Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slower Posting

I feel sort of silly posting this because I feel like few people will even notice a difference, but yes, I have finally caught a case of Real Life. I have a new job and it is becoming very apparent that I cannot keep up with threads at the same rate I used to. There have been several incidents in which I misread or misunderstood people's posts, leading to confusion and some frankly pretty embarrassing mistakes. The one thing all my latest gaffes have had in common is that I am either a) tired from work and not thinking clearly as I'm writing, or b) rushing to get a post in before I go to work, because I know I will be tired afterwards.

Until further notice, I will be severely cutting back on my participation in group/faction threads (more posts to read=higher risk of me getting confused or forgetting things). I will still be posting, but mainly in private threads. Posting may be slower as I will catch up on threads during my days off.

I will also try to focus my efforts on fewer characters. I've been stretching myself too thin across too many characters for far too long, and it's negatively impacted both my storytelling and my enjoyment of writing. So I may start killing people off or letting certain characters retire. If you are absolutely desperate to RP with one of my characters, I suggest you DM me now or forever hold your peace.

It happens. I know it's pretty cliche to say "RL comes first" but it is true. You're dealing with a lot of stuff and there's no shame in cutting back to accommodate. Still looking forward to chatting with ya and writing with ya, and if you ever need to cut off a thread between us then no hard feelings, I get it. Good luck with your new job, and all other endeavors!

Completely understandable. Hope you get the rest you need. If you have any FUs you'd be willing to kill of, I volunteer to be the final blow lol. And you can always resurrect them later, if you so choose. Either way, hope things look up for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom