Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Solarn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyraan Fell

The Malfeasant Businessman
Name: Solarn

Region: Outer Rim
System: Solarn

Suns: Cylicus (Yellow Star)
Orbital Position: Cycles around planet
Moons: Zinic

System Features: There is an asteroid field that surrounds the planet
Coordinates: The center of the grid on the left of the 'O' in Outer Rim. The Center of the grid under Soledad, above Rakata Beta, and to the left of Furia.
Rotational Period: Standard Year
Orbital Period: 1.3125

Class: Medium Terrestrial
Atmosphere: Type 1
Climate: 96% Tropical, 4% Controlled
Gravity: Standard
Primary Terrain: The terrain is 98% water but under the water is loads of forests with many fossils of trees that used to be there. On the surface it is grassy with nice rocks everywhere.

Native Species: Exitiletintisris
Immigrated Species: All species come live there now but very few. Most just come and admire. There used to be many species living here according to archaeologists, though. Mainly humans.
Primary Languages: Mostly Galactic Standard Basic but there are others as well.
Government: It doesn't really have a government. Just a CEO.
Population: 1,023
Demonym: Staff Members
Major Imports: Ship parts, science equipment, food, and tools.
Major Exports: Nothing

Affiliation: None

Major Locations: Sunken Temple in the center of the city which is known to be a temple where force users were thought the ways of the force. It is the largest (and greenest) place in the whole underwater city. Covering 10.385% percent of the city. The city is not that big compared to most. It is about 66 square miles. There is also the islands of the planet. They really aren't that big. All of them combined only makes up 17.624% of the underwater city. It is full of green trees and grass and sand. It is very beautiful and green. It is almost where most things are... The tour center, the offices, the research facility, and so on.

Culture: The Staff Members get paid to give tours of the planet. They sleep in their own cabins on a seperate Island from the ones people get tours of.
Technology: Current Galactic Technology
History: From archaeological findings, scientists have concluded that there used to be a great dam protecting all of the people who lived on the planet. No one originally lived here which was why the plants were so nice. The first man who ever lived here and the creator of the dam was named Rakis Solarn. He brought his wife to the planet and swore they would never leave. They were both Force sensitive so they also made a small building dedicated to teaching the young children about the force. This building grew over time to be a giant temple which was the Academy. Mysteriously in the future, the population started dying and eventually the dam broke. There was no sign of any survivors. Later this planet was settled by Tursan Hish who founded this place as the Solarn Planetary Park Society.

Notable PCs: None yet
Intent: To be a historical site and amaze people on it's mysterious past. Archaeologists come here to study all of the time.

[member="Rehn Sohklitade"]

Okay so a few things to be addressed
  • Climate refers to the general weather of the world, such as temperate, tropical, frozen, etc. The percentages that you currently have there would belong under the primary terrain section
  • The major locations could use some fleshing out. The more detail you include for a location, the better as it will allow other people who might want to use your planet as a setting some general description of what they're looking at. I'd advise expanding this section so each interesting location is given it's own area of description
  • For technology, if the people there are tourists or scientists, they would be using current galactic technology
  • For the history section, what company is in control of the planet and overseeing?
These are the initial things that came to mind that need addressed

Okay so a few more things, just trying to flesh out the sub for as much detail as we can get :)
  • For terrain, can you explain how much of the planet is covered by water, percent of land, is there a large continent of some such or is it scattered islands?
  • In orbital period, you only have the number 1.3125, but I have no idea what you mean by that as there isn't a unit there. Please add the unit for that number in
  • So you are aware, the capital city of Onderon, Isis, takes up an entire continent now, so just how large is this city and temple. That section also needs to be a little cleaner and more concise about the temple and city as it kinda meshes together and is a little difficult to read
  • For the history section, if you so desire, you can flesh that out even more as well. Make it a truly interesting tale, but that is just a suggestion and not a request

Tyraan Fell

[member="Taeli Raaf"]
Yeah... I didn't understand it so I put how many of Earth's orbital periods are in 1 Solarn Orbital period. I also don't really know how to expand on the history. That about sums it up.

• For orbital period just put galactic standard year as that is the common unit used
  • How are there trees under the water? And I restate my earlier thing about the terrain in that is it a big continent, small islands, a middle ground? If the planet is mostly water, the land needs some description
  • The city is the size of a place in Illinois? I was thinking for describing its size to use acreage or something similar
  • If you think history is all written up then, that is fine as is

Tyraan Fell

Taeli Raaf said:

Okay so a few things to be addressed
  • Climate refers to the general weather of the world, such as temperate, tropical, frozen, etc. The percentages that you currently have there would belong under the primary terrain section
  • The major locations could use some fleshing out. The more detail you include for a location, the better as it will allow other people who might want to use your planet as a setting some general description of what they're looking at. I'd advise expanding this section so each interesting location is given it's own area of description
  • For technology, if the people there are tourists or scientists, they would be using current galactic technology
  • For the history section, what company is in control of the planet and overseeing?
These are the initial things that came to mind that need addressed

Those were the initial things yes? More stuff comes up as we go through a sub to make it more concise and fleshed out or if another issue pops up that needs to be addressed

OK, this is interesting, but there are some things I do not quite understand.

Rehn Sohklitade said:
Orbital Position: Cycles around planet
What does this mean?

Rehn Sohklitade said:
From archaeological findings, scientists have concluded that there used to be a great dam protecting all of the people who lived on the planet.
How...big was this dam?!

Was the planet always 98% water? That doesn't sound very sustainable for a population.

Since his internet is down I'm simply checking on the status of this sub. There has been no response in four days and will be archived for inactivity if we do not hear from you soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom