesis. She is a bit...buggy." He meant that in several ways.

"So who might you be?" he asked to [member="Zye Woden"], perhaps in a slightly less friendly way than he had meant. Perhaps what Genesis had said had gotten to him slightly. "I'm Mykes Vatak. This guy's special...partner" he said, hugging Tom from behind still.

Objective: Take a breather.

Amid the yachts and expensive transports landing at the station to attend the Star Kart, an unadorned YT freighter descended smoothly towards the docking bay on the platform, a stylish, gleaming platform arrayed with a circle of tiered viewing booths along its surface, that offered a view of the racetrack, and made the station look like a cluster of pearls nestled in the void. One hand steering her down, the other resting comfortably on her lap, Kirie gave a yawn as she maneuvered the ship into the narrow bay. The landing pads touched down, taking the pressure of the ship with engineered ease. Then the repulsors wound down, and the gentle vibration through the deck ceased as the engines shut off with the slight tap of her finger on the instrument panel.

Stretching, the deaf woman rose to her feet, working the tension out of her limbs as she walked across to the deck towards the loading ramp. Slapping her palm on the button to drop the ramp, Kirie walked down, already presenting her identification and manifest to the officials walking towards the ship. It was the sign of a good spacer to think ahead, and while she didn't exactly think of herself in that way, it was a good philosophy for travelling alone across the Galaxy.

She was halfway along the trip back from the Deep Core, back from a mission that had left its mark on her. It was a place of extreme beauty and extreme danger. And, due to the circumstances of the mission, a profound sadness. But it was over now. She was on her way back to the Mara-Perlemian Council, carrying with her knowledge and accounts of a sight few, if any, had witnessed in Galactic History.

For most people, this would fill them with a sense of pride, or even inflate their ego to the point they became arrogant and pretentious. It didn't work that way for her. Whenever she thought about what she'd faced, what she'd seen, she just felt weary.

Walking up to pay the docking fee, she left her ship in the capable hands of the ground crew to do the refuelling and the restocking. That would take a few hours, and while she waited it couldn't hurt to head up to a viewing booth and watch a bit of racing. She did feel a little out of place. The majority of attendees had come dressed in their Sunday best; Aristocrats in suits and fancy dresses, and waiters in tuxedos rushing around with Hors d'oeuvres, and she in her flight suit and heavy boots.

Kirie strolled aimlessly for a while, eventually finding a turbolift and jetting up to one of the public viewing floors, stepping out into the throng of people who'd come to watch the race.

Klesta

"There's one thing I ought to make clear: pricing and payment terms will depend on the number of assessments made on any given request for service. Any change in prices will be communicated before the beginning of the actual provision of service"

"What do you mean, payment terms will depend on the number of assessments performed?"

"In the ergonomic assessments industry, there are typically two tiers of volume discounts available, with different payment terms for each. What's different for us is that, for very large assessment jobs, we have a third tier available"

So the Jawa began to wonder exactly how did Teuvo even have the idea of having Bluth Company perform ergonomic assessments? Surely it can't be an idea Jessica floated around; it has been decades since Jessica even worked as an intern for them. Klesta wasted no time presenting Teuvo the schedule of volume discounts: retail price was for 1-9 assessments, billed 1/5, n/20, group discounts were for 10-100 assessments, billed 2/15, n/45, bulk discounts for 101-1000 assessments, billed 3/20, n/60 and wholesale discounts for 1001+ assessments, billed 4/30, n/180, with the per-assessment profit decreasing from a tier to another by virtue of the price also decreasing. Yet the variable costs of an ergonomic assessment job are mostly labor-related, with supplies and units-of-production depreciation being the other primary variable expenses. Travel expenses were mixed expenses in this business: part-fixed (that is, so long as there actually are assessments performed, that portion of the cost is going to be incurred regardless of how many assessments are made; this is typically about transportation expenses) and part-variable (lodging, food tended to be treated as variable).

[member="Anweald Bermann"]

She decided to walk around a bit, maybe get to know a bit of them size them up...then again maybe that wouldn't matter much even the most unqualified looking person could be the best flyer. She looked around the place humming a bit to herself before spotting a man...who had quite a large force signature....she shrugged and walked up looking over the racer he was looking at

quite a sleek little thing isnt it? Would mind that color scheme on my own speeder hahaha

She placed her arms behind her back, she looked over to him and held a hand out

names stardust Australis Skirae pleasure to meet you

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Objective: 2

Race Day.

The-Hunger-Games-image-the-hunger-games-36695427-245-245.gif

"Let's take a good look." Ernest Glickerman directed the cameras to the screen displaying the list of competitors.

1: [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"] - TITAN 547
2: [member="Loreena Arenais"] - GOSPER 1
3: [member="Stardust Australis Skirae"] - DELCON X
4: [member="Caedyn Arenais"] - TITAN 547
5: [member="Anweald Bermann"] - GOSPER 1
6: Sir Erin Holmbridge - GOSPER 1
"Wow!...And I mean,
WOW! Talk about a wide variety of pilots! I don't know about you, but my odds are on the...well, that'll be my little secret. In just one hour the Star Kart will be underway and I am THRILLED to be bringing it straight to you! Racers, get to your ships and take your posts!"

He gave off his trademark grin as the cameras switched to various angles of the starting line. All six ships were in line, beimg tended to by various crews that were being sure that everything was in order and that each one was armed with three EMP devices locked and loaded.

This was going to be fun!

[member="Zye Woden"]

Each racer will have one corner per post. So if you look at the course, the first part after the finish line has 2 boxes before the first corner. That box is the hyperloop, which you can choose to take or not. Sharp left up ahead! ;)

Everyone will be shown their roll result after everyone has posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom