Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech "Star-breaker" GL-7 Turbolaser Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huxy

[ Message Received ]
“Star-Breaker” GL-7 Turbolaser Battery

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create a powerful starship weapon

• Image Source:

[X]

[*]
Canon Link: N/A

[*]
Primary Source: N/A

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

• Manufacturer: First Order Experimental Weapons Division

• Affiliation: First Order

• Model: GL-7/EWD Turbolaser Battery

• Modularity: No

• Production: Limited

• Material:

Quadanium Frame

• Durasteel-Quadanium Alloy Hull

• Turbolaser Components

• Gold-Silver Electrical Components

• Kyber-based Weaponry Systems

• CD-14c Gunner Droid Brain

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

• Classification: Turbolaser Battery

• Size: Large

• Weight: Very Heavy

• Ammunition Type: Tibanna Gas & Power Cell

• Ammunition Capacity: Effectively Unlimited

• Reload Speed: Slow

• Effective Range: Long Rane

• Rate of Fire: Very Low

• Stopping Power: Extreme

• Recoil: None
SPECIAL FEATURES

• Kyber-based Weapon System - The kyber crystals used in the SB provide it’s lasers with substantially more power than that of a typical turbolaser or laser weapon.

• Manually Gunned with Droid Brain Assistance
Strengths:

• Firepower Supreme

• Armored - The Star-Breaker is a large starship weapon, making it a prime target to be targeted by enemy fighters, bombers, and starship weapons. Thus, the Star-Breaker needs armor plating to protect it from enemy fire. The SB is covered in a a thin Quadanium coating to help absorb enemy fire and to prevent it from hitting the durasteel-quadanium alloy hull of the SB.
Weaknesses:

• Rate of Fire - The rate of lasers fired per minute for the Star-Breaker is quite low. The SB, due to both its size and the sheer amount of heat it gives off/. The number of shots fired at a time is four, due to it's four individual cannons. However, the intervals between each set of four-barrel shots is five minutes.

• Slow Turn Speed - Due to the sheer size and weight of the SB, the platform it uses to rotate around on to aim at targets, the speed at which it rotates and turns is quite slow. This makes trying to aim at targets quite difficult and just troublesome for turbolaser operators.

• Power Leech - The SB requires a large amount of energy derived from the starship’s generator that it is placed upon to both fire it and fire it.

• Size - The Star-Breaker is a massive starship gun, meant solely to combat other capital ships. However, due to its sheer size, it is a prime target for fighters bombers, and enemy starship weapons.

• Kyber - Kyber crystals are an integral part of the Star-Breaker gun. However, kyber crystals have an incredibly volatile nature. These volatile crystals are primarily located on the inside of the Star-Breaker for utmost protection. However, on the top of the gun, there's a dome-shaped object which houses a few large kyber crystals. The dome will be the prime target for enemy bombers, even though it is armored, the uppermost top of the dome holds the least amount of armor, thus offering in a key way for bombers to wreck havoc if this area is targeted and successfully breached, resulting in a chain reaction of explosions which will destroy the gun and possibly the ship it is on as well, depending on the ship's size and armor of course.

• Disruptor Fire - The SB relies heavily on electronics and uses highly conductive metals in it's electronic systems. However, this makes it highly susceptible to disruptor, ion, and emp fire. If struck by one of these weapons a number of times, the SB will shutdown for five minutes, which is absolutely precious time in a battlefield scenario of any sort. During these five minutes, the SB will shutdown entirely as the gunners try to reboot the system, along with the droid brain which is not directly connected to the power-grid of the SB. The droid brain is directly connected to the power-grid of the ship it is installed on, and any lines connecting to anywhere on the SB will be shutdown automatically if the droid brain detect that the SB will soon shutdown. When disabled, the SB is defenseless and immobile for up to five minutes, sometimes longer, sometimes permanently if the circuits get fried.
DESCRIPTION
  • To get anywhere in weapon development, one must venture into the unknown of technological advancement and technology development to make a weapon that can curb the competition. That was the way the First Order Experimental Weapons Division thought, or just the FO-EWD. The First Order is many things, a galactic superpower, a marvel of technological advancement, and an empire that will one day, fall, as all empires and civilizations will fall. Thus was the viewpoint of Director Korgian Dyers, head of the FO-EWD. He knew, or at least believed, that one day the First Order would fall, and he believed that it would be from opposer's of the First Order, outsiders and enemies who would seek to demolish all the First Order had accomplished. To try and prevent this from happening, or at the least delay this inevitability in the eyes of Dyers, a weapon needed to be created.
  • Thus was the creation of the GL-7/EWD Turbolaser Battery, nicknamed "Star-breaker." The SB was designed to act as a sort of 'elephant gun,' a capital ship killer. With it's four cannon fire, powered up tenfold with numerous kyber crystals to offer that much of an edge in the field of battle, specifically to try and disable enemy capital ships. It takes five minutes for the SB to charge up, before releasing a consistent and flowing stream of red-purple laser fire from each of it's four barrels. It fires off two shots from each cannon, amounting to four shots from the first wave, and then a pause of thirty seconds, before the second wave, and then a five minute cooling cycle and subsequent charging cycle before firing once more.

Not Ordo

Just under the upper hand.
[member="FN-2826"]

So, a couple things that jump out at me are:

Effective Range: Battle field.

For a space based weapon this would make it a super long range turbolaser, which is fine on it's own but coupled with extreme stopping power and we bump into a minor issue. At super long range your changing targets by moving fractions of a degree. So that's one weakness that is kind of nullified.

So for this I propose one of a few things. You could lower the range to much closer. You could make in ineffective for some reason at closer ranges. Add a crippling weakness and go the glass cannon route, or you can lower the stopping power by 2 and leave the rest untouched. These are just ideas, feel free to come up with something I haven't thought of, I'm easy.

As a side note I don't like the kyber crystal angle but I'm willing to see where it goes. If someone using this tries to go with "my turbolaser is deathstar equivalent" they'll get this denied on you. Just fyi.

Huxy

[ Message Received ]
[member="Gib"]
I added some more to the Kyber weakness, specifying more about the dome that houses the kyber crystals and the major flaw because of this dome. I also added in an EMP/Ion/Dissruptor vulnerable weaknesses, where the gun is disabled for somewhere between two to five minutes. Hope these are good for what you want, and I also lowered the range down to Long Range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom