Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sleepwalking(Open)

65bb222e-c880-450a-baa4-b2b7ed902e48_zps59a0f97d.jpg
Corellia
Night Owl Bar
12:14 A.M.

It had been a long time since Varus had visited Corellia, but his options were more limited those days. He was actually surprised that he'd lasted so long on his previous home being force sensitive like he was, but sooner or later he was either going to be recruited, killed or imprisoned. No force sensitive being would have peaceful sanction unless they were on a Republic planet. At least, that's how he perceived it over his years keeping out of sight on one of the highest populated city planets in the galaxy. It was a side night only about month ago that he'd been convinced by a Jedi to flee the planet and let him share what he knew in the force, and now he supposed he was his student. At least, that's what he'd been told he was.

He didn't know much those days, but what he did know was that he wasn't proud of what he'd had to do to remain undetected on Coruscant for so long. He was in the middle of self destructing, in fact, when the very Jedi who would call himself his Master found him. Kian Karr was his name, and he seemed to understand Varus well enough, but he wasn't sure how the man saw him. It was perplexing to think about, knowing that his point of view must be so different, but when Varus looked at himself he saw what he was clearly. A murderer. An alcoholic. A man just as afraid as he was without direction, and he didn't know exactly what was going to come of his redirected path, but he was certainly uncertain what the future held, and frightened of what he could become if he was allowed to become powerful and lost control like he had before.

Over his years on Coruscant he'd killed both Sith and Jedi, running for his life and hiding out from those who might try and force a way of life on him that he didn't want for himself, but Kian had been convincing, and now he was on Corellia, putting distance between he and his master. Distance between he and the other Jedi, next to none of them he'd actually known at all, though they'd accepted him like a brother.

This was where he belonged. In a bar with a drink in his hand, sipping away as he watched the patrons take the stage for open mic night. It was a sobering sight to see someone conquer their fears and go up on a stage in front of complete strangers to sing a song they might very well forget the words to, and that was assuming the others could stand their voice to begin with. It had always been something that Varus was iffy about, though he'd tried it once or twice in his day. Still, there was a certain mood that night, and not even the worst performer was booed off stage. It was a change of pace he could see as beneficial, and if he was going to truly embrace the life of a Jedi and meld into the family that was the Republic, well... here was a good place to get a little practice.

Pushing himself up from his seat at the bar, Varus strode through tables laid out in the middle of the room. He sipped his whiskey as he passed a pair who were just stepping off stage, smiling at them as they relinquished the microphone to him so that he could share something that he was sure no one had ever heard before. Still, as he picked up the guitar with one hand and set his glass of whiskey down on a stool next to the microphone, Varus felt the uneasiness building in him, butterflies fluttering about in his stomach as he tuned the guitar. After a few moments he was ready, and without hesitating any longer he stepped up to the microphone and began to play... and soon he began to sing... and again he found himself.

99552599-0bc9-4daa-9ca4-035268e981e4_zps2a8ea097.jpg

Jorda Ulluto, Zeltron bar hopper and professional attache, was currently sipping some Chadian rum at a Corellian bar known for its amateur open mic nights. The Night Owl Bar wasn't as flashy, nor as exclusive as the usual clubs she frequented, but you never knew what you'd find at a place like this, or who. And Jorda was always looking for people to rub elbows with.

She placidly blew a few smoke rings as she watched the performance of a young human strumming on a guitar. Just a kid really. It wasn't exactly her kind of music, but it wasn't bad. Hailing from the party planet of Zeltos, she usually preferred her music louder and more energized than what he was playing. With thumping bass that would keep people up all night. In any case, she could see that he certainly had talent.

Perfectly at ease with being alone in a bar, she stirred her drink, stopping every now and then to send messages on her Datapad or to order another drink. It was possible there was nothing of use to discover here. But sometimes useful information presented itself in places you least expected.

[member="Varus Shatterstar"]

She cheered for him as he finished and she went up next. Aurna took a deep breath and a swig of her liquid courage and she got up. Slowly approaching the stage, she fidgeted a bit, nervous, as she could never use to sing. She was finding her new self. That meant distancing herself from anything she use to do. She had limited contact with her holding company that managed all her assets. She was free to explore and well here she was. She went up and took a deep breath and began to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMzKKREHQgA]sing[/url. She hoped they would like it. She finished it and waited to hear any sort of reaction from the crowd. It was the scariest few seconds of her life.
[member="Jorda Ulluto"][member="Varus Shatterstar"]

[member="Aurna Vern"] [member="Jorda Ulluto"] [member="Varus Shatterstar"]

Circes sat at the little table in the darkest corner of the bar, sipping on the only non-alcoholic drink and listening to the people sing. Because it was so dark, the young woman had her mask off so her skin could breathe, though she had a hunch pretty soon it would have to go back on. Oh well, she thought. I'll Just have to enjoy it while I can.

Not that there had been many things to enjoy so far. It was two standard weeks since Circes had left her home world, one week since she arrived on Corellia, and she was still no closer to the end of her quest than when she first left.

Honestly, Circes hadn't been expecting much results right at the start, but if something didn't happen soon, she might have to return home -- or worse, stay stuck on whichever planet her credits ran out on. The albino woman's eyes widened slightly at the thought of being stuck on some rundown planet crawling with gangsters and evildoers. Her mood slightly dampened, she took another sip of her drink.

Nimble Nike

Truly, Truly Outrageous
Nike had just gotten off of his dancing shift after wooing the crowd with his dazzling dance moves, he made his way to his dressing room to have his normal attire put on so that he could mingle with his crowd of fans. His dresser complemented him on his dance moves, "Thank you darling, your thoughts mean everything to me." he had his hair puffed up in a pompadour and made his way into the rest of the cantina after throwing on a little make-up and glitter to bring out his eyes. As he made his way out of the dance floor, a crazed fan ran towards him shout something about his wife or another, but he was taken care of by the security quickly. He sat back and watched as [member="Aurna Vern"] walked up to the bar and took the mic in her hands, the girl showed a tad bit of nervousness, but just enough to make it cute. He was shocked by her capable singing and he led the applause that followed, he would enjoy talking to her if he had the chance. But anyhoo he had a more pressing business at hand, his pay, he walked over to the man holding his check and collected it, storing it in his breast pocket. Nike then took his seat and sat down to drink his Planter's Punch.

Jorda got up from her table and crossed over to where [member="Nimble Nike"] was sitting. The flamboyant man was clearly the most interesting person in what was a rather dull Corellian bar. She looked at the pink and purple vision of fabulousness and gestured to an empty seat at his table. "Mind if I sit?"

"I think I'm in the wrong bar. All the men here are much too young for me." She winked at [member="Varus Shatterstar"] from across the room, and let out a low throaty laugh.

"Hi, I'm Jorda." She stuck out her hand. "What's your name, party monster?"

Nimble Nike

Truly, Truly Outrageous
A lovely looking Zeltron asked if she could take the seat beside him, he noted her attire being a bit casual, but he wasn't one to complain. "Of course darling make yourself at home, it's not like I own the bar... yet. My name is Nike, and I am rather ravished to know you." he winked to her and let out a little chuckle. When she mention to many younger men and winked at this rather attractive young man, "I'm not one to complain, but I also like my men a bit more.... mature." He gave a subtle wink to [member="Varus Shatterstar"] and a small wave, pouting his lips. Nike pulled out a mirror to fix his hair and he pulled out his cuffs to make sure they were of an even length. Then he sat back and made small chat with the Zeltronian. "So then darling what is your name."

[member="Jorda Ulluto"]

"My name's Jorda. Nice to meet you." she smiled at the man. "What say we liven things up around here?" She flashed the flamboyantly dressed man a devious smile and grabbed a cocktail waitress, a pretty Zabrak lady, whispering in her ear.

"I'm having the waitress send a whiskey over to the young man over there." She pointed at [member="Varus Shatterstar"]. "She is going to ask him if he can guess which one of us sent him the drink, and if he guesses correctly he can drink free on my tab for the rest of the night."

"He may not bite of course, and then we'll just be left to our own devices, I suppose." She chuckled.

She watched as the Zabrak waitress sauntered over to the man with a tray of drinks in hand to see if he was game.

[member="Nimble Nike"]

Varus had hung around next to the stage for a few minutes watching the next person, a young woman([member="Aurna Vern"]), perform. As he watched her, he had to admit that he was impressed with her voice, not expecting as much power from her. It was a pleasant surprise that you didn't often get, which was why he showed his appreciation with a soft smile as he watched her. As she finished, he even bowed to the young woman in respect to her efforts and turned to find his way back through the bar. As he did, he was met by a young woman with a glass of whiskey, which he took with a smile before she turned and showed him a table across the room that a young woman and a rather flashily dressed man sat.

Making his way over, Varus slid his free hand into his pocket and raised the glass of whiskey, taking a sip of it as he did. He then found a seat at [member="Jorda Ulluto"] and[member="Nimble Nike"]'s table, leaning back into the chair to get more comfortable before he raised his glass to them. "Thank you for the drink.", he said to no one in particular.

When Jorda saw the young man headed for their table, she racheted her smile up a couple of notches. He was much too young for her of course, and she prefered alien men, the more scalier, horned or tendril-ed the better, but the company of an attractive human male couldn't hurt.

"Ah, the musician." She said as he joined them. "I saw you on stage earlier. Very talented." She grinned.

The Zeltron raised one eyebrow inquisitively and chuckled. "Did the waitress not tell you about the special conditions of that drink?" Jorda pointed to his glass with one black lacquered nail and blew some smoke rings.

[member="Varus Shatterstar"] [member="Nimble Nike"]

Varus smiled at [member="Jorda Ulluto"] as she asked him whether or not the waitress had posed him a question. He thought it was a bit odd, but he appreciated the free drink, not to mention her compliment to his talents. "I appreciate the drink and the compliment to my performance.", Varus started out saying, raising his glass to them both before lowering it back down to take a sip. He then sat the drink on his knee, balancing it there with his hand as he spoke answered her question.

"I had a feeling it might be your friend here.", he said, gesturing to the questionably dressed man with a smile. "But I was hoping it would be you. That, coupled with the fact that you were the one who mentioned it when I arrived at your table finalizes my answer. It was you.", Varus said, pointing towards Jorda and smiling softly at the woman as he took another sip of the drink.

[member="Jorda Ulluto"] [member="Nimble Nike"]

Jorda smiled and hailed the waitress. "Set this up young man on my tab for tonight." She looked back at him and with the empathy only a Zeltron could possess, sensed a few conflicting emotions in the man. Indecision, confusion, confidence. The man was looking for something he surely wasn't going to find in this bar.

"I'm Jorda. I didn't catch your name when you were up there." She held out her hand.

"I hope you didn't take any offense to my game. I'm from Zeltros. If you know anything about Zeltrons, we're easily bored." She gave him a crooked grin. "I like to liven things up, and I tend to overdo it sometimes. But you got free drinks out of it, so that's ok, right?"

[member="Varus Shatterstar"]

"Of course I didn't take offense.", Varus said as he reached out and took the young woman's hand, shaking it in greeting. "You were just finding some way to entertain yourself. Which is find by me.", he said with a smile.

"Varus is my name. It's nice to meet you.", he said, releasing her and reaching across the table to offer his hand to the man she was sharing a table with. "Do you know each other or are you just getting to know one another as well?", he said as he waited for the flamboyantly dressed man to shake his hand.

[member="Jorda Ulluto"]
[member="Nimble Nike"]

Nimble Nike

Truly, Truly Outrageous
Nike took the young man's hand and gave a soft, but oddly firm, shake. "Pleasure to meet you dear, my name is Nike and we are just meeting, I always enjoy talking to lovely new faces." Nike withdrew his hand to his glass and took a quick sip of it. He then fixed his posture and leaned forward with one arm onto the table to seem closer.

[member="Varus Shatterstar"] [member="Jorda Ulluto"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom