Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Planet Sondara Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

VlPER

Victory is mine!
Sondara Prime

Date: 377

The people of Voss are a tough bunch. Being surrounded by millions of beings who simply want them dead has forced every member of their society to be soldiers at one point or another. They live their lives in fortified cities on mountain peaks just to avoid being massacred.

In an attempt to find a new colony world that they might spread too to avoid extinction just in case the Gormak somehow managed some day to overwhelm them. They sent out scouting ships to try and find a suitable new home.

Eventually their search led them to a world in the Wyl Sector. The system had previously escaped detection in the past thanks to a thick nebula that the system resided in. The planet they discovered would eventually be called "Sondara Prime".

Sun: 1, Yellow Dwarf
Planet Name: Sondara Prime
Orbital Position: Outer Habitable Zone, 7th planet from the star
Moons: 2 Natural Binary Satellites, 10 Small Communication Satellites
Coordinates: Right in the middle of Dromund Kass and Etti IV
Rotational Period: 24 Hours
Orbital Period: 401 Standard Days
Class: Terrestrial
Diameter: 13,217 km
Atmosphere: Type 1
Climate: Humid, Warm
Gravity: Standard
Primary Terrain: Rain forest
Native Species: N/A
Immigrated Species: Voss
Primary Language: Basic
Government: Corporate Dictatorship
Population: 100,000
Demonym: Voss
Major Imports: Technology
Major Exports: Food, Medicines
Affiliation: N/A
Culture: N/A - The 100,000 residents of the planet are clones of the original Ana-Reh. Head doctor leading the scientific research on the planet before the Gulag plague hit. Many generations of cloning coupled with a lack of resources for anything other than research has driven any need for or desire of culture out of their "learning period". As clones, their only function is to continue the research required in their original directive. They exist in groups of 100 spread across 1,000 research facilities throughout the planet.
Technology: Modern - After the dark ages created by the Gulag Virus. People began to explore and expand once more. Those precious few ships that strayed into the system were captured by the fleets keeping vigil over it. Any advance in technology that was discovered was stripped, copied and incorporated. This way, they managed to keep mostly up to date. The surviving crews captured were all executed...

Notable PC's: Dr. Ana-Reh Sondara

History:
Shortly after the discover of Sondara Prime, the Voss began to set up the many research platforms now located throughout the planet. That wasn't before learning of the intense ionosphere of the planet. The first explorers to attempt to make landfall, had all the circuits in their ships fried as they passed through the upper atmosphere. Those ships then plummeted to the surface and were destroyed. Quickly, they developed ships with shields capable of surviving the strange phenomenon, and work continued.

Keeping with Voss traditions of security, the Voss wanted to fortify their discovery. The problem was, to properly do so would require the destruction of huge sections of land. Not wanting to risk losing any discoveries which might prove vital to both them and the galaxy as a whole. They tried to think of another way to secure their discovery.

Looking at the rebuilding work going on throughout the galaxy, the Voss hit on an idea. It would mean filing false acquisition reports to the many building committees. But eventually they were able to have a new planet constructed at the secret location under the guise of rebuilding a world destroyed in some long forgotten war. That world would become known as Onias Delta.

While construction of Onias Delta proceeded, research into the flora and fauna native to the planet continued as more and more research facilities were constructed in new undiscovered areas of the planet.

Year 425
The Gulag virus is released soon sending the entire galaxy into chaos, panic, and ruin. Many of the researchers on locations abandon their jobs to return home to their loved ones.

Year 426
More researchers leave. Those that stay attempt to come up with a new plan to keep the project going. Convinced that a discovery for the plague might be found on this new treasure trove of natural resources. They begin to develop cloning facilities with their limited resources.

Year 427
Contact with the outside galaxy is lost as the last ships leaving the system depart, and no new ships ever arrive. Without any resupply. The remaining scientists are unable to complete their small cloning facility.

Year 428
The last person outside the system with any knowledge of the Sondara Prime Initiative succumbs to the Gulag Virus. All knowledge of the project is soon lost.

Year 459
Most of the Researchers that stayed behind have long since past away. All but one facility has been left abandoned. Though each facility had its samples and research safely stored and secured before being abandoned. The hope was it would be recovered at a later date "once things had finally recovered."

The last surviving researcher sat at her desk one day, when something she did not expect, happened. Her name was Ana-Reh. While she stared aimlessly at her screen, a light on the communications station nearby began to blink. The light caught her attention and she stared at it for a full minute in disbelief. Suddenly realizing it wasn't a mirage and someone was in fact trying to contact her, she lunged across the room and grabbed the headset.

Resupply had finally come! But not from where she expected. The ships had brought a limited amount of resources and equipment from Onias Delta. With new purpose and a will to see her life work salvaged, she set to work finishing the cloning facility they had begun so many years before. With the help of the worker droids from Onias Delta, the cloning facility was soon finished. And she soon began cloning herself many, many times over.

Year 466
Dieing, Ana-Reh relinquishes command and authority to her first clone. She left orders to continues cloning till the research facilities were back to full strength, then no more. From their, they were instructed to continue their prime directive. Discover new plant and animal life. Research for possible medicinal value, and then develop new medicines. One clone would be sent to Onias Delta to oversee operations there, and continue to build up military fortifications, ships, fighters, droid soldiers, everything. Sondara Prime would be responsible for the research and development of medicines and food production, while Onias Delta would provide raw materials, equipment, and protection.

Year 467
Ana-Reh Dies. The two clone leaders decide to give themselves additional names. Whichever clone is in charge of Onias Delta will henceforth be called Ana-Reh Onias, while the clone in charge of Sondara Prime will be known as Ana-Reh Sondara.

Modern Day
An archaic looking probe streaks through the atmosphere on Voss. Those sent to investigate, recover the probe and de-crypt the single message.

Sondara Prime Initiative
Mission Status: Complete

Further investigation into the probe brought about the discovery of the probes origins.
(OOC: I assumed the Silver Jedi would very secretly send in a team to investigate, as they are in control of Voss when the probe arrives.)

Major Locations: Primary Research Station Alpha. This is the largest research facility on the planet. It it where the last survivors of the original research team lived out the rest of their days. In addition to the regular facilities, which are identical to the many others around the world, it houses the cloning and teaching facilities which keep everything continuing. The landing pad here is also able to host larger ships to make importing and exporting of materials between the two planets easier. Access to this planet is strictly prohibited unless granted special permission by the ruling Ana-Rehs.

System Features:
Both the Northern and Southern poles are large shallow seas. The rest of the planet is dominated by rainforests. Scattered through the planet are 1,000 research facilities that study the local plant and animal life. Primary research involves trying to advance the medical field and discover plants or animals that have medicinal qualities. The research facilities themselves are designed to have as low an impact on the environment as possible. Thus, they stand high above the treetops on single large support columns to allow sunlight to still filter down to the trees below. They are completely green, and run on renewable energy sources.

The planet itself is surround by an extremely strong ionosphere. Ships unequipped with advanced heavy shielding would find their circuits fried soon after entering the planets upper atmosphere. Specialized ships from Onias Delta are currently the only vessels capable of making the trip to the surface of the planet and back out to space uninhibited. Only large vessels not native to the system would survive as their shielding is usually beefed up. Even then, the ship would suffer extensive damage and more than likely be forced to make an emergency landing. Escape from the planet in the same ship would be impossible until it's shielding was upgraded and calibrated properly.

Intent / Goals:
I wanted to use this system as a new power base for the relatively small Silver Jedi Faction to build off of. To keep things balanced though. The Silver Jedi wouldn't just be granted access to all the fleets, troops, equipment and resources. I had planned to have them try and negotiate with the two clone leaders. Ana-Reh Onias and Ana-Reh Sondara would at first not cooperate since they are expecting Voss to return, not any other species.

The Silver Jedi or whoever else that becomes involved would have to convince them to become part of the rest of the galaxy and come out of hiding. If negotiations are successful, that still doesn't mean they have a brand new HUGE army. All forces in place are for the sole protection of the system and thus would never be authorized to leave.

The system though would be a secured location from which to have just about anything military and/or medical ordered, built and delivered.

I thought Sondara Prime might also serve as a good location for explorers to discover some of the local flora and fauna. Maybe even help the researchers to discover new things.

[member="VlPER"]

I'm going to request you do two separate submissions for each planet. Also, culture is not optional with a population of 100,000 people. History is not optional. I am not buying the keeping a secret. There are ways around this, such as putting "most history was lost in the Gulag Plague to outside sources" but still including a great deal about the world. If there are no major locations please try to describe landmarks and geographical interest points as much as possible.

VlPER

Victory is mine!
[member="Delila Castillon"]

All of the information you requested I have. I really am just keeping a secret till its ready. May I PM you the submissions?

[member="VlPER"]

You are more than welcome to PM me. However, I am not going to approve a planet with a blank history section. I highly doubt you were there when the planet was created.Someone had to find it. I will also need you to :

• Break up Onias Delta and Sondara Prime into two separate planetary submissions (as in create a new thread where its just one planet only instead of two like we see here)
  • Onias Delta has a population of 1. Yet it is a major manufacturing center. Even if you have nothing but droid minions producing your goods I suspect there may be more sentient workers on planet. Onias Delta also has a large number of military bases (360) so I imagine there are soldiers there within the bases, you mention nothing of the planet being abandoned.
  • Onias Delta is missing the type of sun (i.e. yellow dwarf, red dwarf, etc)
  • Ring Vistors Center requires one paragraph minimum description since its a Major Location
  • I will need a Intent and Goals for both planets. No section of the Planetary Creation template is optional and Intent/Goals is important.
  • Sondara Prime is missing Culture. A population of 100,000 people has a culture of some sort.
  • You have N/A on Sondara Prime for locations yet speak of research facilities. I require a more in-depth explanation and description of such.

VlPER

Victory is mine!

You got it! :) I'll PM you all that information later this evening. As for both planets being on the same submission. It was because they are both in the same solar system. But not a problem at all. I'll make sure to create a second thread for the other planet when I get home. I did forget to mention the star type. Updating now. Its a yellow dwarf. Main sequence star.

Thanks so much for taking the time to review my new system! And for being so quick. You guys are awesome here. Lol

VlPER

Victory is mine!

DONE! Phew. Took a while to get it all typed out, but it's all finished and updated. I sent the last PM with the finished info. Please let me know if I missed any other details you might want. :) Hope you like the planets!

[member="VlPER"]

I liked your PM submission for this planet. That I would approve without a second glance. Like I have stated in your other sub, the information is important. You may choose to leave out some of it for now, but I would like to see a good bulk make it to this sub.

VlPER

Victory is mine!

After giving your comments some thought, I will just go ahead and submit all information. Depending on how use for the planet goes, I may not have the time to reveal all details as people come across them. I don't want to slow down anyone's RP. However, I will do my best to keep the system up to date as more lore is added to it.

Edit: And updated! :)

[member="VlPER"]

Makes more sense. Like I said, there is still quite a bit to explore on your planets and build on even with this sub.

Only issue : Coordinates need to be the map coordinates or something descriptive like "One hex below Corellia" or " Just to the left of Saleucami"

[member="VlPER"]

Alright, I was wary of the army but I see in your final lines they are for system protection and not some death dealing force looking to roll over neighboring planets.

Approved Pending Secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom