Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Somewhere in the depths of the shadows [public]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The shadows where frightening to many, because no one known what lurked just beyond them.

Bast took comfort in the shadows, she used them for survival. During the day Bast would dwell in the shadows only peering from them if necessary. However, at night time Bast would roam the city streets with out a care.

One evening while the sun was setting, Bast felt a tightening feeling in the pit of her stomach. Bast knew she hadn't eaten a decent meal in a good while. She had two options, one would be to hold up another merchant and take all that he has; or go in search for scrapes in trash bins. Bast hasn't found of eating other humans waste, but the guilt of murdering a merchant lingered with in her. So Bast decided to go out in search of food among the alley ways, in hopes that the bins weren't picked up by the sanitation droids. Bast bounded from the shadows scaring a local merchant briefly. With her kine sense of smell it wouldn't be hard for her to find food. She began to sniff around the alley.

Just before Bast could reach her hand out to pick up what appeared to be dinner, something or someone had flashed by in a hurry. Which distracted Bast from the bin that sat directly in front of her. By the time Bast turned back to the bin her meal was gone. Bast became angry and decided to sniff out whatever that flash was that went by. She followed the smell to a blocked off alley way, it was pitch black. Bast could not see who ever or what ever may be located in the shadows. Bast darted into the shadows so it may not sneak attack her. There Bast lied in wait for the being to show it's self.

"I do not wish to hurt you, I'm just curious as to whom you are." Bast spoke clearly into the shadows.

Teferi's feet dangled in the air as he lay headfirst in a dumpster like a child. His tiny little green feet dangled in the air, kicking around as he was rummaging through the trash in the shadows. Behind him, he heard a voice, speaking with clarity as he continued to search for mushrooms in the bottom of the dumpster.

"Hurt me, do not! A simple old man I am, looking for scraps." Sure. That seemed normal compared to the truth - the little monk was looking for mushrooms for his portabella dinner, and the prices for such things in this neighborhood were outrageous.

" Simple old man you say, why don't you come out of hiding then."

Bast would never hurt a simple old man, but a simple old man would never flash by in a hurry. She knew that the old man was just trying to throw her off of his true nature. Bast grew anxious to see the simple old man's appearance. She also wondered why an old man would be searching for scraps in alley ways where mainly thugs would dwell.

Bast rose her nose in the direction of the dumpster, sniffing the air filled with musk. His scent smelled of upper class, there was no doubt in Bast's mind that he wasn't from around here.

In the pit of Bast stomach was a feeling of longing. She was so hungry. If he is who he says he is then maybe just maybe would Bast take his scrapes away from him. After all he did owe her a meal, considering he's the distraction that lost her previous meal.

We'll wait and see, Bast thought.

"Well, embarassing, this is."

Teferi kind of hung there in the dumpster, his voice echoing from down in the metal hull as his legs kicked up in the air, obviously in plain view - though, it was dark.

"Stuck, I am. Come out of hiding, I cannot!"

There was a maddened old man chuckle at the end, kind of like a erhm-hem!, as the old hermit thought it quite funny the peculiar position he was in. Perhaps another would help him. Perhaps the would keep going on about their way. Or, perhaps, they would still his mushrooms ... the thought was too much to bear, causing Teferi to continue to squirm against the tight hold of gravity and the dumpster in a hurried manner.

" So you're stuck you say, I don't mind helping you. As long as you share whatever ever scrapes are in there. Because you see, I am rather hungry."

Bast was trying to be patient with the old man, but she grew weary. Bast took deep breaths in and out trying to calm her stress levels, because once her stress is over whelming she can not control what will happen next. She walked over to the bin and looked down at the squirming old man. "Well old man? We have a deal?" She positioned her hand above his ankle to yank him out, unless he disagreed.

A light drizzle began from some gloomy clouds above. Making the alley ways moist and groggy. It made the damp cobble stone smell faintly moldy.

Teferi sighed a very long sigh as his upwards facing bottom began to get wet. Blue eyes peered through the darkness back at the newcomer as he began struggling against being stuck yet again, his legs squirming in the air.

"Yes, yes, food you may have if you help!"

His little green arms began to push against the inside of the dumpster in the hopes that she would drag him out.

Bast yanked the old man out of the dumpster and took a step back to allow him some room. She Anxiously awaited for the scrapes he had promised her. She Looked down at the tiny old man to see his fist was clenched around something, but the rain masked the smell of the object.

"Well, what did you find in the dumpster old man?"

Bast stood there eagerly awaiting the reward for helping him out of a jam. She crosses her arms in anger over the rain. Bast wasn't fond of getting wet. Normally she'd already be in a warm hiding place, if she wasn't so curious.

" You don't look like the kind of people who roam alley ways at night."

Bast realized that the faint smell of upper class wasn't coming from the old man. He did not look like a thug, but he didn't dress like the upper class. But he must have shelter near by. Curiosity over whelmed her now, her head was full of questions. Normally she could figure out things so much quicker. Perhaps there was too much on her mind. The streets are a stressful place to be.

Teferi's eyes blew open wide as he was yanked, giving out a bit of a yelp. Brushing his robes as he stood back up from the pavement, he looked upon the newcomer for the first time. He shook his ears back and forth, grime and dust falling out.

"Thank you." He muttered, not happy that he was now indebted to this person with his food. He shook the knapsack of mushrooms he had pulled from the dumpster and held it up in the air for her, the pitter-pat of rain dampening the bag and his clothes as they stood there.

"More food I have, yes, hm. Hungry, you are? Much company, I do not get. Feed you, I will!"

He dropped the bag for her to take and then began trotting, though slowly, in the direction of his hut in the rain.

"Out of the rain we must get, yes! Hm!"

"So you just drop it at my feet? That's the thanks I get for helping you?"

But seeing as though he had already started to walk away, she grabbed the shack of mushrooms and followed the old man in the direction in which he was heading. After all it was a free meal. However Bast was not particularly fond of mushrooms, she was more carnivorous. But in turn it proved to be the perfect time to get to know the old man.

"I'm Bast by the way, what's your name?"

The rain was steady enough to drench Bast's clothing which made them stick to her body, this entitled her to feel suffocated. Dripping wet now, Bast wondered how long it'd take for them to reach his shelter.

" How far do you live from here?"

Walking slumped over Bast began swinging the shack of mushrooms back and froth, due to the discomfort she was experiencing. :/

"Ugh" Bast let out a little sigh.

The shack wasn't far as they walked in the rain, the little green man pulled up his hood.

"My name is Teferi, Bast. Nice it is to meet you."

Through a thicket they saw his hut, and Teferi began heading through the brush - a foilage that would be much more difficult for a larger person to walk through, though the entrance for people of a larger variety were on the other side of the hut, nearest the hills.

"Come come, more food I have, and warmth."

He scuttled along.

"From where do you come, Bast?" He asked, opening the door to the hut.

Watches him put the hood over his head, wishing she had a hood her self.

"Nice to meet you too Teferi."

Bast followed Teferi through the thicket wondering what sort of thing she got her self into. She saw Teferi go through a rather small foilage which appeared to be the entrance to his place. Considering Bast was tall she had to crawl through the entrance.

"I'm looking forward to it." She said while paying a rather close attention to her surroundings. Hoping Teferi wasn't planning to ambush her.

She walked softly.

"I was abandoned here on Naboo to fend for my self. Where are you from Teferi?"

"Naboo, abandoned, hm?"

Stepping inside his hut, the small green creature began lighting various candles. It was small, Bast would have to stoop, but there was room enough for her to enter.

"From a different time, I am. Long, long ago..." The light waned, Teferi's face suddenly getting very dark, as if he were troubled by the memories. "Born into the four hundred year darkness, I was. To war, to agony. A different time it was, though, hm. A different era."

He began pouring Bast a cup of tea, regardless if she wanted it or not, and then scooched it on the table closer to her. "Have a seat, yes? Hm. Drink. Drink!"

Walking to his firepit, he put on a pot of goulash. The most delicious recipe this side of the Caves. Teferi could cook a mean goulash.

"Yes I was abandoned on Naboo."

Stooping over Bast watched ever move Teferi was making. The hut began to brighten from the candle light.

Bast could see pain on his face while he spoke of where he had come from. She did not wish to burden him more so she dropped the subject. She looked up with a soft smile on her face.

Bast sat down and began drinking the tea Teferi poured her. She should of just sipped it instead of drinking it fast because it was rather hot. She swallowed it before it could burn her mouth much further. "Thank you for the tea Teferi."

"Did you need the mushrooms for what your cooking Teferi?" Bast placed the sack of mushrooms on the table gesturing for him to take them if needed.

"Yes yes, in with the mushrooms, please." He motioned towards the cauldron over the firepit, smiling as it crackled and popped with delight.

"Abandoned on Naboo? By who?" He said nonchalantly, still rummaging around the hut for ingredients.

Bast careful slips the mushrooms into the pot that appeared to be scorching hot from the fire that crackled and popped just under it. Gazing upon the fire watching it dance Bast got lost for a moment. She quickly shakes it off and responses to what Teferi said.

"I was a young child I do not remember who left me here. All I know is I've been alone for a very long time." She watches Teferi move about the small hut. "What are you looking for?"

"I was looking for something, yes. Found me first, it has." He poked her in the shoulder with his walking stick. "Sense something of you, I do. The Force surrounds you, envelops you, emanates from you, yes."

Teferi dripped some of the mushroom-laden goolash into his own bowl and began to sit down at his table, slurping it down without a spoon, watching Bast the whole time.

"Good, good, just right, I have made this. Perfection, it is! Taste, taste."

He grinned from ear to ear, obviously pleased that his goolash had come out tasting just fine.

"Why'd you go out with out your walking stick to begin with?" Smiling. "I'm sorry but what are you talking about Teferi?... Force?"

Watching Teferi pour some of the goolash into a bowl made the pain in her stomach worsen. She stood up hunching over she picked up a bowl and poured some goolash for herself. She scuffed back to the table and sat down. She slowly sipped the goolash, it was rather good for not having any meat in it.

"This is rather good Teferi."
"Thank you" she whispered

She grinned continuing to sip the goolash.

Teferi nodded, rummaging around his kitchen/hut. It was all one small circle, so everything kind of poured over into everything else, making the hut one combination of rooms.

"Welcome, you are, hrm hrm!" He grinned, his rather large disproportionate ears flopping as he trotted around the hut doing various chores, cleaning various surfaces. "Ask you, I must - if abandoned you were, where do you stay?"

Bast watched Teferi doing chores around the house.

"You don't have to clean up on my account."

Bast thought about his question carefully.

"I stay in alley ways or the forest. Why do you ask Teferi?" She sat silently awaiting his response.

"Clean, clean, always cleaning. Stop, it doesn't. No, no no no. Always cleaning."

Teferi seemed envigorated by Bast's presence....or perhaps he was just eccentric.

"A young woman, alleyways or forest! Hmph!" The small man said, putting his dishes down. "Friends I have in the city, a place I could arrange for you."

He looked as if he genuinely cared, though they were still strangers to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom