Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Solito Negotium

Mygeeto
Natalie wasn't against selling to people on an equal scale to her. That's why when she heard of Cerberus, something that sounded like a security company but was much, much more after some further research, she decided to see if she could use her corporate persuasiveness on somebody who's main goal in life wasn't to suck money out of the unsuspecting consumers to make money, at least that's what she thought

As far as she could tell, they were a band of mercenaries, and everybody knows that mercenaries are a company's best friend. It was like a match made in heaven. Endless amounts of people without a moral code to be hired out by a dystopian and corrupt bureaucracy completely legal corporation, who could keep the cash flowing and ensure almost permanent payment. Meanwhile, they didn't need to have a standing army or pay them a regular income, and they could be dismissed without labour unions getting all up in your metaphoric grill.

As always, contracts started with lengthy wording and official sounding names, so Natalie sent one through her A.I, Melody.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: [member="Alexander Ontonas"]

Hello Mister Ontonas,

IMF would be interesting in securing investment from your organisation in exchange for discounted or completely free excess stock from our production lines.

Please find attatched the appropriate location and R.S.V.P if you will be availible to attend.

Have a fabulous day.

Attatched map: Pleasure Tower (Intergalatic Monetary Fund Headquarters. Click here for directions)

-Melody (melody@imf.com),
The best bot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A simple affirmation ping had been sent back in lieu of a proper reply. Alexander valued conversation in person far more than any pleasantries that could be exchanged over the holonet.

The trip had been longer than he'd hoped, but shorter than he'd expected. The fleet amassing at the galaxy's southern quarter was many light years away from the northern Mygeeto, but then the extra time had given him some room to think.

"You think I made the right call?" Calloused fingers pressed into his temples as he stepped out of the shower. Stanley's modulated voice rumbled through the room's loudspeaker.

"I think you made the best choice available to you. I'm not a fan of indentured servitude either Alex, but we have to make concessions to keep the Trandoshans placated." The AI's emerald form materialized on one of the holopanes lining the walls. Stanley had chosen to project himself as an amorphous cube-like structure this time. Alexander recognized it as his way of expressing frustration.

"I'm outlawing it once we're established."

"I'd be worried if you didn't."

Alexander snorted. "Who is this woman we're going to meet?"

Stanley's cube form shifted its upper lines in imitation of a shrug. "I've heard a few bad rumors, but the record seems mostly clean. She's pretty."

A towel was drawn about his form as Alexander stepped up to a mirror. His eyes, normally bright and alert, were now lined and tired. He ran a hand over his shaven scalp and sighed. "All the rich people are pretty. Aesthetics don't mean much when you can buy a new face."

Stanley chuckled as the ship set down on Mygeeto.

-------

Clad in his plate war-gear and a long cloak emblazoned with the wolf's head of Cerberus, Alexander strode into the so called 'Pleasure Tower.' His helmet was belted to his side, revealing a pale face that might have been patrician before the broken nose and the various other defects that came with a life of war.

A secretary showed him the way, and Alexander was quickly hurried away to Miss LaForte's chosen place of meeting.

Upon arrival, Alexander simply nodded and smiled. "Hello, I'm Alexander Ontonas. I represent Cerberus."

[member="Natalie LaForte"]

Natalie would appear from an elevator shaft as Alexander entered, the reception would be rather dimly lit and would only have one member of staff, her sister Carina, sitting down and looking busy (despite not actually doing any work if Alexander was paying close attention). After a few muffled groans she's place her leg at a right angle to the other and put her arms behind her head, clearly giving up on pretending to do something.Natalie would then proceed to do her standard shtick of walking over and introducing her various titles to the man.

"Natalie LaForte, Chief Executive Officer and Founder of the Intergalactic Monetary Fund and primary shareholder in the Trade Federation. Alexander, correct? What a pleasure to be of your acquaintance. That's my sister," pointing over to her, while Carina would wave back. "and since she's not doing anything important, she can join us." Giving a sarcastic grin to her. Reluctantly, Carina would make her way to the elevator that Natalie had just exited, and she would follow behind gesturing for [member="Alexander Ontonas"] to follow. If he did, then they would begin to move up the various levels of the buildings.

"So, while we wait for this thing to transport us faster and to save my sanity from this infinite looping elevator music, tell me a little bit about Cerberus."

If Alexander took away nothing else from this meeting, it was that the two girls weren't ones for moving slowly. He had a few moments to blink at Natalie before he was rising from his seat, and being ushered into one of the building's elevators.

"That's me," he answered as she asked of his name. A few moments of droning elevator music passed before Natalie spoke up once again. This time, Alexander actually had something worthwhile to say. "We're a rather large gathering of mercenaries and others of a similar kind that deal with just about anyone in the galaxy. Our worlds serve as a neutral port for any fleet in the galaxy, so long as they pay of course, and our armies are for hire whenever they're available."

Slate colored eyes flickered from Natalie to her sister. Alexander smiled.

"We're made up of combat veterans from across the galaxy. I was a commando in the Republic back in what seems like a lifetime ago." He glanced down to Natalie, "Now I spend most of my time in meetings like this. I'm the captain of the largest warship in the fleet, so I get the envious task of speaking with representatives from our clientele."

A brow was raised. "Sound interesting?"

[member="Natalie LaForte"]

"Very. I must admit, I did always find men in uniform rather cute." The elevator dinged and the doors opened, revealing a pristine white office that actually looked like it hadn't been used in quite some time, or indeed at all.

"Now you mentioned you were a mercenary, so I'm assuming your company is paid very handsomely for the work you do. Specifically, IMF is interested in securing funding from your organisation in order to pursue endeavors in other departments, such as our new clothing line, although I'm sure a captain like yourself wouldn't be interested. Specifically, we produce a multitude of droids and droid starships, including gunships, fighters and personal vessels for both military and civilian use. I suppose that leaves you wondering, what do you have to do for us in order for access to our exclusive stock?"

She paused intentionally, and even if he tried to speak she would simply start again.

"Well, we require a monthly payment of around 10000 credits, which would give all of your organisation's members access to our marketplace, enabling them to receive all of our restricted and general items for 0% of the original cost, and any discontinued products at a cost of around 80% of the original. In addition, we would like to be publicly advocated as a sponsor for Cerberus. Good, no?"

[member="Alexander Ontonas"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom