Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Something New, Yet Old (Open)

Javek shook his head once as he responded. "I'm fine, Master. I've been hit much worse and I'm still standing."

He began rubbing his chin roughly as Nico commented on his reflexes. Javek believed himself to be quite fast, one of the only things he's gained from his late Master. But reflexes can't help you dodge everything. But through his slight irritation, he decided to take the help instead.

"Alright then. I'd be unwise to ignore the chance to further gain actual training for once." Javek stated hesitantly.

He felt like he slapped his Master in the face beyond the grave by saying that outloud. It felt wrong, yet so good.

[member="Nico Minuro Ike"]

Nico Ike Qarmast

The Wayward of Clan Qarmast
[member="Javek Tysis"]

Nico was looking at him now and gave a smile as he seemed to think about something. She wasn't going to go for more but motioned him to come on. "Well this will try and make sure you don't get hit, taught by the greatest masters in the order and passed down through a sacred rite from one jedi to another once in a generation." She said it without losing her straight face but then was laughing just a little. "Joking actually it is very simple, but most I have seen only use it to deflect with the saber and not how it could best be intended." She was moving back and securing her sabers to her belt while moving about. "Make sure all of your clothing is tight and secured. Drink some water and lace up your boots."

Javek moved closer as Nico spoke to him. He listened intently as she began speaking of some sort of sacred rite of the Jedi. He was confused. He’d never heard of such a thing. But his confusion ceased when it all turned out to be a joke.

As Nico continued to dish out her wisdom, Javek took into consideration the clothes he should wear. He always preferred tight clothes. Just not so tight that it’d make him uncomfortable below the belt of course. But once he joined the Order, he’s always thought that it was mandatory for Jedi to wear loose-fitting pants and cloaks. But that proved to be incorrect, considering the garments Nico and others he’s seen around the Temple wore.

He placed his training saber against his side and began to ponder the advice given. He didn’t quite get it enough, and was intrigued by what Nico meant.

“Would you mind giving an example?”

Nico Ike Qarmast

[member="Javek Tysis"]

Nico looked at the man and raised her eyebrows. "Examples of tight clothing." She was looking at him for a moment while securing and making her top strain a little but just so nothing was going to be flapping in the wind. Her shorts hoked up a little more like daisy dukes before she was speaking again and moving to look at the jungle. "Or an example of what we're about to do? This is the artn of movement and reflex two skills that when you use them will allow you to flow within the combat itself. In some cases dancing around the blades of your enemies and getting in for that perfect strike."

Javek squinted slightly as he noticed in detail what Nico was wearing. He understood the importance of wearing clothing that wouldn’t get in the way of being nimble, but Javek was not used to seeing a Jedi with such a revealing wardrobe. He tilted his head to the side slightly, as he scanned Nico silently.

“I hope you aren’t expecting me to wear that, master.” He said teasingly.

Before he could say anything else, he looked over to the Jungle as Nico spoke. He silently shook his head as Nico gave her lesson.

Nico Ike Qarmast

[member="Javek Tysis"]

Nico looked at him and was laughing for that comment. "Well we might be able to get you in the shorts maybe but the top not likely. We'd need to work on that." She nodded finally finished before moving and stretching before she motioned for him to get close. "Alright movement is all about the force and your body, using it to keep your muscles from straining and your lungs from not getting enough air. Breathe the force in and out through your body to create the conditions you cn continue to run and move for hours. This will also let you focus on your motions to get around and over different obstacles in your path."

Javek slowly bobbed his head as Nico continued to speak. It all made sense to him, even though he knew very little about the full usage of the force.

When it comes down to reflexes, Javek tends to use his natural abilities rather then the force, but even as it may have been the force all along, he wouldn't know.

He took a deep breathe upon hearing Nico's wisdom. "So, the force can enhance just about everything? Or just the body of it's user?" Javek questioned.

Nico Ike Qarmast

[member="Javek Tysis"]

Nico looked at him. "It can do both, if you have the skill. The force can enhance yourself and with some focus and work others who are with you but it would normally take line of sight to really work it out." She stood there before preparing and motioning for him to begin as she started running at a jog first to get him into it and she moved towards a log jumping over it as she jumped just above it. "Take it slow and set your pace."

As cliché as it felt, Javek couldn’t help but to gaze at his palms seeming as if he couldn’t believe he had such complex abilities. He followed her as she began to jog forward, making sure to keep up at a similar pace.

“Is this the part where I run until my legs fall off?” he said with a curiosity.

Nico Ike Qarmast

[member="Javek Tysis"]

Nico was looking at him as she kept moving and dropped down as she was running sliding under another trunk of a tree while hearing her padawan. "Well you could but running like this you can go for days if need be. That is the power fo the force.... work off some of that excess weight everyone dislikes. Make you lean." She said it more as a joke but turned around keeping her pace as she jumped and the force jerked. Inertia allowing her to throw herself to the side to avoid a small grouping.

“Hmm…”

Javek wondered what he could potentially do to his physical self with the force. He’d have to look much more into this skill set. This was something he hadn’t learned at all, something new, something useful.

He continued to run alongside Nico until she jumped forward. He blinked once not at all expecting that at such a time of teaching. He attempted to jump as well using the force, but only jumped half the height Nico did. Not a memorable attempt.

Nico Ike Qarmast

[member="Javek Tysis"]

Nico didn't stop but she did look back at the padawan as her eyebrow raised up. "You alright?" She said it while moving forward and motioning towards a section of the jungle with some fallen trees while she was moving to it and sat down pulling her knees up to her chest. "You are doing better then I thought you would but you should only do what you feel comfortable with padawan, running through the forest and jumping around can be dangerous with some of the pitfalls."

Javek’s eyes widened upon hearing the words. “Whoa. Pitfalls?” he didn’t expect to run into any danger, especially not from the environment. But then again, the forests on Voss had an abnormal look to it.

Almost as if a clutter of tentacles would reach out of the trees and toss you into a transparent abyss. But oddly enough, this excited Javek, the possibility of danger usually does that to the man.

Which isn’t exactly a good thing…

“Hopefully Voss won’t kill me, before any Sith gets a chance to.” He muttered.

Nico Ike Qarmast

[member="Javek Tysis"]

Nico heard him while she was sitting there and spoke. "Well a noble thought but one shouldn't seek death. Might be callous to say but if you can't redeem a sith then best to allow them to die for their beliefs." Yeah she wasn't the best but she was practical when it came to her former compatriots not wasting the time. "It is all a matter of prespective and you are going to want to practice practice. Running from the main temple to the grotto can warm you up for saber practice."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom