Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Kind of Hope

The pilots' lounge had witnessed its fair share of impressive flyboys and girls in the past, and if walls could talk this room would have a number of stories to tell. It had seen the glory days of Rogue Squadron and caught them on their worst, heard the tales of spectacular successes and failures, and been the locale for a simple convergence every now and again. Somehow, at the end of it all, it always came down to four pilots and no others. Everyone else seemed to wax and wane and their convenience, never sticking around long enough to really learn what the group was about and how they functioned. Apparently there were better things to fight for than galactic freedom.

Today's goal was to change that number and hopefully persuade another to join their nigh infamous ranks. Sure, they might not have been the most well-known at that exact moment, but she wanted to change that, as did the rest of them. Their only recent claim to fame had been the attack on Coruscant, even if things hadn't gone exactly as planned, ending in a civilian casualty at the hands of the Sith but with their man rescued all the same. From that day forward there had been some kind of uneasy peace, one that was rarely broken as the war seemed to slow to a snail's pace after the Republic's loss of territory. As always, something came along to change that right quick.

[member="Jake Faron"] had come with a request to join, his home having been put to the torch by the Sith, his parents killed during the invasion of Panatha by the Sith. Her only immediate concern was that he was young - just sixteen - and she didn't want to steal his chance at life by bringing him into a military lifestyle so early. But he had persisted and so she had relented, though grudgingly, inviting him to meet with the rest of the pilots at his own convenience. Soon enough he would have to be fit to fly, because as much as she wanted to keep him out of the cockpit until he was more experienced, the Sith war machine didn't halt for anyone, let alone a ragtag resistance group such as theirs.

It was in the lounge she waiting for them to arrive, cradling a cup of caf in her hands, considering the seemingly blank flimsi on the table in front of her, the specifications for the newest hopeful addition to their roster of ships written in Miralukese. Busy work most certainly, but it was something with which to occupy her time. While she wasn't as impressed with the fighter as everyone else seemed to be, they would find a way to make it useful and conducive to their greater goal one way or another. This was just another sign that they were growing at a hopefully steady rate, able to spread the message that the Rebel Alliance was some kind of hope.

[member="Sannika Brynn"], [member="Thane Drexel"], [member="stardust"], @RA members

Ahhh the rogue squadron a name so famous that it is up there with Luke...or used to be at least

Stardust walked on in and plopped down on a seat sighing"can't even find a good place to park your fighter without having to move it"she said with a chuckle

[member="Juwiela Melec"]
[member="Jake Faron"]
[member="Sannika Brynn"]
[member="Thane Drexel"]

The cold, that was always the first thing landers noticed about space. Before Jake's planet was conquered he had never been into space and wondered if it was even possible. That day, his world completely changed. Now, all he knew to be true was space was so cold.

He moved slowly through the new building. Not out of sadness, but admiration. While this was a small resistance group, the things they had and put in their buildings were more advanced than he was use to. It all fascinated him.

He was making his way though to meet with [member="Juwiela Melec"] once again. He first noticed the lady wore a blindfold where her eyes were. This puzzled him having no experience or knowledge of the existence of the Force. His inexperienced mind had decided she must be training to move without sight. It was then he entered the room and noticed the blindfold again; was she still training? He wondered what kind of person wore blindfolds for training all the time. He also saw another woman of a different spieces all together. He had seen her kind once before, but his amazement was still present. For a long time he had only thought his spieces was the only one in the Galaxy, but age taught him better.

He moved more into the room with his hands in his hoodie pocket. He was unsure of himself or what to do and say. He nodded in a sort of bow to the both of them, but did not speak until he knew what to say.

[member="stardust"]

Oddball

This is what happens when you tap the glass
[member="Juwiela Melec"] [member="stardust"] [member="Jake Faron"]

The clone commando was in no way shape or form a professional fighter pilot, while yes he was a competent pilot he wasn't up to par for the Rogues. His talents were better placed elsewhere, mostly on the ground either commanding forces or murdering the faces of the enemy. [member="Juwiela Melec"] had seen that first hand for the ordeal that got Oddball captured in the first place when they sprung him from coruscant, Sith troopers made emergency braking systems for underground trams. But either way the clone was here to actually spend some time with his girlfriend when they both weren't covered in armor or a flight suit.

Walking into the lounge the colonel of the rebellion wore some interesting clothing choices. With a floral print tropical button up shirt with khaki shorts and sandals the clone didn't look like he was all that important or deadly. It was also safe to assume this was one of the first times Oddball had dressed himself outside of his casual rebel uniforms, it kept the illusion strong, But his robotic left arm and scars across his right forearm would tell otherwise.

"Jewel! You walking contradiction where are you!" The clone said hailing his girlfriend from the hallway.

Walking into the lounge the clone saw the woman and smiled at her, he also saw a new face to rogue squadron and simply waved at the man with his robotic arm and went to sit down at one of the chairs, he had also spotted the large green Twi'lek that was stardust but hey details. Taking a seat in one of the worn but comfy recliners the fett clone did his best to try and figure out how it worked before giving up and just looking at jewel.

"Marco!" he jested not expecting her to return with pollo.

Her attention immediately shifted to [member="Jake Faron"] when he arrived, and she flashed a smile, gesturing for him to sit wherever he chose. While he made himself comfortable her attention turned to [member="stardust"], one she had flown with on a few occasions and had found to be a just as skilled pilot as the rest of them. "I don't think we're that crowded yet. But I'd like us to be someday. It would mean we're doing something right." The Alliance had suffered enough to earn a small amount of reprieve, hadn't they? Juwiela certainly liked to think so. "At least we're getting one step closer to that, Star." It was a step in the right direction, however entirely useless it seemed in the long run.

"At work, Empty." For a moment she studied him, and though she wasn't able to perceive his form, the clothes that donned it were most certainly not his traditional wear. Shaking her head with a smile, she returned his little game, "Polo." The paper she had been scanning over was set to the side, and she considered the new arrival to the Rebels, noting a burgeoning Force sensitivity but not making any other indication towards it. "Welcome to the Alliance, Jake, and the Rogues." He was a quiet one, where most of them were boisterous or lively in some form. Maybe some time spent among the veteran members would prompt him into further interaction.

One hand reached up to adjust the band about her empty eye sockets. "What made you decide to join up? That's not to say you aren't wanted or welcomed, but we aren't exactly the galaxy's favorite people right now, nor have we ever been. You're signing up for what could amount to a life of being hunted and shot at on a daily basis, whether it's the sims or the real deal up in the skies. I won't let you fly out there until we both think you're ready, but it's going to happen sooner than later. None of this is going to be easy or fun, at least not all the time." A beat passed, and she momentarily drummed her fingers on the table. "I'm not trying to discourage you, but you need to know what you're getting into."

[member="Oddball"]

She sat down and listened to [member="Juwiela Melec"] speak to the new guy, indeed he looked quite young and seemed not used to such a thing

She right with the rising sith and stuff we've been labeled anything but good by them"she said before stretching out"course all it is, is propaganda used to sway the masses"

[member="Oddball"]
[member="Jake Faron"]

Slightly the young boy took his seat as instructed. He watched the scene unfold before him. Jake was young and inexperienced in war, but there were gifts he was born with and had gained through his years as a pilot. One of those trained gifts were a keen observational skill. Mostly used for combat pilots to know what enemy pilots were about to do, Jake could read people's moves, even slightly predict them. This skill came in handy in the current situation to pick up small clues and body language. He saw the man enter who was oddly dressed. The man had slightly burnt skin and tough skin, a man who had seen battle close and personal and came in close contact with high heat, blaster fire.

Or the guy was a mechanic, but judging by this group he guessed a soldier.

He didn't gather much from the Twi'lek as she seemed a bit short in interactions. It was the leader he was most interested in. Not romantically, but more interested on her blindfold, it still puzzled him. He was drawn to the present as questions were directed to him. He assumed his intentions were clear. The sith invaded his planet and killed his parents. "As I said, my planet is under the control of these people who call themselves Sith. I bird flying is where I excel so being a pilot seemed logical. The Rebel Alliance is the only group I learned of who fought the Sith so here I am. I know what is in store for this path, but it means nothing if everything I loved is gone."

[member="stardust"] [member="Juwiela Melec"] [member="Oddball"]

"Don't get so far ahead of yourself." As much as Juwiela appreciated his initiative, things weren't nearly as hopeless and dreary as he made them out to be. "You've got a new home with us, and a new family if you want it. There are people here that care about you, and that started right when you walked through the door. It's what makes us different from the Sith, and everybody else. In the Rebels we're family." And the Rogues were as tightly knit a group as any other. There was no way she would release someone onto the battlefield with that kind of mindset. He needed to start looking at things more rationally before she would so much as consider it. The bigger picture was wider than he made it seem.

No matter how knowledgeable he thought himself, there were things out there that managed to shock and surprise even the most seasoned individuals. But he wouldn't remain green for long, not at this rate. There were things to be done, and now he was a part of that. "I don't want to sound pretentious, but you're just a kid, and a greenhorn at that. You might think you know what's coming, but I can guarantee you have no idea. This is war, and it's a lot different from whatever movies you might have watched. Real people get killed, and sometimes you'll have to be the one behind the trigger. The Sith are capable of much worse than whatever you saw on Panatha, believe me." He would learn. Sooner or later. "That aside, I think it's about time you get your number and a ship. What kind of bird are you looking to fly?"

[member="Jake Faron"], [member="stardust"], [member="Oddball"]

ʜᴄ sᴠɴᴛ ᴅʀᴀᴄᴏɴᴇs
Kyren. No matter how many times Trystis repeated the name, it felt strange. "Kyren." The name of a rebel, of an ally of 'liberty' and 'justice'. To someone raised on Coruscant, those were foreign words. However, the words 'new recruit' he knew well enough - and if he wanted to establish himself as a member of the family, or whatever adorable monicker his new insurgent friends called themselves, he better jump right into the proceedings. Lately, it seemed that he was jumping right into more things. A great way to wind up dead, he thought.

"Hello," he said, slipping into the room. "I heard we were getting another fresh face around here." He looked at [member="Jake Faron"] sitting and chatting with the miraluka, [member="Juwiela Melec"], his expression neutral, almost expectant. From what he heard, that kid didn't even know what a 'Sith' really is - a lot to learn, but he also had an inexplicable feeling that this human might have potential - a drop of water in the cynical desert of his mind.

[member="Oddball"], [member="stardust"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom