Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slicer, LFG (Ven)

Veevleigh

Pink Perfumed Slicer Waif
Rainbow paced the landing platform outside of her particularly pink ship. She'd put an advert out for the help of a smuggler, along all the usual, discreet channels of course, and gotten a reply, but now she just had to hope that she'd show. Rainbow really needed this. She'd located an unguarded warehouse, protected only by an electronic security system in the factory district of Corsucant used to store a particularly valuable cargo. And she was confident she could slice the security systems to get a hold of it. The problem was that Rainbow was so frail she wouldn't be able to shift it. And even if she could, she was no smuggler. She needed somebody with that talent, and actual muscle, to get it off the world. And that was where her contact came in.

And so, dressed to impress, or at least, in Rainbow's fashion, hair highlighted pink, make-up heavy with blue eyeshadow, a shiny black vest top, black leggings and stiletto boots, and of course, her ever present cloud of perfume surrounding her, she waited, arms folded, at the base of her ship, to see just who would arrive. This Ven guy sounded like he knew what he was doing. She was hoping he'd have a few choice ideas as to how to go about their mission. She just had to wait and meet him...

@[member="Ven"]

Ven quickly looked at her datapad, frowning, before glancing up and around her. Before her stood the landing platform, and on it sat a hot pink ship. This was the place, where she'd been called for a job, though she didn't quite yet know what it entailed for her. She pursed her teal lips and canted her head to the left, crossing her arms over her chest after putting her data pad back into her bag. The Falleen took a deep breath before moving forward, towards the ship and the girl with the hot pink hilighted hair, standing there at the foot of the ship. Ven stopped about ten feet or so from both the girl and the ship, arms crossed still. She tapped the toe of her under-the-knee-high brown boots and looked up at the ship, letting out a soft whistle.

"Now that is definitely not a color I've seen on a ships plating before." The Falleen said, slowly walking closer, clasping her hands behind her back, her feet tapping on the ground gently. The smuggler had two blasters, each in their own holster on opposite hips, laid on top of her deep grey colored leggings. She adjsted the colar of her brown leather jacket, keeping it stuck up around her neck. It was zipped up to five inches beneath the base of her neck and came to stop at the midsection of her tummy, with one half sleeve and another full sleeve. A plain white, longsleeve, t-shirt sticks out underneath her jacket and stopped at her hips. Her hair, a deep brown/black was layered with wavey curls that stopped just an inch below her shoulder and bounced slightly when she walked.

Veevleigh

"I know, it's good, isn't it?" Rainbow beamed with pride as she headed over to greet Ven, glancing up at her ship with a big smile. She was much smaller than Ven, and dressed a lot less practically in her click clacking high heels and absolutely no weapon of any kind, and as she approached Ven would no doubt smell the overpowering perfume which further suggested Rainbow was anything but a fighter. She was a particularly strange type of rogue, that was for sure.

"Sorry, um, did Ven send you?" She asked, a little confused. "Only, I'm meant to be meeting him here." She explained. Maybe this girl was just a passer by, impressed by her ship? After all, Rainbow would be impressed if she'd just passed her ship. Look at it! Pink! It was glorious! It was no wonder people stopped to admire it.

@[member="Ven"]

Ven oughs slightly at the overwhelming stench of her perfume. She wiggled the end of her nose and rubbed the end of it gently with the side of of her green skinned hand. "It's definitely a nice ship. I just cannot belief that it's that color. It's different alright. And defintely befitting you, I might add." She nots the color of the girls hair. She cocks her head to the side and looks the girl up and down, noting the outfit and the lack of weaponry.

She perks one eyebrow at the girls statement, "Ven?" The smuggler grins and shakes her head, laughing, "Darlin. You're looking at "him"," Ven crossed her arms and shook her head, "I'm Ven." She couldn't stop chuckling, her lips wide in a smile.

@[member="Rainbow Flowers"]

Veevleigh

"Thanks." Rainbow smiled to Ven regarding the compliments on her ship, and yes, she could only take 'suits you' as a compliment. Not that she didn't know it wasn't perfect anyway. She gawped a little when Ven revealed her identity. "You okay? You sound like you've got a cough." She asked sympathetically, but totally oblivious to her perfume being the issue.

"Ohhhhhh! Uh, sorry! That kinda makes sense!" She tried to laugh it off with a bit of a smile. "So, uh, ready to go?"

@[member="Ven"]

Ven laughed loudly, shaking her head, "Makes sense? How?" smiling widely, adjusting her jacket, shifting from one foot to the other before adding on, "Yeah. Yeah I'm ready. Where are we off to by the way." She was insanely curious as to where they were going, and for some reason she couldn't help but stare at the hot pink coloring of the ships plating.

Veevleigh

"Well, you know, you show up, all edgy and cool. Makes sense you're the smuggler." Rainbow explained as she led Ven up the ramp in to an equally pink interior. Plush pink carpet covered the floor, pink slick walls and a pink cieling added to it, and that was to say nothing of the clutter. There were two dressers, one simply covered in perfume bottles. More were piled up on a low shelf over it, and even more on a shelving rack standing beside it. The other dresser was covered in every other cosmetic going, and both had huge mirrors. Clothes were strewn about the carpet and there was a massive wardrobe, bursting open from various outfits. Rainbow led Ven through towards the cockpit, equally pink. The entire ship smelled even stronger than Rainbow's perfume. After all, Rainbow lived here and her scent had soaked in.

"Coruscant. The warehouse district. Trust me, this'll be worth it." She smiled to answer Ven's question.

@[member="Ven"]

She blinks slowly and rubs her eyes, "I think I'm going blind.. It's so... so... Pink.." Ven followed Rainbow closely, afraid she might be swallowed and disappear forever in the overwhelming stench of pink. She coughs slightly, covering her nose before shaking her head, dealing with it, "Whats the job exactly..?" she glanced about taking all of the pink in, curious about how much pink could fit into one space. "And. Worth it how? How much's the pay..?"

Veevleigh

"Good, isn't it?" Rainbow replied, smiling as Rainbow rubbed her eyed, completely oblivious of course to the fact that perhaps Ven was not quite as impressed as Rainbow was. "Although it's kind of a pain sometimes. I dropped a pink lip gloss in here once and never did find it again." She joked, given how everything was all that one colour. She made her way through the control room to the cockpit, which was equally pink, and sat down in a fluffy pink pilot's chair.

"Well, there's this warehouse, right? Belonged to this company that's gone bust. And everybody's fighting over what happens to the stock, and while they are, it's all just sitting there, locked up in a secure warehouse. The market's gagging for it, but nobody can buy. Thing is, the warehouse is just protected by a few computer systems. I can slice them easily. Then I just need you to do the heavy lifting and get us off planet. Easy!" She smiled. "Each crate in there is worth at least a thousand credits! We could be rich!" She explained, obviously excited. She began to flick over some controls, and activated the ship's engines...

...only to be greeted by the very familiar sound of the Pink Lady's engines spluttering and refusing to start. The ship was Nubian, four hundred years old, and Rainbow had never gotten it properly repaired, instead spending all of her credits on other, far more important things, like entirely pinkifying the ship. She tried again, only for the engine to splutter and complain. She gave Ven a sheepish look. "Uh, don't worry, she always does this...." She tried yet again, just to hear more spluttering. "It's fine, really." She assured through a smile, but then she turned, whispering to the ship. "C'mon baby... please... just... just this once.... start up... would you?" She whispered, trying, but the engines just spluttered and whirred and refused to start.

She sighed, sitting back, running a hand through her hair.
"She's just getting warmed up! She'll start, trust me!" She tried one last time, and this time, the engines spluttered and whirred, but suddenly coughed, one beat of life. There was a tense moment, and then another. And another. And finally, the engines ignited. "Yes!!!" Rainbow cheered, throwing her dainty arms in the air. "Told you!" She said proudly, as if actually getting her ship to start was some great achievement.

Ven just bowed her head and smiled faintly, shaking her head back and forth. This girl may be on the pink overload, but she had spirit and she had a good lead. She wiggled her nose when the ship sputtered and died a few times, frowning, and carried that expression even though the ship starting. She came to lean against the pink fluffy pilots chair and tilted her head, "How old is she? I mean, that may not be it, but if it's always doing this, it could use a tune up. You know how to fix ships? Mechanics?" She was curious, and definitely interested in helping the small girl out, given it looked like she could use the help.

Veevleigh

"Sure! You take it to the mechanics and pay him and he fixes it for you!" Rainbow answered with a sunny smile as the ship began to pull away from the starport. In truth, Rainbow didn't know the first thing about mechanics. A spanner was heavy in her hands, and she couldn't do any physical work anyway. But that usually worked. "The problem is she's over four hundred years old, and Nubian too. It's hard to get Nubian parts for modern ships, let alone an old one. So she's just sort of, always patched together." Rainbow explained, trying to give a smile.

"Also, uh, making it this pink was really expensive, so I kind of ... had to skimp on the repairs." She added a little sheepishly.

@[member="Ven"]

Ven frowns and cocks her head to the side, "Well. I don't have any nubian parts. But I could sure fix her up for ya if you want? I tinker on my own ship." she nods, "And I'm quite the decent mechanic. I never let anyone else fix my ship, just me. If we make it through this job I'll even do it for free. You'll just have to get me the parts or someting, if theres actually a physical problem." She shrugs, "She'll be all fixed up before you know it." Smiling, "trust me. She'll sound and perform as good as she looks."

Veevleigh

"Really?" Rainbow asked, a big smile on her face. "You'd do that for me? Oh, thankyouthankyouthankyou!" She grabbed Ven in a hug, which was probably a little bony and smelled very strongly of perfume, before releasing her. "That would be so amazing! Although... I dunno on the parts, that's what mechanics always say is the hard bit..." She added a little sadly, as she really didn't want to get her hopes up. She'd never quite been able to pay the sky high repair rates, and that was usually down to the cost of Nubian parts. But she could see....

"Right! Next stop, Coruscant!" She smiled, hitting the hyperdrive.

The noise it made wasn't a good one, but to say it spluttered and died was probably an effective description. Rainbow did her best to not look embarrassed, and tried again. The ship spluttered again, and then, with what could only be described as a very dainty tap on the control panel, but that Rainbow probably considered a thump, it spluttered and leapt in to life, and streaked away in to the stars.

@[member="Ven"]

Ven tilted her head to the side, "Well, the problem may not be with any of the nubian parts, and there may be some parts I can switch out instead." she shrugs as she holds on tight, stitting down in a chair beside the girl, thinking for a moment there, "I never got your name, by the way." she inquired, sitting back in the seat, watching the stars move around them, or as it seemed given they were the ones moving. She looked over the console and the rest of the cockpit, trying to take it all in; it was quite the ship, despite the overwhleming scent and color, it was still a big ship.

Veevleigh

"Oh. Oops! It's Rainbow! Rainbow Flowers. Hi!" She smiled over to Ven, realising her mistake and feeling particularly clumsy. She was trying to feel good about Ven's promise, and hoping that things really would work out. It would be nice to travel the galaxy without having to worry every flight whether or not her ship would make it, or having to sit in every starport with her engine spluttering for half an hour before take off every time, with onlookers sniggering at the slick pink ship with engine trouble. It sure did ruin the full impact of the thing.

She focused on the controls for a moment, and it was obvious that Rainbow was no expect pilot either. She was okay, and could navigate hyperspace lanes, but she seemed to need to concentrate.
"We'll have to head to the factory district of Coruscant, it's pretty gross there, but it's where this place is. Once we land, I'll have to make a connection and slice in, if you head towards the warehouse." Rainbow explained. She hadn't yet said what they were stealing, of course, but that was strategic! Most badass smugglers wouldn't be interested, but she knew that this particular haul was very valuable...

@[member="Ven"]

She nodded faintly, wiggling her nose, "Nice to meet you." She's silent for a minute or so, "So.. You said they're bickering over this, yes? What's in it? I mean." she sighs, "Usually I don't care, but usually I don't have to ask, usually I'm told exactly what I'm looking for. Can you give any other details?" She was superbly curious, "I mean, is there something I can take but other things I can't?" She crossed her arms and leaned back into the chair, setting one leg over the other, looking at Rainbow Flowers, blinking.

Veevleigh

"No, no, you should be able to take it all, but there's certain crates that I want mo- I mean, that are worth getting." Rainbow smiled in explanation. Okay, so maybe this particular heist was because they were stealing something she wanted for herself an awful lot too, but she was right about the value! It'd be worth loads to them!

"Okay, okay, I'll tell you, but you gotta promise me you'll still do the job, right? 'cause, uh, it's not really... street cred worthy, you know? But I promise you, girls like me will pay through the nose! We'll make loads!" She explained, with her usual cheerful smile to reassure Ven.

@[member="Ven"]

She perks an eyebrow; this girl was definitely dodging around something, but she just shrugged it off; it didn't bother her. Ven tilted her head to the side, "Alright. Alright. What is this "not exactly street cred worthy but girls like you will pay through the nose to get it" cargo?" She leaned in towards Rainbow Flowers, intently curious, tapping her toe on the floor of the ship.

Veevleigh

Rainbow looked down at the ship controls for a moment, sheepish and awkward. The controls appeared purple, the blue of the hyperspace vortex reflecting off the glossy pink dash.

"It's perfume, okay? Crates and crates of perfume..." She admitted, trying not to sound too embarrassed. "But the company that made this scent, well, it's proper high designer stuff, and now they're gone, you can't get it anywhere. It was one of the most popular fragrances in the galaxy! People will go crazy for a chance to buy it again!" Rainbow explained frantically to try and cover her decision to go after this particular goal.

@[member="Ven"]

Ven blinked a few minutes, pursing her lips, "You hired me.. to help you muscle gallons of perfume out of an abandoned and faught over wharehouse?" She inquired, looking at Rainbow with the most perplexed expression. She took a deep breath before shaking her head, "Fine. Alright. This better be worth it Rainbow, because I dont want to be noted for getting killed because I went out to smuggle perfume." She ran her hands through her hair, "Got it? I'm doing this for you and for this so called "huge pay off"." Ven crossed her arms as she leaned back against the chair once more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom