Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Social Awkwardness

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Itera wasn't a world she'd ever been to before, but it certainly seemed like most others. Iris let out a sigh as she finished stitching up yet another patient in the lower city. A free clinic, in need of a real doctor, and she couldn't bring herself to say no. Even though she was in no position to fight if they actually reached fighting. Hopefully there wouldn't be, but.. Yeah. She placed down the bacta patch over the wound, sealing it before patting the Twi'lek's shoulder to give them a thumbs up.

"You're good. Just change the patch out next week, okay?"

She smiled and nodded in turn to the Jedi Healer before scooting out of the tent to leave Iris alone. She stepped out, stretched her arms overhead. It was going to be a long week.

Riley Reese Riley Reese

The underworld of Itera wasn't exactly the most idyllic place in the galaxy. Crime and poverty were common place, along with the rule of fickle Hutts. But for Riley, it was home. Well as close to one as she could get anyway. Providing both a place to live and a steady supply of work.

Mercenary work was all she was good at, all she ever knew. A place like Itera never lacked in the need for one. Unfortunately that surplus of jobs also meant many of them could go wrong. Like today's excuse for a job. Sometimes the wealthy from the upper city forget that not everyone cares for how much they have, nor do they take orders from them. The end result, a cracked rib, a blaster brun on her left side and a small gash on her right shoulder. Her prosthetic arms took a bit of a beating, but at least those could be quickly repaired and it wasn't really hindering her right now.

Normally she would go to the Church of the Force for healing of her injuries, but today the journey was just to far. As luck would have it, there was a new clinic that had been set up within the area. Which is how she found herself entering the tent, looking a little worse for wear, and holding her left side. Her cybernetic eyes scanned the room before landing on who appeared to be the healer of the facility. "Ummm...excuse me. Are you the one in charge here?"

Iris Arani Iris Arani

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Ummm...excuse me. Are you the one in charge here?"

"Yes, and I have my permit so you don't have to-ohyou'reinjurged."

Iris at first seemed annoyed as she didn't even look up from the datapad. This wasn't the first time someone came in looking for the person in charge to demand some sort of payment. A quick glance up was enough to have her voice trail off before she stood, set down the device, and motioned to one of the tables.

"Come, sit. Let me look you over."

Riley Reese Riley Reese

Riley gave a nod and sat on the table. Despite the injuries, she refused to wince. Something that had been drilled into her for years as a child. She did give a tiny smile at the nurses change between annoyed and surprised. "Do people frequently ask you for a permit around here?" Riley already knew the answer, and the answer was yes. Itera was crawling with all kinds of scum, from Hutts to small time gangsters. There was a good number of people wanted to make their own little empires down here, and the average person got caught in the mix way too often.

Iris Arani Iris Arani

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"If they're looking for credits or something, yes."

Iris let out an annoyed sigh before getting to work. She pulled out a device, scanning through the screen as it hummed and likewise scanned Riley. Cybernetics. A lot of cybernetics. She frowned, just a little, but said nothing as she instead looked for the injuries she could fix.

"Tell me where you hurt. I'll get you patched up."

Riley Reese Riley Reese

It didn't surprise Riley in the slightest that people would try to extort a clinic for credits. That was one reason, sadly, that the Church of the Force had armed guards even though they tried to help everyone. "I have a cracked rib, a blaster burn on my left side and a gash on my right shoulder. My prosthetics...well, I can handle those later."

Iris Arani Iris Arani

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Unfortunately I can't do anything with the prosthetics anyway." Well, she could repair the connections to them on the organic side, but the actual machines? No. Still, she smiled, letting her device scan through before she reached a hand up to set against Riley's skin. Then, pulled with the Force. Just a little, here and there, guiding the colors of hurt and pain free to replace them with soothing, calm. Wounds would slowly close, bones would slowly mend.

Just a little. Enough so she could apply bacta without worry they'd devolve into worse injuries without it.

"You live here?"

Riley Reese Riley Reese

So this healer was a force user. Not super uncommon, all things considered. She could feel the pain slowly ease as bone shifted back in place, muscle re-healed and skin sealed over. Not to the point of being completely healed, but that was what bacta was for, right? Her cybernetic eyes turned to Iris when she asked if Riley lived here. "Yes, but only for a short while. I originally lived in Nar Shaddaa. What about you?"

Iris Arani Iris Arani

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom