Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sluis Van - That's a lot of ship. [GUIDE | Enigma]

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Magdalena Lethe"]

"Why Miss Lethe, I'm hurt." She gave a facetious response. "I assure you this reactor has successfully gone through the same testing procedures, not to mention safety tests, that all our power sources have gone through. Yours will merely be its first direct implementation upon a ship - unless you wish to use one of our older 1.5:1 reactors, which we should be able to refit to a 1.25:1 in time. Ultimately, such is your decision, but it'll be better for the ship if it's worked with from the beginning."

Again, this was Magdalena's way of doing things. Vanessa remembered she was the one with the order.

"Hn," lips drawing sideways in thought, Magda gave a small sigh, "just ...give me a moment to talk to my associate." Batting a polite smile at [member="Circe Savan"] she trotted off to the side of the ...hall? Chamber? Somewhere quiet and private. There she pulled out her comm and proceeded to have a short, animated conversation with her brother [member="Gabriel Lethe"] that ended in a way she hadn't anticipated.

Gabriel loved these ships. Rather, he loved the idea of these ships considering they weren't even out of production yet. Fast, high-tech, dangerous - she should have known. And so, feeling less reassured than she had before, Magda opted to take a leap of faith and test her luck.

She returned to Vanessa Kuhn's side with another sigh and a slow, stilted nod, "We'll do it, but I'll be wanting to take out a very good insurance policy on them..." she smirked.

In Umbris Potestas Est

"Of course, I would expect nothing less. That said, all I require now is an approximate length. Once I have such, we can then proceed onwards with, you know, the development of the ship. If there are any other particular requests, please make them now - the prototype vessel will be handed to you upon completion in order to see whether or not you approve of its design. If not, changes will be made - but if you like it, then we'll get to producing more of them."

Such seemed like the best way to proceed, certainly.

"Very well, I have my notes here somewhere..." Magda pulled the main flap of her shoulder bag and began searching through it. Pocket after pocket after pocket after how many pockets did this thing have? "Here we are," and finally from within she produced a datapad, "bottom of the bag as usual."

"Right, so, I'm mostly looking for a personal transport large enough to comfortably house two travelers with the necessary living amenities but small enough so as to be, well, portable. Able to land at most any spaceport, even the small ones. Seems we won't need to devote quite as much room to fuel storage so perhaps we can open that up for more basic storage - survival kits, space suits, perhaps a few basic weapons for self defense. Nothing fancy."

"It will need to be fast and maneuverable with the best shields you can manage for its size, as well I'd like to have them equipped with an array of different sensors and scanners. Navigation and communication, obviously, must be top notch. One or two small, auxiliary weapons might not be a bad idea, you know - just in case. All in all I think we're looking at something around 18 to 20 meters?"

She looked up from her notes and smiled impishly, "Of course this is what I envision in an ideal world. You're the ship building expert here, so if I'm asking for cake when we can only have cookies you let me know."

[member="Circe Savan"]

In Umbris Potestas Est

"Personally, I would recommend going for something around thirty meters in length to ensure the proper level of luxury you require. All the functionality you request should be able to fit into such a design, and it will still fit in both small spaceports and hangar bays." She nodded, pondering over the list of varying requests. "I should be able to fit these into your design, Miss Lethe."

It did seem like quite a simple design, overall.

"Thirty meters?" she blinked and looked over her notes, "It's a big bigger than I had in mind. I, personally, fly a Santhe Challenger, Luxury Edition, and at 24 meters it's even a bit more than I really need. But I suppose the extra space would be prudent. Being able to store a speeder or two might be nice..."

A sigh and then a shrug. She smiled, "Oh, fudge, let's just see what you come up with."

Beggars couldn't be choosers, or so the saying went. But was it really begging when they elected to invest of their own free will? Mags liked to think not. Business based on begging simply wasn't smart.

[member="Circe Savan"]

In Umbris Potestas Est

Vanessa nodded. "If you had some free time, I'd be more than glad to directly get your input on what you'd like to see in the GUIDE Transport. With some basics, of course - a length of thirty meters, a class 1 hyperdrive, and a degree of modularity for you to tinker with it in whatever way you see fit. After all, once they leave our factories, they become yours.."

Aftermarket parts could always further improve her craft beyond what they were originally designed for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom