Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soul of the Tempest [Silver Jedi/Open]

How long had it been? To one so adrift in time, tempered by the passage of years made commonplace by their own genetics, the concept was in constant flux.

For while one could dismiss its passage as menial, it remained ever present.

---

Stepping out from beneath the structure she'd been standing beneath, the brunette blinked to compensate for the dim lighting. It was a phenomenon she'd have attributed to casual memory were it not for the span of trees as far as the eye could see. Kashyyyk was a strange world, fraught with mystery, but it was there that she had found what remained of the Silver Jedi Order.

A flutter of her eyelids once more, the low light finally becoming tolerable, and the young woman took the first few steps beyond into the darkness beyond her lantern. She could not explain why she chose to make her home so deep in the bowels of the planet's forest. Comfort wrapped her and she had become familiar with the dwellers of that depth. Far from he prying eyes of the canopy, she felt safest.

---
It took her roughly an hour to coax the wookiee to bring her back to the canopy. Her choice had been considered unorthodox, given their culture, but ultimately they refrained from questioning it beyond the shadows of doubt. It was only as she returned to the surface cities that the wookiees gave audience to her peculiarity. Taking into account their feelings, she kept her voice low and actions minimal.

Save for the one friend she had made among their people. A young wookiee Rhookwol, an inquisitive youth by their standards but a welcome social acquaintance.

"Ever ready to greet me, aren't you, little one?" The woman breathed in response to a series of growls and rumbles as she brushed her fingers along the young wookiee's arm. "Unfortunately, I've no stories to tell you today. But I'm sure you've stories you wish to tell me."

Her tone was calm, her expression placid, but there was no disbelief or confusion in the wookiee's expression. Almost immediately, upon the prompting, did the wookiee begin to chortle, rumble and growl out a story in his way; an action that elicited the smallest of smiles from the brunette. Perhaps were someone to come upon them she would find a change of pace in her traditional routine, but Rhook would entertain her until then.

Twin hearts pumped blood through burning muscles as the dark-skinned Zabrak sprinted through the worshyr forest. She hadn't visited the Wookiees in several weeks, nor had she been on such a long run and her body was reminding her just why that was, but a Jedi could overcome discomfort through the Force. This was central to her identity, probably in no small part because of her predatory bloodline. At least the young woman's violet eyes were serving her well in the low light. Eventually she found the village, but at this hour hardly anyone seemed active. Zavii slowed and stopped to simply breathe and wipe the sweat from her face. Listening to the forest, she heard a Wookee voice, what sounded like a youngling, and headed that way. Too tired now to bother with her usual stealth-attack games, she walked until she found the youngling in question speaking to what looked like a very tall Human woman.

"Hello," she chimed, having mostly caught her breath. "What's your name?"

It was without struggle that the approaching presence drew her attention. Every inch of her body responded in kind, her attention flexibly upon the wookiee even as her head turned to eye the approaching being. One heart palpitated to the rhythm of her reaction, the other compensating as she drew in a slow breath and acknowledged the new presence. It was this response, however, that remained masked by the exterior placidness of her expression and composure. Whoever this new comer was, she was wary as to whether they would understand her.

---
Contrary to the ideas and beliefs of others, it had not been her prowess in the Force that had drawn the young woman to the Silver Jedi. Even as she settled into the planet's bowels, keeping a carefully planned distance from their central hub, she could feel how each of the Silver Jedi she'd crossed brushed against the Force in it's rawest form.

When the zabrak approached it wasn't her essence that piqued the brunette's curiosity. Rather it was her appearance, the unfamiliarity of her form, as an alien she'd never experienced. For the most slight of moments, quiet happenstance in proximity, the brunette stood quietly as she examined the female before her. The horns, her hair and particularly her eyes, eyes that brought about a small flare of vibrance to her own green orbs in fancied curiosity.

"Hello," her voice whispered at first, rising in tone as her body accommodated to the flavor of the other's presence. Silence overtook her once more but her word continued to hang in the air; until she realized she'd been staring. "I could ask you the same, but I presume as I am the stranger I should introduce myself first."

Briefly disturbed by the disappointed rumblings of the wookiee youngling behind her, the brunette shifted her posture to fully face the woman who'd approached.

"I am I'vya Initrios," she breathed as she continued to speak with the same placidness to her expression and monotone calmness to her voice. Perhaps she had been pleased to make an acquaintance, but it was as she came upon that revelation that she remembered the maintenance of her composure. Instead she reserved her pleasure or frustrations in exchange for the patience to expect the woman's response. "And you are?"

She hadn't noticed it in immediate physical response, but as she spoke the young wookiee quietly huddled up to her side upon the other woman's approach. An involuntary stranger response, perhaps?

[member="Zavii"]

The woman stood silently for a long moment before speaking in such a voice that seemed to hang in the air for several seconds after the words left her lips. Zavii found the sight of this stranger captivating alone; but her aura was nothing short of an enigma. She sensed violence, fear and fury in the woman, but also a strength of will and tapestry of experience, all woven into a deafening symphony the likes of which Zavii had never heard inside of one person.

"I'vya," she repeated, having stared almost as hard as the stranger was at her. "I'm Zavii, of the Silver Jedi." She watched the little Wookee shuffle closer to the taller woman and spoke again. "I've never heard a song like yours before... so powerful and so... diverse. Who exactly are you?" Her head cocked to one side an she crossed her arms, marveling at this mysterious being.

@I'vya Initrios

A song. It was a peculiar yet intriguing address to an analysis. Even as the woman spoke, and the wookiee huddled close to her legs, the brunette eyed her with glistening green eyes. Was this the impression of all of the Silver Jedi, she wondered as she tilted her head and scanned the other woman's form. Ultimately settling on the possibility that this was merely an expression of one individual's curiosity to another's perplexing existence, the brunette noted her crossed arms and flicked her brows momentarily in momentary flared interest.

"Zavii," she mused to herself as she contemplated the value and origin of the name. What she'd gained: That this individual was a member of the Silver Jedi Order. Yet, questions still continued to fill the young woman's mind. Questions that crashed against the restraints of her mind, water crashing against the tide wall of an crystalline ebony shore. "I fear we do not have the time necessary to answer that question."

She couldn't refrain a glance to the wookiee behind her as she answered the question, denoting the time she had reserved in her day for the young wook. Only as she brought her eyes back to the woman across from her did she acknowledge the truthful answer to her inquired response: Few would understand, fewer would relate. It was unlike her to, however, leave another completely hanging as she had the young zabrak. Rolling her head around a bit, drawing in a breath, she settled her gaze and spoke.

"I will, however, say that I have had a great deal of time to understand," she breathed with minimal concern or consideration for the confusion she might illicit in her audience. Even as she spoke the first few words the young wookiee behind her expressed it's immediate bewilderment in a series of complex rumbles and howls. Perhaps through this encounter she believed she could find way to one more capable of understanding, but as she stretched out her probing senses, she could feel there was a room for depth of growth.

Bristling her body with openness to the Force, the brunette drew in a breath and waited for the response that would come. It was natural to spur confusion in those less experienced.

No matter how painful.

"I've never heard a song like yours before... so powerful and so... diverse."

That statement was an odd one and was what brought him closer to the three. He was, of course, close enough to hear what had been happening and there had been no singing. Just a Wookiee speaking to someone, hardly what most considered singing. If there had been the question would not have attracted his attention...it would not have been odd.

Like many of the other Silver Jedi, Audren found the forest world intriguing. Strong in the Force, with Light and Dark areas. Trees as tall as Coruscanti skyscrapers but with tangled undergrowth. Predators to match the size of everything else around the place, and of course the Wookiees. When he was on the planet he always made time for at least one run, which was why he was here in this village. Stopping in the middle of nowhere could end up being a death trap, and he was thirsty.

The Sephi had very little on him that marked him as a Jedi. It essentially came down to just his lightsaber, which was itself almost completely concealed in its holster. He hardly wanted it flapping around while running through the obstacle course that was the untamed forest. He wore no Jedi robes or armor, even the workout clothing he wore was bereft the sigil of the Jedi. He had his own, they weren't borrowed or supplied by the organization. Long blond hair was pulled back and kept out of his eyes, revealing the pointed ears so characteristic of his species.

The one who had asked the unusual question was a female Zabrak, a member of the Order that he recognized from the welcome party that Valae had hosted. The other was a tall female who appeared to be human. Her answer to the question, and the follow-up she provided, were both rather cryptic, so much so that he shifted his active attention to include his Force senses. What he sensed there...she carried the Force with her. She was also older than she appeared. The phenomenon was nothing new to him, as both Sephi and Aelvar lived longer than humans and maintained their apparent youthfulness...but she didn't have the pointed ears innate to either species.

"Creative way of saying it. Yet do you understand it?"

He left the it open to interpretation. She carried the Force, she had the age, she was reticent about her species. Let her choose what - and how - to answer.

[member="I'vya Initrios"] | [member=Zavii]​

So this stranger's story was long, as she had suspected. The young Wookee said something, but Zavii couldn't understand. She had tried ever since she learned that the Order was moving to Kashyyyk, but for some reason she seemed incapable of understanding their impossibly nuanced speech. After each had paid a glance to the youngling, their eyes locked again; green and purple like the ghost of a bright light stuck in one's vision. What was really interesting, though, was what the older woman said next.

"A great deal of time, huh?" she let a smile creep onto one corner of her mouth. She was about to start making guesses as to what abnormally long-lived species this I'vya was from, when a man appeared and asked a much better question. Zavii didn't know what it was he thought that I'vya might understand, so she resolved to wait and see how this played out.

@I'vya Initrios

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom