Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Spiraling down on the way to ordo

High Commander of the Lilaste Order
Goal: Survival, identify location, and get a signal off-world to call for help​

The unexpected gift of freedom as the Silver Jedi grandmaster pardoned him of his crimes still sat uncomfortably with him. it was a double-edged sword for Laphisto. He was unchained but felt adrift, like a ship lost in space without navigation. A curse escaped his lips as the lone ear on his head lay flat, a testament to his frustration. Laphisto's quiet reflection was shattered by the abrupt wailing of alarms and the glaring flicker of warning lights in the cockpit of the Pheonix Interceptor.

Amidst the tranquil solitude of hyperspace, his mind had been wandering to times less complicated a time when his existence was defined by boundaries and expectations. The emergency system, activated by the imminent danger, hurled the ship out of the serene nothingness of hyperspace and into the unforgiving atmosphere of an unknown planet. his hand grabbed at the throttle to try and regain control of the ship as it sped quickly through the atmosphere.

In desperation, he reached for the switch to activate the air brakes, but their effort was futile. They clawed at the thick air before being ripped from the ship's hull, leaving it defenseless against the pull of gravity. His eyes, illuminated with a teal blue hue, sought guidance from the force. But instead of clarity, a debilitating darkness ensued. With a deafening crash, the Phoenix Interceptor collided with a mountain. A fireball of orange and red flames erupted, smoke billowing into the air as the ship spiraled uncontrollably down to the harsh terrain below. The violent rock of the collision smashed Laphisto's head against the windshield and dash of the starfighter. Rendering him unconscious

Laphisto awoke with a sharp hiss of pain, shaking his head lightly and giving a few blinks, his eyes darting around the cockpit, his arms thrown up in the air as if he was on a roller coaster. With a growl, he unstrapped his harness, his body crashing against the upturned roof of the cockpit., the fighter had overturned in its descent, leaving him upside down as he tried to pull himself free from the wreck. His armor - a testament to Lilaste Engineering- thankfully left him mostly unharmed

pulling himself from the wreck, he gave a small wince. The surrounding scenery bore silent witness to his survival. The eerie quiet was interrupted only by the distant echo of crackling flames, and the mountain stood tall, an unyielding sentinel amidst the wilderness. With a small sigh, he turned to teh fighter, using the force to push it upright so that he could rummage around its interior for the emergency crash kit.

"Log Nine. I have arrived at an old destination of mine...a very old one for that matter. At last, I may be able to explore this tombs wonders...to think, I waited for so long and now, it is back into my grasp! I just need to take a fe-"

As if fate had to intervene, the fireball debris at that moment from the mountain collided into the entrance of the tomb. The eyes going wide, as if annoyed by how fate decided to just block off the exit. Lifting the left hand to try and remove it, there was a short explosion as he was violently...if not harshly, thrown off the mountains side. With a loud cry, he turned to try and stop the fall, using all the powers in the Force he had learned before colliding into something with a harsh CRUNCH on top of something metallic.

The Rattataki would lay on top of the strange object, giving a loud groan as there was soft thumping on top of the structure. Tapping the side of his belt, there be a small crackle before recording a new bit of information.

"Log Ten...interfered with, tomb blocked. By...falling starfighter debris, think my ribs are cracked again. Feet feel fine....muscles feel slightly torn. Natural note...I hate this planet."

Tapping the side to turn it off, he would start to slide down from the starfighter just as something pushed it upright, flicking him upwards into the sky as if someone used a catapult. With an echo from the voice, it trailed off after a few seconds as he came face to face with an overlarge jungle tree.

"WHAT THE KRIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!"

THAWK! CLUNK....SFFFFFFT!

The Rattataki slammed directly into it, as if some horrible holo-movie that resembled a jungle man, arms and legs around it like a bad cartoon. Slowly, he started to slide down and then slowly peeled off, dropping to the ground with a soft PUFT. Laying there, the robed Rattataki merely looked up into the sky and made a small comment.

"Well...that was a first....urghhhhhhh."
Laphisto Laphisto

Taking a few deep breaths, Laphisto rolled his shoulders with a small wince, rubbing at his shoulder, rummaging through the wreck, and grabbing the emergency survival pack. He was still unaware of the individual he had unknowingly injured and disrupted in his initial crash. Pulling the emergency pack into his lap, he sat on the nose of the damaged fighter, taking out and considering what his pack had: emergency rations, a medical kit, flares, a star chart, and an emergency beacon. Perking his lone ear, he looked outwards around him. Their eyes flashed a soft blue as he peered into his surroundings, looking through the force.

Only while examining his surroundings did he happen upon the Rattataki male slumped over near a tree. with a raised brow, he pushed himself up from his seated position, grunting and wincing in slight pain before approaching the man. " are you alright there? I hope my landing didn't spoil you too much?" as he approached, he peered into the man through the force, pulling and tugging at their alignment

He half chuckled to himself, unsure if this individual was a native of whatever planet he was on or perhaps a traveler like himself who just happened to have been in the way of his crash. Either way, he felt it was only right to introduce himself and try to be friendly. And if worse came to worse, he would have no problem dispatching any hostilities Alastor Baxa Alastor Baxa

A new voice joined the area, someone a bit experienced. Very slowly, the Rattataki started to sit up as he winced a bit from his injuries...it was nothing new, but it felt insulting. Peering the pair of eyes towards Laphisto, he started to push himself off of the ground.

"Your landing? That was your starfighter? The one that blown into the ruins entrance...threw me off the mountain...and I assume, the thing that catapulted me into this kriffin tree! Oh yes, it did indeed spoil my day!"

Brushing off slowly the debris off of his outfit, he looked up at the mountain was a bit of a growl, making a small motion towards the half way point as he made it very apparent he did not get stranded here. This became with more exaggerated arm gestures, pointing now with both of them with a groan.

"And my starship, my beautiful newly modified ship, is near the halfway point! What a joke! I would literally use the Force but I am using it all right now not to fall over from shock and go unconscious!...oh and my name is Alastor, Alastor Baxa. Doctor, Explorer...to many titles, I just like Alastor."

Turning on that note, the frown became a short of a smile. The Force around this individual is...cloudy to say the least. There is no indication if he sways to the light side, nor the dark side very well. If anything, it feels conflicted though judging from his nature of not wanting to instantly kill the dragon like person, he was not Sith. The longer though he peered into the alignment, it shows a bit of light near the center of it. Starting to move a bit, he limped a little bit as it became a regular walk as he looked at the dragonic creature again as if something was tapping him on the forehead.

"Wait...we met before, I believe we have...where though, where have I seen that face...Laphisto ain't it?"
Laphisto Laphisto

"Well, more or less a landing. I say any crash you can walk away from in one piece is a successful landing in its own right." he gave a small chuckle, softly shaking his head, his ear perking as they began to go on about their star ship and then looking up at the mountain pass with a small frown. It would surely be quite the trek back to their ship. But the fact they had a ship was good news. It meant he wouldn't have to wait too long before getting off this rock. " if I may ask, what planet are we on? Is this ordo?"

Laphisto extended a hand towards the man, fully intending to help them to their feet and introduce himself, though stopping with a raised brow once they mentioned his name. This caused him to blink a few times in confusion. Had his reputation truly expanded as vastly as to have strangers know who he was? No, no, this individual mentioned they had met before. Maybe one of the many mercenaries the order had hired for their missions. Maybe they had seen him in the briefing for the conquest of Ropagi II. trying to save face at least a little bit, he cleared his throat. " my apologies, your name escapes me, but you look familiar. Were you a part of the battle for Rompagi II or the recent defense of M'heali? I had so many briefings as of late, and my poor eyesight makes it hard to keep track of people."

He frowned lightly. He hated forgetting the names of his employees, let alone the independent contractors who had helped the order in its early years. After all, the more guns in the arsenal, the better, and surely it would be insulting to have one's name forgotten; he just hoped the excuse of his poor vision helped. Even if he had just been flying a starfighter

Alastor Baxa Alastor Baxa

"Aye well while true, it still is dangerous to go press metal into stone or wood. You are on the planet of Garos IV, you are a bit southbound by a few systems which, judging by it needing to be the Ordo system, overshot or undershot it heavily."

Taking the hand when getting up, he started to walk a bit faster before starting to speak again, the voice having a tiny bit of grit but having the gentleman side to him. The gestures seemed...familiar, the accent was not though there was some kind of...similarity. Garos IV was an old world, it was no surprise as it had been documented well over twenty-five thousand years!

"Oh I am sure of it...I remember a corvette of some type...a Chiss fellow to. Though my memory is a bit foggy as of late, being a bit gone and then coming back is something I am not used to yet. New face, new eyes, new...mind to share. Maybe the other half knew you better, this half...he is a bit of a strange fellow. Cranky as all hell though the the mind, the Force that came with the knowledge, insanely durable in body."

"Oh wait! I remember! I was...red I think, had a cane...the name was...ohhh that is awful, being stabbed in the chest a decade and a half, I can't even remember my old name! What an awful thing...yes, up this way!"

The starship was slowly coming into view, it was an aged YT-1000 as it seemed to have better days. The paint was fading, the engines looked as if they were held together with duratape and the landing struts looked as if it had one to many rough landings. Even the turrets that should been on it, had been ripped up and placed back with some strange rustic like plating all over it! The only issue was, while it was in view...it was still very far away.

"I must say, what in the world were you flying to Ordo for in the first place?!"
Laphisto Laphisto

Laphisto gave a small chuckle shaking his head lightly. Squinting as he followed the Rattataki. he couldn't see the YT-1000, and even if he could, he had a feeling he wouldn't want to. when he heard what planet he was on, he frowned with a shake of his head. how did he end up so far off course? Well, the fact he was effectively blind and trying to fly a star ship had no part in this endeavor.

It took him a moment, but once the puzzle pieces started to fall together, Laphisto raised a brow, his head tilting to the side softly. The mention of being red, the cane, his old apprentice, and the Conquest's agenda lined up perfectly." the confessor," he said the name simply enough as if answering the man before him. he remembered the man mentioned being on his fifteenth life though he didn't quite understand it back then and even now he still didn't

" I had wondered where you went after the Dusate Pirates attacked the station. Through the chaos of it, we lost a lot of good folks. Granted, I am sad to hear you lost your life once again nonetheless, it's good to see you. Perhaps this life journey of yours is a cycle till you complete some long-forgotten mission?"

He slowly began to lose himself in his thoughts. Arms crossed over his chest as he followed Alastor Baxa Alastor Baxa , drifting occasionally before eventually correcting his path. when he heard the question of why he was going to ordo, he perked his lone ear softly. He thought for a moment before pulling his hand off his chin and gesturing to the wind " to visit an old friend of mine." that is if the grave site was even still there. who knows what could happen to a location after several thousand years?

"The Confessor...yes, that was my name! I must say, staying dead for a decade or two was indeed not something I planned on!"

There was a small smile as he listened over the attack on the station, giving a small nod as he explained himself a bit, walking up the rocks as he was careful on each step. The movements from Confessor to Alastor was similar, but the steps were more harsh, the stature of his arms were more rigid like an officers. Some things had changed though of what entirely is not shown, placing a hand on the stone wall beside him.

"But yes, that attack did rattle everyone...I was attempting to fix a lot of problems that sadly never had an end. A Sith came and stabbed me in the chest, I was unprepared...and the body was ailing. This one though, not so much...it is working, functioning, I don't think there is a life long mission this time for this one...he seemed content when he joined with my mind. He was so angry but...I calmed him and now, we are one. Alastor Baxa is the fully name...part of it mine, part of it his. I am still unsure...who or what he is but, he is knowledgeable."

There was a soft cracking noise as the YT-1000s ramp would start to come down on its own. A soft hiss as they were starting to get much closer towards it. Alastor would speak out again, the Force in the area near the starship was beyond wild...as if something had sparked it in entirety.

"I will take you Ordo safely, it will not take long for Soteria. Come aboard and make yourself at home. I may have learned a few new tricks...since we last met."

If he would board it, most people would notice on the first instance they had walked in, that the entrance was the size of the starship itself! To Laphisto, given the Force Vision, it would show the much wider area in full detail and be extremely detailed...as if the sight itself was given. The Force vibrated in this area, pulsed to life...it was enchanted, it was morphed in the Force! The starship on the inside was the size of a medium frigate, it was huge! Areas could be run through, kitchens, dining hall, lounges, there was much! Alastor would wait just in case at the entrance, answering any questions as his Force signature would match the entire starship, obviously the one who did it!

Laphisto Laphisto

The moment he saw the force signature within the ship, he chuckled with mild curiosity, his force sight down, grunting as he winced, grasping at the bridge of his nose and rubbing at his eyes as he stepped up onto the ship, chuckling softly to himself with a small nod " I thank you for your hospitality, I will have to return the favor some day " he looked around with a puzzled gaze, squinting as he did so to try and grow accustomed to the place he was standing in without the use of his force sight. Seeing the force attached to a starship, of all things, was puzzling. Looking around, he let his gaze settle on Alastor Baxa Alastor Baxa , arms crossing over his armored chest and giving a small nod their way.

" so tell me about your ship? And how it's connected to you through the force." at the very least, the status of the ship and catching up with the man under a new name would make for interesting conversation on their journey to Ordo. He waited for Alastor to head to the cockpit before following after them. Or, well, following after them no matter where they went first. After all, he didn't exactly know the layout of this place.

"Connected to the Force? My dear friend, it has been modified! With knowledge I had obtained, the thinking of many more...minds per say, I have enhanced her! I am sorry it is much harder to see for what you are, but the starship itself is now the Force! You may not realize it...but as we walk, we are going the distance of a small corvette up to the bridge!"

As Alastor rambled on, it was indeed as he said. The place was much larger on the inside than it was on the outside. It was outstanding it was even possible, much less able to be done in the Force at all! Getting towards the bridge, he flicked a few switches as the starship roared to life and whined a few times as it was powering online.

"There is ways to shape not only reality, but shift dimensions...I combined both to make this all possible! This starship can even travel faster than most others, through a form of...Plad so to speak, we will be in the Ordo system in less than ten minutes! Please, enjoy yourself, get a drink, do what you like! Just...don't make the ship mad, I am wondering if the Force can also cause...sentience."

It was a throwaway line but it seemed to be almost accurate. It does not feel right, as if some force from beyond was attempting to interact with them as the starship was slowly rising into the air on auto-pilot. Messing with a small control switch, he groaned a little as it sparked as he muttered about how she was being temperamental today.

"Annoying girl...I acquired the starship in a lot on Tatooine by chance...and when I realized I could manipulate the fabric of space over time...why, I used it to make a perfect home. Somewhere private and away from the galaxy...or at least, that was the plan!"
Laphisto Laphisto

moving through the ship, Laphisto gave a small chuckle to the man's words; he felt a small bit of familiarity, one he recognized from the confessor all those years ago, shaking his head gently at the mention of enhancing the ship. It was a strange notion for sure, but one that had piqued his curiosity

"I see; so you used the force and bonded with your ship then? To some degree, at least?"

As Laphisto walked along the ship's interior, he placed a hand against the wall to help guide him forward, his vision occasionally flashing that teal blue as he used the force to see and to ensure he didn't run into anything as he went. Once they made it to the bridge, his gaze rolled over the cockpit, taking in everything that he could

"make the ship mad? I can't say I have heard of the force giving sentience to machines, but then again I never expected the force to extend one's life like it had for you to some degree"

with a small chuckle, he shook his head, grabbing at the co-pilot's seat and, well, sitting down - or as best he could, considering his unique biology-

" well, it's a lovely ship, my old friend, and if you so desire, once we get back to Lilaste space, we could give her a makeover free of charge. add some new armor and weapons, even a coat of paint. and should you wish you may rejoin the order, granted its bigger than you left it"

Alastor Baxa Alastor Baxa

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom