Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slicer, LFG (Ven)

Veevleigh

Pink Perfumed Slicer Waif
"Well, you gotta admit, nobody else will think of it." She said with a sheepish laugh, before looking down at the controls again, feeling awkward and ashamed by how Ven had reacted. "Besides, if it was blasters, you wouldn't think twice, right? And trust me, one bottle of this perfume is worth more than a single blaster. Trust me, I'm kinda an expert." She explained, as if Ven could have missed that fact.

"Besides, the truth is... I need you. Look, I don't usually tell people this, but... I'm weak, okay? And I don't mean, oh look, Rainbow's kinda small weak, I mean... I can't lift anything. Some doors are too heavy for me to open. This is such a good chance to make credits, and only somebody like me would ever spot it. But I'm just far, far too weak to do it alone. I need you..." The heartfelt confession surprised even Rainbow, but she needed Ven on her side, and didn't know how else to say it. She only hoped that it'd work.

@[member="Ven"]

Ven blinked slowly then nodded, "I already said I'd help you, Rainbow. Don't you worry about it, alright? We'll get the job done and get out of there and make a huge pay off." she said, reaching over and setting a hand on Rainbow's shoulder, "Alright? Now trust me. Okay?" smiling at the smaller girl, "I'll be here with you ever step of the way." She tried to be reassuring for her.

@[member="Rainbow Flowers"]

Veevleigh

Rainbow gave Ven a sheepish smile. She had never really had a female friend before, she realised. Lots of male friends, she had a habit of getting male attention, it seemed, but not a female one, and for a moment, she was a little touched. She hoped that Ven really did mean it. Truthfully, it felt good to tell somebody about her problems too. She never felt she could tell men, she was always trying to act confidently and impress them, but to Ven, somehow, it felt easier to open up.

"Thanks." She said with a small smile. "I just... I wanted you to know I'm not crazy." She said with a small laugh. "I really do think this plan is gonna work. Everybody else can risk their lives smuggling spice and blasters. We're gonna be smuggling something high class clientèle will pay whatever we ask for, and we know we'll be able to trade it safely, 'cause, hey, it's not like people are gonna try and kill us for perfume, right?" She assured.

"By the way.... D'you mind... uh, not telling anybody what I told you? About me...? Just... it's sort of.... embarrassing." She asked. It wouldn't be long now until they reached Coruscant.

@[member="Ven"]

Ven thought for a moment; Rainbow had a point. perfume seemed like a less risky job than say ones she'd done in the past with spice or weapons. She leaned her head on her arm and considered what Rainbow had said, "It's still smart to be vareful. Some things you make think we won't get chased down for we just might." She points out, crossing her arms again. "I trust you, Rainbow. And I do hope this is a good pay off." She said matter of factly, before glancing out the glass at the space around them.
She thought for a moment, "Not tell anyone? I think I can manage that." Ven nodded, smiling faintly, "I may have to agree with you on that one. Lets just say I wont be sticking this on my resume."

Hyperspace

Aboard the Adjudicator the paladin rested at the seat of his cockpit to his next objective. It wasn't too long that his console lit up detecting a rogue ship just entering in his proximity. He narrowed his eyes and shifted in his seat bringing up the scanners. The scanner detected an H-Type Nubian Yacht measuring at forty seven dot nine meters. He zoomed in to the vessel with an arched brow at the rare type starship modeled in a pink colour. He clicked away at his console and sliced at the starship's systems detecting two life signatures. The rogue ship seemed troubled as well as his scanners detected a faulted hyperdrive system on board. In his perception it seemed the rogue ship was in some sort of imminent danger. Upon further inspection that scanners detected crates of foreign liquids in the cargo hold.

The paragon curled his lips and hammered his reverse thrusters. He spun around and fired his afterburners in the rogue starship's pursuit. He entered two nodes and shifted a lever down. The stars began to blaze passed him as the vortex of hyperspace stretched behind him. Darc came within one hundred meters of the stern of the rogue ship opening comms.

"This is the Adjudicator of the Republic Fleet. System have detected you are en route to the Coruscant system which is restricted space. May the captain of this vessel respond."

@[member="Rainbow Flowers"] @[member="Ven"]

Veevleigh

"It will be! It will be!" Rainbow assured Ven with her best smile. She just hoped she was right. Well, she knew she was. She'd pay just about anything for a bottle of that stuff, so surely others would too? Okay, so she might have been perhaps slightly more girly than the average slicer, but she was pretty sure she had good taste (well, pink taste, yes, but good)! The right people would love it! She laughed a little when Ven commented about her resume. "I guess not. Though... I kinda meant about my muscles. I don't... want people knowing how weak I am, y'know?" She explained, a little more sheepishly.

At that moment, a transmission blared, and she suddenly sat up, stunned. A Republic ship had detected them, and was bleeping a warning at them.
"Hold on, it'll be fine..." She assured Ven as she quickly scrambed for the transmitter, flicking it. A rather poor hologram image appeared of the man addressing them, unsurprisingly tinted pink instead of blue. Another one of Rainbow's modifcations. "Uh, hi!" Rainbow answered. A four foot ten seventeen year old waif was probably not what they were expecting, but they'd asked for the captain, and she guessed that was her. "Uh... my name's Rainbow. Uh, I mean, I guess, Captain... Rainbow.... Flowers." That didn't quite sound right, did it? "Uh, I was... just wanting to visit. I mean, Coruscant. It's got great shopping districts, y'know? Are we.... not allowed to even land there anymore?" She asked. Wow, she really was out of the loop. She didn't really keep up on galactic news, and well, Coruscant always seemed safe to visit.

((@[member="Darc Xavior Talus"] OOC: They haven't picked up the crates yet, just so you know. They're on their way to steal them :p. The smuggling comes later. Unless you're detecting the already ridiculous amount of perfume Rainbow has on board, which is for her own personal use... She's got a bit of an obsession :p)) @[member="Ven"]

Ven crossed her arms over her chest, still a little unsure about the whole endeavor, and now even more unsure now that they were being hailed by a Republic ship. She glanced at the slightly pink holo and tried not to laugh, covering her mouth. She took a deep breath and shook her head to calm herself. Ven made sure that she was completely out of view so as not to be showed in the holo, given her reasons. She hadn't even heard about Coruscant being restricted space, and it didn't ring well for her one bit. She furrowed her brow and set her hands on her blasaters just for comfort, taking a shakey breath as she watches this holo convorsation unfold.

@[member="Darc Xavior Talus"]

Behind the Feminine Nubian Yacht

The paladin scrutinised the captain's voice and demeanor and switched through his controls subtly. A green beam of light began to scan over her entire starship.

"Are you aware of the conditions of your vessel, primarily the hyperdrive systems, Miss Flowers?"

His tone was quite cynical because something seemed to be off. The Force passively flowed through him sensing the girl's half truths.

"I would have to ask you to switch your vessel to impulse drive and slowly cease your advance to the course you have plotted. Prepare to be boarded."

@Rainbow Flowers @Ven

Ven tensed up and seemed to bristle, gripping her blasters tightly in her hands, she got to her feet and just stood there for a moment, unsure of what to do. She was not about to let some republic lackey find her and possibly report it to certain nobility from a certain previous planet that she never wanted to even see ever again. The Falleen glanced at Rainbow her face extremely serious, "You're not going to let him board, are you?" she hissed lightly, making sure to keep it quiet enough so that it wouldn't be heard by the Republic holo. She had drawn her blasters at that moment, unsure, using them as more of a safety blanket so to say.

Veevleigh

Rainbow was as surprised as Ven, but she didn't seem as bothered as she did. After all, she didn't see the harm. They hadn't done anything illegal yet.
"Why not?" She asked Ven in the same whisper. "We've not done anything wrong. He'll just swing by and be on his way." She explained. "Just... I've kinda.. got some wine, you know, for slow evenings. Pretend its yours, yeah?" She suggested Underage drinking was hardly a crime worthy of bording, but she didn't want her wine confiscated! (Said wine was of course, naturally, rose...).

"Um, I am totally aware of it, thanks!" She replied over the comm unit. "You just need to be gentle with her, that's all, she's fine otherwise." Rainbow smiled, smoothing the controls a little to keep her ship happy. "Uh, okay, hold on, deactivating the hyperdrive..." The ship dropped back in to normal space. "Uh, please can we know why we're being boarded?" She asked, curiously. Why the heck was she in trouble now? She hadn't even done anything this time!
@[member="Darc Xavior Talus"] @[member="Ven"]

Coming along side and connecting with the Nubian ship

He flicks the comlink.

"Routine inspection, Miss Flowers, also the conditions of your vessel are a safety issue. I am obliged to look into this deeper. I am coming along side your vessel and connecting the boarding tube to your hatch. I will need you to release the locks. There will be a slight bump as we make contact. My apologies in advance."

The Adjudicator slowly approached and nudged the Nubian ship lightly. There was a hissing and suction sound when the boarding tube attached to the Nubian hatch.

Ven pursed her lips, setting her blasters back at her hips, glancing about, thinking about what she could do. The Falleen got to business and grabbed a few of her mechanics tools from her back which still rested over her shoulder and went to one of the panels. She planned to pretend to be Rainbow's on board companion and mechanic, as well her guardian, given the fact that she was underage obviously. She opened the paneling up and stuck her head inside, starting to pretend to fix things up until she actually saw a few problems. She began to tinker, fixing or tweaking minor problems here and there with the wiring. She tried to push the idea of the ship being boarded and of her possibly being found out into the back of her head.

Ven grasped for a strip of red cloth from her bag and tied her hair up into a high pony, adjusting her physical appearance briefly not only with her hair being picked up but also by rubbing some grease from the mechanics and such over here here and there. She didn't care about getting dirty since it happened every time she worked on her own ship, and it would wash out of her clothes whenever she got them cleaned at some point in the next week.

Veevleigh

"Uh, okay! Come on over!" Rainbow smiled, giving Ven a puzzled look, but figuring that perhaps she was wanted by the authorities for another crime. That was okay though, she was handling it well, and frankly, most people who came aboard her ship lost all thoughts of her being a criminal when they saw the glossy pink interior, the ton of cosmetics, or smelled the overpowering perfume. No criminal was like that, right?

She headed to the entrance with a chirpy little skip in her step as the door slid open.
"Welcome aboard!" She smiled, giving them a little wave. "Honestly, I know she's not running really smoothly right now, but my mechanic is working on it, and we're totally going to have her up and running soon. She's not dangerous or anything, I swear!"

@Ven @Darc Xavior Talus

Safety Protocols

The hologram had not cut off from her console since it seemed the paladin never moved. Entering her ship was a rather large security droid instead.

"As a safety protocol for myself but as well for you, before I could board your vessel I would have to ask if there are any weapons on board? If so, they will be temporarily confiscated during the boarding proceedings. When these items are removed the security droid will offer you a data tablet. You must place your right hand on the screen for a few seconds. I have direct connection to what the droid is looking as well to make sure everything is done in an orderly fashion."

The security droid clanked its way inside the vessel looking between the two passengers.

"Greetings, relinquish your weapons and place your right hand on the screen, please."

@Rainbow Flowers @Ven

Veevleigh

"I don't have any weapons." Rainbow smiled, before looking cautiously over at Ven's belt. "Uh, my mechanic might, you'd better ask her, but I don't have any on my ship." Rainbow smiled diplomatically. After all, it wasn't like she could lift them. Even a blaster weighed her down so much as to be a struggle. She gave Ven a look that suggested she give up her weapons for now. They didn't want any trouble after all. The sooner this was over with, the sooner they could get a move on.

@[member="Darc Xavior Talus"] @[member="Ven"]

Ven pulled back from the panneling and looked at Rainbow with an expression that said, 'Thanks for ratting me out', before, crossing her arms over her chest. Her hands were covered in grease, as were parts of her face and clothes; who knew that only a few minutes of work within the panneling of a ship could cause you to get so dirty. She shook her head, "These aren't real guns." She stated, "They're for looks; for show." She was not about to give up her blasters, escpecially if she was going to get recognized. The Falleen stayed where she was, teal lips pursed and her jaw set as she stared right at the droid, tapping her toe on the floor gently, letting her stubborness get the best of her.

Scanning

The droid flickered its lenses and looked down at the holstered weapons. A green beam of light scanned over the weapons and registered it into its databanks.

"I must apologise but the scanners confirms you are in possession of two deadly weapons. Please, forfeit them and place your right hand on the data tablet, madam."

The comlink clicked in the background.

"Now, madam, please do not make this more difficult than it should be."

@Rainbow Flowers @Ven

The Falleen grinded her teeth and strode over slowly, her jaw set as she pulled her blasters out of her holsters and "handed" them over. She raised her greasy hand and set it on the data tablet, glaring at the droid the whole time. She was clearly annoyed, and her body was tense. She was just happy that she still had her knife hidden in her under-the-knee-high boots. She moved away from the droid as soon as she'd set her hand on it, walking back to the wall, leaning against it, glaring at the droid the whole time.

Rainbow Flowers

The security droid took the weapons and stowed them within a compartment. It waited for the hand to be placed and scanned it over up and down.

"Thank you."

It recovered its data tablet and clanked over to @[member="Rainbow Flowers"]. It flickered its lenses and spoke to her.

"Please, place your right hand on the data tablet, madam."

@[member="Ven"]

Veevleigh

Rainbow gave Ven an eye roll and mouthed 'it had a scanner' at her to explain why she'd given the guns away. She didn't want to cause trouble, after all. The whole way to get through this was to merely act innocent until they went away.

"Oh, sure!" She smiled, placing her tiny, dainty hand on the scanner, spreading her fingers to admire her own pink fingernails while it scanned. She might as well do something with the time.

@Ven @Darc Xavior Talus

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom