Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soul as Clear as Crystal (Caz Australis)

Myrkr expanded before the Mand’alor’s fleet. Yasha swept from the command deck on the last of her rounds, retreating deep through the Infernal Star Carrier to her private shuttle.

The recent events under Kaas City marred Yasha’s soul, contained it in a wreath of misgivings. She needed to come home. While ‘home’ was Mandalore, the small place in the Sundari Palace, Yasha craved the refocus and gentle nature of Myrkr’s most beautiful resident.

“Tell [member="Caz Australis"] I’m on my way.” Yasha picked up Reyn, who popped his fingers in his mouth and plunked his head down on Yasha’s pauldron-clad shoulder. Adara skipped alongside her mother, Tamar the nanny hefting a bag and running her fingers over Adara’s hair.

Once at the Australis Home, Yasha peeled off her armour, leaving it piece by piece clean on its’ armour stand. She removed the armour weave covering her body, the boots, which guarded her feet. Yasha needed no armour in this house. She needed nothing of any kind, but the love which permeated the walls.

Dressed in a simple tank and soft linen pants, Yasha shrugged on a thick green sweater and hissed. The armour she wore left welts and cuts along her neck, at certain joints. Bruises from her last battle consumed patches of her skin, a new scar birthed on her lip and cheek. Padding barefoot past the armoury into the house proper, Yasha watched her children run off to play with Lov and Lam, Adara tackling her step-sibling with frail-bodied hugs and kisses.

“Caz? I brought th.. the… I … there are gifts.” Yasha rounded the corner, leaning a palm along the wall, looking for Kaine’s first wife.

Caz sat at the butcher block in their immense kitchen sipping at her tea when she hear Yasha's voice. "In here cyar'ika! Come have some tea with me." She got up and started the kettle again and reached for Yasha's favorite tea mug in the cupboard above the stove. She pulled out a few canisters from the same shelf and started to mix herbs she had grown herself. She heard Yasha's feet pad into the kitchen and turned with a smile on her face.

"It's good to see you, love. I've just started your tea water. Here, come sit!" Caz pulled out the stool next to where she had been sitting for her partner. "I imagine you've had a long day. Let me take care of you for a little bit." She could feel Yasha's tension fade a little. Caz enjoyed taking care of her, she worked hard and was a very doting mother on top of it. When she could, she liked to take over so Yasha could relax. "Kaine should be home shortly and we can have a nice dinner together."

Caz ran her finger along the new scar Yasha had aquired, and reached into the drawer in front of her for some oils. "Here, love, let me take care of this. The scar should fade soon." Caz gently pulled at the neck of Yash's sweater and saw the sores from her armor. "And of course, these as well. Poor kitten, you are all sorts of beat up."

The tea kettle whistled and Caz set down the bottle of oil in her hand. She went to the stove and poured Yasha's tea for her.

"Drink this and when you are ready, tell me about your day." Caz leaned in and placed a gentle kiss on Yasha's forehead and settled in to listen to her.

“Coming, Caz’ika.” Yasha let her palm slide against the wall as she walked into the kitchen. There [member="Caz Australis"] was, her pink hair a passionate and deep representation of the woman who wore it so well. Once inside Caz’s Bastion, there was no danger or alarum. Nothing but affection and healing was allowed past Caz’s defences. Yasha slid onto the stool, one hand upon the counter to guide and ease her. A timid grunt.

“Thanks Love. Tea would be perfect.” Long day. Yasha refused to admit how many hours since her last good sleep, the campaigns on Colla IV and Dathomir hanging off her tired eyes. Face descending from the guard shed held on the ship, Yasha set an elbow on the table and burbled out a sigh. “Yeah. One big long day. But! It’s over and now I get to spend time with you and the kids.”

It felt strange to fight in battles without [member="Kaine Australis"] by her side, his expulsion from the Warmaster position and independence of Clan Australis meant time was as precious as beskar.

“Kaine’s coming? Wow, how long’s it been since our last family dinner?”

“Baba? Baba! Where’s Baba!?” Reyn ran in from the living room, clinging to his mother’s leg. Yasha hoisted the three year old to the counter with one arm, the other pressed to her ribcage. Kissing the boy’s chubby cheek, Yasha smoothed his curly dark hair and marvelled at how much he looked like Kaine. She sipped her tea and fumbled the mug back down, flexing shaking fingers.

“S-sorry. Sorry I… it’s fine I’m… I’m just tired is all. Used my hammer too much, my hands are practically claws.” Yasha held up both hands as Caz came over, dressed her face with her fingers. The young Epicanthix woman nuzzled into Caz’s hand, a beautiful delight in being able to put her armour and battles down. To be tended to, cared for by loving hands.

“Survived it, though… he… I got beat on bad, Caz.” Yasha sipped her tea, hemming in their baby boy with one arm, while she tilted to rest shoulder to shoulder with Caz. “I tried to kill Carnifex, and I kept landing killing blows and… he kept healing himself and we’d go at it and… after that? Some Sith sorcerer turned an entire tower of our Mando’ade into monsters. I spent days eradicating our own damaged people, who would never be healed. They were husks. All souls gone. I couldn’t save them, Caz’ika… I keep not being able to save them.”

Lips pressed together, Yasha’s chin shook as she gingerly placed her cheek on Caz’s shoulder. “I need to be strong, so our people can be strong. Sorry for being a downer... I should be used to this by now. One of those weeks, right? At least... at least Adara learned to read her first Mando'a primer. She got a gold star. She's probably trying to read to Lam and Lov right now... and this little guy learned how to say 'battleaxe'. Didn't you? Hmm? My lil muffin?”

Caz slid her arm around Yasha and brushed Reyn's cheek with her hand. "Sweetness, I know it's a hard job, and I know it weighs heavy on you every day. When you are here, you are safe, loved and honored. You are doing your best. Anyone can see that." Caz placed a kiss on the top of Yasha's head. "I'm glad you are home, with us, safe and sound. I will take care of you. Before bed tonight we can meditate so you can let go of the energy you are holding."

Caz knew her husband and Yasha have seen some horrific sights during battle. Caz was not a fighter. She had always used her energies to heal... especially those who she loved.

"Cyar'ika, let's let the nanny tend to the children tonight," Caz leaned in and kissed Reyn on the nose, "and you and Kain'ika and I will have a nice dinner and relax by the fire in the family room. You no longer need to worry tonight. Rest your mind. I'll have Cook make your favorites. How does that sound?" Caz was in full nurture mode, and was determined to help her love relax and let got of the stress of her last mission.

Yasha sniffed and rubbed her eyes with her finger and thumb. [member="Caz Australis"] was right, of course. This was the place to heal and rejuvenate. The one place in the galaxy Yasha could lay everything down.

“I love you too, Caz.” It already started making the young ruler feel better. She was safe with Caz’ika.

“Thanks, that’ll be perfect. It’s been... it’s been. That’s all. It’s just been and now I’m here and we’re going to have a fantastic night.” Running her arm along Caz’s back, Yasha gently pulled the woman in. Nuzzling her nose into Caz’s shoulder, Yasha pressed a kiss to her neck. Caz was as warm and inviting as the house. She smelled of oils and herbs, a collection of scents Yasha associated with peace and healing. While battle pressed against Yasha’s bruises and wounds, Kaine’s first wife was the beautiful antithesis. The shining one.

“Oh yes please. I could use a night without the kids. Tamar? Tamar sweets, can you take the kids?” Yasha called out, as Tamar, a fellow Epicanthix, rounded the corner and gave a thumbs up.

“We’re going to build a blanket fort! And eat marshmallows!”

Yasha smiled at the thought, “Cook. Yeesss. I’ve been on ration bars for days. Real food! Real yummy food! Ah! Spoiling me and all.”

“BUIR!!” Reyn’s yell broke Yasha’s lips from Caz’s shoulder. She watched the boy get tossed up by his father, cuddled in.

“Kain’ik!” Yasha’s face burst with a glowing grin, arm tightening ever slightly around Caz’s waist. “Yes, our son has been good. He even got Mommy kisses from both of us without flinching. And he’s learned some new words!”

Reyn snuggled into his father’s neck then yanked his head back. “Oya oya! Battleaxe raid it, Buir! Whsssh! Whsssh! Oya!”

“DADDY!!!!” Adara’s yell came from the other room, and combined with the pitter patter of Lov, and Lam’s feet. The trio rushed into the kitchen, and for once little Adara kept up. She always seemed to do better with her step-siblings around, and as the girl clung to her father’s leg, she grinned sweetly up at him.

“I’m the best reader in my class! And I don’t cheat or nofthing! And and Tamar is letting us build a blanket fort and no adults allowed!” The diminutive child shared flashing images of her days with [member="Kaine Australis"], the bond between father and daughter as strong as beskar. Impressions of emotion, happiness, frustration, glee, the warmth of her siblings filtered through, even as Lov and Lam ran for his other leg.

Tamar laughed and plucked Reyn from his father’s arm, putting her hand on Lov’s head. “Now let your father breathe you lot! We’ve got a fort to build. Say your faretheewells and let’s get playing.”

The whole time, Yasha had a grin spread across her face, arm around Caz.

Caz relaxed into Yasha's embrace. Having her to share a life with made Caz very happy. Her presence helped Caz adjust to having Nibsani so far away.

She closed her eyes and sighed as Yasha placed a kiss on her neck... the spot that Yasha knew always made her melt a little, and heard a familiar voice from the other room. She opened her eyes to see her beloved turn the corner into a gaggle of his children, greeting them all with smiles and laughter. Her heart surged at the sight of him. Her night was complete with most of her family under one roof.

"Cyar'ika, you are sight for sore eyes! We've very much missed you!" Caz slid her arm around Yasha and returned the embrace. She felt safe, loved and peaceful in the cacophony of children's squeals and laughter. She planted a kiss on Yasha's temple and extended her empty arm out for her husband to come join them.

"Come, love, give us a hug and kiss. It's been ages!"

"More babies?" Caz's eyes lit up. Caz had reconciled long ago that she would never have her own biological children, so she set forth to love all of her adopted children with all of her heart. "That's such exciting news! No wonder you are so tired Yash'ika! You know I'm going to dote even more on you now! We need to celebrate!" Caz pulled her loves closer to her and covered their faces with kisses. "I love you both so very much! I'm so glad you are home with me again."

Caz's smile eclipsed her face. She loved having a big family and a house full of love like she did. She looked lovingly at Kaine. He had been so good to her, and continued to be. He treated her like a Queen and gave her the life she thrived in.

"Yash'ika, straight away we will start some healing sessions for you, and we will make sure those babies grow big and strong. Ohhh you two! I couldn't be happier!"

Caz grabbed her data pad and started typing instructions for dinner to cook. All of Yasha's favorite foods, their best bottle of whiskey for her and Kaine and sparkling water for Yasha as well as lots of treats for the kids and the nanny.

"We are going to have a great celebration!"

[member="Kaine Australis"] and [member="Caz Australis"] were in her arms simultaneously. Yasha gripped them both hard, Kaine harder by virtue of not wishing to bruise Caz’s skin. The young woman always has to hold back with her family, by virtue of being seven feet tall of muscle fibre twice as virile as a human. They kissed, her Kain’ik and her Caz’ika, and Yasha felt as complete as the Manda on Myrkr. She brought Caz’s lips to hers as Kaine spilled their secret.

“I think I need the doting, love. Double of it.” The trio was pregnant. It didn’t matter to Yasha who bore the babies, Kaine and Yasha’s twins belonged to Caz equally as much. The love they shared had no jealousy or borders one with the other. Just as Adara and Reyn grew up with two mommies, so it would be for the twins. Yasha grinned and burst out in laughing tears, the hells she’d survived dismissed for the gladness of family. Pressing a hand to her still flat belly, Yasha leaned in to kiss Kaine and Caz again, her spouses. Her loves. She sniffled and grabbed a hankie from her sweater pocket, blowing her nose and rubbing her eyes.

“I’m so tired. The battles are getting more intense and I’m exhausted. Ginnie’s going to have to work harder to cover this belly in beskar. Twins! I’m going to be the size of Myrkr!” Yasha wiped a tear from her eye and snuggled into her spouses and Caz’s kisses. “Love you too, c’yare. Home...great to be here, eh Kain’ik?”

Nudging her husband, and the cause of the life swirling in her belly, Yasha ran an arm around him. She was bruised again since the last time he saw her, new campaigns hard fought that Cerani kept updates ready for her Buir.

“Love, go take your armour off. Please? Better snuggles.” Yasha pressed her hand to his chest, sitting as she was on the stool by the kitchen counter. Amber eyes shone up at him. As Caz busied about making preparations for dinner, Yasha teased at the latches and buckles holding Kaine’s Beskar’gam in place.

Yasha could use every speck of healing Caz had, and relaxed into her tea as she let go of any thought of ‘paying back’ or ‘leading the charge’. Here, now, she was Caz and Kaine’s Yash’ika. Sister, wife, mother of some of their children both born and growing in her belly. Caz gave Yasha permission to let go and be excited. The twins would be a blessing.

“It’ll be the perfect celebration! Other than sitting here looking pregnant and pretty, how can I help? Wait! I know! Drink my tea, then get doted on! I can do that!” Yasha laughed and hugged her mug of tea, sipping on it’s hot liquid and watching Caz go. She was a force of nature.

Caz looked up from her data pad, just finishing entering instructions for the night and looked at her two loves. Her heart swelled and she smiled, feeling tears prickling her eyes. She could get so overwhelmed by emotion so easily. It took her along time to accept this part of her. As a younger woman, she often worried she would be too much for her people... until she met Kaine, and more recently Yasha.

"I love you both. And I love seeing you both in love. It makes my heart happy. Yasha, thank you for gifting me the chance to be a mother again. I am so looking forward to new babies in this house. The children will be absolutely thrilled!"

Caz found a special bottle of whisky she'd been saving and poured drinks for her and Kaine, as she settled back on the stool next to them. She raised her glass to them. "To our family, our love and a beautiful life well lived!"

“Much, c’yare.” Yasha leaned away as a few droplets of water splashed on her face. The girl chuckled and rubbed at the moisture on her weary cheek. “Heey. Soggy muffin. You smell great.”

Kain’ik kissed her hair, and pulled her in, tonight a satellite to her two lovers. Her spouses. Yasha sniffed him in, rubbing her eyes on her hankerchief and snuggling into Kaine’s side. The young woman’s amber eyes were wide and vulnerable, as emotionally revealed as she’d ever been with her Kain’ik and her Caz’ika.

“It is happy. More siblings for the kids, they’re going to love them.” Yasha prayed every waking second she could to Manda, to that collection of witnesses that they at least give her this. That if she fought one more battle to protect the Vode, they would at least give her family to her. The most sacred of gifts.

“Hey. Come here.” Caz passed around the whiskey, and Yasha set her mug of tea to the counter, still warmed by its’ contents. The beautiful pink haired woman didn’t deserve to sit beside the snuggled pair. Yasha pulled on Caz’s hand gently, towing her wife over and angling Caz’s back against her knees. The Epicanthix beauty eased Caz onto her lap, leaning back into Kain’ik as she let her hands rest on Caz’s stomach and shoulders, leaning Caz into her mighty, but fragile arms.

“I love you, two. You turned me away from the hellacious demon I was. You’re welcome, Caz’ika. I’m going to need you more than ever… and the fact that I know that’s okay? I don’t have to work for every second of this like I owe you for it? That it’s alright to just… let things lie here and cuddle up with you two? It’s the closest to paradise I’ll ever get.” Yasha kissed Caz’s hair, then nuzzled into Kain’ik’s chin. The trio would rest secure and together, held firm in each other’s arms if Yasha had anything to say about it.

After all, Kaine and Caz had a toast to make. Yasha burst into a joyful laugh, brushing Caz’s hair away from her neck to kiss Caz’s neck.

“To our family, our love and a beautiful life well lived.” She could hear Kaine’s heartbeat in his chest. A constant and smooth sound Yasha prayed would go on forever. As long as all of them lived.

“I can feel them. It’s not like it was for Adara and Reyn, I can feel them fluttering around. Probably already annoyed that I might have jumped out of a gunship at 2300 feet into a gun placement… I don’t think they like amusement rides too much.” Yasha cuddled into her lovers, hoping they wouldn’t balk at the battles she still had to fight.

[member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Caz Australis"]

As always, cook went above and beyond and made them the best dinner they had had in a long while. The dining room was filled with conversation, laughter and love from the triad. Caz sat back with her glass of whiskey and looked at her husband and wife and smiled broadly. Life was certainly good for the Clan these days.

Soon after dinner was done, the three of them moved to the den where a fire was burning in the hearth. They settled on the huge overstuffed couch. Caz pulled Yasha's feet into her lap as Kaine put his arm around her. Caz began rubbing her feet gently and quietly sending healing energy through the woman's body, careful not to put pressure on spots that would interfere with her pregnancy. Caz could feel Yasha's body relax as she and Kaine held her. The Homestead was a safe haven for the warriors, and a place where Caz could heal and nurture them.

Caz looked at the two of them and smiled. "Sometimes it hits me just how blessed we are. I cherish these moments because I never know when you two will be off again on another mission." She tilted her head and her brow furrowed. "I do get to keep you here for awhile, yeah? Especially, Yash, with you expecting, you are going to have limit your badassary to a minimum my love."

Dinner flowed organically into the compassionate conversation between three loving spouses. Yasha sipped sparkling water and honey tea, nudging Kain’ik and teasing Caz’ika. After weeks of ration bars, the starvation she encountered under Kaas City, Cook’s meal fed Yasha down to the bone.

She grunted as her aches and bruises caused her to sit cautiously. Sore muscles easing back into her lovers. Caz’ika’s healing touch alighted on her skin, the energy pouring through Yasha’s toes.

“Mmmh.” The young woman panted, curling Kaine’s arm around her. New bruises and cuts showed on her skin, grotesque since the couple separated after Westralis. Here, by the fire and on their couch, Yasha was home. Safe and loved.

Caz touched upon a sore place, energy tangled and pulsing. Yet the healing in her fellow Australis Wife began to untie the knot. The Infernal set aside, Yash’ika wept gently in her spouses’ arms. She nuzzled into Kaine’s shoulder and chest, letting go of the tension of battling for survival and the vode.

“Love you too, Caz’ika. Don’t think I’d be able to do any of this without you.” Caz spoke. Yasha wiped the tears with a handkerchief and smiled. Life surged within her belly. One of her hands stroked her stomach, which soon would swell with their twins.

“Another two days, I’m due back on the front. Keira said she’d help Alkor lead, so I could rest, but unless he gets freed up... I wish I could stay. I’m exhausted.” Yasha opened her eyes and settled in loving arms. “I could call Yronwulf from Vena. Sigurd-Adolfo and his troops could take over the front. Give me a few more days. We’re not... nobody knows I’m pregnant but you two, Tamar, Alkor and Keira.”

[member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Caz Australis"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom