Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Snug And Fit!

I learned that to be a perfect wielder of the Force, one would need to seek some sort of balance in their lives. For me, it was crafting and constructing technological devices. My mask was one example, despite having some outside assistance. I like to pride myself on tinkering with objects, either to better what had been created or simply making something new and fashionably awesome. So one night as I laid in my bunk bouncing ideas of my mind, the idea of a collar came to the forefront.

This collar would be most helpful to the Inquisitors, Force and non-Force alike, to aid them in seeking out truths without relying on their own Force energies or other brutal methods of extracting information. The only question was, how would I go about creating such an object. For this I would need to speak with Matron again. The old man was currently helping me with my lightsabers, so I could only assume that he would have the knowledge I needed to at least point me in the right direction.

The next morning I practically jumped out of my bunk, quickly getting dressed, and headed down to the old man's workshop. "Matron," I said entering his paradise. The old man looked up from his work, where it appeared he was repairing some old battle droid of sorts, and answered, "Ah, Clovis! I was just thinking about you young man."

I explained to Matron what I was intending to fabricate, and that any help from that brilliant mind of his would be welcoming and refreshing. Matron tugged on his scraggly beard while the wheels of brilliance spun religiously. At last he finally said, "You should speak with Vicon." I shrugged my shoulders. With a sigh he added, "Vicon was once my apprentice before he fell on hard times, literally. He can, however, be quite useful to you."

"And where can I find this Vicon?"

"Well that's the tricky part, Clovis. If he doesn't want to be found then he won't be found." I shook my head in disgust, prompting Matron to add, "But I do know where he last resided. Nar Shaddaa!" I didn't have much dealings with the Hutts, and hoped to avoid such unpleasantries but it appeared that option was being ripped from me. "How sure, Matron, are you that he is still there?"

Matron grinned before replying, "Fifty-fifty. But he is your best option for now. So let's hope one part of that fifty-fifty equation is in your favor. Now if you'll excuse me, I have much work to do before lunch."

I called ahead to have the droids that worked on my personal ship, The Dirge, have her ready to go by the time I reached the hangar bay. The moment I sat in my pilot's chair, I charted a course to the Kessel Sector and one Hutt infested planet of Nar Shaddaa into the ship's navigational computer. Taking the controls in my hands, I eased her out of the hangar and headed up toward the stars. When we reached the coldness of space, I let the navigation computer go to work. And in one mighty whoosh, the ship made the jump into hyperspace.

A few hours later we came out of hyperspace and joined the swarm of smuggling ships that orbited the planet. I contacted one of the landing docks on the planet, and after getting confirmation and authorization to land, I flew my ship down to one of the hovering landing pads. Before leaving the cockpit, I put my ship in lockdown mode to prevent any theft of my beauty. I then spoke the command that ignited the battle protocol of the droids, another safety precaution, putting them into security mode. Even if someone was able to get passed the droids, they would still be trying to bypass the lockdown mode when I returned, and then they would find out first hand how much I hate thievery.

I've never been to this planet before, so I needed to ask directions on several occasions on where to find the Drameol District. It wasn't until I flashed a few credits that some foul smelling alien pointed me in the right direction. I grudgingly paid the alien and headed toward the district, where there was a fifty-fifty chance this Vicon was still living there. When I arrived to my destination, there seemed to be some ongoing trouble between the locals, one I didn't wish to get involved in, but sadly as fate would have it, I got dragged into the mix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom