Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sole Ruler

"The road to hell is paved with nothing but good intentions, Lady Monroe," Betna said with a shrug, repeating a phrase he'd once heard years ago on a planet far, far away. Instead of action, it seems political debate was desired.

"As for the darkness in all of us... Regardless of the veracity of such a generalized statement, that's not the issue at hand here," he jabbed a finger at the floor, signifying the chamber and those within it. "The issue at hand is the schism that has now been broadened by Isley's claim and the choices now apparent for all of the Alore in the council. The 'brink' is not yet reached, but your warning is appreciated. We've been on the brink of annihilation many times before, sometimes as a part of a whole galaxy facing such a threat, but a little political schisming, while a definitive threat, does not mean everything everyone has worked for will fall apart. At the end of the day, there will always be Mandalorians. We're an idea, Lady Monroe. We're spread throughout the galaxy and are united by our culture and way of life. Ideas survive, even if the original thinker does not."

"Our people are fractured, yes, and there is a divide now widened by Isley's claim. A bridge for the gap would be a wonderful development, but sitting here debating the proper philosophical routes and discussing Alor Verd's good intentions and perceived hopes will not give us the tools to bridge that gap. We need action, not arguments. However, you do have a solid point and one that we should explore. An envoy should be sent, one the council can trust. Perhaps even a small number of Alors themselves could make the journey. I'll admit, my hopes do not rest on the success of an envoy, but a pleasant surprise is still a pleasant surprise."

Betna turned to the council and raised an eyebrow.

"Would any Alor here care to volunteer as an envoy? Failing that, are there any suggestions and recommendations for an envoy that we can all vote on and determine to represent Mandalore?"

[member="Alec Rekali"] [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Ijaat Mereel"] [member="Vilaz Munin"] [member="Isley Verd"] [member="Gilamar Skirata"] [member="Anija Betna"] [member="Arla Balor"] [member="Mia Monroe"]

Family, her family was scattered not uncommon in their culture. Her buir if he was here would have immediately volunteered to be the emissary to Isley, but he had words, presence, and the respect of many who sat around the table.

She thought about herself for the moment, she was silent, and untested in the art of negotiation. Well except for that time she went with Azrael but that was different, that was without outsiders. This was with the Vod who did not agree with their life style choice of living. This was to talk to a man who was claiming to be Mand'alor.

She looked over to Arrbi her brother in law she understood why he was taking the precautions he was. Did she trust herself to not over react, did she trust herself to represent everyone and not just her Clan.

No, a cooler head was needed. Those who had spoken with such certainty should not go they already had their minds set, that left Alec, Mia, and dare she say herself.

"Send Mia, I would attend with her if she would have it but merely to listen. She has shown a cool head, and an ability to see from both sides. I would trust her to speak." Besides Verz and Ordo had both trusted her, she would follow in their steps and trust her too.

[member="Arrbi Betna"] [member="Mia Monroe"] [member="Vilaz Munin"] [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Alec Rekali"] [member="Isley Verd"] [member="Gilamar Skirata"]

[member="Arrbi Betna"] [member="Mia Monroe"] [member="Alec Rekali"] [member="Vilaz Munin"] [member="Arla Balor"] @Anyone else

The room in which the Alor'e Council had chosen to meet was still filled with the voices of the representatives of the different clans as they tried to decide what to do. Isley's hologram had vanished only a few minutes before. She watched silently as [member="Ijaat Mereel"] set the bundle of fabric on the table before he began to carefully unwrap what lay within. When the last layer of fabric was carefully peeled away, Anija gasped softly.Within the folds of the tattered banner - of which she could see a Mythosaur picked out in metallic threading - lay the Mask of Mandalore.

Her eyes narrowed for a moment and she thought she spotted some darker stains upon the crimson fabric, but it was hard to tell for sure. In the next instant, her gaze lifted to Ijaat as she felt the ripples of emotion from him. And she could understand much of why he would feel the way he did. Her head lowered for a moment, but she didn't take her gaze off Ijaat. And what happened next sent ripples of surprise through her, as well as many others in the room.

In an instant, Anija felt a surge in the Force such as she had never quite felt before. And with it, the Mask shattered into dozens of shards. Some dropped to the floor and still others shot across the table, to ricochet off chairs, the table itself, or the walls beyond it. And one came rather close to taking Arrbi's eye out. The United Clans and perhaps the Mandalorians as a whole seemed to have lost their way, their purpose. But what could --- that thought was cut short as Ijaat suddenly began divesting himself of his beskar'gam. It wasn't something she'd expected. But given the circumstances, she could understand it... and what it meant. As if his emotions didn't speak loud enough. A frown creased her face for a long moment as she watched him leave the Council room as naked as the day he was born.

At a time such as this, Anija found that words failed her. At least at the moment. She sat back, lacing her fingers in front of her on the table as she watched Arrbi carefully gather the shards of the Mask into the tattered fabric of the banner the Mask had once been wrapped in. When he began to speak, she listened closely. His words rang true, and they resonated inside her. Others spoke, yet Anija found herself transfixed as Isley rebuked their refusal with one of his own. Heralded by a display which she wasn't entirely sure of the intent. But it mattered little. She found herself unmoved by the display, except to feel .. sorrow.

Sorrow for the state which the Mandalorians found themselves in. Some of it was certainly self-inflicted. They were indeed a prideful people. And perhaps some would see that as their undoing. But one thing Isley had said struck a chord inside her. He'd said he was doing it for all the worlds which lay in ruins following the attacks by the Kyr'tsad. That offensive had certainly driven a wedge between the clans. And that division was sorely evident today as she noted the absence of particular clans. Those which had chosen to stake their loyalty with the Isley's Empire.

She felt her gaze linger a moment on the space where Isley's holo had been before it fell to the shards which were now safely swathed within the folds of the crimson banner which rested in front of Arrbi. As he spoke again, she nodded in agreement. They had no sure way to know what might come of the division among the Clans, but it was best to be prepared. When Arrbi mentioned the Protectors, Anija felt her eyes widen for a few moments before she nodded. Considering the turn of events, it was a wise decision. "I'll get right on that, Arr'ika..." she replied quietly as she began typing messages into the datapad which rested on the table in front of her.

Even as she did so, Mia spoke once more. She knew the older woman was well-intentioned. But she also knew the Mandalorians were people of action as much as they were people who held strongly to cultural traditions. She frowned. The formation of this very Council was not something dictated by tradition. It was born of necessity. Which was, to provide a way for the Clan leaders to confer when needed. But of late, it seemed some only wanted to debate.

"Lady Monroe..." she said, her voice calm and even despite the myriad of thoughts running through her mind. "You speak of tradition. Yes, traditions are important to the Mandalorians. But so also is being prepared for whatever might occur. Ret'lini." she echoed Arrbi's words. "No one person's idea of what a Mand'alor should be is going to be the same. And that's to be expected. Each clan is different from the next, as is each person within them."

"But, consider this. We've seen many a Mand'alor come and go. One thing that I think needs to be kept in mind - regardless of who might hold the title - is that the person needs to be flexible. Traditions we might have, but we still need to adapt to what we're given in any situation. Whoever that leader might be, they must be able to adapt to deal with whatever we find ourselves facing. Whether that be a new hostile threat... or just how to bridge the gap between two groups with different ideologies. And it's something all of us should consider as well."

She thought over Arrbi's words for a moment. "I'd be interested in going as an envoy." she said quietly.

A small smile flickered across Mia's face as Arla spoke up, but it was tainted with sadness. "Thank you, Arla, but I can't speak for this council." she replied softly "To speak for this council would require me to believe in it" She left the rest unspoken. The council was temporary, their decision to dent Isley as Mand'alor would send ripples through the community both good and bad. Anija spoke up, using the title 'Lady' again for her, she pursed her lips in annoyance, but let it slide all the same. "I'm not arguing with you, ad'ika," she spoke softly. "I'm simply advising caution in how loudly you go about it." she straightened up.

"If that is all," she straightened up "I will reach out to Isley, see if I can get a meeting arranged. I offer myself to act as mediator, should you require it."

[member="Anija Betna"][member="Arla Balor"][member="Arrbi Betna"]

"I agree that there must be a flexibility, and there must be acceptance or we'll end up fighting ourselves. I personally have no want or desire to fight anyone whether they be of the Empire or the Clans, we are one people, we are supposed to be"

Arla nodded to Mia and understood maybe she should ask the elder woman out for a drink sometime for talk of those they had in common, those that they missed. She listened to her sister [member="Anija Betna"] it had been a long time since they seemed to be on the same page about anything. Arla rose up, "I offer to attend as well should you require it. But only to watch and stand ready at trouble, not to speak."

She let Avrum slide from her lap so that she could take his hand to leave, "I don't know what else to say, there are louder voices here than mine." She nodded to them, "i'll not be far if needed."

[member="Arrbi Betna"] [member="Isley Verd"] [member="Mia Monroe"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom