Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slipping and Sliding

And lead on she did. She had this particular basket prepared ahead of time and it took something to put it all together, "Bring that small blanket please Coren" She called over her shoulder.

She went out looking to the falls so far off and still so beautiful. She waited for Coren to bring the blanket who taking the initiative spread it out. Serena kneeled down and took out a container of nerf sausages, couple sliced of spiced loaf, Ryshcate, and cooling inside a few bottles of spiced ale. It was everything Corellian she could find, she beamed with pride at the little bit they had. It wasn't meant to be a heavy meal but she wanted Coren to have something special today.

He was Corellian and with Corellia have been destroyed she wanted to give him that little taste of his culture.

She opened the ale and handed one to Coren, "can't have too many of those it might do nasty things to your stomach. So...what do you think?" She wanted his approval of her choices, and she hoped she had chosen well. It was important to her to do something for him that made him happy.

[member="Coren Starchaser"]

Yep, see, he could take orders. Having grabbed the blanket, he made to follow Wren up to where she was going to set up camp, the picnic, whichever. Naboo had a great atmosphere and this whole Lake Country bit, he could get used to this every so often. Not that he’d be calling it home, but it was a nice place to take a shore leave, like he was doing now. And the company here didn’t hurt. He smiled as he helped lay down the blanket.

When he saw the contents of her picnic, he was taken aback. He knew people remembered things, but taking the initiative to bring as much Corellian food as she did? That was something else! “Where did you find all this?” He said, taking the ale that was passed to him. That was going to taste good!

“This is really… wow, Wren!” He smiled, taking a sip. “And yeah, I have a feeling I want to enjoy what you’re bringing me to, a few more after might help, though.” He laughed as he joined her on the blanket. Sometimes he wasn't always mission focused.

[member="Serena Bouie"]

[SIZE=12pt]Serena could feel that what she had hoped to do had worked Coren smiled and was happy to see so much of the food culture of his world laid out before him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]It was but a small thing she could do for him and it had taken a little doing. “Well I finagled some of it, and bartered a couple, and gave puppy eyes to one person until I had enough to put the basket together.” She laughed some then too as she opened the ale, “I’ve never had this before so this will be new for me.” She took a sip rather than a long draw it was an interesting taste on her tongue. She swallowed slowly.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“That’s good” She could get use to it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Setting the bottle down “I hope you enjoy it” not that it took a lot of planning, it was just one of those things that well someone could love it or hate it. She knowing a little bit about him and his love of life so to speak she felt he would like it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She was glad he wasn’t focused on any mission, this was just them sitting talking, relaxing. She would do her best to stay away from mission things, and keep on the relaxation.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“So have you ever been inside a lava tube?” Her blue eyes watched for his response.[/SIZE]

It was nice. He had been doing his best to avoid the way the galaxy had been, and dove into work and other such frivolities in order to skip past the concept that his homeworld, where most things that had anchored him to a world, was destroyed. What Wren had managed here? Nothing short of the most wonderful surprise he could have imagined.

“So, you put the time into it?” He laughed and shook his head. “It’s probably the nicest thing someone’s done for me.” Probably because he couldn’t really remember life before and right now? His life had been a mission after another, chasing the Sith, and establishing the Frontiers Corps. Jorus had done a great job but he was missing from the main galaxy, off on another trip, he was sure. Probably going to come back with a handful of new toys for the Underground.

Maybe.

Here he was relaxing, and then came a talk of… lava tubes? “No… I can’t say I’ve ever done anything revolving around lava… At all. Should I be nervous?"

[member="Serena Bouie"]

“You’re welcome Coren” She smiled brightly glad to have done something he liked. Truth was this little trip had to be planned ahead of time, come at the wrong time and the conditions would be wrong.

Was that a bit of nervousness in his voice when he said he had never been in a lava tube? “No Coren nothing to be nervous about, this is just the tube that the lava left behind and now it has another purpose, we’re going to go tubing through it” It wasn’t anything small by any means, not these tubes interlaced and opened up ..well she wouldn’t give it away.

“You can put it in the column of tried it….and then either liked it or…hated it” Serena picked up a piece of the cake, “I hear that this was only made for special occasions.”
This was a special occasion they were together again that was occasion enough.

“My brothers gave me a message for you, they said you’d understand being a guy and all” She reached into one of her pockets and handed it over to Coren.
“Is this some kind of man code thing?” She was still getting use to having brothers again, they were….interesting.

Idly, he wondered how long Wren had been planning this little outing for them. He wasn’t quite sure what they were going to be doing, but with most things, conditions were always changing, like with surf, or diving, and they needed to be checked days before anyone went out to do anything. He tipped his head to the side. “Tubing, huh? Like… down water?” He knew of that, they made theme parks out of it. He thought his good-for-nothing cousin-nephew thing had a resort based around it. As always, he was interested in seeing what was going to happen.

He smiled at her and grabbed some of the cake. “Yeah, we use cake for a variety of things.” Taking a bite, he nodded. “This one… though.” What was that he was tasting?

Quirking an eyebrow, he accepted the piece of paper from Wren, taking a quick look at to what her brother’s had written before speaking up again.

[member="Serena Bouie"]

Her visit home had yielded many things, like how to be embarassed by one's family. But it was the feeling of closeness she felt around them, she knew they cared, knew they had missed her, and were doing their best short of falling down over one another to push memories to the surface. It was the only thing that made sense of their behavior.
Dinner at home...a repeat of some memories she had already had, familiar stories and faces. Things that made her face red, or choke when they happened.

Sitting there quietly trying to eat her rice pudding, one sister opens her mouth and shows she has some pudding in there, a brother across the table yells SEAFOOD.

Her mother tells a story of how her one brother’s girlfriend used a can of dust free on his….nether region, dropping him to the floor like a bag of rocks, having to call poison control to be told to get a Qtip to…evacuate the….opening of any…chemicals. The woman couldn’t believe that..the girl had..actually…dusted out.his..well..you get the picture…

Or the discussion of sex education right there, the...way ...things.......worked. It would make any woman blush! And it had. And it still did.

So…yeah the note could say anything.

The cake is good, it reminds me of something..I don’t know what though” She took another sip of the ale to wash it down. Then she took a deep breath, clean air, it felt good to be here.

So…you’re ok with the lava tubes, and I know you’re good with swimming. So I guess the question is will you trust me to jump into a hole in the ground, that starts off dark?” She was telling him everything, she wanted him to be aware.

They’d have to go soon in order to get there on time, but the weather was so good and so relaxed..she felt…no need to rush.

That was the thing of being home. It brought up a lot of family talk. And Coren enjoyed that, but his? His family was scattered to the wind, just like would be expected from a family named Starchaser, his son was around Laekia, working the defense and as a sometimes instructor for the Levantines, his daughter was out… doing things like he did, that was… It was nice, wasn’t it? She took after him.

Then who understood what the twins were doing, sure, not his kids, but still, he was Starchaser Patriarch, after all.

He looked at her. “Cake, reminding you of things?” Only thing Cake reminded him of was music, but that was a whole different plane of existence. “Trust you? Wren, we survived that…” He waved his hand off. “Whatever temple we were in. I don’t think you’ll lead me astray."

[member="Serena Bouie"]

“I won’t I would always protect you” She answered with clarity. She looked at the cake again, “yes, reminds me of home being with all my family. They.” She laughed. “They seem so different from me, and yet I could feel just how much they loved me, missed me” Serena shook her head.

“I wonder about that” She let out a deep sigh, “Ok Coren, we should get going we have a little more time before we are there, and I want to make sure we keep to our time schedule”

It would be easy to clean up, they would just repack, “We’ll keep the basket near so that if you’re hungry, or I’m hungry you can get something” Serena looked at Coren again, she remembered thinking about him being handsome, well built,..and all the other things that young women think about at times.

Coren was different though, they shared interests, and a bit more, memories, and his presence brought a comfort that she needed.

“You ok with moving along?”

Definitely a unique relationship, this pair. Coren was always unsure of where he stood with others, and even more so; where they stood with him. He was always so focused on a mission, on a task that he never really thought about his own feelings, until they came attacking him like the Rebel Alliance attacking Dave. “It’s always the best place, no matter how far you travel, when you’re home, you know it.” It was where the heart was, but also where the people who cared for you were. That was the feeling he always got returning to the Dawn Treader after too much time away.

He looked to the blonde and nodded. “Lets get moving then.” He smiled as he slowly got to his feet, checking to see if she needed help up. Doing his best to not step on her toes as he helped clean up, some people were A type personalities, some weren’t. He wasn’t looking to offend her, but one never knew, now matter how many memories you shared.

[member="Serena Bouie"]

[SIZE=12pt]Serena cleaned up along with Coren perhaps he did not know how much he acted like a member of her family, but just as soon as he let the guard down something seemed to remind him or touch something in him that made him draw back slightly. Was she doing something wrong? Was she over stepping personal space?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Serena remembered how frightened the order had been when her empathy first erupted and she uncertain of how to control it became near crazy with emotions, dreams and memories of them. She spoke to them directly without understanding that there were times to be silent.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Was this a time to be silent?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Just be yourself” obviously not as her blue eyes met his own. “Remember the ease of the dive, we are close, we know one another, inside you know what I will tolerate and what I will not” The last of the items made it into the basket[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She being herself grabbed his hand squeezing it tightly, and smiling. “I hope you love this” They climbed back into the transport. There was a silence for a bit, she looked at Coren, she could easily peek to see what he was thinking, but she waited for him to speak.[/SIZE]

A member of the family? Was it because of the shared memories? Did things he did reflect her, or did she place him in her memories because of that? It was a… philosophical question, but Coren Starchaser was a fighter, he was a sentinel, a watchman, if he was any form of a Jedi ‘class.’ He made his way through the galaxy by eliminating the light. He wasn’t really one that most wanted to bring home.

Probably why he always kept moving.

But this trip? He was trying. As poor of an attempt as it was.

“I’m sure I will. Excited to get out there.” He trusted Wren, and the big fact here was that he didn't know what to quite expect with this situation, but they'd get there, something else for his CV, another way to be insane and attack someone, he was sure.

[member="Serena Bouie"]

[SIZE=12pt]Serena drove along talking with Coren about little things not wanting to give away what she had planned. This was the excitement, this was the chance to…let all of it go.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]There was an open field that they were coming across, out across the way a fence made a large circle, there were a few other pods parked outside of the fence.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]From a distance it would look like only the fence, but as they got closer the ground was open, and extending half way out was what for lack of a better term was a platform. Looking at the time Serena was just about on time.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]A small woman stood at the opening to the fence as Serena pulled into a spot. “Here we are Coren, the first step of our adventure. We need the gear from the back” Serena slid out and greeted the woman, “Are you Ms. Evers?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Yes, are you Ms. Bouie?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Yes Mam, we are ready, is the LZ clear? And what are the conditions?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“The LZ is clear, and conditions are good. You’ll have light almost to the bottom due to the size of the opening, and it’s about three fourths of a mile down, it’s still a quick pull. Will you and your companion be alright?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Serena looked over at Coren then back to the guide, “Yes Mam, we’ll tandem jump[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Serena walked back, “So…let’s suit up”[/SIZE]

Talking with Wren, going over the small things in life, that was refreshing. Coren spent so much time being a soldier, being a warrior and trying to change the state of the galaxy, that these little situations? They were really nice. Stepping back and remembering he was human and needed to live, that was important. Looking out the window, he saw the aforementioned fence and pods. Hmm…

Needed the gear? Right. He’d wait to make sure he was suiting up alright. He watched and listened to Wren talk to the Ms. Evans. It’d be interesting to see what the good conditions are for this event. He was hoping that he’d not have too much to worry on. He did hear the depth. That was something crazy.

“What’ll we need?”

[member="Serena Bouie"]

Serena came around to make sure, “you got the right suit, and you’re just taller than I am so this ”She came closer and tugged a few of the lines,“ Make sure it’s snug, cause. Well”

She half laughed, “I’m going to be behind you, you’ll be responsible for pulling the chord, I’m going to tell you when, I’ll hook you to me when we get over by the platform.”
Serena went through quickly packing up a backpack that she would also wear, water, lights, other odds and ends, she grabbed his bag and stuffed it in with hers.
“Some of the stuff is waiting at the bottom”

Serena pulled out the other suit taking off her shoes she did that thing she did before stuck her legs in and began zippering herself inside. She looked at Coren making sure he was ok, she’d give him the once over beforehand.

Now…” When she got all buttoned and zipped sticking her boots back on she looked him over, “Ok… she looked behind…ok..I think we are ready” She grabbed the back pack, and the chute, slipping it onto her back holding the back pack.

It was a bundle. “Let’s walk that wayyyyy” she said in a sing song voice.

Not too unlike setting up for a zero-G vacuum walk. He nodded and smiled down at Wren as she came to help tighten his suit up. Can’t be good to go flying off to the side, or whatever, end his trip real quick. Thankfully, he had his amulet. That’d protect him from the initial, he was sure. He watched her with a curious eye. Just what did he get himself into?

When she said that she was going to be behind him, he nodded. “Right.” And pulling the cord. Was it BASE jumping? Or something similar? Never did that before, would be fun, probably a new addiction. “Whats at the bottom?” He watched her get the bags ready. He didn’t truthfully expect an answer, but maybe he would get one. Most likely it would be a surprise.

Which was just as good.

As she got herself ready, he waited. When she started moving forward, he followed. She was clearly excited. It was a good feeling, something he could sense in their shared connection.

[member="Serena Bouie"]

"Well at the bottom there's rock formations, pools if water, caverns, and some life." Serena was walking when they got near Ms Evers she handed her the extra bag. "See it at the bottom?" The woman nodded.

Serena stood at the opening,"ok Coren come here we need to hook up, so come put your back to me" Serena had done this twice before she just didn't remember with who or why.

She kept her smile though, "trust me Coren it will be fun" she hoped.

Serena could feel the excitement building inside of herself. The rush of air. The floating effortlessly. Yes. She was waiting.

He followed along behind Wren and nodded. Down at the bottom, that was ominous. Hopefully he’d be able to visit these waters and rock formations without becoming a splatter. But little did he know that in a few days he was going to be air dropping onto Atrisia to fight the Sith and help retrieve refugees that were being displayed the world over. The life of an Underground member, apparently. He took a look down the hole and nodded. He could so do this.

Turning back to Wren, he smiled. Right, they were going to be going tandem. That was fine. Nodding, he turned his back to her and smiled. It’d be fun, sure. “I know. We’ll be fine, just never done it, so I am… I dunno, nervous, I guess is the word.” Laughing, he shook his head. Sometimes he didn’t know when the nervous jitters were different from pure excitement.

"So, we just... jump?"

[member="Serena Bouie"]

[SIZE=12pt]“Yes we jump” She had never seen him act like this, nervous. He was always sure of himself. She was busy adjusting the straps to make sure that the chute was centered, and that the straps were secure, and that Coren could reach the cord.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She was all hooked up, “We are just going to fall Coren, nothing fancy ok..and when I say pull you pull this cord” She picked up the cord and showed him, and we’ll stop where we are and glide down.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]It was going to be that jerking stop that came at the end of that free fall, then she’d point out the wonders of geology in the cave to him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She inched them closer to the edge.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Coren..you ready?” She hoped she and she thought she heard him say yes, so she wrapped her arms around him, and pushed off, the immediately turned over to where Coren was first and she was behind him looking down. As they fell she put her arms out feeling the wind fill the suits they were heavier and fell a bit faster, but she was still counting in her head making sure Coren got the effect of the fall.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Into the black it seemed the circle of light all the way to the bottom.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“WEeeeeeeeee” She purred as they fell she paid close attention to how far they were her heart was thundering.[/SIZE]

Jump, that made a bit of sense. He nodded to the blonde with a bit of a smile, not too nervous, but definitely not completely confident. Coren didn’t get nervous, not with Wren around. They had their connection, they’d be fine, and he knew he could trust her, almost explicitly. Falling, he could do that, not his preferred method of anything, but… The man nodded. Jump.

“Right, cord’ll make us stop. Any time I should stop us? Or just… when?” Right, he didn’t want to end up a gooey mess, but he didn’t want to sacrifice fall time, adrenaline junkie. When she asked if he was ready, the man nodded. He grinned as they jumped.

The weightless feeling, that was one of those things that you always remembered. It was awesome.

[member="Serena Bouie"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom