Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Song of the Force

The second style class that she wanted to teach... sitting in the monoliths recreation of the room of a thousand fountains... The library was a jedi temple unlike any other across the galaxy... jet black and massive in size it was a dozen different temples together but also a focusing point. WIth it she could extend her battle meditation on a scale few others could reach. The robes also helped and when she had her blade thessia. She had opted for this class to improve jedi coordination... battle meditation and melding was essential for groups to improve their combat skills... she was even looking at some of the things here. In the force she could see things more clearly and it was like being in the depths of the ocean.. infinite depths of power and expansion... across the galaxy there were a thousand jedi and their tunes in the force... Avar in her holocron described it as a song... and it could be..

She could hear it and all of the others. So easy to influence if she let it but it wasn't about controlling them all it was about enhancing them.. it was about bringing their potential to the front. So she worked here.. with the jedi to better improve their chances... to make it so more could go across the galaxy and aid those who needed it bringing calmness and power. The silver jedi would hopefully become a shining beacon across the galaxy. "All are welcome." THe miraluka said it while she sat in the center of the room. THe sound of water from the fountains were there... the sound of her hair in the small breeze of force energy as she let it radiate off of herself. Senses fully attuned in the monolithic temple. While the rest was being rebuilt into a whole new temple the Ancilla, the monolith and any of the other temples were here allowing them to train.

Be careful what you wish for.
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Mahatma Ghandi

It was not something that he was planning on doing, after all Vanagor was well versed in the skill that is "Battle Meditation." A year ago, it would have made him ever curious about exactly how someone was as strong as they might claim to be. Now it was just another day "there is always someone better." It's funny how it take experience to realize that sometimes. So here he was, walking in and offering an acknowledgment to the woman who was at the head of the room and sat down.

Slowly he cleared his mind as his eyes remained open. The big man was actually looking forward to this, maybe there was a better way to go about the skill. Especially since his connection to the Force was different now.

tag: Sarianna Sarianna

resonant-staff-hilt-lit-6.png

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
0cf9376e75158d86a4aaeac9fb408128.jpg

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (Jedi Interceptor in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

Her attention came up and she could feel the presence in the force before she saw it like a beacon. the miraluka warmaster remained still in the center of the room when he arrived. "Welcome master Vanagor." She said it without making much of a show but remained there... Caltin was big and strong and known by most on reputation. "I am Sarianna Misarr the warmaster of the jedi order." She said ti and few aside from Darron Wraith had an appreciation for the position. Like the shield of the order it was a newer rank for one who went wweaponmaster and battlemaster to coordinate.... and on a battlefield it usually meant the highest ranked overseeing the others. A singular point of command. "I was hoping that others would join us but it can be taught one on one."

"Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility." -Saint Augustine

He could have corrected her right there, having once been a Battlemaster himself, the big man understood all that she had said. However, what would the point be in that? To make himself look better? To make her feel silly, or diminished? No, he was here to not only learn another perspective, but to refresh himself on the knowledge of Battle-Meditation and maybe one or two other skills or aspects of life. No, he smiled and adjusted himself sitting down and made himself comfortable.

We'll consider it their loss.

The smile creapt up a little bigger indicating he was trying to joke, or maybe be a little sympathetic (or both), values that Vanagor did not have a reputation for, but always had. In truth it bothered him that others did not want to join, though it was indicative of the Concord. Ironic though as the "Silver" Order back in the day would be all over this.

Oh well.

HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

She looked at him blankly the miraluka nodding. "Yes." She remained there and motined with a hand for him. "As a master you no doubt know the basics of battle meditation already which can help get back into it... what I have also learned is the network something Avar talked about in her holocron." The network of the force that she had used was something that... was powerful despite much of the questions. It was sort of a refined force meld as it didn't have the after effects of being almost permanent... the jedi were networked and could share information and impressions quicker... pool and draw on the force among themselves and most importantly it allowed them to reinforce their mental shields against outside influence. "It connects in a way that can be.... jarring at first but it allows a jedi master to help defend the minds of padawans that are not next to them or masters to reinforce each other, to lessen the strain of projecting your presence over an entire star system for instance to aid entire armies and navies in a battle."

"Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin

He sat quietly, listening and taking in her explanation. It was good, descriptive and thorough. He was of course a bit of a history buff and liked to delve deeper into the subjects. How Battle meditation was the ability to use the Force to coordinate allies and even entire fleets of ships, allowing them to perform at maximum efficiency, acting as a single entity with the ability to counter every enemy move quickly and effectively. Though ideal for meditating large-scale conflicts, battle meditation was also effective when employed for the benefit of one's comrades in small skirmishes, attacks, and duels. It could also be used to simultaneously demoralize the opponents, reducing their combat effectiveness. Battle meditation was used to influence armies and fleets to win battles and even wars. It was a Force ability that considerably boosted the morale, stamina, and overall battle prowess of an individual's allies while simultaneously reducing the opposition's combat-effectiveness by eroding their will to fight.

I'm reminded of Arca Jeth(a Jedi of the old Galactic Republic circa 4000 BBY) who once explained it like:

"Every soldier knows that war is more than arms and armor, every warrior carries an image of impending victory in his heart. When the image shatters, to be replaced by defeat, he is beaten. But sometimes a warrior receives assistance from an unexpected source, an in-rush of light, blasting away his fear and despair, releasing new inner strength! Yes, a war is much more than arms and armor. Half of every conflict is the will to win. We are Jedi. We must recognize that the will to win, and the power of war, are given sometimes by the dark side. And sometimes, as dawn throws back the night, victory is given…by the light!"

Not wanting to speak out of turn anymore, he quieted his tone and waited for the next explanation.

Starship: Spectre, (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

She listened to him and he got it.. he understood and when it came to the old republic there were several battle meditating jedi masters and some younger or lower... it might be rare but it was to borrow a phrase a golden age for the skill and seeing what could be done with it. "Exactly, so you understand the initial idea... Master Avar Kirss took it a step further in some cases. Combining it with a jedi meld that would make it so jedi could share their strength and think of it like a super conducting loop she is feeding them resolve, bolstering their connection to the force.. they are feeding that clarity and energy back into her amplifying her concentration and capability." She held a finger out and was making a loop. "ANd round and round it goes, doubling and doubling. As a method of connecting the jedi and influencing armies it can become powerful and reach levels Master Jeth might have only dreamed of. Certainly something similar hadn't been seen before but it might have given records are obscure sometimes for centuries."

“Ethics and equity and the principles of justice do not change with the calendar..” ― D. H. Lawrence
Nodding as he listened, it was clear that she had a similar teaching strategy to this as she went for the history behind a skill and let everything build in and of itself. It was a prudent method and worthy of respect. Not always the most effective, but in this case it was just fine, it also helped that he was here to “review”. Either way as Saryanna was explaining, it hit him that Caltin would no longer be able to use this skill himself. He may not be completely “Force Dead” to others as he was for a time, but he still could not make mental connections with other Jedi, or Sith or anyone using the Force.
The big man would basically have to be a battery.
It was just as well anyway, he was the type who would be better served experiencing the effects rather then offering them.

Tags Allies: Sarianna Sarianna

Sanctuary Island

The Jedi Holocron in the grand training hall pulsed faintly. A holo-message crackled to life, projecting a small image onto the floor of a man, clad in armor.

"...name is Brium Tallistor. A long time ago, my parents were members of the Jedi Order. I was only an infant then, but I still feel the Force. I am trapped on the planet Ragmar V, in the Outer Rim. My mission is to protect the Ragmar City trade center and the data onsite. Sith fleets are gridlocked in orbit, ground forces of Acolytes and Dark Jedi scorching the surface. If they succeed, then Ragmar V falls to the Sith, and likely this star system after that." The recording of Brium clasped his hands together.

"I don't know if you're out there. But I can feel some sort of hum. I've had this old Holocron for years, and I haven't got a better shot. You're my only hope. I used the Holocron because I remember being told a story that only Jedi can unlock these things. I have no idea if this message will send, but please help me. Millions of lives are at stake."
The message faded out, displaying coordinates to Ragmar V.

(https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/assault-on-trade-center-13.168419/)

Last edited:

She nodded and he seemed to be getting it or at least he understood what she was saying which was a plus and she motioned to a place. "Please get comfortable..." She went back to it and crossed her legs sitting down. Easy enough and the jedi master breathed and then outwards with the force expanding as she sensed and could feel the force around them both. She allowed the force to guide her mind and settle on Calton.... except he wasn't there and she was confused but with the sash it was hard to be seen on her face. "Interesting." She said it and looked at him with her full gaze focusing on it. "Reach out and find me."

"Ethics and equity and the principles of justice do not change with the calendar.." ― D. H. Lawrence

He shrugged.

I can't anymore.

Caltin went on to explain how his connection to the Force is "different" than others. Not better or worse, but "different." The big man briefly reviewed how he was "losing focus" for a long time and it was affecting him and those around him. His search for some way to treat it took him to (of all places) the WellSpring of Life and they changed his physiology. He further explained how he is now learning the Force all over again basically. He is still able to commit to the majority of his skills, but has to go about them differently and is not able to control the output of them (for example, the intended action of throwing a Mercenary resulted in the Duro being thrown across a hangar and not against a fence, or a "Repulse" took out more than he intended). There are also skills he is incapable of now. Like detecting who is who.

I can detect an energy level but can't pinpoint it, or that it is you specifically. Don't ask me how, but I have experienced Battle Meditation since then.

Last edited:

"I see so like several others in recent years you have done much the same.... interesting." She said it and the likes of Iella, Matsu, Je'gan, Jorus, Vulps, Ben, Darron had all been known to her and she had been able to feel them as they changed. "Your perspective on the force may change but the fundamentals doesn't... I would say to look upon it from a different angle... your skills are different, the way you use them but that is what we do we change, we grow we evolve. With the force a great deal more can happen." She continued to sit there. "I would say try and see the galaxy as one without sight does it is easier to discern people when you don't have to be distracted by looks just their weight in the force."

"Ethics and equity and the principles of justice do not change with the calendar.." ― D. H. Lawrence

Scrunching his facial features into the type of look that said "Okay... that's interesting", he said simply.

Food for thought.

He thought about the Miraluka and how they view and use the Force, but that was just not feasible to him. It boiled down to what he could do right now and that was ust what he said. Detect energies. If he could do that, he was halfway there, it was a matter of being able to remind himself of and think about whose energy matched to whose personage. Much like the aura of another, much like the shine of another. It would take time, but then again, nothing worth doing was ever easy. He would not be where he was if he made the easy choices.

HaHa... I would have probably been happier sooner.

I will say that so far this has helped me work on my diplomatic skills and ability to read people, well... most people anyway.

She offered a nod of ehr head to that. "Reading people can be interesting... much easier in some ways with the force if you want to read thge body language in a fight like the echani but they can be a little preachy." SHe said it and they had been looking forward. "THough even for me combat gets boring... there have only been a few who understand that battle meditation is more then just a boost to their combat prowess and coordination... even less who seem to understand that it takes skill to master and fill a room... the ones who can go over entire armies and vast distances.... is less and ones who can go further or stronger even more exceptionally rare."

Listening to her approach was interesting. It was (as always) proof that you should not assume the capabilities of someone based solely on their outward appearance (not that he did), she was knowledgable and proved quite capable. It was turning out to be a good conversation.

You said that "combat gets boring", care to elaborate?

He was not pressing. It was just an interesting statement that the big man was interested in following up on.

Sanctuary Island

Last edited:

"Sure." She said it and sat there. "Fighting is what I do, I trained under Darron as a battlemaster, I worked as a weaponmaster within the order... I have been in wars and fights most of my time since growing up in the order and it is something I understand... something I know but when there isn't a purpose behind it.. when there isn't a dire need. Randomly breaking into a fight or practicing with padawans and even other masters has lost its thrill.. it isn't pride in thinking I will always win there is always someone who will be better and stronger... that is why we train but there are few who have the immagination to move in combat. This room for example they would likely use a simple stance, strikes but not jump off the walls, not use their inertia to fight along the ceiling or even cut out part of the floor so we fall down into the lower levels."

I get what you're saying. I have been very much the same way for a long time as well.

He did not go into detail, why bother as much of his training came from "legends" in a manner of speaking. Not that he was bragging, there were also the wars and constant conflicts. It got old after awhile but at the same time, it was his contribution to the Order in the way of training and protecting.

I guess that is why I went into researching the forms, the histories of them and different types and styles of martial arts. Not for a personal measure but in a way of being able to contribute to the next generation. I started researching cultures behind the forms and the martial arts and so on. It made me a bit of a student of history in a way. I guess that is why in the old Order they asked me to help choose and teach the Temple Guard, when I was BattleMaster back then.

What he said was more "matter of fact" and no real prideful comment.

Last edited:

She nodded her head. "I can say I have never read the texts on the forms." She said it with a serious look on her face and matter of fact to match his. No pride, no boast it was just a statement as the miraluka remained there. "But it is always good to know not just what the jedi use but other groups in the galaxy as well. I know The grandmaster is key on that and there is a lot more being taught to the students to prepare them both mentally and physically... a better means to resist the darkside and overcome emotions that could be detrimental towards jedi business." She shrugged and had seen plenty to make that something welcomed. "Hopefully it will reduce the number of random padawans who suddenly were dating sith because bored."

It's funny that you mention "emotions".

Pulling out a datapad, pressing a few buttons and handing it to her, Caltin showed "The Warmaster" the information on "Saber Kata."

I guess that is why I started working on this years ago. I wanted something that took emotions completely out of the equation. The point of all of this is repetition and to make the movements so fluid that you do not even need to think about them.

There was more he could say, but the big man wanted her to have a chance to read the information. He still had the holocron.

Sanctuary Island

Last edited:

She looked at him for a moment. "I know you are showing a datapad by the sounds of it but master Caltin... I don't know what it says.... alas I can't read." She said it and looked at him raising an eyebrow behind the sash on her face. Lifting it with a finger to show the smooth skin that grew over miralukas eyes. Her white hair covering it back up when she sat there. "But if you would like to read it to me or send it to my droid it handles texts that I need to reply to in messages." THe jedi master said it while trying to not laugh but the big man was matter of fact about things and it had seemed a genuine mistake and oversight on his part... not the first one to do it as she made a habit of not mentioning her blindness hourly like some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom