Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech SM - 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
sonic_wave_gun_beautyshot.jpg
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Mirdirmorut
  • Affiliation: Mirdirmorut, Closed-Market
  • Model: SM - 2
  • Modularity: No

• Production: Minor
  • Material: Durasteel, sonic weapon components.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Sonic Rifle
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Ammunition Type: Power cell
  • Ammunition Capacity: 200 shots unarmoured, 50 shots armoured

• Reload Speed: Slow
  • Effective Range: Average
  • Rate of Fire: Average
  • Stopping Power: Low
  • Recoil: Very Low
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Two settings on the weapon one for unarmoured opponents one for armoured opponents.
Strengths:
  • Vibrations are tickling my feet - can vibrate the metals within a set of armour.
Weaknesses:
  • EMP me - EMP's can shut down this weapon fairly easily.
  • Metals - Is set to affect only certain metals such as Durasteel, Laminasteel, Duraplast, Desh, Trimantium.

• Vibrations are cutting of sir - The sound eventually dissipate and become less efficient the further away it goes

DESCRIPTION
Mirdirmorut was looking at sonic weaponry and realised that there was a sever lack of weapons that could affect armour or even people, especially force users. So this weapon was made with that in mind. This weapon can affect the metal within a suit of armour vibrating it making sonic dampeners nullified in there attempts to stop it. However it is susceptible to EMP's shutting it down and the like. It is however only set to a small range of armour metals. The cone range is all the way average range however it becomes less effective the further it goes. At the furthest range it reaches a width of 5 meters in it's cone shape.

Netherworld

[member="Rex Taff"]

This is a neat idea, but I've a couple of questions.

1. How does it just 'nullify' sonic dampeners?
  2. Various metals will respond to a sonic wave at different frequencies. I suggest you pick a few metals you want to affect with the weapon and limit it to that.
  3. Finally, how does it fire the sonic wave? Beam, cone, 'shot'?

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
[member="Netherworld"]

Thanks
1. it vibrates the metal itself. sonic dampeners from my knowledge can't help you with that.
2. I was thinking maybe beskar, phrik, durasteel and other metals used in armours in specific. Thoughts?
3. I was thinking in a cone personally

Netherworld

[member="Rex Taff"]

Sonic dampeners protect from loud sounds. What effect did you envision that vibrating metal would have?

"Metals used in armors" can be literally anything, so I'll need that narrowed down.

Please specify the maximum cone expansion then, and you'll need to add that the further downrange the target is (ie personal vs long range), the lesser the effect will be due to cone dispersal.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
[member="Netherworld"]

Sorry been busy IRL and hadn't had a chance to look this sub over.

The thought I had of the vibrating metal of the armour was to either affect the person inside with the vibrations or have to armour start falling apart.

As for the metals I was thinking Durasteel, Phrik, Beskar, Armorweave, Trimantium.

I am think the cone range would be all the way to average range.

Netherworld

[member="Rex Taff"]

Well. Any anti-sonic damage countermeasures (the physical impact of it) would work just as well for vibrations. As for beskar and phrik falling apart, I don't see that happening from vibrations produced by a handheld sonic weapon. Phrik is known to have withstood the composite beam of the Death star, and beskar displays similar levels of resistance.

Armorweave isn't a metal, it's a type of material that can be made from various metals. Durasteel and trimantium are fine, though. You can pick a few other metals to replace phrik, beskar, and armorweave. Five is a good number.

Rex Taff said:
The cone range is all the way average range however it becomes less effective the further it goes.
  • I meant how wide the cone is at the furthest point it can reach. Five meters? Ten?
  • You'll also need to add that to the Weaknesses section.

Netherworld

[member="Rex Taff"]

Rex Taff said:
Changed them to Laminasteel, Duraplast, Desh The cone's size at the largest point, I am thinking would be 5 meters wide. Added the weakness

Rex Taff said:
Metals - Is set to affect only certain metals such as Durasteel, Phrik, Beskar, Armorweave, Trimantium.
I'm guessing the edits didn't go through? If so, please make them, and add the 5 meter cone width into the description as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom