Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slipping and Sliding

"Ok"

They were falling straight down, "Get ready Coren I'm going to say it soon, don't be nervous" She could feel him being nervous she could feel his confidence trying to find it's way to the surface and be the man she always expected him to be.

"NOW!!!" She cried out to him, "Pull it" They'd be able to float all the way to the bottom

She waited to hear what he would say or do, or feel..

[member="Coren Starchaser"]

Coren was loving the feeling of the wind, it was similar to that time Rekha took him and Spark and put them on thrantas. All these experiences without a starship, without engine beneath his command, it was invigorating. The last he had this was on ocean swells on Corellia. He had found similar experiences on both Dac and Arda, but his homeworld was just that, home.

And she was gone. He wasn’t sure why he was so nostalgic today. The thoughts wandered, but they soon wandered back to the fall, edged back to the here and now by Wren’s voice. He was going to have to stop the fall, that he knew, but he’d wait.

And wait.

And right before she said now, he could feel it in the Force, he reached for the cord, giving it a firm yank.

[member="Serena Bouie"]

They stopped as soon as the chute opened and filled with air and now they were drifting, Serena held tightly to the cords directing where they went.

“Look around Coren, isn’t this beautiful. Look at the cave walls, in here right now it’s not dark at all it’s just green, lush and waiting for us to find out what secret it holds. I’ve made arrangements to see the crystal cave, but we have to be careful too long in there and it will kill us”

And then she thought they’d be going down the lava tube, it was just another way to get where they needed to go.

What lay at the end Serena had waited her whole life to see, she hoped it was worth it.

“Coren you ok?” She could feel bits of emotion radiate off of him but her mind was split right now as she watched the walls, watched the floor and tried to keep them on course, the force reached up and gathered around them giving them energy, and strength.

The feeling of freefall was definitely something else. He’d been trained, traditionally, as a pilot before he became a navigator and explorer, and part of that was prepping for going EV, both in atmosphere and out of atmosphere. But during those times, it was watching his O2, his fall velocity and for anything to identify the ground when CSARs came around. This? It was infinitely better.

The cave walls, there was something about getting planetside, it was the best place there was. And he was going to take his time on this one, to observe and fall for the world around him, as was typical. Sure, he was Corellian, but he could enjoy other worlds, just not that much.

A vacation is just what Coren needed, and this was providing that.

But a cave, that could kill them? Where was Wren dragging him? “I’m great, Wren. Just taking it all in. These past few months… I’ve had so much going on, so much war, and loss that I’ve forgotten what its like to just… exist.”

[member="Serena Bouie"]

Green vines crawled from the bottom of the cave upwards seeking sunlight. She was relieved to hear he was taking it all in." She nodded, "we aren't existing when we do this hon, we are living"

The cool air pushed up from the darkness the cave was colder than the outside air she loved it in here. The formations, the flowers that sparkled like raindrops on the walls shades of yellow, blue, pink and purples it was paradise.

Serena pulled up on the cords as they drifted downwards. From here she could not show him what she had researched. "it's almost a different world Coren. You can forget all that brings you down in here, find a moment that takes your breath away, hold onto it for it will never be the same as your first time."

Serena tugged again turning the chute catching the updraft.

"There's beautiful wondrous thing to see in here, and I can take you to one of them right after we are on the floor." Serena had it in her mind, she was sharing with Coren the things that made her happy in hopes that it would make him happy to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom