Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Sneak Attack (The Good Kind)

BHBdVmO.jpg

Sneak Attack (The Good Kind)
Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Braze Braze

JgnWDAq.png

Loomi had found her heart aching for the last few days.

She hadn't been able to see much of Braze recently at all. She had been squirrelled away in her studies, trying her best to better herself as a fighter for the sake of her newly injured friend. She was getting stronger, but the time away was making her feel all the more anxious. Her mind kept drifting away, racing back to the snowy night on Eshan where the two of them had danced. The Godoan could not get the sensation of that moment out of her head, how the sheer cold vanished around them and their minds intertwined through their strange connection.

The padawan wanted that again.

So she knocked on Braze's door, eagerly waiting for a responce. There would be no beating around the bush whenever Braze answered. For the first time in her life, perhaps even uncharacteristically so, Loomi knew exactly what she wanted and blurted it out with little hesitation.

"Will you dance with me?" she asked abruptly, not even bothering with a hello. "Like on Eshan?"

dgxmq14-4d2aaa93-542a-4548-a4d5-8abe8fb38b16.png

TAGS:
Loomi Loomi
dgxmmvv-a37f840b-d383-4727-8658-db139c0bb7ca.png

Braze was enjoying a quiet moment to himself, lost in the rhythm of his own movements in the dining area, when a gentle knock at the door pulled him back to reality. With a curious tilt of his head, he made his way to the door, opening it to reveal Loomi standing there, an eager anticipation in her eyes. Before he could even offer a greeting, she blurted out her request, her words tumbling out in a rush that left him momentarily taken aback.

He couldn't help but smile warmly at her enthusiasm, a playful glint lighting up his eyes. "Did you find it that captivating?" he teased gently, his voice carrying a light, affectionate tone.

"Of course, we can dance," Braze assured her, stepping aside to welcome her in. "Let me just pick out some lovely music for us. But tell me," he continued, curiosity weaving through his words as he closed the door behind them, "What sparked this sudden desire to dance? Just looking for a bit of fun, or thinking it might come in handy at some grand affair?"

His question was genuine, a soft chuckle escaping him as he imagined them twirling around the room, lost in the music. Unbeknownst to him, Loomi's request may have been made based on something else.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

JgnWDAq.png

"What sparked this sudden desire to dance? Just looking for a bit of fun, or thinking it might come in handy at some grand affair?"

“I… I don’t know,” Loomi admitted. “I just… missed you, I think. I wanna feel like I did that day again…”

It had hardly been that long. A week and a half at most maybe? Why did that time feel like an eternity. Maybe a part of her felt like she was being a terrible friend, having neglected her connection with him for that long. After all, she had been training for his sake. Loomi didn’t want Braze to fight her battles, not like he had been wanting to. She wanted to pull her own weight. But now?

She had begun to hyper fixate and forget what she really cared about.

“Sorry, I hope that isn’t too sudden or demanding,” she apologized. “I just… I really wanna do it. And there’s something in my brain that doesn’t wanna stop me from asking you. I… don’t wanna stop me from asking you.”

TAGS:
Loomi Loomi
Braze greeted her with a warm, inviting smile. "There's no need for apologies," he whispered, his voice a comforting purr as he guided her inside. The door closed softly behind them, sealing away the world outside. He then selected a track of soft, somber music that filled the room with a gentle, enveloping melody, setting the stage for an evening defined by its quiet intimacy.

With a grace that mirrored the elegance of a Makashi salute, Braze offered Loomi a bow, an act both respectful and intimate. Extending his hand towards her, he said, "Let's just unwind and savor the moments as they come, shall we?" His encouragement was a soft caress, inviting her into a shared experience of simple pleasures in a shared dance and close moments.

As Loomi presumably placed her hand in his, Braze's touch was tender, drawing her near with a careful, measured grace. Though this type of manipulation of the Force was not his forte, leading to a somewhat unrefined control of his movements, there was a charming earnestness in his attempt. He carefully lifted her hand with his right, moving it to meet his left, their fingers weaving together in a delicate connection. His left hand, guided by intention and the Force, moved with a surprising gentleness.

He placed his other hand on her lower back, his touch light, as if she were something precious. As his hand found its place at her waist, he moved closer, pulling her gently, yet firmly, closer. The slow, deliberate movements were an unspoken desire to lead, yet also to cherish the moment shared between them.

Braze sought her gaze, his somber jade-green eyes inviting her into a moment of shared solitude. It was a look that sought not just her eye but her soul, a silent entreaty to join him in a dance that was less about the steps and more about the connection it fostered.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

JgnWDAq.png

Loomi simply let Braze lead her along. She didn't speak, only closing her eyes and letting the movement of her body be the conduit for her emotions. She needed this. With all the chaos and cofusion in the galaxy, there was so much that her scattered mind struggled to keep up with. More and more she felt like she was losing grip of reality. Not here...

But her heart still ached.

"Why do you look at me like that?" Loomi asked abrupty as they danced. "I... I still don't understand. I'm a different species, and I'm covered in nasty scars and mechanical substitutes for flesh..."

Her singular functional eye looked up at his face, her head still downcast.

"Shouldn't you find me disgusting? Or at the very least pitiful?"

She just couldn't understand.

TAGS: Loomi Loomi

As the soft, somber melody enveloped the room, Braze gently guided Loomi to rest her head against his chest. The close proximity allowed her to hear the steady rhythm of his heart, a comforting and intimate connection that seemed to anchor them in the moment. The dance was slow, their movements synchronized in a way that spoke volumes of their growing bond.

Feeling her tension and the weight of her insecurities, Braze leaned down slightly, his voice a soothing whisper meant only for her. "Does any of what you see in yourself stop me from enjoying your company?" he asked, his tone gentle yet earnest. "Would you rather I felt differently about you?"

He paused, giving her a moment to absorb his words, before continuing. "I won't pretend that I wasn't taken aback by your wings, your antennae, and the scars that tell stories of your battles. Yes, the missing limbs and the marks of your past are there. But should that change how I feel about you? Absolutely not."

Braze's voice carried a warmth that filled the space between them, his words weaving a tapestry of acceptance and admiration. "It's true, these are parts of you, but they're not all you are. Your personality, Loomi, shines brighter than any star I've ever seen. Your kindness, your spirit, your unwavering good intentions—that's what I see when I look at you. That's what matters."

He shifted slightly, ensuring she was comfortable against him as they continued their dance. "You're my friend, Loomi. And nothing—no initial sentiment or surprise at your appearance—can blind me to the beauty of your soul. Life is unpredictable; anyone can face tragedy or change. But why should that stop us from loving, from finding joy in each other?"

Braze's confession was heartfelt, his words painting a picture of a bond that transcended physical appearances and societal expectations. "You evoke desires in me, desires to see you smile, to ensure your happiness. Yes, I feel pity for the pain you've endured, for the injustices that have been inflicted upon you. It's a tragedy, but it doesn't diminish my affection for you. It doesn't repulse me. It only makes me admire your strength more."

The dance slowed even further, their movements barely more than a sway. "You're incredibly important to me, Loomi. And I want you to know that. Your courage, your resilience, and your heart—these are the things I cherish. These are the reasons I find myself drawn to you, wanting to be by your side."

As the melody around them dwindled to a soft, lingering note, Braze gently slowed their dance, creating a moment of stillness between them. With a tender motion, he pulled back slightly, just enough to look into Loomi's eye, ensuring he had her full attention. Then, with a gesture filled with affection and reverence, he leaned down and pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead.

"Besides," he began, his voice soft yet filled with conviction, "How else can I view you? Your imperfections, if they can even be called that, are what make you uniquely you. It's like with pottery; when it's broken, it can be mended with gold, transforming those once-considered flaws into marks of beauty. That's who you are, Loomi. You aren't broken. You're made more valuable, more beautiful by the harsh past you've endured."

He paused, allowing his words to sink in, his gaze never wavering from hers. "So, let me enjoy looking at you, at all of you. Because if I ever go blind, I won't be able to see you. Let me enjoy and cherish your natural beauty now, in this moment."

Last edited:

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

JgnWDAq.png

Loomi could really only look up at Braze and take in his words. She knew it was how he thought, and she didn't want him to stop thinking about her in this manner, but how could she take it on the chin? Especially considering her past, all of this was overwhelming. The emotions were strong, swirling around them in a more powerful manner now. How was she even supposed to respond to any of this?

So she began to cry.

"I-I..." she began to "G-golly..."

The Godoan laid her head on Braze's chest for a moment, very likely getting his shirt covered in tears in the process. She'd look back up after a bit of silence, giving a pout.

"You... won't ever think differently of me, will you?" she asked.

TAGS:
Loomi Loomi

Braze lifted his one good hand, attempting to tenderly run his fingers through her hair, caressing her softly.
"No... I don't think I will," Braze declared, leaning in to press another kiss onto her head. He gently pulled away and guided her to the living room, seating her on the couch. "Hold on..." He vanished into the back where his room was and rummaged through it briefly. He returned with a small, plastic spaceship bubble and presented it to Loomi.

"When ever you have doubt you can look at this to remember. " Braze stated. In side the bubble was a black velvet cloth that encased the ring. It was a garnet. "It stands for trust, friendship, loyalty, and passion." Braze offered softly.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

JgnWDAq.png

"It's... beautiful..."

Loomi looked up at Braze again.

"Braze, I feel so many different and confusing things right now," she began. "I-I don't even know where to begin describing them. It's just... an itch in the back of my head, and every time I'm with you it won't go away. I... I don't know what I'm feeling... and that really scares me..."

Her hand couldn't help but squeez his tighter. It was involuntary, a simple action that gave her some level of comfort. Loomi sighed, her antennae curling back nervously as she tilted her head, trying to get a wrap on how Braze might react to all of this.

"I just... I know I don't want you to leave."

TAGS:
Loomi Loomi
Braze regarded her with a thoughtful expression, his voice soft and inquisitive. "Where do you think I'm going to go?" he asked gently, a hint of curiosity in his tone. He gestured to himself, emphasizing his current situation. "I can't really go anywhere as it is," he pointed out, highlighting the limitations that bound him with his paralyzed arm.

He paused for a moment, considering her concern further. "If I did go away, what would change?" he continued, his question hanging in the air between them. Braze's gaze was steady, seeking not just to understand her fears but also to reassure her.

"I don't think much will change if I was gone," Braze offered quietly, his voice barely above a whisper. He was trying to comfort her, to minimize his importance in the grand scheme of things, yet his words carried a small weight of sadness.

"I think you might be a little lonelier, sure... but you have lots of other friends, yeah?"
he added, attempting to offer a silver lining. His attempt to downplay his significance in her life was tinged with a subtle acknowledgment of their bond, suggesting that while others might fill the void, the unique connection they shared could not be easily replaced.

Braze's voice held a note of solemn wisdom as he spoke, his words flowing with a gentle earnestness. "Sooner or later, we all go... You should try to be prepared for that; Some times Sooner, than Later. " he began, his gaze soft yet piercing, "Not everything works out how we picture it either... I can't tell you how many times my dreams and visions for the future have been ruined or taken away."

He paused, allowing the weight of his words to sink in, reflecting on the unpredictability of life and the often harsh reality of dreams deferred. "It's best to live in the moment, in the here and now, and enjoy life. Try not to have any regrets," he continued.

Braze encouraged her to embrace her desires and convictions, "Live authentically and without reservation. Do what you think feels right... what you want; Live fully, embracing each moment with the awareness that the future is uncertain, but the present is a gift to be cherished and lived to its fullest."

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

JgnWDAq.png

"Braze..."

Loomi's heart sank. She had other friends? Everyone left eventually? Why was he talking like he was going to die soon? Of course she knew that everyone died eventually, but that didn't change this moment right now. And if he did end up dying, then who would even replace him? There were no other Brazes in the galaxy, nobody who could be the person standing in front of her right now. She would not accept this, not now. He mattered too much to her.

"I know we all go..." Loomi muttered. "And I know I have more friends... but none of them are you. I... I want as much time with you as I can. You mean so much to me."

And that wasn't going to change.

Braze looked at Loomi, taking in every detail of her face, the way her eye sparkled the curve of her lips with each passing expression. He felt a warmth spreading within him, a sense of belonging that he hadn't felt in a long time.

Braze thought about what Loomi had said, his mind filled with a mix of emotions. He looked at her, taking in the unique beauty of her face, the depth in her singular eye, and the strength in her presence.

"Well... Loomi, you have me now, don't you?" he said softly, his voice carrying a hint of mirth. He reached out to gently take her hand in his, his touch tender as he rubbed his thumb pad over the back of her hand.

"What do you want to do?"
Braze asked, a small smile playing on his lips as he waited for her response, his heart beating a little faster in anticipation of her answer.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

JgnWDAq.png

"What do you want to do?"

"Maybe... maybe just stand here for a moment."

Loomi just didn't want this moment to leave her so quickly. It always felt line an eternity between seeing the people she cared about, but especially so with Braze. With her memory so fuzzy all the time, it made it hard to keep track of everything going on around her. She didn't want to lose this. Loomi needed time. She was happy to just soak in this moment with her Echani companion.

But something felt... strange.

"I... feel funny," she admitted. "L-like warm, a-and my stomach is a little spinny. I think I might be sick again..."

It would be clear just by feeling her forehead that Loomi was, in fact, not running a fever at all.

Braze, sensing Loomi's hesitance and the subtle quiver in her voice, gently leaned in. He nuzzled her softly, wrapping his arm around her in an embrace meant to shield and reassure to offer her comfort. "It sounds like you have 'butterflies in your tummy'," Braze whispered. His explanation was laced with an affectionate tenderness.

"They aren't literal, though. When I say I have 'butterflies in my stomach' around you, it's because there's this happy, fluttery nervousness that takes over me. It's because I really care about you and what you think of me. It's like the body's way of signaling how excited it is to be with someone else."

He paused, ensuring his words had the space to settle in her heart, to resonate with the whirlwind of emotions they were both very likely experiencing. "This feeling, it's special, Loomi. It's not something to be afraid of. It's a sign of something beautiful—of the connection and affection we share."

Braze's gaze held Loomi's, seeking to convey the depth of his sincerity. "You're not sick, not in the way you think. You're feeling the warmth and excitement of being close to someone who cares deeply for you. And I... I'm right here with you, feeling it too." His hug tightened.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

JgnWDAq.png

"This feeling, it's special, Loomi. It's not something to be afraid of. It's a sign of something beautiful—of the connection and affection we share."

"I... I like the sound of that," she admitted, giving an optimistic smile.

The connection and affection they shared... She could feel their bond through the force, of course, but there was something far more profound than just that connection between them. Loomi didn't fully understand it, but maybe that was okay. Perhaps the best way to understand all of this was to just be here and experience it with the young Echani. That was good, she thought. It certainly eased a lot of her anxieties about the previous thoughts swimming around her head they had just spoke on.

"So..." Loomi began again, "What... do I do with this feeling?"

Her face suddenly becomes bright red. The way that he was talking about all of this made it seem like it was a matter of great importance. Should she have figured out what that funny feeling meant on her own and then told him?

"W-was there supposed to be a way to talk about it?" she asked. "Y-you made it sound like a really big deal... I-I'm sorry if me asking what it was made it underwhelming..."

Last edited:

Braze, his eyes soft with understanding, offered Loomi a warm smile, his hand reaching out to gently cup her cheek. "There's no need to apologize, Loomi," he said softly.

"And...Well... I don't really know," Braze began softly, his tone reflecting the depth of his contemplation. "I think it's different across cultures and individuals... So I guess... we do what we want with it and decide for ourselves what's good and what's not good."

He paused, his gaze shifting to meet Loomi's singular eye with a sense of earnestness. "I'm not sure how your species is meant to work...

But I don't think that really matters...

What I think really matters is understanding our feelings and understanding ourselves...

I don't really know how to have a good friendship...

And a more intimate relationship is a step beyond friendships...

I'm not entirely sure I even know what I want from a relationship beyond friendship...

But I would like to think it's good to be friends first with someone I would consider a partner... I think there's a lot of expectation surrounding couples and whatnot...

And I don't think anyone really likes to talk about it because it's just very different for everyone...

And it really should be a compromise of needs and expectations and takes a whole lot of straightforward and honest communication which people don't like to do, let alone when it can be about intimate things they may feel vulnerable about...

Trust is a big thing and to share something like that you really have to trust someone because if they break your trust you can be hurt pretty bad... In a way that may not heal...

Every feeling, every moment we share together is important, whether it's big or small. And yes, I think talking about it can be a way to understand and appreciate those feelings even more."

He leaned in closer, his gaze meeting hers with a gentle intensity. "But there's no right or wrong way to express what's in your heart. It's about what feels right to you, what you're comfortable with. And if sharing your thoughts and feelings with me is how you want to explore this..."

Braze's words hung in the air, laden with a weight of truth and vulnerability. "Let's take it one step at a time," he suggested, his thumb brushing lightly against her cheek. "We can talk about it as much or as little as you'd like. What matters most is that we're together, sharing this moment, this connection."

With a tender smile, he added, "And I wouldn't want it any other way."

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

JgnWDAq.png

Loomi took a moment to absorb all of that information. It made sense, or at least to her it did. She tilted her head, thoughtfully taking all of it in. Rather than answer Braze with any words, the Godoan simply leaned in, giving the young Echani a warm hug.

"That's okay with me," she decided. "I don't fully understand all of this, but I care about my connection with you a lot. I... I trust you."

And that was the important part of all of this. She trusted that what Braze said was genuine. She felt it. They didn't need to immediately do anything about whatever this was, as long as they could just confide in each other. That was ultimately what she wanted, so she wasn't too worried about rushing into uncharted territory.

But she did have some questions about words stated by other people, specifically...

"But dating is often teen stuff too, if that's what you're interested in."
"It's not a stupid question," Makko said. "They're dating,"

"Uh, Braze..." she began. "So... about that date thing you took me on a while ago... to that cafe, I mean... Is this like... Is that a dating? I've heard people use that word. Are we doing that?"

"Well, yeah, kind of... it's called dating, like a verb. It means you take someone on dates. You can date whoever you like, I think. Dating is how humans find out who they like. Well, couples can go on dates too. It's, uh... hmm, how to put this..."

He thought about it hard for a few moments before letting his scholarly mind take over, similar to how he approached his papers. "A date is usually an outing between two people who may have a romantic interest in each other. This type of date often involves spending time together to get to know each other better. Activities might include going to dinner, watching a movie, or participating in other activities together. It can be a crucial part of the courtship process, providing an opportunity for individuals to explore potential romantic feelings. It's a social engagement," he clarified.

He pondered further. "People use dates to determine if potential romantic partners might be a good fit. This doesn't necessarily mean they automatically become your girlfriend or boyfriend. You and that person have to come to an agreement about being a couple or whatever relationship status you want to have. I think that's when you discuss your needs and expectations, trying to find a compromise between what each partner needs and expects.

Couples, both married and not, often go on dates because they are fun. It's a good way for the natural courtship process to unfold.
Different cultures and peoples have varied societal roles and expectations. Some cultures might expect exclusivity between two people from the very beginning, while others might encourage or expect certain members to find multiple partners. Others view courtship and marriage as a business deal for families.

Love should feel natural and fulfill your own needs first. If you find yourself in a situation or a relationship that doesn't fit or makes you uncomfortable, it's crucial to evaluate what's best for you."

He leaned in slightly, emphasizing his point with gentle sincerity. "It's about finding what makes you happy and fulfilled. Never feel pressured to conform to a certain type of relationship if it doesn't align with who you are or what you desire. The essence of love and dating is to discover what best suits you, to find joy and companionship in a way that resonates with your heart. So, Loomi, always prioritize your happiness and well-being. Make choices that are true to yourself, and don't be afraid to reevaluate if something doesn't feel right."

Last edited:

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

JgnWDAq.png

Oh. That was a lot of words.

This 'romance' thing seemed like really complicated business. She wasn't excactly following everything that closely, but she did very much uncestand what the last thing said was:

The essence of love and dating is to discover what best suits you, to find joy and companionship in a way that resonates with your heart. So, Loomi, always prioritize your happiness and well-being. Make choices that are true to yourself, and don't be afraid to reevaluate if something doesn't feel right.

"Okay... I understand," she nodded.

Loomi maybe didn't process all of the words that she was hearing, but she did understand that. This was about being happy and making a shared connection with another person, one that fostered good things for both people. She was beginning to realize why all those people she had spoken to talked about it like they had.

"So love... it's like the friend kind, but not the friend kind, but similar, but not..." Loomi muttered, almost more to herself than anything. She'd look up at Braze with her singular good eye. "And... if I felt this thing towards you... that wouldn't change how you see me, would it?"

Could they still be friends to? If he didn't feel such a way, would he outright dislike her for suggesting she could feel something so... weird? Was it weird? It made her stomach feel strange, but not in a bad way.

Why was this so confusing?

Braze leaned back, his expression softening as he sensed the confusion and vulnerability in Loomi's voice. He shook his head gently, a reassuring smile gracing his lips. "No, it wouldn't change how I see you," he affirmed, his tone warm .

"Loomi, feelings like these—complex and profound—they're a part of what makes us who we are. They add depth to our relationships, whether they're friendships or something more. If you felt something for me, it would be a honor to know that I hold such a special place in your heart. It doesn't make things weird or awkward. It's just another facet of life experience, of learning about ourselves and each other."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom