Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Species Trouble...

I am (finally) ready to start making my first species... And i ran into a few problems/different ways to go about this.

*I am really looking for feedback that will help, not "Oh mer gerd that sucks so hard, you are the worst writer, don't even bother making that species." Because i might cry. Slender tears. And Slender tears are not pretty. So let's not be mean, ok? Remember, i am still a super noob, and might need a bit of holding hands while i learn more Star Wars stuff.*

Sooo anyway, i am looking to make a cold-loving based species. Actually, if any of yall have watched any X Men movies, read comics, or are super hero nerds... I. NEED. YOU. For some ideas or criticism on the way i am going to do this.

So, i am going to be making a Nightcrawler based species. If ya don't know who Nightcrawler is:

http://www.geekcrusade.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Nightcrawler.png

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/13600000/Nightcrawler-nightcrawler-13647670-366-461.jpg

I will be keeping pretty much every aspect of Nightcrawler in my species; fur, prehensile tail, pointed ears, three fingers, two toes, raised heels, and so on. However, since my species will be cold based, the fur will be thickened and softened, and eyesight and hearing will be sharper. Sturdiness will be reduced.

I have figured out most of the culture and other stuff needed to make my species, but i was torn after doing some research. I was originally going to have the species being native to Hoth, as it is a cold and desolate planet, and pretty much removed from any conflict going on in war terms. The species will be peaceful, so Hoth would be ideal. However, after doing some research on Wampas and the fact that they are semi-sentinent, along with extremely durable and potentially dangerous to my species, i am not sure anymore as to how well Hoth would work out. Also, i wanted there to be some degree of trading between planets so that my species could receive items like paper, etc. Unfortunately, i read that Wampas are protected because they are endangered, so things like their pelts, heads, bones, etc could not be used as trading materials. I was then messing around with the possibility that my species could breed Tauntauns out on large, wild plantations, which would be protected by my species (which they were already going to do,) and release the adolescents into the wild, therefore making prey easier to find for the Wampas and possibly lowering their hostility levels. I have not been able to come up with anything in terms of trading, though. Ideas are welcome, along with substitutions of needed items (example: instead of using wood for certain types of weapons, my species can learn how to cure Tauntaun or (dead) wampa bones instead)

My other possibility was having my species reside on Arkania instead, since that is a cold-based planet. It was a bit more preferable, since Arkania has diamonds that could be mined and used as a trading resource with other planets, or the Arkanians themselves. I also realized that my species would be sort of the opposite of Arkanians, as they are more peace-bound and not (very) vain. I thought this might be a better situation and more realistic.

Then i read more about Arkanians and saw that they were experts in genetic manipulation; i chuckled to myself for about three minutes. So apparently Nightcrawler was some-what of a genetic experiment depending on the version of comic you are reading or sources you have heard from. So what if my species was a genetic experiment created by the Arkanians? That would explain several things, including the love of frigid climates, willingness to help Arkanians and other off-world species, and the tolerance of their vain and arrogant neighbors.

So, what planet and/or scenario do you think would work better? I really like the idea of the species being a genetic experiment, but at the same time, i kind of wish that this species could be called an actual evolutionary species instead of a science experiment. I would rather my species be based on Hoth because of the colder temperatures and more every day danger and challenge to survive, however, i think my species would better be able to thrive on Arkania.

What do you guys think?

~Thanks
SilverSlender

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom