Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Space Cowboy

Jai walked into the dusty old cantina on the planet of Near Pando. Honestly too close to Mandalorians for his liking, but the bounty there was he reason for even showing up. Easy enough mark to get too. Always came to the same bar. Got drunk. Oh, and he had the temper of a Rancor. This would honestly be too easy for the credits he'd get. As the self proclaimed Dar'manda sat, he looked at the barkeep, taking a breath.

"A Corellian ale if you don't mind." As the drink was poured, he heard a voice behind him, and smiled under his face cover.

"Hey! That's my seat bud." "Jay" simply pretended to not hear him, enjoying his drink. The being didn't seem all that impressed though. "I said that's my seat."

"Didn't see a name on it." The man sneered before pulling out a blaster, only to have a revolver quickly pressed against his own head. "You know I'm starting to see why the bounty didn't have a difference between you being warm or cold." As the being looked, he could see Jai still held his drink in his right hand, and before Jai could say a word the target tried to grab his pistol. Big mistake. The bounty hunter's right hand quickly pulled out a second cartridge revolver, and a shot rang out in the bar as the target fell to the ground. The bounty hunter looked, holstering both pistols before taking his proof of death. He then eyed the barkeep, tossing him some credits before being nice enough to drag the bounty out of the place at least. Wasn't like he was making what he did a secret. It was bounty hunter business after all.

"Died as he lived," a feminine synth voice declared when Jai'galaar stepped out of the establishment with the corpse in hand.

Just to the side of the doorway stood a Mandalorian adorned in a fur cloak with large, black feathers around their shoulders that rustled slightly in the wind. Their visor faced forward out into the heart of the 'town' in which they stood. Slowly the stranger's helmet pivoted toward the Hunter before they added, "Meaninglessly."

Their gaze lingered a moment even as she kept their arms crossed over her breastplate. "The road is long, and at times curves back upon itself." No elaboration or context would follow. Their arms uncrossed and the stranger turned in place to face the seasoned hunter. "Make sure you don't travel it alone needlessly." With that, the figure went silent to see what reaction would result.

Tag: Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred

Jai was a bit startled by the voice, turning quickly and slightly moving for a weapon before seeing who was there. A Mandalorian in fur and feathers. She may've been a beastmaster or something, but he still relaxed a little, tapping his thigh to get he attention of his Strill, which had climbed up on top of the cantina to wait for its trainer. He listened to the Mandalorian, taking a breath as he spoke up.

"Not sure I'd say meaningless with the price on his head. Horrible at the very least." He would nod a little at the Mandalorian as they continued. Not sure quite how to take their comment.

"Sometimes it's better to not let others get hurt by what you do...."

Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida

"And sometimes it is you that gets hurt instead," the stranger replied calmly.

Slowly they reached down to their side to draw several small bones from a pouch, and then cast them into the air between them. The fragments of death hung there for several seconds in silence. Whether the man would have any comment about them or the act, the unnamed Mandalorian's visor was on them for that time. Then their hand swept through the web of bone and collected the pieces once more.

"Will fulfilling this task satisfy you? Or do you find solace knowing this 'horrible' soul no longer plagues others?" Runi was curious what kind of person Jai'galaar would describe himself as. Mercantile or altruistic? Or neither. It was easier to engage with someone when their motivation became clear.

Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred

Jai was a bit surprised as he watched the bones. Sometimes it's you who.... What was their point here? He continued to eye the bones until the Mandalorian collected them again. Were they like his former Alor? Force sensitive? And then a new question came up, one that made him pause. Basically what was this task for him? What did he see it as. He looked down, taking a breath before looking up at the sky. Did this Mando actually know who he was or something. He didn't trust them enough to uncover his face, but... he was willing to talk for now.

"Call it a way to make up for things I've done, while still being able to eat." He then gave the Mandalorian a look before speaking up again. "But tell me, Mando. Why are you so worried about some bounty hunter?"

"Pragmatic," Runi replied.

Their helm turned to face Jai, she answered the man's question as he had not objected to her own, "I am not worried about a bounty hunter. I do not haunt the steps of those consumed by greed, programming, or pride. My thoughts are with principled and disciplined men and women like yourself. Does this concern you?"

A brief pause followed before she extended her right hand out toward Jai. "I am Runi Kuryida." Their name meant Soul/Spirit Slayer in Mando'a.

Jai stared at the Mandalorian. He knew the thinking cause he had all those kind of questions when he decided to start hunting. Did it really concern him though?

"I guess not, no." He then looked as she extended her hand out, somewhat surprised as he took a slight move back before looking at the hand. He took a breath, shaking the hand as he calmed himself. He had hoped, surely in vane, that she hadn't noticed.

"Jay Galar." Jai knew what her name meant, but he still wasn't so willing to admit who he really was. At least not yet. He would look back at the target from earlier before looking at the Runi. He thought for a moment before finally speaking up again. "So why are you so interested in how bounty hunters think anyway?"

Runi's grasp of Jay's hand was firm, and their arm tensioned so neither pulled on the other. After a moment she would release the grasp with a slight nod, and without further comment on the matter.

"I already told you, Jay Galar, I am not interested in how Bounty Hunters think. I am interested in how you think," the tribal-adorned Mandalorian replied calmly. "I sense more than one fire in your soul. One drives you forward. The other will destroy you. If you wish, I will help you; but I cannot give you what you will not give yourself."

A hand gestured away from the last venue Jay just exited. "We can find somewhere to sit, drink, and talk if you are interested."

Jai looked at the Mandalorian. Did she...? How did she seem to know something was going on with him? He looked down a bit, quickly tapping the comm unit on his arm. EW-031 EW-031 wasn't going to be.... Who was he kidding. She'd be fine. He quickly tapped it, speaking up a little.

"Gonna be a bit late EW."

"Oh? Ok. I'll just run some recalibrations, and make sure the weapon systems are good, and run some self diagno...."

"Just don't blow up ship...." He would then look at Runi, nodding a little and starting to follow. He still wasn't sure about this, but maybe this would go well. Who know, might even be a good thing.

"I'll take you up on that offer. Already sent the proof in for his reward anyway. Just didn't want to make the barkeep deal with it."

"Good." Runi lifted her arm and pressed a button on her gauntlet. A droid rolled up to the pair with a flat bed behind it. "If you wish it will deliver it to your ship, wait until we are finished, or dispose of it." Since Jay admitted the corpse was of no actual value, Runi felt the offer would be acceptable. If it had been worth something there'd be a natural hesitation in placing it in the possession of something a stranger controlled.

With that dispatched, the Mandalorian in furs and feathers turned to lead the way toward another humble abode with drink. "Why did you not leave the bartender to clean up the mess?" Runi asked as they walked. There were a number of reasons and various motivations behind each. "You could have left it and credits for the trouble." Not that she favored that necessarily, but it was often the first choice among many.

Jai nodded at the droid, quickly grabbing to body to throw it on the droids flatbed. "Do whatever you want with him," he quickly said before he started to follow Runi. Then she asked him another question. Why didn't he just leave that body? No reason for him to normally. He looked down, speaking a bit quietly.

"I know, but it also wasn't his problem. Want to clean up my own mess at least."

"Diligent," Runi replied. "You are aware of your surroundings and the impact of your actions on them."

As they walked, she turned to look over at Jay. "The tone of your voice, however, speaks of the motive behind your actions. Is this something a soul should bare on its own?" Runi had a sixth sense when it came to wounded people, then it was just a matter of getting them to admit it even if they did so unconsciously. Hopefully she could help Jay overcome what plagued him.

Jai looked at Runi as they walked, and as she noted what she sensed about him. That there was something motivating him, and asking if he should have to bear it on his own. He looked down, not sure how to respond. He could be honest, but that would mean she'd know what he was. He wasn't sure he could really say yet. Finally he spoke up, though he was hesitant.

"Like I said.... I'm trying to make up for things I did before. What those things are.... I'm, not sure I can really say...."

"We all make mistakes," Runi replied, but with the slight inflection at the end of reflection or sadness.

She descended a few steps and passed through the open doorway to another establishment. The interior was decently lit by light through a panoramic window, there were a few open tables and a clean bar off to the side. Runi navigated through the establishment to a table at the back.

"Are they so unforgivable?" she continued after a seat was claimed.

Jai would follow along pretty quietly while he listened, taking a seat as Runi finished her point. Are they so unforgivable. That was the question she gave him. He looked down, some memories flashing by as he closed his eyes. What he had done while he was fighting on Concord Dawn. Are they so unforgivable?

“I guess it depends on what you think is unforgivable.”

"Refusing to do better." Runi lay her hands down atop the table as she stared across at Jay. "Refusing to be better. What do you think is unforgivable?" There was something on the man's mind. Something he didn't wish to admit or discuss aloud just yet, but it would be difficult to move forward if he ignored it.

Jai looked down a little, closing his eyes. He couldn't help his mind flashing back to Concord Dawn again. He then looked at Runi, seeming somber as he finally got the words out. "I've done thing fighting Sith. Things that.... There was no way we could really wing, but...." He stopped, shutting his eyes again as he finally managed to say it. "I was not better than they were... and I never even let the other know...."

Runi nodded after Jai managed to force the words through his lips. "In the end, we weigh our own hearts in the presence of the Manda. You feel you have strayed from your Path, but you are not dead yet, Jay. There is still time to find it once more." As Shaman it was her responsibility to seek out men like Jay and to be a Light in the tempest that was Life. It was pleasing that the man had come forth which his burden even if he had not yet described what made him feel his soul so heavily weighed down. The first step toward finding one's Path was recognizing they were lost.

Jai would give Runi a solemn look as he listened to her words. It was clear he at least wanted to believe them, but at the same time he wasn't sure he fully did. He looked down, not sure how to respond. Taking a slow breath, he finally spoke.

"I still see them.... Hear the battles... see the faces.... The things the Sith unleashed, and the ones I...." He stopped. Clearly still not comfortable with saying exactly what he did. But is was becoming a bit clearer just how much was happened effected him. "You know... you're only the second person to figure out who I use to be, at least to an extent."

Runi's hands slowly rose to the sides of her helmet to lift it from her head. As it was pulled free, shoulder-length dark brown straight hair fanned about her cheeks and hazel eyes opened to regard the man that sat before her. The helmet was calmly placed off to one side atop the table. "When you learn how to see the world within the world for what it is, many things become clear. I do not see your armor or your body, but your soul; and as a Shaman it is my privilege to help souls walk their Path."

"Along your Path you may find the Past is not so quickly left behind, and yet your feet have carried you far. The wounds inflicted on our soul are slow to heal if not surrounded by those that would be a Light along your journey. Do you speak to others of your trials, Jay? Even those that do not know you?" From what she'd heard so far the answer was apparent, but confession was good for the soul. It might not magically heal the pain and anguish, but could bring about opportunities for healing or improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom