Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Star Grinders

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadpoolMLP

Too many characters, I have
Glide_Boots.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Resistances:
  • Energy: Average
  • Kinetic: High
  • Lightsabers: Very Low
  • EMP: Very High
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • STYLISH!: Designed by the upstart Si Tech, The Star Grinders were designed to look great on you. Personal fittings are available for order!
  • Heavy Duty: Designed to take the wear and tear of use, the leather is quite sturdy, and the internals are rather tough.
  • On and Off Switch: The Star Grinders double as normal heavy duty boots, and can be activated on a whim with a touch of the button.
STRENGTHS
  • Supreme Mobility: The Star Grinders were designed as a thought experiment. What happens if a person could just hover around? Now you float above the ground with ease, and can allow you to do some sick tricks!
  • EMP Protection: The bottom of the boot is inlayed with duraplast that surrounds the mechanical internals, allowing for protection of EMPs that would short out the repulsors.
  • Protect Yo Feet: The boot itself is lined with a durasteel cover, allowing for the foot inside to be protected from small blaster fire, and kinetic attacks.
WEAKNESSES
  • Wipeout!: Such mobility requires skill and practice to use. You will fall on your face quite a lot in getting there.
  • Directed EMP: While most EMPs will be deflected by the reinforced duraplast, something more powerful would short out the internals for sure.
  • Right through the Foot?!: This is not gonna protect you against anything powerful. Lightsabers, high powered slugs or blasters, all will go right through.
DESCRIPTION
Si Tech put forward a challenge. Make boots that make you float. This resulted in the Star Grinders, a set of repulsor powered boots that act as a rad way to get around without the hassle of buying a speeder. Is it practical? Probably not. But it does make you look really cool. If you can master it though, you will be a master of mobility.

Last edited:
Good Morning DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP

This is an interesting sub and looks like people could have a lot of fun with it. However, before I approve it I'd like you to add a resistances template per the armour template, you refer to several types of resistances, both EMP and defence against small arms and fire but not more powerful weapons. In the case that they are attacked and used as a defence I'd like to preempt any issue by having the defence and resistance established.

Also, please provide a link to Si Tech in the manufacturer field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom