Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Space Anomalies (Wormholes?)

Now I know that hypergates are banned and what not (and for good reason), but I was wondering if natural anomalies that connect two portions of space together like a wormhole are allowable?

There are already rifts that connect to the Netherworld, and places that change how things normally work (The Bubble of the Lost, the Kathol Rift, etc.), so now I am asking for what the consensus is on if a natural wormhole would be approved in the Codex? And if yes, what limitations would need to be placed on it to guard against abuse?

This is an interesting suggestion, however, a wormhole would have the very same or similar functionality to a Hyper Gate. This is not something the Codex can approve at this time. It is a Force Power that others have used in the past but as far as codifying one? That's beyond the scope of what can be currently submitted. For the Codex the closest thing I could suggest would be the creation of a Hyperlane.

There's also documentation on the Wookie that when a wormhole was created via technology it was considered a gravitational superweapon. It also states that all information on the weapon itself was lost. Runi Verin Runi Verin can weigh in more on the Factory standpoint, however, under Role Play Rules we always have to remain mindful of Rule #7:

81e0eac4f1068be98b622f6642d61fb4.png

Srina Talon Srina Talon thank you for your swift answer! I understand the rationale of avoiding superweapon uses due to the implications of technologically generated wormholes, and I also understand that allowing even a natural wormhole would just be a Hypergate for all intents and purposes, which is of course not allowed.

Would you remind me if Netherworld Rifts (in the location sub-template) are still allowed? I don't remember if that was a one-time event, and we still have access to the template, or if that template is still intended to be usable?

If it is intended to be usable, you will find that there is a slight issue with it: if someone were determined enough, they could create a "faux-wormhole" by subbing two Netherworld Rifts that open up to the same location from two different worlds. If the intention is to avoid interactions like that, you may need to take a look into rectifying it either in the template or simply have a list of approved Rifts and disallowing any two Rifts from entering the same place from different locations.

If you don't see any issues with such an interaction... then, great? With your permission, I would attempt to pursue such a venture haha.

Would a wormhole not be considered a superweapon only because it would allow large amounts of forces to directly traverse large regions of space to a specific location (in the manner of teleportation) in the same vein that hypergates are considered superweapons (and so are banned)? (on an unrelated note, we have approved those forms of technology on the site even when it went to the admin level.)

So, in keeping with this loose idea in mind, wouldn't something unable to carry more than an individual (or similarly reasonable number) and temporary or unreliably useful be more open to approval? (From a codex standpoint, at any rate)

I would like to think there'd be some way to lower the perceived theoretical benefits of what is more or less teleportation in the codex and factory in a way that would render them capable of being approved while still staying true to the idea of star wars and its numerous instances of accidental instantaneous (or fast) transportation across the stars or space.

Srina Talon Srina Talon

Would a wormhole not be considered a superweapon only because it would allow large amounts of forces to directly traverse large regions of space to a specific location (in the manner of teleportation) in the same vein that hypergates are considered superweapons (and so are banned)?

giphy.gif

Zambrano the Starweird Zambrano the Starweird

Netherworld rifts were restricted after the site event but that ban was lifted circa the second codex netherworld contest. You may submit rifts to your heart's content now and there has even been discussion of an eventual netherworld map for the site adding contest winners to the original regions although obviously that has been a much lower priority than the site upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom