Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private So I Had a Bad Day | Amea

tumblr_oozbhlrLm51tyuv6po3_500_1.png

L O S T

Tag: Amea Virou Amea Virou

"Don't worry, I like you in another way," she said with a grin. Thus far, Amea had proven herself kind, competent, and cool. If you told Kelsie that Amea was normally awkward and nerdy in conversation, she most definitely wouldn't believe it.

Well, maybe a little bit nerdy. That part of her current dinner companion shone through a fair bit as Amea spoke at length about her numerous escape plans for this particular bar, as well as a deep analysis of the thugs outside, all the while Kelsie munched away at what was left of her food. She was reminded of the differences between the two of them; most notably was the fact that Amea was paying attention and could remember all this, whereas Kelsie's jaw still stung from the blow earlier, the pain from which was distracting her from the pain in her ribs and from any thoughts resembling a coherent analysis of the last fight.

Still, she realized that her strategy was more observation and confrontation than escape, oddly enough. Probably because in the eyes of her previous 'employers' she was rather expendable; she could afford to end up in a fight, depending on the assignment. She'd like to think that it was because they trusted her skills and her team, but the general disregard for sentient lives certainly played a large part. But that stuff was boring. She just grinned at Amea. "Cool. You're pretty smart, y'know that?" She looked out the door, waiting for a few moments. The thugs didn't seem to be returning anytime soon. "I don't think we have anything to worry about."

She turned and looked back at Amea. "You're calling me confident? You should take a look in the mirror. I think those thugs would drop if they just took a look at you right now." The self-assured sip really did the trick.

Anyways, back to more normal stuff... how do you do conversation things again? "So, when you're done saving people and whatnot, where do you kick back? If I can get enough credits for fuel to get off this rock, maybe I'll come visit you."

Kelsie Sylvan Kelsie Sylvan

Like Amea in another way. The warden cleared her throat and let out a high pitched, “Mhm?” The temperature rose and slowly sunk back down again. Amea steadied her breathing and accepted the compliments with a weak, yet toothy grin on her lips. This evening had turned out to be a pretty good one. She got to punch someone, and just this once she had actually gained good company from it as opposed to the grudge of one or several local crime lords. Obviously there was still the chance it could lead to that but by Amea’s calculations she would most likely be long gone before then, or so she figured.

Amea scratched at her neck as Kelsie asked where she lived.

“I uh, don’t have a home.” She said and looked at her feet. “I’ve gone ship-to-ship for the last few months. I mean, I am practically wearing everything I own right now.”

Not that such a lifestyle was unusual, but it certainly made keeping physical contact with people a bit more difficult. Still, having somewhere to meet was pretty basic stuff, how hard could that be to find? Maybe here in this very cantina was a bad idea given the locals, and maybe anywhere was a bad idea, but…

“I usually tell people I’m from Dantooine and raised on a cattle farm. Sometimes with siblings, most of the time none.” Amea chuckled and glanced at Kelsie. “I would say that’s an option, but… Well. Not sure Sith space treats people like us the kindest right now.”

“... Nar Shaddaa? Terminus?"

"... Corsuscant if we have to?"

tumblr_oozbhlrLm51tyuv6po3_500_1.png

L O S T

Tag: Amea Virou Amea Virou

Kelsie nodded. She understood the feeling of having very little, but even on the days when she felt like she had nothing to her name she probably owned more than what Amea had on her. Honestly she didn't put all that much value in material wealth; it was usually just a means to an end, so she could appreciate the minimalism. Or... was it lack of wealth entirely? Amea didn't strike her as poor. Maybe it was just her lifestyle.

Still, the reminder that she had more than she thought was an important one. Credits wouldn't be too big a problem if she sold a few things on her ship. She could get some fuel, then get out of here, try to salvage something for herself. There were a few places she could go to, rest, and have a warm meal... but company was a much rarer treasure. "Think that hit to the head jogged my brain a bit," she muttered, rubbing her jaw. It had swelled a little bit, but now it didn't hurt as much.

"I mean, settling down on a farm someday doesn't sound so bad," she mused. Kelsie honestly wished she could really do something like that. She wasn't exactly equipped for the job, and there always felt like something else needing doing... "Yeah. Sith space isn't a place I'd like to be roaming. They don't like me over there." She smiled, remembering the last time she'd been there. It hadn't been that long ago that she'd been at the top of her game. She'd even thought she could take on the Emperor.

Kelsie looked at her now-empty plate, feeling rather content. Her day was... good. She'd remember the good parts. She'd rather like to forget why her jaw was swollen, but whatever. "Well, Amea from Dantooine with probably no siblings... I think I'll be heading out. I've got some ideas on how to drum up enough credits to get out of here." She stood up, picking up her jacket from off her chair. "Nar Shaddaa isn't so bad, I'll need to swing by there sometime soon. But Terminus... that place is pretty great. I'll buy you a drink next time. How 'bout we meet there in a few weeks? I'm sure there are more than enough thugs for you to beat up there." Oddly enough she had a feeling they'd cross paths again before then.

Kelsie Sylvan Kelsie Sylvan

There was an incredulous look on Amea’s face as Kelsie mentioned the farmer’s life. As much as she should have been more understanding of that life, Kelsie didn’t strike Amea as a farmer at all. If anything she would probably grow tired of it in a week. Not that Amea was any better, but at the very least she had an appearance to keep up. So, maybe that strike to the head had thrown something out of the loop after all.

Things began to wind down and with it, the moment began to pass. Plates were picked up, glasses emptied. Amea remained seated by the bar, Kelsie turned towards her. Amea from Dantooine she said, and Amea from Dantooine laughed. They agreed on Terminus, and with it…

“It’s a…” No, not that. “Yeah, I’d like that. Terminus, in a few weeks. Drinks and no injuries.”

And with that, Amea beamed Kelsie a smile. After a brief moment of goodbyes shared and numbers exchanged they’d go on their way. For Amea it meant waiting for the captain to return, for Kelsie it meant getting back on her feet. Easier said than done, but she had it in her. Amea could see that.

But much like they both suspected, it would take more than a few weeks until they met one another again. Though whatever happened then, well, that remained to be seen. Until then there were a great many other things that got in the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom