Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stalgasin Memorial Stadium

OOC thread

Stalgasin Memorial Stadium, Geonosis, 849 ABY. Some time has elapsed since she performed her first mission for the Techno Empire on Vulpter, where she sliced through One Sith technological databases for technology to be used for the Techno Empire's benefit. She set foot on Geonosis only a few times before but, given how hot the planet was, she dressed lightly, much as she would on Ringo Vinda or Tatooine. Jessica was a little more comfortable than she used to be back then, but her ability to use her newfound power is limited. Oh, of course, she wasn't lacking in brainpower in any way, she knew she could learn many Force-powers in a flash. She realized by now that the Sith Inquisitor may have had it right with her, but was way off the mark with that person that didn't seem right to her to be there: Jessica realized that this particular person was pretty smart but did not reach the threshold to be used as a Force-computer the way she was, and it would seem that only people past a certain threshold could. Combine to that her Force-using lover that once thought at one point that she knew too much about the Force, and specifically the action of the Force when powers are in use, not to be Force-sensitive.

"Brianna, by now I seem more willing to pay the cost of my intelligence, that is being used as a computer in the Force whenever someone uses Force-comprehension or Memory Enhancement. If that Jedi Healer wasn't used as I am in the Force, there is a limit as to how smart she really is but she walks a fine line - she seemed pretty highly intelligent to me when I first met with her"

"You never set foot on Geonosis; why are you landing so close to the stadium?"

"The stadium has a strong presence of the light side of the Force: several Jedi were killed within its confines, and even a Jedi Councillor. I have some business to tend to on Geonosis"

The Stalgasin Memorial Stadium is named as such by the Geonosians because it was the location where the Clone Wars began and it was the property of the Stalgasin Hive. By now it has become a baseball stadium for the Geonosians' Galaxy League Baseball team, whereas other hives still operated the bloody Petranaki arenas: the Stalgasin hive has another, smaller coliseum built for Petranaki. As Jessica made her approach near the Stalgasin Memorial Stadium, near the outer gate of the ballpark after having briefly seen the baseball diamond from above...

[member="Werah Unon"] [member="Ronen Jerik"] [member="Auron Song"]

Ronen's ship had landed near the Geonosis arena, being told by his master Veiere that there was a strong presence of the force there, and from what he had read in the archives with his friend Tydus, an ancient war had happened here, known as the clone wars. He had landed, and felt a strange sense coming from near the stadium, as if two force users were there. It was strange, he had met but one other force user, as many of this sith had killed jedi in honor killings in the last weeks. He decided to investigate this, and walked to where he could feel the presence.

He could sense it better now, two people, one shrouded in more mystery than the other, one was a jedi of low experience, perhaps a padawan like me, human, not Miraluka. It was odd to be sure, they weren't here to watch a game of baseball...

He walked further, and decided to talk to them.

"Um.. Hello?" He tried to look in their general direction, as he was not quite experienced enough to see totally with the force.

"The force led me here... I think you two are who i've been looking for"

[member="Jessica Med-Beq"]

Werah stood in the centre of the stadium, his custom made armour concealing his identity completely, aided with a mysterious shroud of the force. The armour was his favourite, that he had owned for many years now, a phrik plated suit that made him look about 2.5m tall. Using the voice modifier in his mask, he spoke in a odd booming voice, ringing across the empty space. "Welcome!" Werah drew his amethyst lightsaber with his long armoured fingers, and ignited it. "I will be training you today." Werah swung the lightsaber around expertly, using a combinations of forms 5 & 2. "I am no jedi, but I can teach the ways of the force nonetheless." Werah clicked his fingers, and a burst of flame shot into the sky, emanating from his outsteched hand. "Listen closely...you might learn a thing or two." Werah grinned under his mask, and surveyed the approaching padawans. There was Jessica, of course, the TE's mascot, a young blindfolded miralukan, and a brown-haired human, probably in their 20s. Well, he would see what they were like soon enough. The day had just begun...

[member="Jessica Med-Beq"][member="Ronen Jerik"][member="Auron Song"]

"The Force led all of us here" she told her fellow students. "I have seen way too many Force-users use the Force without the slightest understanding of how exactly their powers work on the target of a power, and it can sometimes be straightforward, while at others it can be complicated"

That was the trick: Jessica knew way more about how a Force-power operated than she had power to actually act on it. She knew Phase was about quantum tunneling, Force-cloak was about playing with the refraction index, Electric Judgment was about solving for Maxwell's equations for the target and pyro/cryokinesis amounted to playing with the root-mean-square speed of the molecules inside the target. But she never got the chance to actually use these powers. The stadium may be empty with Werah on second base and the would-be apprentices where the shortstops would usually be. Hopefully Jessica would actually have the power to act upon what she thinks she knows about the operation of Force-powers because the presence of the Force has been amplified in this area, as if some sort of resonance acted on her. Very rarely did anyone had the chance to train Force-powers at the stadium, however. Geonosians yielded almost no Force-sensitives, there were only two or three recorded in history. Of course, it feels weird to be the Techno Empire's mascot and to be flying around the galaxy doing business for multiple factions at once. Stealing Wyyrlok, Exalt, Immortal, Dark Blade, Darr Itah schematics, alongside others, was something the TE could benefit...

"But this place has a lot of light-sided presence: not surprising since about 180 Jedi were killed in there within a few minutes in the opening stage of the Clone Wars"

[member="Werah Unon"] [member="Ronen Jerik"] [member="Auron Song"]

A beat up old cargo shuttle descended from the orange skies, rattling and shaking as it lowered closer to the planet. The pilot or actually de-facto pilot was a young Whipid named Z'Zharen, who tried to remain focused on the landing procedures. His first time piloting a ship was only a day ago, and today would be his first landing...or crash landing.

The small cargo ship started to spin in a circle clumsily as it nearly missed a Geonosian hive spiral. Z'Zharen was breathing in and out, a meditation exercise a friend had once shown him. He wished she was here, she or at least her Bith master were capable pilots. Anyone would be a better pilot, the young 6'6 ft tall Whipid felt borderline claustrophobic as he continuously pushed buttons and pulled levers hoping to land properly.

He continued his breathing exercise, regaining his focus and remembered observing the old pilot land once before. He had to manually dial down the engines and that the switch to release the landing legs was under steering handles. The four landing legs slowly released themselves from the belly of the shuttle and prepared to make contact with the ground outside the arena.

The legs didn't fully extend, the front of the old shuttle dipped and skidded against the rocky terrain while the back end legs raked behind like anchors quickly bringing the shuttle to a stop. The engines died down, the young Whipid had an awkward time removing himself out of the small passenger exit since the cargo hold doors were locked up. He wore a torn, sleeveless brown duster and pants. On his waist belt was a self made dagger forged from shrapnel. On his back was strapped a holster, carrying his prime weapon, a half working electro-staff.

With a deep sigh, the young Whipid closed his eyes and reminded himself why he was here. He was told there was to be a gathering of light sided Force users, a conclave perhaps? In his long travels, Z'Zharen had only encountered a few Force wielders and most of those few were of the dark side.

The Whipid did not take long to trek into the arena, the wide entrance ways were opened. He jumped down from the lower stands and into the pit...

This place made him cringe with painful memories. He squinted and soldiered on, there was an armored being waving a colorful saber in the center of the arena. He also spotted two humans...one appeared blind. Both very youthful looking. Apprentices?

Z'Zharen, came around to face the armored man, but placed himself in between the two humanoids. This was very skeptical, Zhar thought this was going to be a gathering of various Jedi Orders...but it appeared to be a private lesson? The armored man had impressive skills, but Z'Zharen was awed by his use of the Force. He had never seen someone create flames from their hands before. The young Whipid was usually more reserved, but he was inspired by an instinctive boldness to respond to the armored man. "Yes!" He shouted in a deep voice.

[member="Jessica Med-Beq"] Werah Unon Ronen Jerik Auron Song

Herr Vanderhing stood leaning his right arm against a wall biting into a fruit in a hallway at the seats. He had an excellent view of the whole stadium where he was. As governor of Geonosis he felt as though he should at least show up at very large tourist events so he can say that he was there. He never really understood the Jedi or the Sith or the force or religioun in general. "Not enough self indulgence" he thought to himself. He soon decided to leave the stadium. It would always give him a headache whenever he limped in to it and today was no different. He thought "maybe as governor I should greet at least a few of the Jedi tourists" but his horrible piercing headache was becoming a bit too much of a problem so decided not too.

"Hmm, i can feel the presence of several now, i can see their signatures" Ronen took of the bandages off his eyes, revealing his scarred, burnt face, with no eyes. "I can see more than you two, i sense 3, possibly 4, but one of them aren't jedi... it's strange..." Ronen sat down and started to maditate on what he had discovered, to see if the force could show him what he was looking for.

One of their signatures were clouded, shrouded in mystery, the girl next to him had great force ability, but couldn't tap into it. It was odd to say the least, he would think further.

@Z'Zharen [member="Jessica Med-Beq"]

[member="Ronen Jerik"]

Z'Zharen saw from the corner of his eye that the human boy was removing his bandages. Though it was apparent the boy was not human, at least not fully. He was one of those races, ones who were all born with a strong connection to the Force. He had never met a being from any of those races, this one he heard was a dying people though. Miralukas at least pure bred ones were extremely endangered as far as rumors in the Outer Rim go.

The young Whipid wondered, how this blind boy perceived the worlds around him. Were his others senses stronger, or could he somehow tap into the Force and see things across even greater distances than what was just in front of him. Perhaps each of these people had something to teach...This made Z'Zharen feel a bit insecure as his connection to the Force was only recently opened to him. Before journeying around the Outer Rim in search of Jedi teachings, he spent years in another arena. Though what he learned there did not seem equip able to teach Jedi...

The boy appeared to go into a meditative state, he had taken a step forward though as he planned on speaking with the blind boy. He did not want to disrupt him, he respected the power of focus. He turned to the female human and the armored man again. It was unfair for Z'Zharen to assume anyone of these Force users would teach him anything even if he had something to offer in exchange. The only thing he could think of offering right now was his name, that was the very least.

"I am Z'Zharen...Zhar some call me. I seek to further learn the ways of the Force...of the Jedi. I do not own many possessions and even less that would be worth anything in exchange for such knowledge." He squinted his eyes, the glare from the intense sun of this world shined brightly in front of him. The man's armor caught the rays and made the brightness more glaring. Thinking of the blind boy behind him, Zhar closed his eyes to regain focus. He spoke aloud again, for all members present to hear.

"I wish to learn so that I may protect others in these trying times I've seen and heard across the galaxy. I want to help bring some good into people's lives, save lives even."

[member="Werah Unon"] [member="Jessica Med-Beq"] [member="Herr Vanderhing"] [member="Ronen Jerik"]

He slowly turned to look at the man. "You seem to seek more than knowledge of the jedi arts, you seem to one to know the secrets of the force, a wanderer." He stood up and shook his hand. "I am Ronen Jerik, last two Miraluka on Commoner. What do you wish to learn from a place like this. I see death and screams here... Not peace and serenity."

"Please, meditate with me" He motioned with his hand to sit.

@Z'Zharen

Werah felt as if he sometimes led two lives: He was the ruler of whole systems, Supreme Commander of an Empire, leading the new Techno Empire into the galaxy. Sometimes however, Werah just wanted to be the lonley young Kel-Dor that had no cares or responsibilities in the entire galaxy. Doing something like this was as close as he could get to that. Werah noticed a Whipid approaching, calling himself Zhar. Well, the more the merrier thought Werah, as he crouched down on the dry sand. "Good, good", Werah said to the people already meditating. "Feel the power in this place, the battle fought here so very long ago..." Werah closed his eyes, diving into his own mind. Swimming down, he felt the pulsing connection as a river, a torrent of raw energy, rushing past him, limitless in it's energy. One had to be careful not to get swept away. Cupping his hands, Werah dipped his hands into the flow of energy, and lifted it up to his exposed face. The power flowed through him as he drank, and Werah felt the rush of energy from completing this mental task. Opening his eyes once more, Werah asked a question of the people gathered around. "Can you sense it? The draw of the force?".

[member="Ronen Jerik"][member="Z'Zharen"][member="Herr Vanderhing"][member="Jessica Med-Beq"]

"Despite the numerous voices of death and screams, the Geonosians turned it into a place of serenity and quiet after they turned it into a baseball stadium"

For the first time, Jessica actually effected an attempt at using F = ma on the plate that baseball players called the second base. In other words, Force-push/pull. There were three of those plates in the ballpark... will the others actually effect such attempts? She was told on multiple occasions that she knew too much about the Force to be unable to use it when she looked around for answers to her incomfort back in the day. Now she had a chance to actually use the Force for something other than mechu-deru or Force-sense. For a while she feels much more serene than she used to be in years, finally getting a chance at recollecting herself and reconciling herself with the Force. To her this whole notion of light-and-dark is more a question of doctrine than anything else. Unfortunately she knows that Vulpter and Castameer were borne out of doctrinaire actions, due to her loyalty towards the Silver Jedi - even though territorial disputes with the Silver Jedi have re-surfaced regarding Ringo Vinda.

"Now, if any of you are game, try to use me as you would a computer in the Force: if you want to understand stuff faster you may want to use other people's brains in the Force as if they were computers: just make sure your target has the intellectual fortitude to withstand what you want to understand however"

[member="Ronen Jerik"] [member="Z'Zharen"] [member="Werah Unon"]

He was confused how she explained things, she treated everything like a science lesson, it's as if she didn't want to feel the force, only understand it.
"Hey, im just gonna keep meditating through the force, thinking about it like that will just confuse me" He started floating off the ground.

"The draw of the Force... now I'm opening up to my power"

Jessica has always been more of the type to understand a power when in the early stages of learning it. It made sense to her to understand how the Force worked so that she could get a better feel for it, precisely the sort of approach that led her to be told on multiple occasions that she knew too much about the Force to be unable to use it. Only the more cerebral among Force-users would actually even try to employ such an approach: her Jedi Ace of a lover always thinks very highly of her intellectual ability. Maybe a little too highly sometimes. She remembers the administrator of the very first Force-sensitivity test she took as a pre-teen saying Feel, don't think, and yet the reverse is true of her. A Force-nexus was, to her, a resonance in the Force, as if the stadium was tuned to a particular Force-frequency much like an old-fashioned electromagnetic radio would be receiving a signal across a band centered at (LC)-1/2.

"I feel as you're accusing me of overthinking things in the Force" she said, addressing Ronen.

[member="Ronen Jerik"] [member="Werah Unon"] [member="Z'Zharen"]

"Jessica, you probably are overthinking it. Calculations can only take you so far. The force is infinite.", said Werah, addressing the female jedi. Werah shimmered, and vanished completely, reappearing in the same spot seconds later. "Can you explain that with equations? Yes, you can. But knowing the equation does not mean you can actually do it. To use the force, you must find a way to channel the power that flows through everyone. Yes, I said everyone. Only a select few will ever have enough power to actually use it, but nonetheless, it is a common bond of all beings." That wasn't technically correct, thought Werah, remembering the force dead species, but it worked for the purposes of this lesson. "How you focus the power, is a matter of choice. Dark siders use passion, and strong emotions to help them utilise it, while many light siders use calm and meditation to help them use the force. However, I am not here to tell you the correct way, if there even is one. I am going to tell you what to actually do with that focused power, once it is at your fingertips. First though, try and focus the power into your body, using your mind." Werah considered what skills to teach them today. He was himself a master of the mind, and knew how to alter other's perception using these psionic tricks. However, that was not the best skill to learn first, so Werah thought he might try and tell them how to use pyrokinesis, as that was always interesting. "The range of utility of the force is endless. You bend reality to your will when you use it, drawing from a invite sea of energy that resides everywhere. To create an effect, you have to visualise what you wish to happen, and then focus your power into doing it."

[member="Jessica Med-Beq"][member="Ronen Jerik"]@Z'Zharen

Knowing the equation of a Force-power does not mean you can actually do it? The words from the trainer ring a bell into her, but the light side presence in this location gives her confidence that she can actually use the Force to set the second base plate on fire. She always found the conventional light-and-dark approaches to the Force to be too emotion-based, even though her ability to perform calculations in her mind is better than many, regardless of whether she actually use the Force to do so or not (not that it would matter, since using the Force to boost her cognitive functions would not work on her). After lifting the second base plate from its position, and back, using Force-pull, Jessica was to learn pyrokinesis. She was setting said second base plate on fire, visualizing it being set ablaze as she uses the Force to increase its molecular vibrational frequencies, that is, heat it, until the second base plate is set on fire. The reverse process would cool it down, extinguishing the fire, and she knew it, but for the time being, she decided to let the second base plate burn. Hopefully the flames won't spread across the sand... but even Force-induced fire won't last eternally.

"I guess, cryokinesis is the reverse process of that"

[member="Werah Unon"] [member="Ronen Jerik"] [member="Z'Zharen"]

Interesting. Jessica had managed to successfully use pyrokinesis, with apparently very little effort. Yet still, her mathematical approach to these forces could backfire. Droids couldn't use the force for a reason, even though they could do such calculations effortlessly. They lacked the spark. Interesting then, that this computer-like person was force sensitive. It could open up many powers, if used appropriately. With no emotions necessary, there would be almost no limit to the amount of power that could be wielded. Of course, such a seeming perfection came with a unfortunate flaw that brought the whole construct crashing to the floor in all trials. The force was not logical. All laws of the universe seemed to fail when the force was used. The effects could be measured, but the power behind them was purely chaotic in nature. Nothing was truly linked. Though equations could help visualise the result for you, no knowledge of that kind could help to actually use that power. Also, though there was an equation for everything, some equations would take more processing power to figure out, than was possible in a finite universe. "Nope. Cyrokinesis is different. You try and extinguish that fire with a reversed pyrokinesis, and you will probably kill yourself. This is dangerous, Jessica. No equation can be perfect. Visualisation is all that it can be. Use your knowledge as a helpful tool, but if you try and categorise the force itself, you will be driven insane in an instant."

"Perhaps I'm already driven insane: the Force-energies of this stadium reduces the amount of energy one needs to spend, all right, but I'm swept away by the torrents of confusion and screams in the Force by now. I just need to meditate so that I can regain sufficient focus to actually try to do cryokinesis the way you see it"

Plus the second base plate is rather small in the scheme of things for which one could use pyrokinesis for. Her mind was a little dizzy but that was the effects of a Force-nexus formed by hundreds of dead Jedi - then again, perhaps Werah was equally confused by the radical approach to Force-powers she just exhibited. The only reason why would reversing a pyrokinesis the way Werah meant would kill her would be because the energy would burn her from the inside. But she couldn't just turn her brain off because that would kill her too. So she just meditates on the sand, near the burning second base plate, attempting to clear her mental cache of conscious thought, when all of a sudden, she feels uncomfortable. She was accused of being more computer than person; she feels insulted, but she doesn't let that show that much outwardly. As she meditates in an attempt to regain her emotions, she realizes that this place makes her more confused about the Force than she used to be - despite being all too confident that her approach based on understanding the Force's action on a power's target would work.

"I feel as you suspect me of being more computer than person - then again, some people think Jedi are more computers than people because they can hide emotions better than anyone else. That's why I need to regain control of my emotions"

[member="Werah Unon"] [member="Ronen Jerik"]

"You shouldn't distant yourself so much from your emotions with the force. As much as it may make you powerful, it blocks your many senses, a major part of the force. You shouldn't feel as if you have to remove emotion, just be calm and see reason, and be at peace with your emotion. To not see through a blank slate, will lead you down a road" He looked towards her with his bandaged eyes. "Sorry... I shouldn't be butting in, you seem more experienced than me"

[member="Jessica Med-Beq"] [member="Werah Unon"]

Werah watched the padawans next to him, deep in thought. "The most dangerous abilities, are not flashy like pyrokinesis, or mysterious like invisibilty. The most dangerous powers are the ones that come from within. Like this. Werah suddenly began to appear to melt, and then vanish in a blue sparkly glow. Overhead, the sky began to darken, and a massive ship glided above the stadium, dwarfing everything near it. It seemed to fire something, a small flash coming from the left flank that was near to the people in the stadium. Where Werah had been standing, a drop pod slammed into the ground, spraying sand in all directions. The hatch flew open, belching smoke, and Werah strode out in his armour, slamming the door behind him. "Okay. Who here can explain what I just did?", Werah asked, grinning.

[member="Ronen Jerik"][member="Jessica Med-Beq"]@Z'Zharen

"That looks like Force-horror... whereby one channels their inner darkness to project it at targets"

The most dangerous powers came from within or affect their targets from within. Force-horror had that effect. She definitely heard about it, but never has she been the target of it. That was more mysterious to her than Force-cloak, pyro/cryokinesis or electric judgment. Speaking of which she had enough skill in electric judgment to recharge a blaster or a lightsaber, but no more than that for now. A little weak, of course, but very few at elementary stages of their training would be expected to know about electric judgment in the first place, not even at the most basic level, where one had barely enough energy to recharge a diatium power cell the size of those found in a lightsaber. Yet Force-horror would affect the targets' minds, inducing fear in them. She might be incorrect about which Force-power that was, but she knew as much about a power's mechanism.

[member="Werah Unon"] [member="Ronen Jerik"] [member="Z'Zharen"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom