Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Sorr, Pablo, and Sage's Wild Ride

Sorr Kortu

Socially Awkward Smuggler

Snow Coat

ice_planet_hive_by_meckanicalmind_d5xuuid-fullview.jpg

Sorr preferred to be on a warm, sandy beach while rubbing sunscreen lotion on Vletti'azan'uosus Vletti'azan'uosus back while she purred in his ear with satisfaction. Not trudging along a frozen landscape in the middle of nowhere trying to reactivate a weather control station. Not that Sorr minded the cold, he enjoyed Alderaanian winters as a kid but this was too much. The young man's brown boot sank into the snow nearly causing him to lose his balance. It was hard to tell if he was on solid ground or if the ground was covered in thick layers of snow. Either way, Sorr really didn't want to trudge through this snow on foot, but the Tiaza's Purr had difficulty adjusting to the extreme cold. That was something Sorr needed to upgrade eventually but he didn't have funds at the moment.

He, Sag'etare Baracco Sag'etare Baracco , and Pablo Pablo were assigned a contract by the Order of Dai Bendu to reactivate the climate control generator that was responsible for slowly terraforming the planet for hundreds of years. It was built in tandem by the locals of the Ando Prime and the Bendu since the planet was suffering massive blizzards around 600 BBY. It was so bad, that there were fears that the planet would be inhabitable. Thanks to the climate control generator though, the planet began to reach average temperatures levels before the blizzards. However, under mysterious circumstances, the climate control building shut down. Sorr and the crew were tasked with reactivating the generator and not only they'll get paid, but they can take whatever items that are in center.

"We're on the right track guys!" Sorr said pulling out the map and wiping the snow that was splattered on it. "According to the map the Bendu provided us, the Climate Control Center should through that divide up north!"

Of course, given that the Climate Control Center was automated, it meant that creatures could be lurking. Sorr assumed that the reason why the center shut down was due to interference by animals, big ones to be precise. "Come on guys!" Sorr smiled. "One last push! We've been walking for hours! The sooner we finish this, the sooner we can drink hot chocolate at the Purr!"

Hot chocolate..... wouldn't that be lovely to have right now? Sorr could almost taste it.......

Snow Coat

Sage preferred to be in space. He was born in the stars, on the floor of a starship, and that vast blackness with its brilliant pinpricks ever beckoned his name back to it. Too cold in the ship? Oh just turn the temperature up. Too hot? No problem. Lower it. Here? On this planet. Go fish, friendo.

Fur-lined hood over his head amid his arctic outfit: thick winter viridian jacket, wind-resistant, with black padded pants to match and tan boots to move through the snow. He had his backpack too, his instrument, his weapons, his coin in his pocket and black gloves that lived up to their promise of keeping his fingers from falling off.

“Man, I’d give half my nutsack for an actual damn track,” Sage responded as he gazed at the map. A paved road at least. Something to be a bit sweeter on my feet. This entire voyage had better prove to be worth it for him.

“Hot chocolate, huh?” He blew through his lips toward Sorr before staring into the distance. He couldn’t fathom what items would be in this building that would make a difference in payment—treasure in the basement was a trifle trite—but their employer was offering a pretty credit. “Just gimme a working coffee machine when we reach this kriffing center."

The snowfall picked up, growing heavier, making it harder to see further away from one another’s face. Sage stopped in his tracks just then. “Wait.” He turned northward. “Tell me you didn’t hear that. I’d rather it existed only in my imagination given the alternative.”

Sorr Kortu Sorr Kortu Pablo Pablo

v81gW0j.png

Pablo was also not the biggest fan of the cold. Fortunately however he was concealed within a rather bulky environmental suit that insulated him from the frigid conditions. It also helped him maintain a more humanoid form that allowed the Ugor to better keep up with his two compatriots. Walking was much better than needing to ooze his way across the snow.

“Hot Chocolate sounds nice, I could go for a gallon… or two.” Pablo spoke up from within his evo-suit. A hot beverage like that also meant he had to actually savor and enjoy it rather than chugging it all down and burning himself. As he continued to trudge through the snow with heavy steps he groaned a bit. “Ugh… Are we there yet Sorr?” Pablo asked in a rather whiny voice.

Then he perked up some as Sage mentioned hearing something. “Huh? Nah I ain’t hear nothing. I can’t hear anything in this damn suit.” Pablo complained, he could grow as many extra eyes and ears as he wanted in the evo-suit and it wouldn’t do him any good. If he could exit however, he hone his senses to a frightening degree. That didn’t mean Sorr didn’t hear anything else however. “What do you think it was?” He hoped it wasn’t some kind of avalanche. Then again he’d probably hear at least.

Sorr Kortu Sorr Kortu | Sag'etare Baracco Sag'etare Baracco

Sorr Kortu

Socially Awkward Smuggler
Snow Coat

"Too much Information Sage!" Sorr muttered holding his arms closer together in order to keep himself warm. "Your Grapefruits are the last thing I need on my mind!"

Sage was more of a Pirate than a Smuggler, which meant he always preferred to kill everyone and let the Force sort it out. Sometimes Sorr wondered if he was gathering the right kind of people for a job that requires discretion. From Neli Neli to even Brinna Dara Brinna Dara , all Sorr wanted to do was to move cargo from one side of the Galaxy to the next. Of course, Sorr expected the underworld to be filled with cold blooded killers but one would think that they would at least be tactful.

But Sage is great with a Blaster Rifle and taught Sorr everything he knew about the criminal underworld as well as tips to adapt to it. Plus the connections Sage formed didn't hurt. "We're almost there!" Sorr said to Pablo: A newcomer who was an Ugor engineer who happened to posses a Power Armor of sorts. Despite being menacing though, beneath that amor, Pablo was an ol softie: Literally. "I didn't hear anything!" Sorr shouted through the snow. "Unless......"

A large woosh was heard coming from the sky, Sorr looked up and saw large ball of Ice the size of a medium sized soro sub speeder was hurling towards them. "WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?!" Sorr shouted all of his senses telling him to flee. "RUN! GET TO THE CAVERN!"

Running as fast as he could, Sorr trampled his way through the large sleet of Snow, his legs were burning and aching to the point where it felt like it they were as wobbly as Pablo. Yet he had to keep moving, the Ice Boulder smashed behind the group the force of the impact causing Sorr to fly up in the air before landing face first onto the Snow. "Owwww......" Sorr slowly got up feeling blood trickling down his nose. "Where did that come from?"

Either that was the largest hailstone Sorr has seen or somebody launched that large block of ice clearly aware of the groups presence.

Sag'etare Baracco Sag'etare Baracco , Pablo Pablo

Sage’s grapefruits might freeze if they didn’t make it to the hot chocolate on time. They had another problem first. Maybe it was the wind he heard but it sounded like a screech. Nobody else heard anything. “Guess it’s just my imagination then— OH SHIT”

The boulder all but blotted out the sun as the group began to run. Sorr asked what the heck it was as if his partners had the answer. “NOT WHAT I IMAGINED!” They managed to dodge the barrage just as Sage also flew away from the impact and landed on his face.

“Oooooof… I think I’ve broken somethin’...” He rolled over to his back, frowning at a snapped stick. Better it than the alternative.

“It came from the sky,” the pirate stated the obvious as he got up. Right, the sky couldn’t rain like that. The humongous object was also rather round as he looked down at it, as if it was constructed. “Maybe somebody launched it.”

There was a whistle in the wind just then, unless it was Sage’s imagination again. “To the cavern, gentlemen.” This time he caught the movement from the mountains as another boulder reached the clouds. “NOW!”

Maybe there were giant savages in the mountains. Perhaps the mountain itself was just shooting spitballs at them. Whoever, whatever or wherever, Sage ran as fast as he could.
The cave wasn’t far away, looking as welcoming as ominous at the entrance. The darkness swallowed him as he entered, and silence, but it wasn’t as cold, and there were no snowballs.

Pablo Pablo Sorr Kortu Sorr Kortu

v81gW0j.png

Suddenly his two friends seemed to be freaking out over something. Pablo didn’t even try to look at what it was at first. Since he’d need to turn his whole body just to catch a glimpse. He had to trust Sorr and Sage weren’t messing with him so he tried his best to run with them, albeit a bit slower than the two others. So when the giant iceball collide behind him he didn’t really get thrown aside, just partial smothered by some broken ice like a tiny avalanche.

“Ugh! What the hell happened?” Was some giant looking to have a snowball fight or something? Pablo was still trying to realize what had fallen behind him as he quickly dug himself out of the broken ice and snow that covered him. Fortunately he wasn’t hurt, just a bit dazed. But the visor on his suit cracked some, and he wasn’t sure if other parts of it might’ve broken. Hopefully the insulation still holds up.

“Who would launch a giant snowball at us?” Pablo replied to Sage, the Ugor wasn’t that familiar with the planet or its inhabitants. Nonetheless it seemed like there was more and he took Sage’s advice to rush over to the cavern for protection. Then huge snowballs can’t rain from the sky on them, right? Pablo’s run was more like a spirited waddle because of his strange physiology and the bulkiness of the suit. But he waddled as hard and as fast as anyone has ever waddled before just to get to the cavern with his peers' comrades.

Sorr Kortu Sorr Kortu | Sag'etare Baracco Sag'etare Baracco

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom