Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Soft as Steel, Strong as Silk (Light Hand, Pilgrims, Jedi, Light Side Frens)

CHURCH OF THE FORCE CHAPTER-HOUSE
YUMFLA, SUSEFVI

===========================

Rarely now did Tiland teach outside the monastery of Qi-Ko. It had become the spiritual heart of the Way of the Light Hand and the other mystics of Qi-Ko. Monks, mystics, and misfits of many kinds found themselves drawb to the world when they needed something the world could offer. Solace, peace, insights, some foretelling. The challenge was that only those called tended to find their way there.

But that was irrelevant to why he was here now. Tiland had come to teach a class to any interested Jedi.

A class of three parts: spiritual-philosophical, physical, and mystical. Just as they were physical, mystical, and mental. The three elements of a person that all needed to be in harmony with each other to truly thrive in harmony with another three- self, others, and the Force. Patterns within patterns; fractalized fragments.

For this, he had found Susefvi suitable. Easily accessible by many Jedi of the different orders and far outside the space contested by the growing schism between the Silvers, the NJO, and the Schismatics, since he didn’t think they had a name yet. Platinum perhaps. Or electrum. If they tried to pull any of their petty politics, they’d get a cup of tea and a stern command to go sit in the corner to meditate.

This particular chapter-house was on a hillside near the edge of the city, with a whitewashed stone wall around the exterior and a green round door to enter the main courtyard, while the one story building nestled in the center. A garden with a pond and thick plant growth was in the back, but it lacked the space for movement that this would require.

He had commandeered a large round room and set a rack on the wall, with a hand calligraphied sign reading “Place lightsabers here” on the wall above it. A collection of training droids stop deactivated around the edges of the room in a broad circle, but the primary focus was on a pile of everyday objects in the center of the room.

A lightsaber was the iconic weapon of the Jedi Knights, but sometimes that wasn’t an option. And sometimes, Jedi came to rely more on their blade than on the Force. What would be surprising to those who came and knew him was that Tiland wore a lightsaber on his belt. An ancient thing, rough-hewn from wood and hand engraved in patterns and symbols, it seemed out of place on the old monk.

More familiar was the staff he carried in one hand, with two gourds filled with tea tied to the top. It matched the objects in the center of the room: canes, walking sticks, scarves, tankards, thermoses, robes, lengths of cord, calligraphy pens. Things anyone might carry around with them.

Things crucial to the lessons he was about to teach. Teras kasi fundamentals, at least the Way of the Light Hand school, and the skill of Force Weapon.

He did this mostly for practical reasons, but also for one a bit devious. Perhaps a few would be interested to to choose the Circle as their calling, or at least consider it. He expected more than a few to arrive who weren’t Jedi at all, either. Wardens of the Sky would find it valuable. As would Judges and others who held to the Light without necessarily following the Code.

But if not, that was no matter. The transfer of skill and experience was far more valuable.

All he needed now was for them to arrive.

“Welcome, welcome, do come in,” he would say to each as they entered. Padawans, knights, masters, it didn’t matter. All got the same response. “Place your lightsaber on the rack and work on clearing your mind. This lesson can be particularly dangerous to those who lose focus and let the flow of the Force through them be obstructed. We will begin shortly once a few more arrive.”

Gluk, Stock, and Two Smoking Lasers
Captain's Log-

Haven't seen much of Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun since we
explored that Qi-Ko place. I hear he's shacked up there permanently, so this is a rare chance to learn something useful. Why is it that the best Force skills come from folks who aren't Jedi or Sith? Fully anticipate a couple days of punching things and drinking really good tea.

CHURCH OF THE FORCE CHAPTER-HOUSE
YUMFLA, SUSEFVI

Jerec didn't have a lightsaber to put on the rack, so he hung his gunbelt on there with a shrug. He found his gaze drawn to the assortment of everyday objects in the middle of the room.

"Now that stuff brings back memories. I've used about half of that in cantina brawls and the other half-"

Eh, maybe this wasn't the time for braggadocio and innuendo.

Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr

Tiland smiled as Jerec came in. With the spacer present, there was no concern about this ending up being a stuffy Jedi class or a simmering feud between any Silver and New Jedi who arrived. He had hoped some more of the Judges and other fringers would arrive for this.

He did have to admit that he hadn’t thought about where people would put gun belts, but the rack looked to do just fine.

“Good to see you again, Jerec.” Tiland said, leaning on the staff. He uncapped one of the gourds and had a long drink of tea. “I’m sure you have,” he said with a laugh. “But after this, I’m hoping you’ll have the ability to use them against a lightsaber.”

Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun got a double take. So did the pile of scarves, sticks, and calligraphy implements.

"Why do I get the feeling you're saying..." Jerec scratched his stubble nervously. "...more than just 'look how fast I am, I hit you with my paintbrush before you can chop my head off.' And if you're saying what I think you're saying...it sounds, how do I put this...dangerous. Lose a hand dangerous. Not that I'm not interested, I just prefer to look before I leap unless she's Lethan, know what I mean?"

Dreidi stretched her limbs, she was still feeling ache in her bones, puberty sucked and the growing pains were the least of her concerns. She hadn't grown much but she was only just starting a growth spurt from what she had been informed and that soon she would need to invest some new clothes. Which was exciting in one regard but she still wasn't happy with all the changes that she was experiencing, and quite suddenly as well. However, she had arrived for a training exercise in Teras Kasi, which was some sort of hand to hand fighting style, Dreidi wasn't quite sure why she had been convinced to attend, she was already skilled in combat to some degree but figured it would be interesting to see what this had to offer. She was wearing a baggy white shirt and some loose jogging bottoms, her hair was tied in a high ponytail to keep out of her eyes as she entered the room, hands in her pockets.

Looking around, she saw a sign that said to put their Lightsabers away, swallowing hard, Dreidi pulled out her practice saber. She had not gone on a quest to find her own Lightsaber crystal and construct her own Lightsaber, so she was stuck with a practice saber to train with. She hadn't thought to bring it initially since she was going to learn hand to hand combat so it seemed pointless bringing a weapon but then she was reminded that she was travelling to unknown world and that a Jedi would always carry their Lightsaber with them. Probably one of the reasons she was not ready for the real thing. She also had no idea what it would look like, would her Lightsaber follow her mother or her father's design or would she construct something completely different? Why was her life full of decisions like this?

Sighing, she sheepishly placed her practice saber on the table then looked around, she felt like she would likely stick out like a sore thumb. Being so young, and seemingly very inexperienced as well. Seeing an old monk, who she thought the wind could snap like a twig and some kind of spacer talking, Dreidi politely smiled and stood waiting.

Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun

Be careful what you wish for.

REDEMPTION IS NEVER OUT OF REACH...
53950.gif

Equipment: Conservator(Lightsaber), Vanguard(Backup Lightsaber)
Comm-link, Rebreather
Starship: Starlight Sentinel
I could use a workout.

“Roller”, Caltin’s astromech was with him and held his lightsabers, so there was no need to place either of them on the rack. Besides, the astromech was remarkably social and wanted to roll around and converse with whoever was willing. So he walked in and began to stretch his arms and cracked his knuckles. He looked completely out of place in a training session like this, and one would normally be hard-pressed to hold back a giggle at someone six-foot, five inches, and almost four hundred standard pounds in a Tera Kasi class. The joke was on them though.

He was already proficient in it.

Caltin was always a big guy, but he wasn’t always as massive as he is now, and learned Teras Kasi as a young man. The master he learned from being from one of the mountains of Corellia, he was not an expert, never tried to be, but was proficient. He learned some Rek’Dul back then as well, but that is not relevant here, so no sense dwelling on it, nor Broken Gate, the “Jedi Martial Art”. That was something he could and did actually teach back then, but that was over eight-hundred fifty years ago, so while the muscle memory was imprinted on him, he was a bit out of practice.

Offering a respectful bow and greeting to Master Tiland, a Jedi he had never met before, and one to both Jerec and Dreidi, Caltin didn’t say anything, he was more about getting limber. This was going to be necessary for what lies ahead, he knew it, and hopefully, the other two would pick up on that. The massive Jedi Master figured the older man was the one teaching, so he would probably figure it out, that was cool. It wasn’t like Caltin was really hiding anything, he just didn’t want to intrude on what was about to be taught, and it would be good to see it from another’s point of view.

With a wry inward smile, he dropped into a split, yes, a split.

The big guy hid it well enough, but this hurt like (censored).

Greetings, Master Caltin Vanagor of the Silver Jedi Concord, via the "Old" Jedi Order.

That should confuse them.
...YOU JUST HAVE TO REACH FOR IT.
svjbudd.png

All right, maybe it was the time for braggadocio. Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor was a big bastard, but an animalistic competitiveness reared up in Jerec, a desire to see just how far he could get before the inevitable beatdown. Maybe another time. Messing around would derail Tiland's doubtless-excellent lesson.

"Emphasis on the 'old,' am I right?"

53950.gif

Comm-link, Rebreather
For someone clearly trying to get under another's skin, this guy was no good at it. It was actually funny. Sitting there without any hint of emotion for a good two to three minutes, he waited just to see what the guy would do, act, or say. It did not matter what the other would say or do, he just sat there. After such time, he smiled wryly and offered what look to be an eyebrow paired with a wink. He was not going to take the bait, because... well it was the kind that would just make him more hungry than be what he would have liked.​
In a manner of speaking.​
Eight-hundred fifty years "old", you are correct.
svjbudd.png

Dreidi was listening politely when a massive man enter the room and take his place, Dreidi had two thoughts. First he seemed familiar, perhaps a Jedi she had seen around the SJC and potentially someone at her father's funeral. Secondly, there was no way she was sparring with him, he was massive and clearly dwarfed the small Padawan, it was totally unfair advantage and if she was paired with him then she would not be pleased with the direction the class was taking. Hearing him talk, he mentioned an "old" order, which was confusing, the Jedi Order had many iterations and she wasn't sure what one could be classified as the "old" Order. Was it the Jedi Order that collapsed and led into the Galactic Empire? Or the old New Jedi Order that fell, or the Jedi Order after that one, or that one, or any of the many Jedi Orders that cropped up over the last century or so. Dreidi had studied about the Jedi history, as boring as it was and so boring she swore that she felt her brain felt numb.

When he mentioned that he was over 850 years old, Dreidi narrowed her eyes, she knew there were races that lived centuries but she didn't look like any of those. Was he frozen and thawed out? That happened a lot too, at least, it was happening a lot recently from records. However, she didn't say anything, he was a Jedi Master and she was a Padawan so she needed to respect that. So when the other guy was making old jokes at the old school Jedi Master, she tilted her head confused, they were all pretty old in her mind. Like super old with wrinkles and stuff. But she kept that quiet, her mum would often tell her off for calling old people old, apparently it was disrespectful or something silly, even though it was true!

Dreidi was curious if anyone else would arrive for the class.

Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic

Tiland hid a smile behind his mustache as he saw the implications of what he said slip through Jerec’s mind. “Oh yes,” the Anzat agreed. “Very dangerous. It’s why we’re using training sabers to practice against.”

Two others entered. He gave them bows to each, quickly caught in the tension developing between the spacer and the Jedi. That amused him, but it would make this difficult for both of them. “Ah! Master Caltin! I’ve been hearing about you. Nice to finally meet you.” The other Jedi was working on loosening up and limbering, which was excellent. Flexibility and range of motion was crucial, but this wasn’t about a full Teras Kasi class. There was neither the time nor the commitment for him to take them on as students in this sort of situation. He would do the very basics, however, the philosophy and styles of motion that could easily be adapted to everyday objects against a lightsaber.

To the youngest among them, he bowed deeply and courteously. “Tiland Kortun, allegedly a Jedi Master and generally considered Grandmaster of the Way of the Light Hand school of teras kasi, although I’ve implemented practices from a dozen other styles, so even that claim is more grandiose than I deserve. Especially as I’ve been learning a new one here while staying on Susefvi. A locals martial arts style, from what I understand. Always reminds me of what I truly am- a forever student and learner. A thousand years of study and I only know a fraction of what there is to learn. I’m afraid one thing I haven’t learned yet is your name. And I suspect the other two are a bit busy competing with each other according to their individual values to remember to be polite enough to ask. Sometimes one has to be properly old like me to remember the improtsncr” He gave a friendly smile and a mischievous wink.

He would wait and respond appropriately to her, and to others who joined. But he also moved to start the opening demonstration.

Grimacing slightly as he touched it, he drew his own lightsaber and activated it for the first time in seven hundred years. A bright violet blade snapped into existence.

Tiland took a deep breath and opened himself fully to the Force, letting its vibrancy resonate throughout his entire being. His freehand picked up a durasteel rod that a quick touch to the lightsaber blade sliced in half. The part he wasn’t holding fell to the floor with a clatter. After a moment, he picked up an empty bottle and unleashed the energy he had stored within. The bottle shimmered with a faint luminescence, and when he brought the lightsaber blade against it, nothing happened. The bottle blocked the blade as well as any other lightsaber.

He replaced the bottle and let the energy flow through him and back within, cycling in an ever going circle. Now it was he that had a faint luminescence around his body that slowly faded.

“This is the foundational skill of the Way of the Light Hand. In the ancient tradition of the Jedi, it was known as the Force Weapon ability. Five thousand years ago, Jedi Master Vodo-Siask Baas used it on his walking stick to duel Exar Kun. It is, in essence, very similar to the ancient art of Force Imbuement. That is a lengthy process, however, part of creating an item. With this, you are able to take any object and make it capable of standing against any lightsaber. Glass bottles. Gourds of tea.” He quirked another smile at them. “Scarves, lengths of rope, sashes, even cloaks. That is the first half of what I intend to teach. The second is the fact that these are not part of lightsaber training, which is bother their strength and their weakness. If you try to use them like a lightsaber, you will fail. But if you learn to use them effectively, just as they are with their own unique properties, most lightsaber combatants will struggle to respond to something so unorthodox.”

Jerec wasn't surprised that the big Jedi ignored him. He got a chuckle, though, at getting a response after a couple minutes. Nothing like living in the other guy's head rent-free.

But now Tiland was starting, so Jerec shelved the games and paid attention. The Anzati was the genuine article, and had earned his respect a few times over. Plus he was working for free, so: +1 to respect.

As the demonstration escalated, Jerec found himself chilled and thrilled and so forth. It looked every bit as risky as he'd speculated. Useful as balls, though.

"Feth. So Tila-" He coughed. "Uh, Master Kortun, you're saying with this Force Weapon shield thing, I could learn to put down a saber jockey with just my shockboxing mitts?"

The idea had great appeal.

He glanced around the room belatedly, taking Tiland's friendly correction to heart. "Oh, and I'm Jerec Asyr, captain of the Infinity's Free. Jedi murdered my first mate a few years ago off Kessel, so I'm not much for Jedi as a whole, but Master Kortun's always been the real deal, so here I am."

Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

53950.gif

Comm-link, Rebreather
The mouthy one is thinking he got one over on the big guy. It made him smile if it made the scoundrel happy then so be it. Caltin was not one who needed to one-up anybody here, no matter what they thought. The girl that was here was someone he recognized, though he could not place it. The slight admonishment was a little surprising as he had already introduced himself and it was not his place to ask anyone's name, but that was neither here nor there, he was not here to draw aggro or cause heat. Listening to the tale that the Anzat told, something familiar rang in the big guy's mind. He had heard stories of a Jedi, not too dissimilar in size, stature, and look to Kortun. Was the Anzat the same as he had heard about? This was an interesting thought, and one he would follow up on later.​
Caltin had heard this part of what was being taught before, but at the time he had learned it back then. Caltin was deemed unworthy to continue to this point. It was a matter that he had to deal with for years, and while it did not damage him psychologically, it was a weight he had carried. In the end, it served him well to motivate him to work harder than others, and at the same time kept him humble, even if sometimes overdoing it. He paid no mind to Jerec's comment about Jedi, he was not there and did not know the details, so why ask about it?​
Trying to learn how to defeat someone with gloves might be the same as relying on a lightsaber. Though intriguing in itself, paired with Tutaminis could potentially make one a foe worthy of avoiding. Learning how to prepare yourself for the unexpected, contingencies, is what this is leaning towards, in a manner of speaking. Jedi, Sith... simply being attuned to the Force is one thing and a wonderful gift, but relying on it and not your own unique abilities and traits are like a crutch. Use it too much and you will not be able to live without it.
It wasn't easy to keep to the mindset of a student when you are so used to being a teacher, but like Tiland just said, even he still had a lot to learn. Finally realizing where he recognized the girl from, he gave her a glance.
I never had the opportunity to offer my condolences on the loss of your father, I had never had the opportunity to meet the man, but he was a Jedi and I felt it important to be there regardless... at his funeral.
svjbudd.png

Last edited:
Before they arrived

Serya Talith Serya Talith
"Look, I am a pragmatic man. I don't really subscribe to the Force as something we should build a 'church' to. That said I'm just going to ask that we follow a 'live and let live' philosophy here, alright?"

Jacen had recently been introducing Serya to the wider galaxy of philosophies concerning the Force. Now she knew of the Jedi and the sith and what they meant to him.

It felt important for him to lay that marker down on where he stood when it came to building a religion around the Force. It was difficult when he didn't even know if he would call himself a jedi any more.

“Welcome, welcome, do come in,” he would say to each as they entered. Padawans, knights, masters, it didn’t matter. All got the same response. “Place your lightsaber on the rack and work on clearing your mind. This lesson can be particularly dangerous to those who lose focus and let the flow of the Force through them be obstructed. We will begin shortly once a few more arrive.”

Arriving and taking a place near the walls, Jacen shot Serya a glance at that comment. She had lost control before, with dire consequences that still plagued her. He hadn't admitted how worried he was about her feinting. By now it was clear to him that it wasn't simple exhaustion. He didn't know what it was.

"Force weapon," he whispered to himself. A technique he had never tried. Fortunately neither he, nor Serya, had lightsaber of their own to place on the rack.

He listened, more interested in this lesson than in trying to shift his luck.

Jacen Voidstalker Jacen Voidstalker Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr Serya Talith Serya Talith Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic
==================

Tiland stood and paced back to the center of the room, hands clasped behind his back as he listened to what they said. He nodded, considering what it all meant.

"Master Caltain is correct, although I'm sure we could quibble about differing philosophies for a hundred years. This will no more allow you to magically defeat a lightsaber-wielding opponent than having one of your own will. It still takes practice, training, and discipline to develop the expertise necessary to take on an opponent." Tiland paused as he considered and ran a hand through his beard. "But it will at least help level the playing field. Shock boxing mitts won't be able to deflect blaster bolts or cut through a door, but with this, you can deflect or block a lightsaber blade."

He spun quickly on his heel and gestured to the objects around the floor. "Everyone, pick an item or two that you can easily hold. This will be what we'll train with today and use as a teaching tool to develop the foundations of the skill. If you can work with something similar to what might you regularly carry, even better, but that is not entirely necessary."

For himself, he leaned the staff against the wall and took a sash from around his waist, wrapping it tightly about both hands, so that his fingers were free and there was slack in the sash so that it hung loose. He moved to the center of the circle formed by the training droids and gestured for everyone to circle around.

"Before we do any sort of fight training or practice, it is crucial that you master the basics of Force Weapon. These training lightsabers will only give you burns, but they'll cut through anything here if you're not able to utilize the skill appropriately."

A smile quirked across his face. "So you'll know very quickly if you're doing it right once we begin real practice."

With zero hesitation, Jerec picked a thin scarf. He wound most of it around his right hand in a boxing handwrap and tucked away the excess to keep it from flopping around.

Jegy Sesara Jegy Sesara had always been the kind of trainer who appreciated the basics: push, pull, throw, jump, shield, that kind of thing. Though Jerec hadn't been the best student, Jegy's skill had a teacher had won out. They'd had an on-again, off-again Master/Padawan thing for a handful of years now. Jerec didn't really see himself as a Force user, just someone - shipwright, salvager, smuggler, proud owner of Quekko's Choice Ship Emporium - who happened to know how to use the Force.

But he'd always known that really grasping the Force took commitment, hence trips like this, carving out time to dig deep with Jegy and sometimes other trainers.

He focused on the handwrap, trying to use it as the heart of a shield. A hazy bubble took form around his fist, but that wasn't what he was after, not necessarily. He needed to bring it in tighter, wrap the Force's protection around his hand and forearm.

So he undid the handwrap and did it again from scratch, deftly, using that process as his focus for the Force Weapon attempt. He opened and closed his hand, watching the Force ripple around his fingers and palm and halfway down to the elbow. Not as complicated as a walking stick or a full-body application, and a lot more intuitive.

He jabbed the air, shadowboxing until he could punch without losing the protection. A far cry from pulling it off in even practice combat, but more progress than he'd expected.

53950.gif

Comm-link, Rebreather
Companion: Astromech R01R - "Roller", Pilot droid Mu51c - "Music"
Pulling the bottle of blue milk to his hand, Caltin pulled some of the moisture in the room to manipulate its temperature through the Force. Oh it was nice and cold, but the big guy wanted it ice cold, it was just the way he drank it. Spinning it around in his hand, and eventually opening the bottle to take a sip, he noticed the two newcomers and offered them a respectful nod. They were clearly not wanting to intrude, and while it may not have been his place to speak up at the moment, he very well could and maybe get them to relax a little.​
Greetings... Master Vanagor of the Silver Jedi.
His attention still on them, as he took another sip, the big guy grabbed the other bottle. Tiland did say "two".​
svjbudd.png

Looking around, she was approached by the oldest Jedi, he bowed and introduced himself. Shrugging, Dreidi didn't really take much stock in what he had to say about his rank, titles or the fact that he was still learning. In fact, that idea annoyed yet also bored her, it was something that everyone said really. Every Jedi says that they are always learning and growing in the Force, so this old monk guy saying it to her did not really interest Dreidi that much, she was hear to learn and interact with friends and fellow Jedi. She didn't say anything disrespectful to the monk Jedi since she was trying to be on her best behaviour but there was plenty of thinking she did that was not kind. "I am Dreidi, Jedi Padawan of the Obsidian Knights in CIS." Dreidi said in a polite tone, she didn't react to his humour, she was focused on learning for now.

As the old man ignited his Lightsaber and did his demonstration, Dreidi was looking around, seeing if someone her own age would be around or at least someone not old. However, another man, likely in late 30's or something and there was someone else with him but she hadn't spotted them really yet. Dreidi turned her attention back to the class, seems that they were starting with Force Weapon. It was an interesting power, though if Dreidi was going to use a Force Power against a Lightsaber, she figured it would be Tutaminis. Though she wouldn't be able to keep it up, so Force Weapon might be a better idea, especially since she wasn't using a real Lightsaber. The first two guys in the class were discussing about the power. Dreidi didn't feel the need to partake in the conversation, it seemed to be competition between the two and toxic masculinity sprung to mind watching the two.

When Master Caltin offered his condolences to Dreidi, she looked up at him with fierce eyes. "Yes, my father was Grand Master of your Order once. I doubt he would be please to hear rumours of SJC working with the very people that killed him. But those are just rumours, sure you Silver Jedi never do something that foolish." She didn't know the man, didn't know if the rumours she spoke of held true, but it hurt to hear them. Had her father's sacrifice for their Order meant so little that they were happy to help the very people who killed him? She turned away from Caltin and turned her focus back to the teacher for this lesson. They had to pick a weapon, or well object that they could turn into a weapon, she wasn't really sure what she was going to pick to start working with.

Sighing, she looked around and picked a wooden staff, twirling it in her hands. She had used a staff before when training, it hurt when getting struck but she wasn't sure how well she would do in turning it into a Force Weapon. It was long, but thin, breathing out slowly, she caressed the wooden weapon gently as she connected to the Force inside her. Allowing it to extend from her body to the wooden staff, attempting to coat the staff in her Force powers, she wasn't sure in the strength of the Force Weapon but she was feeling more connected to the weapon. Slowly spinning the staff, she couldn't hold off testing it even if she knew that it could leave a mark.

Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr Jacen Voidstalker Jacen Voidstalker Serya Talith Serya Talith

Jerec's head snapped around at Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic 's comment. His focus shattered and the Force protection vanished from around his fist.

He'd caught the same rumor: that the Silvers had teamed up with the Sith Empire somewhere down the Braxant Run. But that had been a drunken fourthhand story in a bar. This sounded a lot more grounded.

Silvers had murdered Quekko.

Jerec grimaced and tried to put old anger aside like Jegy had worked so hard to teach him. He focused on his breathing, then undid and re-wrapped the handwrap, making a calming ritual of it. The Force protection returned.

53950.gif

Comm-link, Rebreather
Companion: Astromech R01R - "Roller", Pilot droid Mu51c - "Music"
Really? Really? “Rumors”? Is this primary school? He wasn’t a part of that, if he was then he wouldn’t have been with the Silvers anymore. Caltin didn’t know the details, he wasn’t there, so he wouldn’t dwell on any of it. If they wanted to, it was on them but he was not going to stay somewhere that he wasn’t welcome. The mouthy one was glaring at him, the blonde was glaring at him. This was not a good scene to be in and a part of and it was going to get settled one way or the other.

He could argue, but what would that do? Defending himself against what? He did nothing wrong. Throwing his fellow “Silvers” under the bus? No.

I was frozen in ice for over 800 years up to only recently, your father’s funeral was three days after I was awoken. I never had the chance to meet the man, but I mourned him because he was a Jedi, and that alone deserved respects to be paid. I do not know of any of these rumors other than them being that. No matter what, I am my own man, and am only here to learn, like the rest of you. So if you wish to lump me into a rumor and judge me simply because I was rescued by one of the multiple orders of Jedi in the galaxy, then you go ahead. That is your choice, however, I make no apologies for who I am.

Slowly he rose to his feet, stoically he looked around and then to Master Kortan.

Thank you for having this, perhaps this is the wrong time for me to attend.

svjbudd.png

Jerec rounded on Caltin. The Force protection vanished around his hands again - not because he couldn't do it, but because he didn't want to use the Force while his blood was up. He'd seen plenty of Jedi pay lip service to compassion, patience, and respect - and then blithely ignore them. To him, this was nothing but the latest example.

"Maybe it is," he snapped. "Running your mouth like that at a gorram kid who just lost her dad? Her pain's more important than your pride, you stupid fething blowhard. Do the splits again on your way out."

Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom