Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soothing the Soul [Coci]

lakeside_by_mandelcr8tor-d5w6vxq.jpg

Planet Tabaqui
Veydascee System

The cold of Midvinter was slowly defrosted by the warmth of Tabaqui, a place the family of four had not visited in some time. Their respective duties to the Order they all serve has been doing a fine job at keeping them busy, but with the loss of the great patriarch of their family fresh in their hearts and minds, the four needed some time off to grieve and soothe their spirits. No finer place than Himmelskald to put your mind at ease.

As Thurion awakened in the arms of his beloved, the covers barely covering their naked bodies, he opened his eyes and offered her a tired smile. "I remember your face," he whispered just before placing a kiss upon her heart where his head has rested the entire night. Nothing put him more at ease than listening to the sound of his beloved's heartbeat, especially now that they had just lost a member of their family. He needed to make sure she was there, that she were real and that she was unharmed.

The bed creaked a bit as he leaned closer to press his lips to hers, to let his love for her pour through their kiss. He groaned slightly at his bandaged torso, having been patched up in the aftermath of the battle to tend to his cracked ribs. They still needed time to fully heal, but that didn't stop him from demonstrating his love for her whenever possible.

"I love you, my sweetheart." See?

[member="Coci Heavenshield"]

The coming of the dawn peaked over the distant mountain shrouding their bedroom on the upper level in a field of gold. Such a beautiful natural event is dawn, the start of a new day, the start of life continuing once more, for all that still live to return to a routine of existence. The creatures of the jungle, had awoken before them, already hunting and feeding young, or building dens or nests to house a new generation. Life will go on ..

Yet, the coming of the dawn brings remembrances of many things to them, but most notably their father lost to them. Coci turned her head to the golden rays, she could see the avian languidly flying across the sky, and the water sparkling with white and golden light, piercing her black eyes, she smiles a sad smile. In this moment, she feels Thurion shift in the bed, and looking down she meets his sleepy gaze, and her smile brightens.

She says nothing for the moment, the warm embrace they share enough to say what is in their heart, yet as he moves upward to her, a grimace of pain pulling on his face, she opens her mouth to protest, only to be silenced with his kiss.

"How is it possible for me to have grown to love you more?", she spoke the words softly and from her heart. Coci fusses around him trying to make the bed more comfortable for his aching body, the bandages slightly discoloured from cuts weeping with blood still. "You should not move you know", she encourages him to lay on his back, a pillow propped under his head to lift his view of the lake. "Look", she says with a small nod of her head to the window and the dawn, Thrand has not left them, they can see him every day. Coci looked down into Thurion's face, her eyes softening and watching to see his reaction.
[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

As his wife tucked him back in, Thurion looked to the horizon through their open balcony doors. She was right; their father was still looking after them, visiting them each morning and driving back the darkness. He put his arm around her and placed a tender kiss upon the tip of her nose. "I think you're right, sweetie," he told her as a warm ray of early sunlight struck his chest. "He is one with the gods now, looking down on us and keeping us safe." He reached for her left hand upon which her wedding ring sat and gently played with it.

And yet, his smile faded somewhat at the though of his father. "It feels... odd, you know? Knowing he's well and truly gone." He raised her hand to his lips for a kiss. "Death is selfish, I've found. When a loved one dies, you don't feel sad for the person who's passed away, but rather for yourself knowing you will never see them again. If anything, I feel happy for father; he's lived a long, hard life, and finally got to be reunited with his beloved in the afterlife. I never knew my mother, but I like to think he loved her as much as I love you, Coci. I can't imagine losing you and keep on going for so long without you."

Thurion looked into his beloved's eyes. "In the end, I believe his heart never really healed. I'm glad he is with her now." Tears had begun to fill his eyes, but still a genuine smile graced his lips. He leaned in to kiss her forehead. "It will take time, my love, for our grief to pass. It's important that we go on as usual, or grief will soon turn into despair." He'd skirted that line before, a long time ago. It wasn't an experience he wished to relive anytime soon. "I doubt Théo will see it that way..." he sighed. Being the youngest of the four, coupled with having no experience in losing a loved one, it had become apparent that Théodred had taken his grandfather's death the hardest.

"What you say is true", she smiled as he kiss her hand. "We are selfish in our grief, and we have a right to be. It also reminds us of our mortality, our lack of control over life itself. For our own lives, and we get angry that this is taken from us as well. Our failings are there for all to see, not just to ourselves looking inward, and so death takes with one hand. Only to give with the other. It gives us back our lives, pushes us forward to continue to live and not take life for granted. Death is generous, also".

Her smiled faded from her face as well, Thurion speaking of life after death between the two of them. If Thurion was to pass first, she knew that he would not have to wait long for her to join him, but she would not voice this, not ever. "Your father's heart was strong, simply because he knew that there was unfinished business he needed to attend to. Regardless of his mistake, he loved you and Thyrian, he could have gone, he could have allowed death to take him through any means possible, but he didn't", she sat up allowing the sheet to fall from her naked body and turned to look down into her beloveds face.

"He stayed on, hoping against hope that one day he would find his sons once more. Retaking his rightful place on the throne was one thing, but I believe it was secondary to the love and loss he felt for his sons". And he had to set things right for his beloved wife, or how else could he have faced her in death. Her hand lifted and settle on his chest over his heart, taking much care not to hurt his injuries. A warm stream of the force entered his body, as Coci began to heal some of his wounds beneath the bandages while she gazed out of the open windows. She is reflecting on Théo, yes he had taken the loss of Thrand hard, which was to be expected considering how close they were, and the endless love the boy felt for his grandfather. But in Théo there is a strong sense of purpose that even they do not know, it is written on his soul through the ages of Valkyri past and present, through the heritage of Corellia as well that has yet to be realised.

"I worry for him too, and I question whether we have done the right thing by him as we have sheltered him so. But I don't think we have failed him, like death .. events of life are out of our control and he must face this alone. We will be there for him, but this is his 'battle' .. it will pain us to watch it, but we must let me fight this one alone and pick up the pieces at the end of it all". What else could they do? She looked at Thurion, concern for their son etched on his face equal to her own, and hoped he might have the answer.

"I am selfish, above everything that has happened, all that matters to me is that you are alive". She leaned down and placed her lips to his, her love and devotion spilling over him to wash the pain away.

Thurion watched her as she sat up, still unable to fully grasp just how beautiful she is after all these years. His hand settled upon her cheek as she shared her thoughts on death and the reason Thrand kept going for so long. Maybe she was right; perhaps he did feel he had to make up for the past and do right by his sons before meeting his beloved in the afterlife. In the end, he'd done just that. Without him, none of them would be where they are today, and that is perhaps the greatest gift he'd given them. His mind them shifted back to Théo as she spoke of his grief.

"He's young, still," he told her while gently fussing with her dark hair. "He has time on his side, and Force be willing he'll put it to good use in putting aside his grief, rather than let it overwhelm him. That path leads to the dark side. All we can do is be there for him when he needs us, to point him in the right direction. We can't take his sorrow away, as much as we would like..." he let out another sigh, just as the sun peeked over the edge of the mountain across the lake. Its warm rays created a halo around his wife's head, and where a mournful frown had once been now a bright smile appeared in its stead. "Gods, you are so beautiful," he practically gasped before she leaned down to place her lips to his.

Despite his aching ribs, Thurion wrapped his arms around her for a close embrace. If his injuries were ever to prevent him from spending time with his greatest love, then might as well shoot him right there and then, because his life wouldn't be worth living. Once the kiss finally came to an end, he let the tip of his nose touch hers and he smiled. "I can't believe you're real at times, you know." A faint growling noise could be heard coming from his tummy, and he let out a chuckle.

"I think some breakfast would do us good," he grinned wide while burying his face in the side of her neck, placing tender kisses upon her soft skin.

Thurion's concerns for Théo mirrored her own. The threat of the darkside was real enough if the emotions are left unchecked, he is still young not just in years, but maturity and although Théo has his training as Jedi to help him, no amount of it can prepare one for such things as the death of someone so close to him. Regardless, of the fact he is attuned to the force, this dive into spiraling emotions can turn anyone. "We must keep check on him, somehow. He has had such freedoms given that he might take safety for granted, take the power of the force for granted and find himself in trouble". Not mischief trouble, but something far worse. But Thurion and Coci will not live forever, they simply cannot be around all the time protecting him or the girls for that matter. Besides, they are growing up as well and developing into Jedi that will be required to go out and face the reality of life.

There is no right or wrong answer to this, no matter what they do or say, the will of their children will always win the day in the end. Coci signed, "I am real, see?", she touched him once more on his chest over his heart as he leaned down to kiss her once more. His kiss the only real thing in the galaxy to her, the only thing that she was sure of was his love for her. Well, not the only thing, the love returned to him, the love she does not temper for him, equally as real.

A small giggle escaped her lips, still pressed to his, as the sound of his tummy rudely interrupted them. "It is good to see you have your appetite back". She said as their lips parted. Neither of them had had the stomach for food of late, eating had become a perfunctory action, but little by little, the flavour of food had returned and the wanting of it. She rose from their bed and threw a robe around her body, before assisting Thurion with his before they would head down stairs to the kitchen. "Come on let me help you". She said not waiting for his reply, he had no choice in the matter.

But rather then lead Thurion to the kitchen she took him out onto the ground level verander and insisted his remain there, while she prepared some breakfast. She made sure he was comfortable, propping up cushions behind his back, fussing with a light blanket around his legs and would allow the warming sun's rays to do their job on his body, to heal. Before she left, her hand cupped the back of his head, as she leaned down to kiss his forehead. "I love you so much", she said whispering into his ear as she nuzzled him. "I will be back shortly".

Thurion made no objections when she beckoned him to join her downstairs for some breakfast, feeling just how empty his stomach was as it let out another rumble. Once she'd helped him get dressed as well as get down the stairs - broken ribs did make everything that much harder - she sat him down in his favourite chair out on the porch, leaving him there to soak in the morning sun while she made for the kitchen. The blankets covering him coupled with the warm rays of the sun put a smile on his face as he rested his head upon the soft cushion, closing his eyes while relishing this moment. Coci was right; Thrand was still with them. Even now he could feel his embrace.

The soft yawn of a newly arisen Nina made him look her way as she appeared beside him on the porch with a cup of tea in her hand, along with a bed head few were able to duplicate, letting her white hair fall where it may this morning. She placed a soft hand upon her father's shoulder, and he placed his hand upon hers as they watched the sunrise together. "I feel him too, papa," Nina said before leaning down to place a kiss upon his bearded cheek. She then headed down the few steps until her bare feet touched the soft grass as she took her morning walk through their garden. "I'm so proud of you, my sweet Snowflake," he whispered, knowing she would not hear the words. Nina was all grown up, he only realised just now.

Again he closed his eyes, a wide smile on his lips. The smell of food from the kitchen caused his tummy to growl once again in anticipation of what was to come.

He did not like it, standing in the door way that lead out to the verander, Theo watched his father for a moment, sitting there injured and wrapped in a blanket. He looked old, like an old man, but Theo knew well enough his father was not that, but still it reminded him that his parents are not gods, and they will not live forever. "Morning Papa", he had not called his father that in a long time. Theo moved to stand next to Thurion, and looked out over the lake that sparkled in the morning light, the water looked to inviting even for Theo's sorrowful mind and heart, and it might do to help him forget for a while. And so he stood, dressed only in his swimming trunks, with a towel over his shoulder.

"I'm off for a swim", his eyes found Nina walking down by the lake and he smiled. Yet, hidden emotions are still dwelling deep in his chest. He kissed the top of his fathers head, just like his father does to him. " And before you ask, yes I have had breakfast. Long before you and mother decided to get up". He gave his Papa a smile and a wave before racing off. It is all but superficial, designed to hide his truth.

Coci had finished the breakfast, and prepared the plates on the tray. Blue milk, naturally, sat in a long glass and a small pot of Caf for herself. A large plate of pancakes stacked high and all sorts of condiments for the choosing. There was even a small bowl of whipped cream, but that was her's.

"Here we are my love, pancakes!", she said coming out into the light of day onto the verander. She set up the small table that had been built by Thurion's hands many years ago now, and placed the plate in front of him so he did not have to move much. Once Thurion was set, Coci took her place next to him and piled her own plate.

When Théo appeared at his side Thurion beamed a smile at his son, just as he placed a kiss upon his forehead. Knowing how much of a struggle it must be for the lad to keep a positive outward appearance despite his grief, Thurion refused to add to Théo's emotional state by bringing it up. It was far too beautiful a day for such thoughts and feelings.

Then when Coci returned from the kitchen while Théo made for the lake for a swim, his sense were blessed by the scent of his favourite breakfast in the form of pancakes, along with a tall glass of blue milk. "Oh my, such a feast," he applauded her cooking before leaning closer for a kiss. "Thank you, my love."

As Coci sat down with him on the porch overlooking their garden and their children, they were reminded of just how many years it had been. Nina had reached womanhood, Théodred was inching closer to adulthood... It all seemed like yesterday that Nina carried around her baby brother, him having barely learned how to walk. While it made him feel old, Thurion wasn't stricken down by the fact that his children had all but grown up. He was so very happy for what his children had already achieved in life - far more than he ever did. For his children to surpass him is the greatest wish of any father.

Before partaking in the loveliness that was the pancakes sitting in his lap, Thurion reached across for his wife's hand and smiled as he held it. "To think, in ten years or so a new generation might be sitting in our laps," he marvelled at the possibilities. Not that there would be any pressure placed upon their children to start their own families. Before releasing her hand he raised it to his lips for a kiss, then finally he scooped a large bite of heavenly pancakes into his mouth and munched happily.

It is the small things in life that matter the most, a gentle caress of the hand can tell someone how much they are loved, placing a blanket over someone to keep them warm equally so, and a large plate of pancakes with the effect of a large smile and eating with gusto, enough to remember for the ages. The mess in the kitchen left behind, some of which was Théo's, and Nina's but considering the recent events the family now struggle with, dirty plates are nothing. A smile so wide and heart felt crossed her face, as his lips touched her fingers before Thurion eat with a good strong appetite, it did great things to her heart to see it, as it was a good sign of healing the soul. A start at least.

Coci could not help but chuckle as she took her share before all have vanished. Scooping the whipped cream over the pancakes and fruits that are her favourite before pouring herself a cup of caf, that is the first order of the day, Caf. Her eyes looked up over the lip of the cup as Thurion spoke about their children, she could see them wandering off to find space of their own, to be quiet in their minds and hearts, and Thurion and herself would be here for them if they are needed.

"By the force, grandchildren?", she smiled at the thought of it. "I am still to young for that title", she joked, but deep down loved the very thought of it. The morning rays of the sun warmed her body as well, it was so nice to be home again after so long and so much happening in their lives, not only Midvinter but with duty as Jedi and to the Sanctum. "We must find more time to come back here", she said closing her black eyes to allow the warmth of the rays to prickle the skin on her face, and with it, she let out a long breath as if she had been holding it waiting for the moment of solace to release.

Coci put down her fork, her arm finding it's way around Thurion's waist and she laid her head on his shoulder, "I love you, you know?". She remained there for a little while, a gentle smile on her face and she watched Nina and Théo disappear from sight.

"You're right," he said after swallowing another load of pancakes. "This is our home. Midvinter may be home to my ancestors, and Voss may be home to the Order we serve, but this? This is ours," he gestured to the flora around them. "This is where we belong." As Coci then moved closer and placed her arm around him, Thurion quickly finished his meal off by downing the last of the blue milk before wrapping an arm around her shoulders to hold her tight. "I love you too, Coci," he whispered as their children wandered off, going about their morning routines.

Thurion placed a kiss upon his wife's head before nuzzling his face into her black hair, eyes closed as he took a deep breath to inhale her sweet scent. Nowhere in the galaxy could soothe him as well as their sanctuary on Tabaqui; the gentle winds playing with the trees and the leaves, the cheerful chirping of birds, the calm waves of the crystal-clear lake on display before them - all added to the alleviation of stress and fears that may reside in their hearts and minds. "There is nowhere else I'd rather be, sweetheart. This is my paradise."

As much as she loves Midvinter and Voss, yes this is home. It had been their first home before they married, and would remain so for the rest of their lives. The tranquility of Tabaqui seeps through the pores of the skin and one can't help but feel a sense of completeness. A place like this has to be shared with those you love and Coci is blessed with the love of Thurion and her children. Her black eyes looked around the environment they have created their home in, and she had to agree with him, so much beauty, plant life and creatures here, it would take a life time to catalogue.

A lazy smile crossed her lips as she felt him nuzzle against her, she tightened her hold on his waist just a little so she would not hurt his ribs and they sat enjoying the scene before them for some time more. The morning sun had traveled across the blue sky, rising up until just about over the house, the pair had not moved much, only to refill their glasses and find some snacks. The children had spent most of the day in their quiet time, dealing with their own moments of sadness in their own way but soon they would return for lunch. They would find what they need in the cooler, but now Coci had had an idea.

"I think .. you need to take some exercise. It will help heal your body more to keep it mobile", which was true enough as sedentary posture will stiffen the limbs. "Wait here I shall be back", she raced inside and found some clothes for them both, a light shirt and trousers and two pairs of sandals. She quickly dressed and help Thurion into his clothes. However, where she wants to take Thurion is far and he or she would find the walk difficult for now. So Coci went and pulled the ground speeder to the front of the house, and remaining in the front drivers seat, "Hop in! I want to show you something".

Once he was settled in the passenger seat, Coci pushed the speeder forward and around the back of the house. There is a light pathway through the jungle, which on occasion breaks out into clearings, they traveled for a good part of forty five minutes before she stopped the speeder and climbed out. "We have to walk a little way through there", she point into the dense foliage. She would walk first and push back the thicker parts of the forest, the ground underfoot was squelchy and the scent of organics filled their senses, the atmosphere is thick with humidity and soon the shirts on their bodies began to cling to their skin. Eventually, they came to what she wanted to show him. "Look! isn't it extraordinary".

9e5c762c070873621527c32034bedcb7.jpg

When his wife suddenly got into her head that they would go off exploring, Thurion followed without question. He cast off the blanket and got up from his chair, aided by her while getting dressed and led towards the speeder. He had no idea what was to come, but he trusted Coci with his every breath. He knew it would be spectacular, judging from her enthusiasm.

Sliding down into the passenger seat, clutching his side to alleviate the pain of overexerting himself. "What are you up to," he pondered aloud with an amused look on his face as she assumed the driver's seat. He did not ask her to reveal her intentions - he very much wanted to be surprised.

During their leisurely drive through the jungles of Tabaqui, Thurion looked all around him at the stunning flora. Every colour imaginable was represented, and high above in the canopy primates could be seen swinging from tree to tree. How he envied these simplistic creatures sometimes; to be allowed to be the way nature intended, not having to worry about the everyday troubles they had to endure. Despite having grown up on Pelagon, Thurion always did have a fondness for nature and all it entails.

Once the pair arrived at their destination, Coci helped him out of his seat and guided him through the thick plantlife. It became obvious to him that few - if anyone - had ever ventured to this place before, as there existed no paths to tread upon. When finally they both laid eyes on what she had brought him to see, Thurion's eyes desperately tried to take in as much as humanly possible only to lose themselves in the display of colours and exotic flora. "This is... this is beautiful," he managed to speak through his wonder, only to gaze upon Coci and her light clothing clinging to her perfect body. "Beautiful..."

The tumbling of a waterfall could be heard in the distance, and if one looked you could see the silvery stream plummeting to a river throwing up a gentle spray of white mist. The river would cut through the jungle eventually to find it's way to the lake on which they lived, constantly feeding it with fresh water and life itself. There is a large avian creature, not one you see around the house but one that lives mostly in this valley, and they could see it making its way back home to its nest. A natural pathway rolls between the two high sides of the valley which is narrow but affords light enough to sustain life, varying natural life different from the main jungle.

Coci took Thurion's arm to aid him along the pathway, the two walked between giant red pods that seemed to glow with an inner light. Red, the colour so many things and with meanings that are opposite to one another, danger, sith, fire, passion and love. Sometime separate in meaning, sometimes the same thing. But they are both in no fit state to climb up and explore them, that would have to be for another day, but the pair were happy enough just to be here among the calming creatures of the forest and the soothing flora.

Eventually they made it to the waters edge, a small pool in which the waterfall tumbles lay before them, surrounded by a soft thin grass and plants that need the life giving force to sustain them. It is greener here, lush with life and power of the force which seeped into their very souls and strengthened their bodies with renewed energy. She could feel it, coursing through her veins, giving power to the limbs and helping to heal. She hoped Thurion would too, he had too, it was too evident.

Coci stopped him there on the bank, and turned until standing in front of him, not a word spoken as she began to peel him out of his clothes, yet her eyes flashed up to look into his sapphire blue windows. She removed his trousers, and undergarment, and slowly aided him to remove his shirt until all that was left on his body were the bandages. She gently encouraged his arms to the side and began to remove them as well, gently unfolding them from around his body and chest, they are stained with old blood and need changing anyway. As the final piece fell away and to the ground, she looked over his body, still showing the signs of battle, bruises black and blue with healing and many many cuts angry with the torn flesh. Her hand reached up and allowed her finger tips to trace along the old scars from battles past, they are there to remind him and she of what could have been, of what they both have done to save so many over their time as Jedi. And each one worn as remembrance to those that lost their lives.

Now she undressed, until standing as naked as he on the edge of the bank, Coci took his hand and walked him into the pool until they are both thigh deep. "Sit down", she said softly, and helped him do so until he was chest deep in the water. The water is warm like a bath, it is soft to the skin and full of minerals that seemed to sparkle with the dappled sunlight. Coci moved until she was behind him, and kneed down in the water she could feel it lapping around her waist line, she cupped her hands to bring up the water to pour over his shoulders, allowing the warm water to bath the blood and pain away, little by little. She could see small swirling eddies of his dried blood wash away before vanishing and becoming one with the soil as it sank. Coci would do this until such time as his body was clean and the wounds calmed in colour before she moved back, "Lay down and rest against my lap". She helped him lay his head down and now his body is total submerged and now she washes his long golden hair while looking into his face with a smile.

"I love you, did you know that?".

The warm water felt like an angel's kiss upon his skin, and already he felt invigorated as he carefully descended into the thigh-deep pool. As he sat down the water gently caressed his bruised skin, and as his wife then asked him to lie down, Thurion was more than happy to comply. His hand clutched his side as he lay his head in her lap, and as their eyes met he beamed a smile at her. The sun stood high in the sky, and her head just blocked it from getting in his eyes, making it look like she wore a halo of light.

"I think I've died and gone to heaven," he finally said as she began washing his hair. His eyes inspected every inch of her face, and each time he did he always managed to find something new to marvel about. Still holding onto his side, his other hand reached upwards to brush away a few wayward strands of hair before settling upon her cheek. "How are you so wonderful in every way?"

She smiled down into his face, as she continued to wash his hair. "It is easy to love you". Once she had finished, she encouraged and helped him up so Thurion could sit in the warm water without pain. Coci moved from behind him and walked into the deeper water until it lapped around her waist before she dived in and swam to cleanse her own body of the heat. The day had drawn long by the time they decided to return to their home and it was time to rejoin their family for the evening meal.

The trip back to the house as a lovely as the journey to the valley, save for the growing dark clouds in the east heralding the arrival of the afternoon rains, which come like clock work each and every day. When the arrived home, it was evident that Nina and Théo had returned from their day out, a wet towel hung over the balcony railing and a small cup with saucer sat on the step.

Once Coci had help Thurion out of the speeder and into the house the family would settle for the night and continue to rest their bodies and souls in each others company.
The End.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom