Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Space Stations

[1:33:31 AM] Ayden Cater:Do we keep them restricted to 2kms and the guide for loadouts based on their size
[1:33:38 AM] Ayden Cater: or do we open it up some?
[1:33:49 AM] Ayden Cater: Civilians can be larger, but get considerably fewer weapons?
[1:34:17 AM] Ayden Cater: Do military stations get some kind of bonus to their armament pool for not having to deal with those pesky things like engines and what not?

@[member="Alli Wren"]
@[member="Asemir Lor'kora"]
@[member="Kassandra Distorith"]
@[member="Sarge Potteiger"]
@[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]
@[member="Domino"]
@[member="Popo"]
@[member="Boolon Murr"]
@[member="Gerion Ardik"]
@[member="Valik"]

I have always thought that space stations should be treated differently than other space craft. I think we should come up with separate rules for them due to difference in design and focus.

Separate rules because space stations have unique needs, but the principle guidelines would be the same. The whole thing about a space station is that they are (mostly) stationary, so you're sacrificing speed and engine size to mount greater amounts of other things, such as weapons, armor, cargo space, etc. The only engines/drives would be station keeping drives.

You have. There's two up right now (from me and Domino) and there's been several more in the recent past. And I know I've made agreements to make several more in the future. So it seems kairotic to make a thread for it now. People in the past have asked about it, so it seemed like there was enough activity to warrant the topic.

Points for correct use of the word "kairotic."

I don't like the idea of adding another entire guide to the already-overcomplicated ship process. More rules would require another staff vote, which means me being told once again that there are too many numbers being flung around. If we could find a fix for it that doesn't rely on fundamentally rewriting the whole process, I'd be a very happy Satan.

Throw down a blank modifier for their weapon/hanger pools? Most stations tend to have a higher internal volume. Say... 50% to whatever pool they pull from based on size for military stations, while civilian stations can go twice the size but half the pool?

On average I'd say there's a station once every two weeks or so, and each time these questions get asked and they always make sense. I like what Ayden's saying and agree with it, especially when some stations just have to be plain large to deal with some ships. I'd still want to see a dev thread on anything over 1,000m, maybe 1,500m for the civilians since half the pool.

Figure out how you want to play this, and then send it across to Anna and myself - we can get it sorted.

For the record, I agree that we need something different in place for space stations.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
I'm kind of in favor of separate rules for space stations, but I can see where the opposing argument is coming from. More rules can complicate the whole process. That said, maybe add another class to the charts? Y'know, balanced, assault, support, and space station? 'Tis a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom