Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Something New, Yet Old (Open)

Voss, Jedi Temple

Javek has never set foot on Voss, not to mention a Jedi Temple. Even being meters away from the Temple, Javek felt warm inside. A feeling of warmth he hadn’t felt in years. Javek was as excited as a willing initiate on their first day.

Before taking a short detour at the Temple, Javek made contact with a Jedi Knight willing to give him training in different lightsaber forms. He didn’t know what to expect, but even so he had been waiting for this moment ever since leaving Tythe.

During his unofficial tour, he passed by the Temple’s Sparring room. After taking just a peek inside, he felt himself getting pulled inside as if by some transparent force. As he strolled inside, he took a long glance at the sparring tools set on the racks. Out of pure interest Javek grabbed one of the sparring swords and practiced swinging in the Shii-cho form.

From a professionals point of view, it’d come off as sloppy. Because of his late Masters training, Shii-cho wasn’t seen as important since Javek’s focused forms were more offensive, than balanced. He eventually stopped and placed the sword back on its rack. There wasn’t much to do alone, Javek hoped that maybe a fellow padawan would walk in on him but his hopes came to be denied.

But patience was a thing Javek had much of, so he decided to take a seat against the room’s wall and meditate until the arrival of the Jedi Knight.

[member="Nico Minuro Ike"]

Nico Ike Qarmast

The Wayward of Clan Qarmast
[member="Javek Tysis"]

Nico's body moved as she was dancing almost, her thoughts on waiting for the padawan who was going to be taught but she was going through the kata's in the room. At the far side as she let her saber gauntlets dance out with the movements. The duel snap hisses of the rainbow blades before she went up and spun making a small shield with a smirk on her face. Then she saw him for a brief moment before she landed on her feet and went down into a splits formation, she shot herself back up and deactivated the sabers while she ran over. "Are you padawan Tysis?" She said it while standing there in attire for the hotter and humid jungle of the planet. Her feet covered in wraps with thick soles, short shorts and a tank top exposing her mid section and she had her gauntlets with the saber emitters on them as well as the shielding sections. Her long hair was tied in a tight ponytail along her back.

Javek's eyes flashed open as he heard Nico's voice. He apparently wasn't as deep in meditation as he wanted to be. He looked up at her with a straight face that hid his state of confusion.

"Yeah?" He responded blankly.

Did he know who this individual was? Maybe an old childhood friend from back when?

But no...in Javek's eyes she seemed so much more comfortable here. So that means... "

"Oh!" Javek shot up to his feet, standing firm, chin tilted upward. "Jedi Knight Nico. Sorry...I was just, resting my eyelids." He instinctively squinted his eyes as he spoke.

Nico Ike Qarmast

[member="Javek Tysis"]

Nico looked at her while she stood there and set her hands to her hips raising an eyebrow. "I didn't distract you did I?" She said it with more good humor in her voice while she was motioning with her head. "Come on, I promised to help with saber skills and I do enjoy working with a saber. I hope you are ready for some fun and also I recommend you have some light clothing on padawan. The jungle is hot and you'll get dehydrated fast."

He looked down at himself, getting a decent look at the outfit he wore. A jumpsuit almost comparable to a bodyglove, only it was reinforced with pieces of Durasteel pads. Not the best wear for Voss.

"Of course, of course." Javek said as he removed the top portion of his suit, which in turn exposed his black short sleeve shirt. Scars ran across his rather thick biceps and forearms.

He placed his hands on his hip and nodded over to Nico respectively. "Ready when you are, err...Master?"

Nico Ike Qarmast

[member="Javek Tysis"]

Nico looked at him as her stripped down somewhat as she was walking and turned around offering a grin. "Alright that should help you out now come on and tell me about yourself. Won't be as fun if you are just some mysterious padawan who does nothing else. We are supposed to be an order and I did travel all the way from Cazador to get here and teach you padawan." She offered a smile getting out towards the open training area while she gripped a pair of training sabers.

Javek frowned unconsciously at the question. He wasn't quite certain on how to answer a question that was rarely asked. Although he made some amends towards the horrors of his past, he still felt vulnerable even thinking of an answer.

"Well. Um." Javek rubbed the back of his neck roughly. "It's kind of a long story. Typical answer, yeah?"

Nico Ike Qarmast

[member="Javek Tysis"]

Nico looked at him while she held the sabers and rolled her shoulders with a small grin on her face. "Well alright then, we shall see what we can do." Nico stood there off to the side though while she was looking over him before stretching her arms her hair coming down a little from its pony tail. "ALright now which forms would you like to learn more about?"

Javek eyed the pair of lightsabers for a moment, before returning his attention back to Nico. He didn’t quite know where to start. If he had the choice he’d relearn every form, here and now. But he did not wish to take up too much of Nico’s time. Besides, Javek would have plenty of opportunities to further train in forms.

“Well. I suppose I’ve been doing poorly in the Shii-Cho form. That’s honestly embarrassing to say…” Javek’s jaw flinched after those words left his mouth.

“So I’d say I’d like to know more about Shii-cho. I know it was the first of the seven forms created, but…my late Master wasn’t adept in teaching this form, so that's as far as my knowledge goes.”

Nico Ike Qarmast

[member="Javek Tysis"]

Nico was looking at him and she nodded her head to that while standing. "Alright the first form of lightsaber combat is challenging. Just because it is the oldest doens't mean you should disregard it. The intent is to use your movements and be unpredictable to disarm, attacks and parries while you move." She motioned with her hands for him to lift his blade and held one out while she was moving. The snap hiss of her saber coming while the training blades painted her in an orange and yellow light.

While listening intently to Nico’s words, Javek grasped his training saber in both hands and stood slightly defensively. He took a deep breath and rolled his neck, deep inside he was happy to be in this position once more. To learn from a true Jedi. An accomplishment that would never reach his parents ears. Never…

“I understand.” Javek said in confidence.

Javek began to focus on Nico, but left his eyes and ears open in case there was more to show and say.

Nico Ike Qarmast

[member="Javek Tysis"]

Nico looked at the saber while she was moving, one foot coming while she met and pushed at his blade. Pushing it up while she spoke. "Your zones and movements will determine how you react. A darksider will try and crawl into your head, a skilled duelist using this form will use the unorthodox to push around your defenses." She moved forward again and brought the one saber around to touch the blade. "Power and speed are important as well as creativity." She stepped back a little and held the blades. "NOw show me how you would defend."

Javek nodded silently and re-positioned himself the best he knew how. He placed his dominant foot forward sticking it flat in the soil.

He held his saber at waist level, the wrinkles in his combat gloves dissipated as he loosened his grasp on its grip.

He nodded once prepared for correction or continuation.

Nico Ike Qarmast

[member="Javek Tysis"]

Nico moved around her padawan as she was correcting lightly. A little more ground with his deet, a little higher angle with the saber but he had the form down well as she was standing there in front of him. Knowing the stance she entered while her body moved. Inertia and force energy going into each movement while she came forward. "Now defend and counter." Her sabers activated with the duel snap hisses while she moved in and slashed at the blade to try and lock them while she slashed at halfspeed to try and tap his shoulder.

Javek’s eyes moved rapidly as he tracked Nico’s movements. In reaction to her strike, Javek moved his forward foot backwards in order to gain some distance from her. He held his saber forward hoping to stump Nico’s strike. Javek furrowed his eyebrows as he focused on keeping his footing during the test, something he had issues with under immense pressure.

As he noticed Nico’s other training saber coming around, he slipped himself out of the lock twirling on his heel in reverse. He then regained his initial defensive posture and stood, waiting.

Nico Ike Qarmast

[member="Javek Tysis"]

Nico watched him and was moving again, her blade coming in slash while she stabbed lower with her second blade. She tried for his saber and his knee at the same time while rolling with it. Her hips moving as the leg came up and around to throw more into the attack as she sought to kick down on his shoulder.

As Javek tracked her next movements he moved to block the next slash targeting his lower leg but was nearly hit by the very next swipe. To get away from this attack, he kicked his legs in the air jumping only high enough to dodge the swing by mere inches.

Even through all this, he was caught off guard by the kick Nico threw and doubled backwards, kicking up soil and grass as he tried to regain his balanced.

Nico Ike Qarmast

[member="Javek Tysis"]

Nico watched him and moved a little more while she was grinning and spoke. "Are you okay?" The knight was moving around and deactivated the sabers while she was offering a hand with a small grin on her face. "You did good and you know the basics but there is the unorthodox and the surprise you wan to watch for. Some will talk you into making a mistake, some will be faster and work to make their attacks lighter and quicker to upset you. Others will be careful and wait for you to tire. You need to be ready for anything padawan."

Javek wiped a speck of dirt from his face, he lifted his head up and accepted Nico's hand. His shoulder ached quite a bit. He was just lucky that the kick wasn't aimed at his face, he wasn't too big of a fan of getting hit in the face.

"Yeah, I'm fine. That hurt much more than expected." Javek said with a smirk on his face.

He nodded as he stood back up to his feet. "Ye-Yes I understand." He rolled his left shoulder once as he deactivated his training lightsaber.

Nico Ike Qarmast

[member="Javek Tysis"]

Nico looked at him and after he was up she was standing back a little. "You look like you got hurt." She did have some concern but mostly knew that training had that danger while she training but she spoke with a grin on her face. "I think we should be working on your reflexes padawan over your saber skills. Teach you how to really dodge and prepare yourself."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom