Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Society and Empire (Open to Empire of the Lost and Allies)

Matriarch of Santhe Family

Santhe-Header-removebg-preview.png

Objective: Welcome new Imperial aristocrats
Location: Maldor Mecetti's Apartment Ballroom, Lianna City, Lianna
Tag: Maldor Mecetti Maldor Mecetti | Ethen Lecersen Ethen Lecersen | The Battalion The Battalion | Yoryn Darnur Yoryn Darnur | OPEN

Empire-Divider-removebg-preview.png

As the music seemed to be played just for them Vyllia was guided to the dancefloor by the dashing Lord Maldor. When he suggested that the price he paid for the musicians was the reason for the degree of magic that Vyllia sensed she smiled and readied herself to follow his lead. ”The Imperial Opera House has a decent budget remind me to speak to this group about playing there if they can replicate this sort of ambiance.” She doubted that would be possible, but it didn’t much matter depending on how well they played she might extend the offer anyway.

Vyllia had learned all the social dances from the time she was a small child. The Santhe family had a certain social expectation and even if Vyllia’s talents took her from the visible head of the family and its corporate holdings, she would still have to be somewhat present for events like this. It was not an exaggeration however to say that this dance was one of the most enjoyable of Vyllia’s life. Perhaps that was why they seemed so in sync with the music and each other.

Just like Maldor Vyllia nearly forgot that she was not here only for the enjoyment of the evening and to form new bonds. That she had a job to do was lost for several moments as they glided around the dancefloor Vyllia’s thoughts drifted to the last time someone had such a profound effect on her mood as Maldor did. The fact that he was charming, graceful, and handsome certainly had a few thoughts she would not publicly share enter her mind as well.

As the dance brought them close together and Vyllia could feel Maldor’s breath against her skin, she could feel her knee shake a little bit. Then he dropped the bomb. Was he being so…perfect so that he could brag about this contract? Vyllia’s eyes widened for just a moment, but she was disciplined enough not to give him any more satisfaction of her surprise. ”I was not aware that contract was being awarded so soon,” Vyllia whispered back. Her breath was a bit fast, she hoped Maldor wouldn’t notice.

As Vyllia listened to Maldor expand upon the details of the project, she calmed herself with the reminder that capital ships of that size were something that Santhe-Sienar would not be able to complete on their own. House Mecetti’s capabilities must have been greater than she had been led to believe, at least those accessible to the Empire. Then the other shoe dropped. Mecetti had negotiated a deal, but they were looking to collaborate on the finished product. At the mention of Kuat and House Lecersen, Vyllia’s eyes shifted to the young Moff and the Keshiri woman who appeared to be demanding his attention. She had to admit for engine systems that was the right direction to take and she was proud enough to know that the electronic systems would be best served to be developed by her own company. Her breaths hastened again, this time in excitement rather than dismay.

When Maldor finally said that he needed her Vyllia thought she might pass out, the dip was a slight surprise and had her become a bit more focused as she was lifted back up and was face to face with him once more. ”You can have me…” she whispered without realizing what she had said.

Before she could correct herself they were swaying together to the music again and she was listening to more details of the project. She hoped the talking and dancing meant that he had not heard her whisper or at least that he was willing to pretend he hadn’t heard it. Though if she was truthful with herself if he asked her to confirm what she said she wouldn’t hide from the statement. It could be spun if she felt the need and if he seemed amiable to such a situation she wouldn’t deny giving it a try. Her breaths became a bit panicked again as she felt the song coming to a close and he asked her the question. ”I would love to partner with you. Perhaps we can set aside some time to meet privately and work on the details.”

dCO5L4R.png

Maldor smiled as they concluded their dance, his breath momentarily stolen, but not by the exertion.

"Somehow," Maldor said at last, "a Billion-dollar deal is the least interesting thing happening right now.

Let us meet privately as you suggest, dear Lady Santhe. But our subordinates can handle the paperwork.

Legal documents bore me. You yourself are replete with the details demanding my careful and avid examination.

Will you do me the pleasure,"
he paused for a long beat, letting the word 'pleasure' hang in the air along with his anticipation of it, "of dining with me on another night of your convenience?"

It had been a good long while since anything had ignited his appetite this way.

Anything that wasn't a glowing Holocron, in any event.

But she did have a glow.

And he did have an appetite.

The evening progressed as such evenings always did. It was eventually time to sit and eat. None of the dishes at hand, however expertly prepared, compared to the dish he was surprised and delighted to find himself craving.

Eventually, dinner was also done. Toasts made. Bottles of exotic wine and liquor were emptied. The first guests began to trickle out as the hour grew late.

Maldor made himself available for any who might yet wish to speak with him.

Soon, the witching hour would be for Lecerson. And with it, the final hurdle of the evening.

Despite the late hour, Maldor felt light on his feet as he bid the first departures goodbye. Something within him had shifted, and he did not understand it. But neither was he prepared to look too deeply, lest he dispel its magic through excessive scrutiny.

This was one mystery he was prepared to relish, without needing to master it.

Maldor Mecetti Maldor Mecetti | Ethen Lecersen Ethen Lecersen | The Battalion The Battalion | Yoryn Darnur Yoryn Darnur

Yoryn Darnur

Imperial Underworld Godmother

Objective: Social Espionage
Outfit: Black Cocktail Dress
Equipment:Model J1 "Happy Surprise" Palm Blaster
Tags: OPEN | Maldor Mecetti Maldor Mecetti | Vyllia Santhe Vyllia Santhe | The Battalion The Battalion | Ethen Lecersen Ethen Lecersen

Yoryn-Divider-removebg-preview.png

”Pretty is right,” Yoryn replied with a wink, ”And I’m quite willing to find out how smart that mouth is. As to interrupting gossip. I would think that you will be happy in that regard. I promise that I have much more gossip than these people,” Yoryn hummed with confidence built over years of succeeding in stressful situations. She hadn’t realized that she had chosen an honest to God Moff of the Empire. That was a bit of a risk, but he was the most attractive man her eyes settled on. And Yoryn never backed down.

”I would think my offer was pretty undeniable whether your honor was taken into account or not,” Yoryn teased as she watched the young Moff give up his drink and offered an arm. She took the arm quickly, making sure not to grip on too tightly. Her eyes skimmed over the room wondering who might take notice. More so that she could rub their noses in it later than out of concern of being outed as someone who didn’t have an official invite. Her experience was that once these things got started they rarely ejected someone unless they were an obvious threat. Yoryn’s level of threat was buried far too deep for security of the event to discover it before the party was over.

”Moff, House, those are pretty lofty honorifics. If I had known I might not have approached with such bravado,” Yoryn replied feigning just a bit of timidness. If she had known her tactic might have been slightly adjusted, but bravado was still her go to move. ”Yoryn Darnur. Up and comer in the hospitality industry. Just opened a new lounge in the Santhe Cultural District. You should come by sometime. There is always plenty of gossip floating around and a handsome man like yourself would do very well.

Matriarch of Santhe Family

Santhe-Header-removebg-preview.png

Objective: Welcome new Imperial aristocrats
Location: Maldor Mecetti's Apartment Ballroom, Lianna City, Lianna
Tag: Maldor Mecetti Maldor Mecetti | Ethen Lecersen Ethen Lecersen | The Battalion The Battalion | Yoryn Darnur Yoryn Darnur | OPEN

Empire-Divider-removebg-preview.png

As the song and dance came to an end Vyllia felt as if her feet returned to solid ground after being floating along as Maldor had guided her through the dance. It was simultaneously a feeling of disappointment and hope for something that Vyllia had not felt in quite some time. Being the head of an influential family and its businesses meant having to be very careful. That made romance difficult. Despite the knowledge that she had to be aware, for the first time since she had taken things over she felt a connection.

Maldor’s voice replaced the music, just as pleasant was the new sound, and even more she enjoyed the substance of what he said even more. Seeing as Maldor had offered an equal split of the Super Star Destroyer contract, it seemed that seduction to get his way was not something that was needed, meaning his statement was more than likely genuine. ”Indeed, talk of this contract was quite the surprise. But this dance has definitely shifted my focus from business.”

Maldor’s easy acceptance of a future meeting with far fewer people in attendance was also pleasing to Vyllia’s ears. The possibilities of what could be done in a private meeting room had just started to swirl in her mind, when Maldor added that he saw no need for this private meeting to be about business Vyllia swooned. ”I am sure my assistants can handle bringing the production team and dot the I’s and cross the T’s. I would much rather spend time on more enjoyable practices. I would certainly not want to have you bored…”

The offer of a dinner in place of a business meeting was something that was quite agreeable to the matriarch of the Santhe family. ”A dinner with you is something that can easily be added to my schedule. Is there a meal you are particularly fond of? As the local resident I would be more than happy to show you the finer points of Lianna.”

Vyllia thought she saw something in the way Maldor was looking at her. It stirred up butterflies in her gut. Like her young dance partner she had an appetite, and it had been some time that it was meaningfully quenched. ”I am sure you have other business to attend to as host…I hate to keep too much of your focus…” the last bit was a polite lie. If she could shoo all the occupants from the ballroom to have Maldor to herself she would gladly do so. But there was plenty of time to build upon the dance they had just shared. ”We shall work out a time to share a meal. Sooner than later I hope.”

"Don't worry yourself, miss Darnur," he grinned as he took her to the dance floor, "The Empire is far too familiar with high risk, high reward. Things don't usually get done if you don't take a risk. You should be glad, though, that I'm not your typical moff. I crave adventure, I'm a little rebellious, and I'm a little eccentric. You pick your targets well." He started slowly, opening up with some graceful, slow, casual moves his royal family taught him at a younger age. Nothing to trip up the woman, but enough that they weren't just standing around, doing nothing.

"Gossip, you say," his eyebrows went up, "well yeah, I suppose you might have a little bit of dirt roaming around on people if you have a lounge. Forgive me if I see that as typical. But then that makes me very, very curious," his eyes became squinted as he stared into her eyes. His dance moves became a bit more aggressive and forceful, as a bit of an intimidation tactic, both that he knew how to dance, and that he was paying complete attention. It should be noted his Stormtrooper backup was still nearby, though they wouldn't be joining in. "You have gossip, you have a lounge, you targeted me, I want to know why. Your best bet is to be honest with me, as your honesty may just keep you around." He nodded to his trooper who was off the dance floor, a subtle message the trooper knew exactly what to do with. The stormtrooper raced to find Maldor Mecetti.

"Forgive me, Lord Mecetti," the trooper saluted as he found Maldor, "Moff Lecerson wants information on the guest he is dancing with. I apologize for the intrusion on your personal time, but there are suspicions about the guest."

lEEF3pQ.png

Maldor's mind drifted back to his previous exchange with Vyllia as he said goodbye to departing guests.

"A dinner with you is something that can easily be added to my schedule," she'd said. "Is there a meal you are particularly fond of? As the local resident I would be more than happy to show you the finer points of Lianna."

"My lips will be content to devour whatever you offer, I'm sure," he'd answered. A bit too forward, perhaps.

She stoked a warmth in him that-

His reverie was interrupted by a trooper. Lecersen's trooper.

That detail brought him to full concentration.

"Forgive me, Lord Mecetti," the trooper saluted as he found Maldor, "Moff Lecerson wants information on the guest he is dancing with. I apologize for the intrusion on your personal time, but there are suspicions about the guest."

Maldor blinked, casting his gaze across the floor.

"Of course." It was that woman from before. He gestured to Velda, who was close at hand when needed... as per usual.

"Have you worked up dossiers on the guests, yet?" He asked as soon as she approached.

She glanced to the trooper, then back at Maldor, "Of course, my Lord. Do you need this trooper's identity?"

He shook his head. "No, the young lady Moff Lecersen is dancing with."

Velda nodded, "We are currently operating under a high probability assumption based on facial recognition. We have yet to run the cellular samples on dishes and glasses she's come into contact with. We've gathered so many samples here, it'll take at least forty-eight hours to process them all.

But our current assumption is that she is Yoryn Darnur, the daughter of two employees of Sienar Technologies. We were able to get this from Ministry plants into Sienar, who feed us data dumps on the regular. She also has a military file, but our access to Imperial records and local Lianna governmental records is still limited, so we're still trying to pull it. As you know, House Mecetti's priority for intelligence has been rival corporations, not governments.

That's a problem that will resolve itself once you have a more official position within the Empire, and can get us into Imperial databanks. Their intelligence resources far outstrip our own... for the time being. Our penetration into Lianna is still minimal.

Miss Darnur isn't on the invite list, but her connection to Sienar suggested she might be a guest of Miss Santhe. It's not uncommon for important invitees to bring unlisted guests. A prerogative of the upper crust. We had twenty unlisted guests tonight, including her."

Maldor nodded, "You mentioned a possible military background. Is she armed?"

Velda shrugged, "It's conceivable. Putting aside bodyguards, two guests tonight definitely had concealed weapons that yielded to sensor scans, but I suspect the real number is much higher. These people are in an income and social status bracket where they can afford sensor-resistant concealed weapons, and where searching them for weapons is impolitic. We have ten embedded Ministry personnel with the servants, keeping an eye out."

Maldor turned to the Trooper, "Please ensure Lecersen gets all that, with my compliments."

That information revealed quite a bit about Maldor and his operation, here. A gesture of friendship.

Maldor Mecetti Maldor Mecetti | Vyllia Santhe Vyllia Santhe | The Battalion The Battalion | Ethen Lecersen Ethen Lecersen

CURRENT MISSION - Dance Around The Point
Immediate Goals -

BLUFOR - N/A

OPFOR - YTBD

TARGETING ACTION(S) - Maldor Mecetti Maldor Mecetti , Vyllia Santhe Vyllia Santhe The Battalion The Battalion Ethen Lecersen Ethen Lecersen Yoryn Darnur Yoryn Darnur || OPEN

Tonight was the night for eyes to follow dresses, and up and down with purposes base and cunning. Yet the Lasat stood above most present, and was eye-catching in many regards. Rugged, and muscled gracefully, with carefully and painstakingly braided lilac hair that gently cascaded down the back of her shockingly cerulean dress. It was a clear set of contrasts, the dress was long, almost antiquated in design, and fittingly ballroom in its bearing, a far cry from the atypical cocktail attire that was found within the lounges and soriees of most Imperial Salons. Indeed, despite the slight 6 cm scar on her right cheek, in spite of her clearly being nonhuman, she carried herself with a practiced poise expected of any debutante of noble blood.

Kebii'kara Solus knew it was all a lie. Well, not so much a lie, but assumptions that she could take to her advantage.

It was thanks to those memories of all the years she spent on Centerra, under what could have been described as the bygone chivalric romances made manifest within the Force, that she was able to suppress the unfathomable anxiety that she held in her gut. She drank to the health of the host, to the Empire Enduring, and quietly listened to gossip and the interplay of plans and ambition. With the Force, she saw more and deeper than most, but that just meant the contrast between her ideals, her memories, and what was going on right in front of her all the sharper. It accentuated the fact she was alone - no companions, no beskar'gam, what would have been the thought of exciting individualism, where she could decide and plot her path, she found herself bereft of identity in a sea of sharks.

This solitude was only accentuated when people paired up to dance, and the Lasat stood as an awkward statue in the room, having to make a choice.

A woman with madness in her eyes speaking with the Minister of Inquiry, someone who was definitively a reporter, and a stormtrooper.

When the bodyguard of Moff Lecresen would haplessly pass between the host and his charge, the large Lasat would gently grab the trooper by the arm. "Pardon me, good soldier?" She gave a coy smile in spite the formality of the greeting, though her voice betrayed the youthful rasp and wonder that she still had for the galaxy, even now. "May I inquire if your... charge will allow you to assist a lady in enjoying the festivities for the evening? I'm afraid I have arrived without a partner for the dance..."

black-dress.png

Inventory: - Lipstick - Mini holoprojector - ♧
Interactions: Closed
The Mirialan had taken the opportunity to visit a planet she'd never been to, it was always interesting to take jobs at new places. However, what caught her interest the most was the familiarity of the host, Mecetti. She had briefly met him at an auction event that went awfully wrong and now he simply looked like a mundane politician hosting a social event. The event itself was rather well set up, even the orchestra had almost made Chessa join the dance. There was time before her performance to partake in leisure but the presence of imperials and dark siders intimidated her. Eventually, she finally went up to sing as the dance reached its peak. There was a sense of serenity in this particular performance, the last time she had been able to sing with such an orchestra was during her time at the academy. Eventually, the night came to an end and Chessa had made sure to make her social rounds in order to gain possible customers.

The singer left the event.

A very late post... anyways, Chessa is always open for events. Feel free to message.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom