Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Space Anomaly

Space Anomaly
star_wars_high_republic_space_station.jpg

Space was something of a comfort for Mi'la. In some ways, she found it a bit nice to be able to just drift in space, and not have to be concerned. There was no real limits in space. For a former slave, it was a new sort of freedom. At least, it had been for her at one point in her life. She truthfully got carried away at times, flying about as if she was in her own world, it was a sense of peace she only felt in the most deep intimate moments of her meditations.

But that wasn't why she was here. No, the reason for that was all the more exciting to think about. There were reports of a lost space station here in space, an obstruction that had been flagged by some hyperspace route inspector, and while it posed no threat to passer bys, there was a great deal of mystery for what this odd structure was. Mi'la toggled the sensor arrays on her N-Wing, humming in glee as she awaited the reports, hailing her companion as she was all to eager to see if they had found anything in the process.

She only hoped her nature in the force wasn't unnerving. To some, they treated her like she needed to be handled with a containment suit on, others like she was a monster, and some acted as if nothing was wrong. She was an oddity in the Force ever since she had been tortured on Vjun, and while she had made great strides in healing, her connection had always been...strained, wounded. It was like learning a new language some days, the connection while there, always felt...odd when she deployed it. Regardless, she would over come it, one way or another. "I've not picked up anything yet, how about you?"

Hopefully Alana was having decent luck.

Alana Sunrider Alana Sunrider

Mi'la Undari Mi'la Undari

Alana leaned back in the pilot's seat of the freighter, watching the clouds of hyperspace shift to streaks, and then slowly dots as the small freighter reverted back to realspace. Her scanners probed out into the void surrounding them. The Deep Core. That was where this had taken them, searching for this anomaly, and the legends of an ancient Jedi space station. It made both her salvage instincts and her history instincts crackle with energy.

The comm crackled and she paused, listening, before pushing the reply button. "Negative, nothing yet." She swung her chair around and recalibrated the senors. "Did the initial report give a category for material type or size?"

There Deep Core was a disaster when it came to navigation and scanners. Hyperroutes twisted around each other like sensors and anomalies plagued the spacelanes, constantly shifting as the galaxy orbited around its heart. She was not a naturally-gifted pilot, per se, so this was more than a bit of a challenge. "I'm getting lots of pings, but nothing definite."

Space Anomaly

Tags: Alana Sunrider Alana Sunrider

The news wasn't great, but they had just started searching. As Alana inquired for additional information, Mi'la began to scroll through the description of the item, and looked over the details of composition. Fining several specifics, she began fiddling with her sensor settings, wondering why in the world these compositions were in space. "According to this, it's mentioning Zircon crystals, which is weird because those are found within the crust of a planet, but...there's alot of natural elements they describe in this, almost like it was some sort of eco park. Weird." She mused to herself, dialing in the information. "It's large too by the description, about on par with a space station. I can't imagine this is some sort of planetary debris, there hasn't been a major battle in this area for...well scratch that, everyone starts fighting at random it seems." Finishing up the calibration, she began to send out more pings, and waited for several long seconds for it to return.

It did indeed return, a near identical match several mico-secs away, but it was there. "Hey, I got something, this link up to what you're getting?" She compressed the data, and passed it along to Alana's freighter, knowing her ship sensors would have been better equipped for this operation. She turned her ship towards the direction of the anamoly, and awaited Alana's answer.

Zircon crystals? In a hyperspace anomaly? In something roughly station-sized, along with natural systems? That was odd. Alana frowned and leaned back in the chair, tapping a small rhythm on the armrest.

She leaned forward again as the data package rolled in through the comms and she shifted to one of the display screens. Alana considered, checking her own scans and running a cross-calibration between the two.

"I think you're right on it," Alana agreed, adjusting the course heading towards the sensor readings. "Want to scope it out first?"

The fighter was faster than her, as well as more maneuverable. Not as good with sensors, but better for evading challenges in case something happened. She didn't know what to expect, but this was the Deep Core.

Anything could happen in the Deep Core. People said that about the Outer Rim, but it was nowhere near as weird as the Deep Core. Physics simply did not seem to apply as much in this part of the galaxy. Perhaps it was the gravity. Perhaps it was the hyperspace snarls. She had no idea.

It could be a microplanet they were about to run into, for all she knew.

Space Anomaly

Mi'la awaited Alana as she did a bit of mental math to her target. though she found she didn't have to wait long. Hearing Alana's voice respond that she was on the right path, Mi'la began to work her sub-light drive, easing up on the throttle, as she began to accelerate towards the object she had detected. Hopefully, she this wouldn't bite her in the rear like it had in the past, and applying more thrust into her engines, she zipped off into the black void of space. "On it, though I'm frankly stumped about this whole thing. How the heck does something like this end up in space?" She asked into the comm, trying to keep her head on a swivel, her sensors primed to detect when the item would be coming into view. Hopefully this wasn't another 'Sith base' with star-fighters all crawling over it.

She didn't have to wait long until it came into view, as a large structure, cylinder shaped, with a large pointed top to it lingered in the distance, slowly spinning, held trapped by the lack of gravity, as it tumbled slowly in space. Mi'la paused for a moment, slowing her ship as she neared it, flipping her sensors to try and access what the hell she was looking at. "Hey, Alana, I got something here. Just looking at the reports and-" She paused, blinking as she watched the data stream back to her. This...was a space station? It had atmosphere, life support, facilities, but it was in bad shape. How in the hell did this thing end up out here? How long had it been sitting here? "This is a space station...it's a still operating space station." She looked at life sign readings, and got back an inconclusive result. Possible there was just a bunch of rodents on board, but was it possible there were still survivors?

Now waiting for Alana, Mi'la moved her craft forward, keeping a distance as she tried to see if any defenses were active, and found none. Though, she did manage to find what seemed to be hanger in the middle of the station that was still accepting requests. Regardless, she wasn't about to just land without her back up. "Looks like we can land here from what my readings are showing, no defenses yet, so least we don't have to worry about being blown up out here." As she circled in her N-Wing however, she still felt that something was amiss. She just didn't know what that might be.

That was a good question. How did something end up in space like this, and so far out? As the data and the updates streamed in, Alana leaned forward and squinted through the viewport. She pushed herself backwards with a shake of her head.

That was dumb. She couldn't see the station from here, even if with electrobinocs.

"Space station..." She mused slowly into the comms, nudging the throttle forward. The freighter sped forward into the dark before she kept going. "Life signs, atmo, everything? And a hangar?"

That caught her attention. It could be incredibly useful. Or, it could be worth hundreds of thousands of credits of salvage. She shook her head. No, she was a Jedi now. Not a salvager. But still, old habits died hard.

"Can you recognize any of the sigils on the hull? Or anything in the design?"

Who would have giant space stations, still functioning, this deep in the Core? She couldn't think of anyone, certainly not in any of the histories she knew.

"I'll be there in five."

Space Anomaly

Hearing Alana’s reply, Mi’la double checked what she was seeing and found she was correct. “Confirmed, atmo, hangers, and life signs are confirmed. It’s like someone just built it and left it.” Making a slow pass at the station, Mi’la tried to find a symbol of something, anything, that could hint to its identity.

She found nothing at first, but learned of several turbo laser blasts that had darkened the hold. As she moved closer, she could finally make out a symbol, and was stumped as she did so. “It….looks like an old Jedi station I think? It’s got light damage on the sides, turbo laser maybe. Sending some images back your way.” Mi’la announced. Turning her sensor towards the station she began to transmit the images she had out before her back to Alana.

Now she really wanted to jump on board this thing.

"Turbolasers? On a Jedi station?" Alana spoke absent-mindedly, pushing the throttle against the stops. She felt the slight pressure increase against the captain's chair before the inertial dampeners kicked in. "That's bizarre."

Why was there a Jedi station here? With turbolaser damage? The station grew quickly on her scanner and she began to make out the thrust from Mi'la's vessel, and the outline of the station.

"If you think it's clear, I think we'll be fine to land." She unclasped the safety harness and grabbed her gauntlet pad, sliding it over her one wrist. "I'll be in right behind."

It would take her a bit longer to maneuver into the hangar, unless the station's auto-landing were in effect, which wasn't something she was willing to gamble on.

She cut back on the acceleration and let the zero-g's lead her towards the station, with just small adjustments to maneuver her trajectory into the hangar.

Space Anomaly

Mi'la could hear the woman loud and clear, as she made a pass around the station, before deciding she was going to go ahead and land. "You're telling me, this whole station is just adrift. Wonder what the logs will show." She responded, as she keyed in the frequency, watching as the hanger door responded to the signal. The hanger appeared to be in disarray, crates, fuel canisters, and ship parts were shattered about, their cases seemingly having broken open. It was like some sort of accident happened here. Setting her fighter down, she moved it as far to the side as she could, careful to not scrap her wings on the hanger in the process. "Careful, there's junk all over the place in here. It's like it got shaken apart or something." She comm'd the woman, as she began to remove her gear, checking the atmosphere one more time before she propped open the cockpit.

She sat in the open space, waiting for Alana to squeeze in, eager to get their adventure under way.

This place looked rather clean as she looked about, aside from the random parts scattered about, she couldn't figure out what the heck was going on.

"The logs should be interesting," Alana agreed. "Assuming the data is not corrupted. We can fiddle with it though to see what we can piece together." She let the ship coast in towards the hangar. The small fighter, she could just she in the center of the hangar.

Sensor pings indicated her scanners were picking up the debris in the hangar. "The idea of a space station shaking itself to pieces concerns me though. Are you getting any energy spikes? Or structural weaknesses?"

She deactivated the autopilot and feathered the controls as the small freighter lined up for the entrance to the hangar. It was going to be a challenge. She moved forward and let the repulsors kick in to hover above the hangar floor, its pulses forcing the smaller debris away from the landing space.

The ship dropped down onto its landing gear, rocking slowly on its suspension as the engine cooled down and whined down. She buckled on her lightsaber, secured her gauntlet, grabbed an oxygen mask, just in case, and strode down the boarding ramp to the main hangar deck.

"This should be something," Alana said, nodding to the other Jedi in the fighter. Alana hooked the mask on her belt and cracked her knuckles. "You know how much this would be worth on a salvage market?"

Space Anomaly

Mi'la elected to stay within her ship, waiting for Alana to come in and land. Hearing the woman question what was going on with the station's structure, Mi'la checked her systems as well. "Far as I can tell, everything is stable. Though I think if we can directly plug into the computer we might be able to find a more comforting answer." Watching as the freighter come in, Mi'la began to equip herself, ensuring she had all the needed gear before leaving her ship. Strapping on her own oxygen mask, Mi'la's sabers were secured to her hips as she propped open her canopy, and leapt out, happy to find her companion was able to land without issue.

Meeting the woman half way, Mi'la smiled as she fished out the datapad attached to her hip, a bit too aware of how much this would be worth to a scrap yard. "Good luck finding someone with the pockets to pay you for it." She jested, motioning about the hanger, then to her fellow knight. "Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be a bust. It's rather exciting to think about what might be here." That was only part of the ordeal that awaited the pair, as Mi'la would begin to look about trying to find an outlet for her data pad.

If Alana attempted to open the doors of the hanger, she would find that the doors seemed to have been welded together. Mi'la for her part, find that every plug she attempted to access had no connection to the rest of the station. How strange. "I can't seem to get access to anything here. I'd think that maybe the computer is offline, but then most the other systems wouldn't be running either..." She mused to herself, unable to think how to handle moving forward now.

Last edited:

"A single person? For an intact station?" Alana shook her head, assessing the hangar walls and the debris on the deck. "I'd break it apart. Sell it for materials and scrap metal, plus individual pieces. They won't corrode in a vacuum, so they should be in decent shape." She moved slowly deeper into the hangar, picking her way across towards the terminals.

"Hopefully the structure is sound," she agreed, but then paused, glancing back. "Makes sense for the computer to be offline, but makes me wonder how the systems are still operational."

She peered over at the door next to the terminal. Characteristic burn marks indicated where the door had been melted shut. That too was concerning. Who had sealed it and why? Had they sealed it against the hangar? Or sealed something inside the station. Both options concerned her.

"Let me see what sort of power I can get from the wires," she said after a moment, popping the computer panel open and shining a small light into the wiring beneath. "Some corrosion, but not bad. Circuit integrity is probably functional."

She pulled a small device from her utility belt and ran it along the wiring in sweeps, before adjusting to follow the wires. "We've got a little bit of power running through here. Can't tell what it's maintaining though." Alana tossed a glance over her shoulder to study the hangar. "Think you can find a way to manually disable non-essential functions?"

Space Anomaly

The fact that Alana seemed to have this all worked out in her head was amusing, as the Twi'lek merely went to work. "Guessing you've done this before then? You sound like a professional." She snickered, before hitting a dead end with her bit of fiddling around.

There were indeed several things about this situation that didn't mean sense. Stepping away as Alana moved to fiddle with the wiring, the Twi'lek looked about for something to work with, Mi'la moved to a power conduit at Alana's suggestion, trying to recall how nonessential functions were marked with these things. "Yea, think I can work it out, let me just..." She opened up the panel, trying to find indications of what she was about to uncouple, and after finding a few familiar looking markers, she began to unplug them. The first pair she pulled, cut out all of the lights in the hanger, putting the two in darkness for a moment, before emergency lighting came back on, making Mi'la ponder once more how the computer was detecting these outages if it was down. "Well, that's one system...." She muttered, as she disable several other connections labeled as 'nonessential', unsure how it was going to help Alana's progress, but there she was.

"I grew up scavenging parts from shipwrecks," Alana said, watching the information creep through the readout on her gauntlet. The lights died, followed by emergency lighting. She paused back and looked up, studying the top of the hangar.

Someone had cut away some part of the system from the rest, but she couldn't guess why. A few other non-essential systems were marked as removed.

"So that is interesting," Alana said, looking through the emergency light and sliding a headlamp over her head. Its light flared to life, giving her some light. "Ever lightsabered through a door?"

Space Anomaly

"Well, that explains a few things actually. Nice to have someone with technical skills around." Mi'la had certainly tried her best, and seemingly failed. Regardless, she finished her task and looked to Alana, who seemed none to pleased about the situation. She moved back to her fellow knight, following her movements, an amused grin on her features as she reached for her saber. It seemed they would need to do things the hard way.

"I mean, a few times. When I was a padawan I got locked out alot." She prefered not to think about that, but it was true. She had been a klutz as a padawan. Igniting her lightsaber, she held it out, waiting for Alana to give her the go ahead, before getting to work on cutting into the large hanger door; which was probably going to take a while.

Alana paused and stared at her. "You used your lightsaber... as a padawan...when you locked yourself out." Her eyebrows furrowed in thought before she laugh and shook her head slowly. "Jedi kids are weird."

She moved away from the door as Mi'la prepared her lightsaber, watching the datastreams and lowering a pair of visors over her eyes to protect against the flare of the lightsaber blade and the molten metal of the hangar door.

"Good progress so far," Alana said, "No indications yet of anything catastrophic."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom