Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Some by Virtue Fall [Galactic Senate]

Irate-Chagrian-Senator-Timeline6.jpg

"Some rise by sin and some by virtue fall"

The Galactic Senate
Special Session: Assassination of Senator Far Zhas of Duro
Julius Loghain, Lord-Regent of Kuat, personally arrived on Coruscant for the urgently called special session. Not long ago there was an attempt on the life of Senator Maou Maou by a Jedi gone rogue and now this. Anarchy! If officials were going to fall one by one like flies while the Alliance choked itself on bureaucracy and unproductive actions, then Julius knew he had to take far more drastic measures. Some might call draconian.

The corridors of the Senate were packed, the racket deafening. Fights were already underway even before the session had begun. The Despot of Kuat ignored conversations, headed straight to his platform, he would make his stance clear during the session itself.

"Honorable members of the Senate, I now call this extraordinary meeting on the subject of The Assassination of Senator Far Zhas of Duro into session. As all of you should be aware from your briefings - the Senator was murdered in cold blood during a visit to food processing plant on the surface of Duro by so-far five perpetrators. Further details of the investigation have been provided to your datapads." the Chancellor's words echoed through the chamber.

Immediately, a cacophony of voices seeking recognition exploded.

References:
News
Thread

Staff Aide to the Chancellor

070dcc34cc0c91244ded7d1a7b4fd530b4f5c9af.gifv

Coruscant + Federal District + Senate Rotunda
The Chancellor's Podium
Emmen Tagge Emmen Tagge ; Raona Cadera Raona Cadera ; Julius Loghain Julius Loghain ; Other Senators

kwzlsmL.png
An assassination attempt on a powerful, corrupt politician? The shrewd political advisor could not shake the feeling that she had been here before. Because, of course, she had been here before - when some careless Jedi tried to skewer Maou Maou . And again a couple of weeks later when Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra was nearly flambéed on Denon. Mina considered whether she had deeply wronged someone in a past life or upset some distant god with her lack of compassion. Whatever the cause, she was clearly being punished with an endless onslaught of bad news cycles and plummeting opinion polls.

"Well, at least they got this one," she muttered sourly into the luminous surface of her datapad as the other Senate Officers took the Chancellor's Podium. She gave the cue to the guards and the massive metallic structure rose into the middle of the Senate Chamber. Even from Mina's vantage at the center of the rotunda, she could see that security in the complex had increased dramatically. In every doorway leading to a delegation's repulsorpod she could faintly make out the deep blue robes of the Senate Guard blocking entry to anyone other than the Senator's and their staff. Higher up, Senate Commandos looked down over proceedings with impressive munitions. Even the podium itself had guards stationed below.

The Staff Aide began to prepare the official parliamentary procedures for opening the special session when the microphones roared to life and amplified the voice of Senate Loghain of Kuat. Mina glared out across the expanse as he called everyone else to order and her brows knitted together. "Oh, Emmen," she said quietly to the Chancellor with a smirk "you've gotten so good at throwing your voice." She allowed herself a quiet chuckle, before turning back to watch the proceedings solemnly.

The tone had officially been set for a long day of posturing and political grandstanding, all on the pretense of taking an assassination seriously and Mina was already exhausted.

if they're watching anyways
Civil_try1.png

hJJw3Ng.png

V I R T U E
Julius Loghain Julius Loghain Mina Praji Mina Praji | Senate Gang

"Representative Denko-Durren, can I get a comment on your relationship with the Silver Jedi?"
"Ms. Denko, do the Jedi have any idea what happened to Senator Zhas?"
"How do you respond to the comments Senator Nova of Corellia made yesterday?"

Auteme was assaulted by dozens of other questions as reporters swarmed her; she suddenly realized why Senators traveled with an entourage. It helped keep the media away.

And discouraged assassination attempts.

She'd never felt unsafe at the Senate Building, or really anywhere else on Coruscant (she tended to avoid the lower levels), but today there was an air of danger. The searches by the Senate Guard at the entrance had been particularly thorough; while she got a quick pass for being an official representative, the media and assistance personnel took a lot longer to get in. Even so the reporters that morning were particularly determined. The discussion on the alleged assassination of Far Zhas was a big story; some extra security wouldn't deter them.

Still, she couldn't understand why they needed her input. Of all the representatives present, there were the most reporters around her. Her, the eighteen year old inexperienced politician without an actual vote in the Senate; all because some people didn't like the Jedi.

Most days she only got one or two reporters; she often had nice conversations with the young correspondent from Coruscant Today. She didn't agree with all of his federalist-leaning views, but he never overstepped or harassed her, nor tried to get a certain answer out of her. As a representative she'd never drawn much attention to herself. Aside from the meeting after the death of Lanik Dawnstar, she'd never drawn more than three reporters on any given day.

As such, she was a little terrified when the first few approached her and started shooting questions. She tried to escape with a simple 'no comment', only to have her exit blocked by another group of media correspondents. After a minute of trying to push through she gave up. The questions only intensified; the predators had realized their prey had stopped running.

Auteme took a deep breath. If she didn't speak honestly, she knew that they would know. She needed to talk.

Talk.

TALK.

"I did not know Senator Zhas well, but as a citizen and as a representative in the Assembly I wish for his assassins to be brought to justice. Unlike what many believe my position as a Jedi does not make me believe I am the ultimate moral authority, nor judge, jury, and executioner, nor an expert on all things. I am a person. I am a citizen. When I see injustice I will oppose it. Today is no different. I will continue to represent the Jedi and serve the Galactic Alliance as well as I can. I will act ethically and equitably as well as I can. The comments of others will not change that, the situation will not change that."

The questions started up again, but Auteme raised a hand to silence them. "Your questions will not change that. That is all."

The sea of microphones parted, and Auteme walked to the Senate Chamber. When she sat down in her repulsorpod and the session began, the mental screaming died down and she reminded herself that sometimes she could be pretty cool.

It was a media circus out in front of the Senate, when was the last time they had garnered so much attention. She nodded and smiled a few of the reporters tried to come closer but the guards would not permit them that close.

"Mam, just a few words"

Faith looked over at a pair of sad brown eyes topped off with salt and pepper hair, a human male who was begging for a break, "It is a sad occasion when we must gather to discuss the assassination of one of our own, a member of the Senate. Our thoughts are with Senator Zhas friends and family, the best service we can do for him now is to bring those responsible for his death to justice." She nodded and moved into the Senate building.

Once inside she stopped to take a breath. Were any of them safe anymore? Was there a larger plot here that they didn't see? She didn't know. "Captain Stewart, please be sure to have my ship ready at the end of this session. I think we should pay our respects directly on Duros."

The Captain made a face of confusion before he could speak he made sure to wipe away any look of doubt or question, "Yes Mam, from the Senate to the Embassy, then to the ship?" He was ensuring he knew her plan, but then anyone listening would know now too wouldn't they.

"Yes the Embassy first. From there we will decide if the trip is necessary."

She slipped through and seated herself as she did so she looked about the room. Who else was there? Who was missing?....Where was that representative from the Jedi again...the one who spoke so well during the Clone Rights discussions. Faith peered about...she'd find her.

tags: Auteme Auteme Mina Praji Mina Praji Julius Loghain Julius Loghain

Tags: Faith Organa Faith Organa Auteme Auteme Mina Praji Mina Praji Julius Loghain Julius Loghain

The large Filithar slithered slowly through the midst of the media as Senate Commandos removed them prematurely. There was an intensity behind Sssar's unblinking gaze a certain ferocity over what was to be discussed. A small cohort of staffers flanked him. An enterprising reporter stuffed a recorder near him and asked "Senator! Senator! Why did you place a bounty with the guild?" a Commando pushed the reporter away as the great serpent remained silent.

Emboldened by the previous anchor another approached but this time attempted to stand before the Senator's path towards the chamber "Do you regret going above the-" the reporter was shoved to the ground before the procession mercilessly by a duo of Commandos of which one barked "Step aside!" as the reporter began to stand the Commando shoved him with the length of the blaster rifle which caused him to careen backwards into his colleagues "This is harsh behavior!" the reporter protested though the dutiful guardians proved unflinching in their resolve, a trio of Alliance Marshals in plain clothes grabbed the disruptive reporter - the shock of many - and began to drag him away through an authorize only corridor. Most likely to be booked and removed from the Senate building.

Once the group had made it to their destination and the lift hovered off the grounded rack to suspend in mid air, Sssar, looked to Julius Loghain Julius Loghain as the chamber erupted in argumentation.

Seth readied himself in the short ride from his office and apartment on West Northwest 3437th Street and Federal Way to the Senate building, a fellow Federalist senator who always arrives early to sessions had warned him of the exterior of the building; a media frenzy. He clenched a thermos of tea in his hands tightly as he gazed down below at the early morning exhaust port to exhaust port along the busy corridors.

“M… Mr. Saaliche? Mr. Saalice!” Seth’s aide,
Nadori Sulanne, exclaimed from the seat across in the transport

“Yes, hello!” Seth said reawakening from his trip Ziost and back.

“Sir you’re dripping tea on the ground.” Nadori noted, Seth quickly modded the thermos, afraid for a second he’d gotten it on himself, thankfully no sillage on the merchandise, these were his favourite pants after all. “Oh nice catch Nadori.” He snapped back with a smile, closing the lid of his thermos and placing it into his bag.

“That is my job sir.” She replied deadpan, clearing her throat, “Are you sure you have everything?" She looked down at a checklist "Datapad?” “Check” “Commlink?” “Check” “Satchel?” “Check” “Blaster?” Seth revealed a blaster from his pants pocket, “Can’t be too safe at these sorts of events in light of recent, especially with unsanctioned press outside.” Nadori nodded, the transport stopped, the window to the cockpit opened, “I’ll be round back sir, if you need a quick pick up don’t be afraid to hollar!” Captain Yeltsin exclaimed, Seth gave a nervous nod as he looked into the sea of journalists waiting to swamp them through the tinted windows.

Door opened by senate staff Seth Saalice and Nadori in tow cut a path through the sea of media personnel, senate staff doing an outright negligent job at trying to quell the ferocity of the journalists,
“I’ll be lucky if I make it out with both legs,” Seth thought to himself. Ignoring each of them and popping out the other side where senate staff clearance stood.

“Good morning Senator Saalice.” Said the senate security guard checking passes, a clear air of sarcasm in his voice.

“Good morning, I bet you guys are having a fun day.” Seth joked.

“Oh sir, you haven’t seen anything, we found one in the vents, had to poke him out with a broom like a Loth Cat.” the guard groaned. “All clear, enjoy the show.”

Seth smiles and nodded at the guard as he hurried up the steps and into the main assembly hall, he could hear shouting from inside the hall, the fun had already begun without him, up a lift 14 doors down he turned into the door labelled Senator of Azbrian, Nidori sat down neatly behind him reading up on her datapad, Seth placed his satchel on the seat next to him removing the blaster from it and placing it more within arms reach, just in case...

Jasol Dorsian

J
Objective: Attend the Special Session
Tags: Julius Loghain Julius Loghain Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn Faith Organa Faith Organa Seth Saaliche Seth Saaliche

Jasol watched from his repulsorpod as arguments erupted between representatives, he sighed and looked to his aide Lieutenant Aru, a political officer in-training as she read through her datapad on the information of the Durese Senator's death. "Anything out of the ordinary Lieutenant Aru?" She looked up from her datapad as Jasol spoke. "Confirmation that one of the assassins is a SJC Antarian Ranger although he has just been disavowed by the Concord. Senator Sssar Taszzn has set a bounty on his head as well." Jasol nodded as she spoke, taking in the information. "Interesting. Any news on the other assassins?" He asked to which Aru shook her head. "According to a SJC statement he's travelling with approximately 10 other commandos."

Just as Jasol was about to respond a Sanjini Marine walked towards Jasol. "Sir, reports from Senate security state a horde of reporters awaits outside the senate building, notify me when you're perparing to leave so I an bring in the Gunship close enough for a quick extraction." Jasol nodded. Around him were his aide and two Sanjin marines and outside of the doors to his repulsorpod a mixed platoon of marines and Senate guard stood. The recent assassinations had certainly prompted a strong response from authorities. Jasol expected no less from them.

He turned back to his side “We know where we stand on this. It seems senators are becoming targets” His aide chimed in as he spoke “Threatening the Optimatium regime should any assassins go after you.” Jasol nodded as she provided her input. “More law enforcement is needed. Crack down on dissidents who seek to usurp the power of individual senators.” He said before looking at his own data pad, reading between the reports of Kiyoshi’s attempted assassination and Far Zhas’ demise. “As for the Jedi some form of restriction is needed, from their knights to now their rangers.”

Criminal is a matter of degree...
Placeholder1.png

"Senator of Duro assassinated, Junior Senator to become acting Senator in the interim...."
- News in regards to Interim Senator Hinter Staakten

The media presence surrounding the Senate building was quite frankly impressive, and many Senators were being swarmed for their different associations with the political turmoil surrounding the recent uptick in plots to assassinate the freely elected. With a full Senatorial Guard (and a few of his own personally hired body guards in light of his senior colleague's death), the blue cyborg pushed his way through the crowd without a single breathe wasted on the reporters.

He was making it clear, that in light of recent events, he would not be reached for comment. He could still hear them clambering to reach him, but between the Senate Guards and his own personal mercenaries, they were not going to breach his perimeter, or possibly suffer an unkind response. Some of his aids were shouting for him, to be heard over the crowds.

"In order to protect Duros sovereignty, Senator Staakten will not be reachable by the public at this time. No further comments, move along!"

SFjOBCJ.png

The Senate chambers were exactly as Staakten expected, and he could feel his opportunity to grab their attention rising. Far Zhas was dead, and now as the only remaining voice of Duros he felt as if this was his moment to grasp onto the power vacuum of his passing to ascend to a higher political stage. For too long now Staakten had felt beneath the shadow of his more senior colleague, particularly given the fact that his own personal political views were... unpopular with the typical masses.

What he had to say about Far Zhas death may continue that trend, but if appealed to the right sort of people, their opinions on him wouldn't matter. He knew he was about to make enemies here, but what was a political career if not one continuous mudslide?

"The Senator of Duro would like to be granted permission to speak on this matter, considering its close and personal subject." Senator Hinter Staakten would petition the Senate for their attention.

Emmen Tagge Emmen Tagge , Julius Loghain Julius Loghain , Faith Organa Faith Organa , Auteme Auteme , Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn , Seth Saaliche Seth Saaliche , Mina Praji Mina Praji

Last edited:
Tags: Emmen Tagge Emmen Tagge Julius Loghain Julius Loghain Faith Organa Faith Organa Auteme Auteme Seth Saaliche Seth Saaliche Mina Praji Mina Praji Jasol Dorsian

Sssar remained mostly motionless in an eerie manner that only a reptile could really preform. The great form moved though when the acting senator from Duro spoke to which Ssar responded loudly, a great rasping noise sure to garner the attention of his bickering colleagues "The Ssssenator of Eclipssse ssseconds the motion to recognize the Sssenator of Duro on thissss topic mossst perssssonal." Some of the less charismatic or confident members began to hush one another or slowly wind down on their debating. It was just cutting enough, Sssar's tone, to highlight the disrespectful nature of the argumentation without the consultation of the affected delegation.

"Senator, we could've messaged your allies for support." his Nautolan chief of staff offered "I prefer thisss way." he hissed under his breath, the long bifurcated tongue flicking into the air. to be sure the most effective way would have been to privately notify those Senator's he was acquainted with who could have joined him in gracefully quieting the chamber - but the Filithar wanted the more junior members to feel the weight of the public eye. This after all was a monumental moment and the last image the average citizen of this great Alliance would need to see is that of their leadership in disarray.

The last few days had been quite the ride. Ever since the assassination of the Duro senator his office had been a flurry of holocalls, messages, meetings, and interviews. Much like his fellow senators his office had seen increased senate security and an even deeper probe into their private lives. It was regrettable but not manageable. In the presence of the Senate Kaito was still a feeble man, constantly attended by his droids with a menacing YVH droid hovering nearby...And he hated ever minute of it. But here it could work to his advantage.

The interim senator of Duro was going to speak, say something. He only hoped it was something he could use.

Hinter Staakten Hinter Staakten Julius Loghain Julius Loghain Faith Organa Faith Organa Auteme Auteme Seth Saaliche Seth Saaliche Jasol Dorsian Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra

Placeholder1.png

"The Duros are most grateful for your support," Senator Staakten began, making mental note of Senator Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn

"The death of late Senator Far Zhas is a terrible and regrettable incident, but one I think, that could have been avoided. If what initial investigations say is true, we were expected to believe that this assassination was perpetrated by ignoble Bounty Hunters. Though it must be said that at least one of these assassins has come out as a disavowed agent of the 'Silver Jedi'." The Duros would accent the phrase with hand gestures.

"This should not distract the Senate from a very real issue that has been plaguing this nation since our involvement in the Imperial Civil War: the disproportionate response of International 'Vigilante' Action being taken in favor of the Sith Empire. Citizens of the Galactic Alliance, from the religious Jedi, to our esteemed politicians have been targeted by the Bounty Hunters Guild along with independent agents. Since the War began they have acted almost as an extension of the Empire itself." The Senator pounded a fist into his palm.

"Many of our colleagues and allies within the Alliance and the New Imperial Order were taken the night the Jedi Temple was 'fundraising' on Coruscant," Though it wasn't exactly visible, the Senator rolled his red toned eyes. "Yet despite all these incidents we have failed to entice these mercenaries to our side. Who could blame them? Our laws and practices prevent them from becoming a valuable asset to us. They are restricted on what jobs they can take because they will be treated as criminals in our nation essentially on principle. The Guild wants to operate as a neutral party in the war, but due to our lack of foresight they see no means of operating for us, only against us. They are clearly effective at what they do, and money is the answer to their heart. The Guild is a business like any other, clear regulations and benefits for their cooperation will allow them to conduct their business for the betterment of the Alliance. Continue to ostracize them, and these sorts of attacks will only escalate so long as the Sith Empire exists to fund them. We need a more competitive market than the one provided by the enemy."

Let us see how many enemies Senator Staakten can drum out with such a speech...

Emmen Tagge Emmen Tagge , Julius Loghain Julius Loghain Maou Maou , Jasol Dorsian Seth Saaliche Seth Saaliche Faith Organa Faith Organa , Auteme Auteme , Mina Praji Mina Praji

Skawn Kru

Sit In My Hoverchair
Tags: Emmen Tagge Emmen Tagge , Julius Loghain Julius Loghain Maou Maou , Jasol Dorsian Seth Saaliche Seth Saaliche Faith Organa Faith Organa , Auteme Auteme , Mina Praji Mina Praji Hinter Staakten Hinter Staakten

Skawn shoveled the strawberry shortcakes into his mouth, the entire piece at one time, and chewed with his mouth open as the new Senator from Duros spoke. "I like this man," Skawn said through mouthfuls to the yellow skinned Twi'lek aide who traveled with him. She was a pretty one, but quite serious sometimes, and he could tell she did not quite like the fact that he was in his position while she was relegated to taking notes and sitting by his side. "The way he is using the death of his own Senator to further his agenda. Mesmerizing!" He shoved another shortcake into his mouth before he dusted the crumbs off of his robes and motioned for his aide to ask permission to speak.

"The Senator from Botor wishes to speak!" He forgot what her name was. He just referred to her as his aide.

Pushing forward on his hoverchair he was lifted up so to simulate him standing. He refused to stand for long periods of time so he just hovered a little bit higher. The engine on his chair seemed to whir to life as it struggled to maintain his weight at such a high position. "Botor would first like to offer his condolences to the planet of Duros. It is such a tragedy and, as the Senator so eloquently pointed out, absolutely preventable. How many more of ours must perish at the hands of this Guild before we realize that our morals are compromising the safety of not only ourselves, but, the very people we represent! We consider ourselves better than those around us, and yet here we are, pacifists who can only take solace in the fact that we stuck to our guns and did not relent. If we do not change, if we do not adapt, we will crumble like all the Republics before us who suffered the same quandaries that we do today. The difference is, we can change, and we can overcome what those who laid the foundation for us to be here today could not."

He nodded his head and hovered back down to his seat, unsure of what all he actually said, but knowing that it sounded amazing for sure.

Isn't that the interesting little twist there.

Faith was on the edge of her seat her reaction was to stand up, speak...and yet...she knew she had to think about this before reacting. She listened again on replay to what the new Senior Senator Hinter Staakten Hinter Staakten had said. Fundraisers. Others taken. And he wanted the Guild to do work for the Alliance..she almost said Republic.

This only gave her more reason to talk to the Jedi Representative. the New Jedi Order....her name...yes Auteme Auteme . Faith lifted her pad and sent a message over to Auteme. "Good Day Auteme, I would like to meet with you for a few moments, if you have the time. Perhaps during a break, or after the session" It would be cutting things close and the Captain would fret but Faith felt strongly about talking with her for a few moments.

But now this item that was brought up, to allow the Guild to operate within Alliance borders. Surely that was inviting a problem, would this not invite them to well serve more than one master putting everyone at risk depending upon the price?!

A deep breath Faith needed composure.

But did the junior Senator have an agenda of his own?....

But then the Senator from Botor spoke supporting the proposal from Duros.

A shiver ran down Faith's spine it wasn't the thought of funding the Guild Members to perform duties on behalf of the Republic, it could however be viewed as the precursor to a private army to anyone who can offer them the right amount of credits. It could lead to that place...a jump a leap...yes for certain but her mind worked that way....if you can't make clones, then hire an army. An army with no loyalties except to whoever pays them, and even thats slim. An Army that could walk through the Alliance unimpeded because they were given permission to do so.

Feth.

"Alderaan wishes to speak." A nudge and her pod moved, Faith stood up and looked to the new Senator from Duros, "Our deepest condolences to Duros, and the late Senators Family and friends on his untimely death."

Then her brown eyes turned towards the hall, she looked around trying to have attention "The Guild may seem like the answer. Allowing them to operate within Alliance space does not guarantee us any additional safety or ensure elimination of the competition. Do they have any loyalties to us? Other than what credits buy? It is my opinion that when we consider this, that we consider the other side of it too, not just the benefits we think we will gain, not just the pros but also the cons. We need to ask ourselves are we willing to live with the cons too. Do we really think allowing the Guild will stop this ? Or does it provide opportunity to them? I know will make the Guild rich."

She paused nodded, "Thank you for listening to me."

She sat down and retreated.

tags: Emmen Tagge Emmen Tagge Julius Loghain Julius Loghain Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra Maou Maou Jasol Dorsian Seth Saaliche Seth Saaliche Mina Praji Mina Praji

if they're watching anyways
The new representative of Duro's speech was a bit of a rollercoaster. At first she thought he was proposing a harder ban on bounty hunters operating in Alliance space, but then it turned to a proposal of legitimizing the Bounty Hunter's Guild. Funding them, even. Auteme's jaw dropped at the thought. Her surprise turned to frustration and anger; she almost stood up in her seat and started yelling across the Senate Chamber before she remembered herself. No, now was not the time to speak out, to get worked up.

Her eyes focused on the new Senator. The red eyes of the Duros were notoriously difficult to read, but Auteme could sense his smugness. He was searching for conflict, enemies; why, she would never understand. All she knew was that cooler heads would prevail. She bided her time, watching and listening.

First was the Senator of Botor; he supported Staakten's proposal for paying the Bounty Hunter's Guild. It was clear from the Twi'lek's appearance that he believed the Alliance to be a source of infinite wealth. Faith Organa of Alderaan was next; she advised caution. The energy in the room had begun to shift -- Staakten's impassioned words had started the session, but now things were swinging to the other side. Now was the time.

Before she stood to speak she spotted the short message from the Alderaanian representative. Auteme replied simply, "After." Perhaps a "Hold my beer" would have been more appropriate, if she had been the sort. No, she had something to say here. Alcohol was gross.

"The representative of the New Jedi Order seeks recognition," she said, standing and pushing her repulsorpod forward. She took a deep breath, finding that little light in her heart to calm herself.

"If they're going to watch you, do something extraordinary."

Just as they had outside the Senate Chamber, the words came to her, flowing gracefully out to fill the air of the room.

"I would first like to acknowledge the concerns of the Honorable Senators of Botor and Duro. I understand the instinct to bend when danger threatens to break us. Outside pressures can often be difficult to handle; tragedies can leave us in pain, struggling to find our strength in the moments we need it most.

"With his proposals I believe that the new representative of Duro is undercutting the invaluable work that our Alliance Marshals and the GADF do. Do we expect the good men and women who serve the Galactic Alliance to work alongside hired guns and mercenaries who serve no one but themselves? Worse, it may encourage some among these branches to seek better pay by becoming bounty hunters themselves, should we legalize and legitimize this Bounty Hunter's Guild." No, she never truly supported a powerful military as a part of any nation, but it was far better than hiring mercenary forces to fight and defend for the Alliance.

"I too acknowledge that the Sith Empire does not hesitate to employ such individuals. If we are to do as Senator Staakten says and entice these hunters to our side, how does this make us better than the Sith? Unsavory means lead to unsavory ends. As Senator Organa so diplomatically pointed out, it is doubtful that these hunters will offer any assurances to their loyalties.

"Further, ignoring the fact that there is yet no evidence of Guild involvement in the late Senator's death, is Senator Staakten proposing we legitimize and pardon the colleagues of his predecessor's potential assassins? While many may romanticize stories of bounty hunters with noble intentions and codes of honor, we cannot lose sight of the fact that so many are criminals even without the laws against bounty hunting. Assault, abuse, murder -- these are things we should not, cannot, overlook.

"Unlike what the Honorable Senator of Botor would have you believe, being unwavering in the face of evil is not a weakness but a strength. The morals of this nation should not be abandoned because we feel threatened or unsafe. Change can be a good thing, yes, but what you propose is not the change that we need." Her eyes focused again on the representative from Duro.

"You forget who you represent, Senator. Your people are in pain. They cry out for justice. You should not take this session to push for political gains or use your predecessor's position to push a new agenda. We are here to ensure that your people's suffering can end in peace, that Far Zhas can be laid to rest, and that justice prevails in this chamber and in all corners of the Alliance." Her gaze lingered a moment longer before turning back to the representatives gathered in the Senate.

"I believe that the best steps towards these goals are not to legitimize criminals, but rather, to find those responsible for the assassination of Far Zhas and to arrest them for their crimes. That is why we are here, after all. Wide policy changes to account for a single incident is a foolish way to govern. Let us focus on what we can do now.

"Whatever your political leaning, we must agree that we are here to uphold truth, justice, and freedom for all citizens. For without our morals," a glance to Senator Kru, "we will crumble like all the Republics before us.

"I yield the floor."

Seth gave perhaps half of one of his ears to the “honourable” Senators of Duros and Botor, greedy, corrupt, corporatists he’d read all about Senator Staakten’s record and was amazed that slimo managed to wiggle his way onto perhaps their system's most powerful seat. He had heard what they were going to discuss but frankly he wasn’t interested with them being the ones putting it forward. As the Jedi representative began to speak to speak it struck a nerve, how could a member of the Jedi lecture the senate about security when a member of their sister order orchestrated an attack on a legitimately elected senator, Seth slammed his fist down, ear startling Nadori as he pushed his repulsorpod forward, speaking up as to gather the assembly’s attention,

“I, Seth Saalice, Senator of Azbrian seek recognition.” His gaze circled the room before meeting those of Auteme’s, “Honourable representative Auteme you choose to lecture the to the senate about Justice and to argue against the Senator of Duro’s movement and yet out of every person in this room you may have the most singular sway to change things and you you and your order don't, we do not need to hire bounty hunters as government agents for we have the Jedi and yet where are the results?” Seth noted sarcastically, tapping his fingers on his screen, “One dead senator? I do not support Senator Staakten’s motion to outsource official Galactic Alliance military work to bounty hunters and mercenaries as it stands but I also believe that if anybody in this senate doesn’t support Senator Staakten’s motion the shouldn’t support the full integration of the Jedi Order for the same reason. the guild only exists out of the corruption so deeply rooted in this democracy and are a correlation not a causation, when unemployment is high and the economy is sour, lower class people are forced to crime as means of credit. My world exists on the border of the worlds ruled by Denon, I stand before you as Azbrian's Senator with a promise to end this corruption; I say why water the weed in the garden when we can attempt to unearth it and invest our governments credits further into those who need our help the most.”

Seth paused for a moment, perhaps for dramatic effect, “That being said, my mentioning of the Jedi earlier came with a point, we shouldn’t have to outsource our defence and security, period. Be it, mercenaries for humanitarian reasons and Jedi to maintain secularity and centralized democratic order. Our top priority should be our citizens and our troops first and foremost and patronage to an ancient order second, our strength as a governmental body is our right to give our people are freedom and independence to do what they chose, unlike The Sith Empire, these are the benefits of a secular society, and I intend to keep it that way, if they Jedi were truly servants of the Alliance they wouldn't need a seat in this assembly they'd be out on the front lines with our troops. The Jedi are not what they once were I’m afraid, perhaps the corruption of the galaxy has finally caught up with them, and I for one believe the death of Senator Zhas is the amalgam of that.” Seth bowed and took a sigh of relief before glaring at Representative Auteme, before giving an apathetic and vaguely mournful shrug.

Auteme Auteme Emmen Tagge Emmen Tagge Faith Organa Faith Organa Hinter Staakten Hinter Staakten Jasol Dorsian Julius Loghain Julius Loghain Maou Maou Mina Praji Mina Praji Skawn Kru Skawn Kru Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn

"Botor would first like to offer his condolences to the planet of Duros. It is such a tragedy and, as the Senator so eloquently pointed out, absolutely preventable. How many more of ours must perish at the hands of this Guild before we realize that our morals are compromising the safety of not only ourselves, but, the very people we represent! We consider ourselves better than those around us, and yet here we are, pacifists who can only take solace in the fact that we stuck to our guns and did not relent. If we do not change, if we do not adapt, we will crumble like all the Republics before us who suffered the same quandaries that we do today. The difference is, we can change, and we can overcome what those who laid the foundation for us to be here today could not."
"Alderaan wishes to speak." A nudge and her pod moved, Faith stood up and looked to the new Senator from Duros, "Our deepest condolences to Duros, and the late Senators Family and friends on his untimely death."

Then her brown eyes turned towards the hall, she looked around trying to have attention "The Guild may seem like the answer. Allowing them to operate within Alliance space does not guarantee us any additional safety or ensure elimination of the competition. Do they have any loyalties to us? Other than what credits buy? It is my opinion that when we consider this, that we consider the other side of it too, not just the benefits we think we will gain, not just the pros but also the cons. We need to ask ourselves are we willing to live with the cons too. Do we really think allowing the Guild will stop this ? Or does it provide opportunity to them? I know will make the Guild rich."

She paused nodded, "Thank you for listening to me."

She sat down and retreated.

tags: Emmen Tagge Emmen Tagge Julius Loghain Julius Loghain Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra Maou Maou Jasol Dorsian Seth Saaliche Seth Saaliche Mina Praji Mina Praji
"The representative of the New Jedi Order seeks recognition," she said, standing and pushing her repulsorpod forward. She took a deep breath, finding that little light in her heart to calm herself.

"If they're going to watch you, do something extraordinary."

Just as they had outside the Senate Chamber, the words came to her, flowing gracefully out to fill the air of the room.

"I would first like to acknowledge the concerns of the Honorable Senators of Botor and Duro. I understand the instinct to bend when danger threatens to break us. Outside pressures can often be difficult to handle; tragedies can leave us in pain, struggling to find our strength in the moments we need it most.

"With his proposals I believe that the new representative of Duro is undercutting the invaluable work that our Alliance Marshals and the GADF do. Do we expect the good men and women who serve the Galactic Alliance to work alongside hired guns and mercenaries who serve no one but themselves? Worse, it may encourage some among these branches to seek better pay by becoming bounty hunters themselves, should we legalize and legitimize this Bounty Hunter's Guild." No, she never truly supported a powerful military as a part of any nation, but it was far better than hiring mercenary forces to fight and defend for the Alliance.

"I too acknowledge that the Sith Empire does not hesitate to employ such individuals. If we are to do as Senator Staakten says and entice these hunters to our side, how does this make us better than the Sith? Unsavory means lead to unsavory ends. As Senator Organa so diplomatically pointed out, it is doubtful that these hunters will offer any assurances to their loyalties.

"Further, ignoring the fact that there is yet no evidence of Guild involvement in the late Senator's death, is Senator Staakten proposing we legitimize and pardon the colleagues of his predecessor's potential assassins? While many may romanticize stories of bounty hunters with noble intentions and codes of honor, we cannot lose sight of the fact that so many are criminals even without the laws against bounty hunting. Assault, abuse, murder -- these are things we should not, cannot, overlook.

"Unlike what the Honorable Senator of Botor would have you believe, being unwavering in the face of evil is not a weakness but a strength. The morals of this nation should not be abandoned because we feel threatened or unsafe. Change can be a good thing, yes, but what you propose is not the change that we need." Her eyes focused again on the representative from Duro.

"You forget who you represent, Senator. Your people are in pain. They cry out for justice. You should not take this session to push for political gains or use your predecessor's position to push a new agenda. We are here to ensure that your people's suffering can end in peace, that Far Zhas can be laid to rest, and that justice prevails in this chamber and in all corners of the Alliance." Her gaze lingered a moment longer before turning back to the representatives gathered in the Senate.

"I believe that the best steps towards these goals are not to legitimize criminals, but rather, to find those responsible for the assassination of Far Zhas and to arrest them for their crimes. That is why we are here, after all. Wide policy changes to account for a single incident is a foolish way to govern. Let us focus on what we can do now.

"Whatever your political leaning, we must agree that we are here to uphold truth, justice, and freedom for all citizens. For without our morals," a glance to Senator Kru, "we will crumble like all the Republics before us.

"I yield the floor."
“I, Seth Saalice, Senator of Azbrian seek recognition.” His gaze circled the room before meeting those of Auteme’s, “Honourable representative Auteme you choose to lecture the to the senate about Justice and to argue against the Senator of Duro’s movement and yet out of every person in this room you may have the most singular sway to change things and you you and your order don't, we do not need to hire bounty hunters as government agents for we have the Jedi and yet where are the results?” Seth noted sarcastically, tapping his fingers on his screen, “One dead senator? I do not support Senator Staakten’s motion to outsource official Galactic Alliance military work to bounty hunters and mercenaries as it stands but I also believe that if anybody in this senate doesn’t support Senator Staakten’s motion the shouldn’t support the full integration of the Jedi Order for the same reason. the guild only exists out of the corruption so deeply rooted in this democracy and are a correlation not a causation, when unemployment is high and the economy is sour, lower class people are forced to crime as means of credit. My world exists on the border of the worlds ruled by Denon, I stand before you as Azbrian's Senator with a promise to end this corruption; I say why water the weed in the garden when we can attempt to unearth it and invest our governments credits further into those who need our help the most.”

Seth paused for a moment, perhaps for dramatic effect, “That being said, my mentioning of the Jedi earlier came with a point, we shouldn’t have to outsource our defence and security, period. Be it, mercenaries for humanitarian reasons and Jedi to maintain secularity and centralized democratic order. Our top priority should be our citizens and our troops first and foremost and patronage to an ancient order second, our strength as a governmental body is our right to give our people are freedom and independence to do what they chose, unlike The Sith Empire, these are the benefits of a secular society, and I intend to keep it that way, if they Jedi were truly servants of the Alliance they wouldn't need a seat in this assembly they'd be out on the front lines with our troops. The Jedi are not what they once were I’m afraid, perhaps the corruption of the galaxy has finally caught up with them, and I for one believe the death of Senator Zhas is the amalgam of that.”

Placeholder1.png

Eclipse, Botor, Azbrian... The Senator's mind logged in information important to him for later use to a cybernetic datahub in the back of his head, courtesy of iBorg. He made a note of Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn being receptive to allowing him to speak, the outright support of Skawn Kru Skawn Kru , and the potential for goals to be aligned in regards to Jedi matters with Seth Saaliche Seth Saaliche . The expected opponents reared their heads, and the Interim Senator couldn't have been happier with their choice of words.

"Duro would like to issue a reply to its opposition," The Senator called out and awaited to be given the floor.

"Firstly, Duro recognizes Botor's steadfast support."
He nodded and gestured towards the portly blue Senator, I will have use of you, he thought to himself.

"To Honorable Alderaan, your concerns are noted. Though, I am forced to ask why shouldn't a business be rich? How much loyalty do you think our troops would have if we didn't pay them adequately for their invaluable services? Are they expected to hunt down fugitives of the law across the galaxy and cause potential political incidents in foreign nations? I say we can buy the Guild's loyalty, and they can do the dirty work of apprehending our political enemies across borders as has already been done to us to great effect."

"To the all too young 'New Jedi Order' Representative,"
The Duros scowled visibly, "A bold accusation you've put forward. Would you rather the sole legal representative for Duro in the Senate to be silent in the aftermath of its Senior Senator's assassination by unregulated independent Bounty Hunters? Perhaps you wish you could trick my mind from all the way over there? You will learn in whatever future your political career holds, that what sounds like a slimy agenda to you, is another mans justice. The voice of Duro will be heard, Jedi, and do not pretend that your 'clairvoyance' is the only thing that can hear the cries of suffering. I was elected as freely as any of the Senator's here, it is no fault of mine that my senior colleague is no longer with us to voice his opinion on the causes of his death, and to be the words of our constituents. His death is irrelevant to my proposal, merely a catalyst for this long over due discussion, and only the latest in a long line of catalysts at that. Hardly a 'single incident', as you put it."

Pausing only to drink some water, he continued, "I say that the suffering of Duro will not end until we find the most effective means of apprehending the ones responsible for Far Zhas' death. You may have a difference of opinion, but a third party unassociated with our nation is the most effective means of apprehending them should these fugitives have managed to escape our territory despite GADF and our Alliance Marshal's best efforts. They can move and operate in places we cannot, and can expend their own independent resources while we focus our efforts and resources elsewhere, like winning a war."

"Lastly, to the credit of Azbrian, while we do not agree on the topic of Vigilante Regulation, I highly respect your position on the matter of so called 'Jedi integration'. Let it not be forgotten that among those who killed Senatar Zhas was a least one agent of the Jedi. Should all Jedi who partake in their 'peace-keeping' ventures not be held to the same standard of all Vigilante Justice? What is being done to ensure that the Jedi are not allowed to run rough-shod over the law, as in this case?"
Senator Staakten finished with his question, satisfied that the Jedi presented a wonderful opportunity to weaken and discredit her own position.

The proverbial rancor in the room revealed itself in Senator Hinter Staakten Hinter Staakten the skills of the Jedi and what their role should truly be within the Alliance. This as a debate that she had heard once before. oh by the goddess how the galaxy kept coming around and around things that were said before were once again.

It only showed her that no one learned from the lessons of history.

She nodded when he addressed Alderaan. She chuckled when he said that the Guild could be bought, that the hunters would cross borders to get fugitives. If he only knew how many fugitives actually paid higher wages and that was another reason why they remained fugitives and why Hunters would not always be reliable. Yes contracts were contracts and were legally binding. But there were loop holes if one looked.

Then he stomped on Auteme Auteme . She felt her defenses rise up not only for Auteme but for all Jedi who died in service to their order and to the side of light and her idea of what was good.

Control....she looked to her tips of her shoes gathering her thoughts.

She stood up, "Alderaan asks for recognition to speak" She looked to Senator Staakten, "Let me answer your question"

"It is not that a business should not allowed to be rich that is why businesses are established. It is that while the Guild offers services based on contracts and the premise that all contracts are iron clad. But are they? It seems like a simple fix, hire bounty hunters they will get the job done. They might, they might not and the Alliance will still be in the same position. Everyone wants resolution and to feel something is being done."

Faith shifted her weight to try and make herself seem a bit taller. Would she now wade into the water that was slowing heating up in the room. It wasn't just the death of a Senator anymore.

She looked from Senator Staaken to Senator Seth Saaliche Seth Saaliche to let him know she had heard him and wanted to add her own thoughts about the Jedi.

"Many Jedi have died fighting in roles for governments like ours. They possess talents that are unique, helpful and feared by those that do not possess such skills. I can understand why many would mistrust them, especially after all that has happened. But considering how many Jedi there are, and what their abilities are if they wanted to ride rough-shod of the laws of the Alliance...could we stop them? But they have not, at any time done so they have served, and stood by our sides through all things. But IF, and I say that word with great emphasis, IF there are Jedi that are plotting the demise of senators and other government officials for some cause that we have not identified or it could be that someone is making it look like the Jedi are plotting and killing to discredit them and end our relationship. Perhaps the Jedi are key to our discovering the truth. But either way if it is possible. I suggest we work with the Jedi Leadership to find out. I'm sure they are as concerned as this body is."

Julius Loghain Julius Loghain Emmen Tagge Emmen Tagge Jasol Dorsian Maou Maou Mina Praji Mina Praji

Last edited:

Y U N G _ A D M I R A L

// LOCATION //: Senate Building, Federal District, Courscant
// OBJECTIVE //:
// SENATE TAGS| Julius Loghain Julius Loghain Faith Organa Faith Organa Hinter Staakten Hinter Staakten Seth Saaliche Seth Saaliche Auteme Auteme Jasol Dorsian Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn Mina Praji Mina Praji Skawn Kru Skawn Kru

Admiral Lord Zahara Myneto of Balmorra was the only member of the Galactic Alliance Defense Force to be seen walking the steps which lead to the Senate Building. His hands rested together behind his back as he entered, immediately flanked by twin Senate Guards, attempting to protect him from the fights and demonstrations that had begun inside.

His head hung low as he made his way to the as he made his way to the Rotunda, frowning as almost literal chaos ensued around him. "We fought for this? We fought to tear ourselves to peaces?!" His voice swelled with anger as he addressed a young man, who seemed to be a juvenile, fighting for what he believed to be the right course of action.

The man shook his head but before he could speak Zahara abruplty cut him off. "Go home. Watch this from your apartment. Consider everything the Senators have to say. Stay indivisible from the dream and soar" The man scurried away from the building, the words of the Corellian Admiral saving him from incarceration.

He continued his trek, and as several Guards saluted him, he replied in turn, bowing in thier direction as a show of respect, and finally he reached the Senate Rotunda.

"Senator's of the Galactic Alliance, I am Admiral Lord Zahara Myneto and by invitation of the Chancellor and many Senators within this assembly, I offer my advice as requested. The Jedi have been labeled many things in their past and unfortunately, they still are. Traitors. Self-Proclaimed Gods. But we have a chance to stop that, but my question to you is simply...how tight of a leash can you expect to put them on before they choke to death"

His hands raised to symbolize he was asking the entirety of the Senate the question.

"You cannot judge an organization based upon the actions of the few! We are a democracy! The Jedi are citizens of the Alliance however, the individual who killed the Senator in question deserved to be punished. Not the entirety of the Order"

As usual the senate turned into grounds of senators trying to shove their personal agenda. Was Loghain equally guilty? Yes. When was he not shoving his personal agenda? Never. But right now, even to the extreme populist from Kuat, the safety of its establishment was under great risk and dealing with that was top priority.

"Honorable Chancellor Kuat seeks recognition." the Lord-Regent said and continued. "Senator Staatken, my condolences to you and to the people of Duro for the loss. Nonetheless, the senate has convened under emergency circumstances. This is not a session hearing for the machinations of the Jedi Order, nor regarding Bounty Hunter's regulatory policies of the Alliance. This is a session about an assassination of a senator. The perpetrator has been identified as Tulan Kor, former Galactic Alliance commando and, presently, a disavowed Antarian Ranger. The Concord was quick to disown the assassin but how have they not been aware? We have been paying billions in aiding them in their security, especially against the Bryn'adul and their intelligence services are this poor?! I do not believe it. There's much more at play here, Honorable Senators and we should take this step by step. Kuat suggests we commission an immediate task force to hunt down Tulan Kor and other perpetrators. Justice must be served or we will reveal ourselves as weak to our rivals, easy prey. On top of that, the Alliance should firmly bring in the Concordian diplomatic mission for questions. It is imperative, especially at this time, to really discover who our friends and who our foes are."

He leaned back on his walking stick.

Zahara Myneto Zahara Myneto Faith Organa Faith Organa Hinter Staakten Hinter Staakten Seth Saaliche Seth Saaliche Auteme Auteme Jasol Dorsian Maou Maou Skawn Kru Skawn Kru Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn Mina Praji Mina Praji

Jasol Dorsian

J
Objective: Attend the Special Session
Tags: Julius Loghain Julius Loghain Zahara Myneto Zahara Myneto Faith Organa Faith Organa Hinter Staakten Hinter Staakten Seth Saaliche Seth Saaliche Auteme Auteme Maou Maou Skawn Kru Skawn Kru Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn Mina Praji Mina Praji

Jasol listened as each Senator spoke. Each seemed to push forward some form of Agenda, whether that be justice or regulation of the order. After hearing each side provide their argument Jasol was set on his views of the situation. He stood up walking to the front of his repulsorpod and spoke. "The Senator of Sanjin seeks recognition." he said before continuing. "Sanjin agrees with the words of the Lord Regent, we have been brought together for this session to discuss what is to be done on the perpetrators of Far Zhas. While attracting bounty hunters and regulating the Jedi order, a motion which I support, may provide some assistance in curving the recent violence against Senators those solutions take time and we need to act now."

Once his initial message had sunk in he continued. "We need to give off a strong message, a message which shows to those who dare attempt to usurp all that has been built by the Alliance that their actions have consequences. Lanik Dawnstar was given a full Jedi burial and in my opinion let off easily after his attempted assassination of Senator Maou Maou and we must not make the same mistake we did then with this Tulan Kor. We must hunt him down and bring him to justice, put him on trial for his crimes and punish him for it. As for our Silver Jedi allies I agree they must be investigated for their involvement in this affair. I second Lord-Regent Julius Loghain Julius Loghain 's immediate solutions to the issue and call on my fellow senators to follow suit. We must act now and once we have warded off other would be assassins then can we begin implementing larger and long term changes."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom