Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Splendid Isolation

The desolate cold of Hoth was the current backdrop for Akhema's self-imposed nomadic lifestyle. With no central Sith Empire in the galaxy, there was little she had at the moment in the way of opportunities. Power being its own reward, she chose to pursue shreds of her past in an attempt to link her current life to what once had been. Hoth was a planet she had travelled to several times during her tenure as a Sith Lord of the ancient Empire. Her old master had interests in the depths of the caverns wherein one could harvest permafrost crystals. One such crystal was a focus in her own lightsaber, and now she was searching for more to pursue her own interests based on what her memory allowed her to recall of her master's work.

In the splendid isolation, she felt comfortable. Akhema let her guard down and simply existed therein the Force-imbued caverns where she had meditated for the past few days. Sustenance was simple enough to gain and she was not worried at all about being discovered on this frozen backwater. She had already gathered a half-dozen of the crystals of varying qualities and now stopped to consider what it was she should do with them. She was not much of a scientist, so the research aspect of her master's work was lost to her. For her it was the application of these crystals to lightsabers that mattered more. If she was going to try to build a new Sith Order from the ground up she would need ways for potential students to create their own lightsabers and the naturally formed crystals spread across the galaxy were always more powerful than the synthetics that made up the bulk of the red-bladed weapons of the past.

At least on her ship now, she was warm in her meditation and relaxation. More work was to be done in her search for more resources to build a hidden academy. It might have been a grandiose goal, but she was confident in her power that she could succeed even if it meant starting out embarrassingly small. All great things have their starts from humble origins after all.

Turranis had found himself on hoth he was looking for either permafrost crystals or snow beasts to use alchemy on or both as he walked through the snow and cold his ship well within range if he needed. The planet itself never held much or any of his attention thinking it to him it was just be cold but he figured it was time he new perma frost crystals came from here that was its only significance to him.

His overwhelming force aura could be felt around the planet as he drew closer to a cave he got info on should have crystals they where never that impressive to him. They made a blue blade how original in his eyes but in his millennia of existence he knew they where not among the best or most sought after. But he was going to see what they offered in a lightsaber for now anyway any worth while alchemy subjects would be gathered once he had his primary goal after all it was easier to get crystals without keeping an eye on a creature or worrying about it loose on one's ship.

Akhema Akhema

The Machine God strode from a ship of midnight black onto a world of harsh, blinding white. Or rather, it would be, were it not for hid photo receptors immediate compensation for the heightened reflection of light. Metal jaw ground on metal jaw as he looked about - noticing nothing but the warning of his sensors telling him the planets -75 Degree air temperature. That was before the wind - of course.​
Was this what it was like to be mortal - to be flesh and feel cold? Surely it had to be more than a sensors warning, but he could never be sure. His titanic form wasn't built to feel - it was built for war and technology, and today it was built to meet others on the planet. Their force signature was nearby - and his was wrong. Metallic. Forced by the enslavement of crystalline shards stuck in his torso and the Kyber processors in his brain - a harsh mix of super computers and mortality that made the monster that he was.​
A shame the morality of his existence meant little to him.​
His joints clattered and groaned in the cold but gave way as he began his ceaseless march to the others. The Machine God had his path - and he would walk it, rain, sleet, or in this case: Snow.​

Akhema was consumed by her meditative state. The notion of others having arrived on Hoth was so outlandish considering where she had gone, and yet now she found herself interrupted by presences she did not invite along. The Pureblood frowned slightly. She had come out here to be alone with her thoughts and now she had to entertain the prospect that visitors were coming. Not knowing the intentions of these people either, she opted to exit her ship and with a short leap to the top of it she concealed herself through suppressing her presence in the Force and flashing out of the visible light spectrum.

It would be easier to appraise the situation without the imminent threat of immediate conflict. Whoever it was, they were of the Dark Side as well, and that meant one of two things in her experience. Either she was being tracked by someone from previous travel locations, or her presence in the Dark Side alerted nearby Force users and they chose to investigate the situation. Regardless of who they were, she chose caution over aggression. If she was going to have to fight for her life, she would rather be the one to initiate the hostilities on her own terms. Regardless though, she kept still and suppressed atop the old-fashioned YT-1300 she had made into her home.

Darth Maladroth Darth Maladroth Turranis vulcun Turranis vulcun

Life was abound on the planet, or so his sensors claimed. From the mouse and the fox in the snow - to pack animals huddled together for warmth. Even the occasional predator in his cave - but organic life was no threat to Maladroth. His unblinking visage was unperturbed by their delicate intricacies - and his undisturbing to theres, for the most part. At the very least, most animals evolved enough to live this long tended not to try and eat him.​
When the maw of the cave he sought was before him, he entered. Rolling his shoulder joint, he cracked the ice around his internal heaters, then began to spool them. His body became a heatwave, and the ice and snow that stuck to him fell off near instantly - all before he continued his walk. Vocabulators in his synthetic throat rang out with only the slighest modulation;​
"Sith of High or Low Birth - I've come to speak with you. My name? Darth Maladroth.", he said with a touch of apathetic self entertainment. There was fun to be had in provocative grandeur.​
"My purpose? To welcome you to the fold. Come one, come all."​
"And be quick about it.", he said in a more flat, slightly lower tone.​

High birth? That must have been a joke. So far as she knew, she was the only Sith from the truest Empire to have ever existed in the galaxy. In her age she was highborn; her skin color alone told that tale. Did that even matter anymore? Those people traipsing around claiming to be Sith had no idea what it really meant to be a Sith. Having witnessed the state of Korriban and Dromund Kaas herself there was no way that any Sith organization could be called Sith if they could not claim control of the Stygian Caldera and the Sith Core Worlds.

Akhema stood up and dropped her stealth and looked down from the top of her ship, "You must be joking machine. High birth? Are there any Sith of high birth anymore? Would that even matter? There is no Empire, and there are no true Sith anymore."

She did not come down from her ship, but she sat down on the edge of it. There was no aggression in his posture and so she showed none in return.

Maladroth's glowing red eyes shown in the darkness like the dying embers of a fire. The Sith Lord watched Akhema sit for a few second before he let out an audible hum - dismissive, confirmative, whatever it was it was lost in the echo of the ice around them. He paced back and forth as he began to speak;​
'High Birth is a frivilious concept built to give certain sentients unearned confidence from family lineage, and other sentients a chip on their shoulder for what they were not 'given'. In a meritocracy such as the Sith, should your birth really matter?", he said with a cock of his mechanical brow.​
"Alas - I am not here to debate the pointless mundanities of organic life and their 'noble pursuits' of who birthed who; I'm here to inform you of an empire waiting. The Sith Order stands where an Empire does not."​

Turranis heard him speak but didn't pick up his pace the robotic voice didn't command him nor did anyone especially some robot claiming to be sith. As he rounded the corner there was ice on his cloak but as he moved it broke off the ancient sith lord as he approached coming into view for both of them he listened to them as they spoke.

"Do not speak to me of false sith orders and empires I've seen the state of these so called sith and they leave me wanting to bring back the original sith to show the galaxy a real threat not children playing at war and sith nature."

Speaking out as he approached closer finally standing far enough that etiquette would allow. "There is no sith empire or order I've seen worthy of myself aligning with robot" he said. Truthfully with no venom or hate in his voice he wasn't in the mood for a history lesson but apparently he was going to give one.

Darth Maladroth Darth Maladroth Akhema Akhema

"It is not triviality. It is the inextricable link to the progenitors of my people. It may not matter to you, but to a Sith like me, our blood is directly connected with the exiles that set the foundation of the Sith Order. But no matter I am sure. The Order must have forgotten its roots if the idea of the importance of blood has been eschewed." Akhema said leaping down from the top of her ship.

The Pureblood was a tall organic, but the machine was needlessly large. She looked up and down for a moment, and then before she could speak an interruption appeared between the two and approached from another angle. Akhema frowned and look to him,
"My private trip is apparently a group occasion now. Vitiate's Empire is no more, and while none of the successors have impressed me there is no point in remaining splintered while rabid animals parading around like Sith give the Order a bad name. The underpinning of the Sith needs to have actual power and prestige to it. Who will revere a Sith with no base to build upon? I have nothing of my own anymore. My home on Dromund Kaas has been gone for over four-thousand years. The Empire has been gone for nearly as long. This galaxy has been without the Sith Order for so long that nobody remembers the order and efficiency of a truly powerful Empire. The efficacy of centralized authority is a lost art."

Akhema paused for thought, "The Sith persist. Wherever you came from machine, tell me, do they have any way of properly training Sith? Is there an Academy where even the basic principles of Sith philosophy are instilled into the new blood?"

The robot's gaze turned to meet the new visitor - but if there was any emotion behind his eternally apathetic visage, it would once again be missed. HIs gears turned, his body adjusted its weight, and he continued;​
"Yes, bringing about the old Sith...", he repeated, a mix of disappointment and boredom.​
"And yes. You know -", he suddenly interrupted himself.​
"You both seem very ignorant of the last few years. Were you aware the Sith Empire controlled over half the galaxy prior to its recent civil war? Or that it had not only destroyed the Republic, but despoiled the core? For Sith speaking of education and ideals, there is much assumption abound about strength and persistence - like it is not our Order's way to let the weak die when it becomes evident they must."​
"That is, afterall why Vitiate's Empire is gone - it was weak, by his own design as I recall. That is also why the original Sith are gone. The Strong persist, the Sith persist - and your old ideals only have some traction in the new world. Are you victims of tradition, or righteous trend setters for the next generation?"​
"I come to offer you a chance at a future, not a return to your comfotable couch in the past. I'm not a time machine, and you're not Vitiate. Either of you.", he said with a glance between them.​
"Do you want to build an Empire, or do you want to be given one?"​

"I want to take an Empire from the unworthy and cast them into the streets where their weakness can be lain bare to those with the courage to seize what the weak cannot keep. The ideals of the past should not be forgotten. They should be used as a foundation. What which has failed can be changed, adapted. I am not choosing to remain stagnant, I am offering insights from a time long forgotten. The lessons of the past are to be used to bring about the power of a new age." Akhema said. There was a measure of apathy in her own voice. She had grown weary of company already and it showed.

"Traditions are not weakness. They bind an Order together. Build an Order with a unifying vision and it is much easier to keep the weaker Sith in line. Power obviously comes from the top down, but the weak are needed to serve the powerful. Imperial power means nothing without subjects to rule.

He looked at the man "I knew vitiate far better then you boy i helped train him. Even though you speak the truth never look and see weakness there is strength in knowing history his empire set the stage for the sith of this age" he said not giving much away.

Looking at them both before looking at the robotic man "which empire do you speak of the maw or another that has popped up?" Standing there. He listened to the younger pureblood speak he agreed with what she said he agreed but where to start "the galaxy needs to truly fear the sith again and she speaks truths to do that we need to be unified completely or as completely as sith can be give me the coordinates for your empires home world cyborg I'll see how strong these sith truly are my self" he said he sensed her apathy he was also tired of this conversation but things needed to change.

Akhema Akhema Darth Maladroth Darth Maladroth

"I walk among greatness.", Maladroth said with an over accentuated contentment.​
"Coordinates and hyperspace lanes won't get you to where we need to go - only the wayfinders in the Sepulchral can do so. The Sith Order rebuilds in a shroud outside the galactic rim; simply join my ship and I will show you to them. There you can witness the true Sith of our era - and from there it is up to you."​
"I am, afterall ,just a robot.", he said with a roll of his eyes.​

"I came here for my own reasons and would see them done before I leave even if it seems trivial to the both of you" he said standing there. Listening to him speak "what name do you go by then so I may call you appropriately then if we are to be working together we should know who the other is" he said he was being disrespectful but till now he had no reason not to be.

After getting his name he pulled a massive amount of the darkside into his ancient body using force speed and his own supernatural speed to go through the cave quickly searching for his objective finding a permafrost crystal he came back out just as fast. As he stopped a couple minutes later he fixed his clothing "well I guess I'm going to see this new sith empire in person what about you" he said looking at akhema.

Akhema Akhema Darth Maladroth Darth Maladroth

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom