Intent: Specialized Torpedo that is resistant to Anti-Missile and Jamming
Image Source: [X]
Canon Link: Proton Torpedo
Restricted Missions: None
Primary Source: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/5ee3z
Manufacturer: United Trade Conglomerate
Affiliation: Trade Conglomerate, Fel Empire
Material: Firegem-Baradium-357 warhead, TibannaX, Reflec
Ammunition Type: Proton Torpedo
Ammunition Capacity: One. It go Boom
Reload Speed: 30 min resupply while in Hanger-bay
Effective Range: Battlefield
Rate of Fire: Low
Stopping Power: Extreme
- No Guiding Systems, point and shot
- Stealth Shielding from Sensors
- Large Explosive Payload
- High Explosive Capital Ship Destroyer: Larger amounts of damage then ones average Proton Torpedo when up against Capital Ships.
- Anti-Jamming and Invisible to Scanners: Without on board guiding systems and a pressure tip, this weapon is a Dumb Round that is also difficult to find.
- Flies in a Straight Line: Without a Guiding System, this weapon is easy to predict and shoot down.
- Starship Mounted: This weapon is difficult to aim as well as requires experienced calculations, thus they are unable to be effective while being mounted to a Capital Ship.
- Extremely Vulnerable: Before launch or during boost stage weapon is highly unstable.
The Sondari Dumb Torpedo was designed by military specialist with an understanding on a reliance on Jamming Technology by many fleets. Thus the blueprints for a weapon that was unable to be jammed was created. The Weapons Engineer Thomas Sondari figured a way for a Torpedo to be stripped of its guidance system and still operate in a four dimensional battlefield. He had to get a little ancient with the methods, but he was able to produce one of the first Dumb Rockets for the Company. The engineering group also decided on reducing the fuel tank for the TibianX as once the missile left its pod, there was no way it could course correct and it dumped nearly all its fuel in the first 5 mins of flight. Once the fuel ran out, it would travel through the empty space at its max velocity till it hit its target or the onboard launch timer expired and manually detonated. Being as it was coated by Reflec, and it traveled in dead space, after the fuel was dumped it was very nearly impossible to detect through space. Due to this, the torpedo was very deadly after it was launched.
With all the extra space made by the reduced fuel tank as well as the removal of the Guidance system, a larger payload was added. It was an executive decision to place a dangerous mix of Firegem-Baradium-357 as the weapons warhead. A single Torpedo has the capability to cripple a Frigate should it be aimed at the engine. The High Explosive mixture is very dangerous to handle and unstable, contact with outside elements cause an uncontrollable reaction. These weapons were handled with so much care, Ray Shields were needed in transporting them from armory to Starship. There was no messing around with these weapons, however, they were devastating to enemy craft.