Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Slavery Escape on Coruscant

Vanessa Vale

No... Then...I'm not... The person I was before...
Pom Stych Tivé Pom Stych Tivé Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud

CKStRAU3Lh7lCRUZ1tzQ4PaGyNKgsZBxaujxH4IXmlg.jpg

The bustling streets of the darker, hostile Coruscant, which was often home to illegal practices, was heavy with noise from both passers by and many buildings of varying nature. Some bars had tons of sound emanating from them as tens of drunks kept stumbling in and out of each bar, either drunk or not yet drunk enough. Given the rather hostile nature this place had when it came to the many occupants who lived down here, it was mostly easy to find something that shouldn't be going on. To the ordinary person, not much was noticeable, but to those who had keener ears would have heard of a group of Slavers coming in within the hour to offer Slaves they had 'Acquired' on their travels. All anyone would have to do to find them, was to look for a simple symbol often used by traders of illegal stock to mark their meeting places.

Within the gloomy and damp 'room', which was no less than a cage with a rug to cover over in, a small girl aged 15 opened her tired eyes. Her body was scrawny due to the many missed or under portioned meals she had been given over the years. Her jet black hair clung to her skin as she sat up. A large amount of familiar chatter that she instantly recognized as the Slavers setting up shop for people to come and 'inspect' what they were going to buy. Vanessa Vale had been a slave for at least 9 years, being taken along with her mother, father and elder brother who were all sold at least 5 years ago. Her soft blue eyes looked almost dead as they focused on the mass amount of scrambling of 'Slaver Scum', as she called them. One by one, each of the cells across and opposite from her was opened with each occupant either dragged or told to march out. When it came to Vanessa, the Slaver knew she wouldn't be easy to work with. Vanessa had a bit of a tough streak with their business, but she was too knowledgeable to free and it would be a waste of credits to kill her. So they kept her, hoping one day to sell her. "Out, Now," The Slaver told her opening her cage. Vanessa looked at the Slaver before turning her head away, obvious defiance in her expressions. Yet, with a sharp pull on her arm by the Slaver, Vanessa was forced up and out of her accommodation.

She walked, holding her freed arm were the man had grabbed it. She might be fast moving, but she was still very weak with physical pain or strikes. With her and several others in a line on a sort of platform, the Slavers started to being their auction. Vanessa hated this. She was never bought or even looked at, not that she wanted to anyways. She was only used to highlight the other 'offers' they had. But, she had something cooking in her head. She had previously taken a small knife from the Slavers when they weren't looking and hid it under her clothes. Even though it was mostly rags, she was able to conceal it effectively.
1432514729M.jpg

After only a couple of minutes passing, Vanessa was still on stage. The others beside her one by one were sold to all sorts of people. She hoped that they'd be ok in the end. There were 3 people excluding her on the stage. All women, like her. Some were older and one other her age. Vanessa's blood boiled just looking at both the crowd and Slavers. The next time one of them tried anything on her, she'd make them regret it for sure. That knife, whilst small was super sharp. Sneakily sharpening it on her cell floor was effective at making sure that it was going to be absolute in its cuts. "I just need one opening, then I'm free," Vanessa thought as she waited for her opportunity to arise.

Equipment: In bio and sig
Tags: Vanessa Vale Vanessa Vale | Pom Stych Tivé Pom Stych Tivé | Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red

Coruscant, Adenn disliked the planet for its hypocrisy and the dark heart if held. Other planets were worse, but they were openly worse. Coruscant hid that dirt behind a shining jewel of accomplishment. As such, whenever Adenn traveled to Coruscant, he was left in a foul mood, especially because it meant he was there on business. And that business almost always occurred in the lower levels, away from prying eyes, and close to crimes Adenn would rather stop, and criminals he'd rather kill.

Once more, Adenn was on Coruscant for business, getting information from a known contact. Unfortunately for him, his meeting place also happened to be near some slavers selling their 'wares.' To Adenn, slavers were the worst of the worst, thanks primarily to him having lost his parents to them and pirates. However, what truly angered him was that they targeted everyone.

Leaving his informant with the information he needed, Adenn found himself unexpectedly drawn towards this crowd and these slavers. His approach garnered some attention, a fully armed and armored Mandalorian does that, and Adenn was a walking tank. But Adenn payed the crowd little attention, making his way along the side towards the stage. Keeping his eyes on the slavers and their 'wares', Adenn felt his anger slowly rising, noting how malnourished they looked, and how young two of them were.

That final detail was the straw that broke the camels back. Snarling quietly to himself, Adenn placed one hand on his belt, with his other he checked his waist for his other weapons. Then he took the time to observe his surroundings and those around him. While the sight angered him, Adenn wasn't idiotic enough to simply rush in without support, so he began to plan a form of attack, even as helmeted head kept drifting back to gaze at the slaves on stage, particularly the young ones.

Subject 73 Red

We're more ghosts than people.
Vanessa Vale Vanessa Vale Pom Stych Tivé Pom Stych Tivé Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud

Red looked at the stage, where all of the slaves were gathered and being sold off. For now, he watched, waiting for the opportunity to arise and act on it. He needed to shut this down, but as of yet his method for doing that was unknown. All he knew was that he would take down the slavers.

Red wore his battle armor, with his helmet already on his head. Red was heavily armed, so plenty of the people in the crowd next to him were giving him uneasy and uncertain glances. His blaster rifle strapped over his back, his dual blaster pistols holstered, and he even had his lightsaber attached to his utility belt. He had also brought plenty of smaller weaponry like knives and flashbangs, just in case. He was ready to fight at a moment's notice.

Red had been hunting slavers for some time now. Each time he took one group down, another would pop up, and the cycle would continue. There was an infinite amount of scum and villainy in the galaxy, but Red took comfort knowing he was doing his part. He hated slavers, too. He hated anyone that took advantage and profited off of other people's suffering. Sure, he might be a Jedi, but that didn't mean that he had any qualms about killing the slavers. He was a supersoldier, first and foremost, being a Jedi came after that, so that meant that he could kill without hesitation.

Red heard a commotion behind him, and saw another heavily armed person, a Mandalorian. Judging from their body language, the Mandalorian had the same thought process as Red: they both wanted to take this down and end it. Red could already see the gears turning in that armored head of theirs as they planned an attack. Perfect, now Red had some support.

Red walked over to the Mandalorian through the crowd. When he was next to the Mando, he said quietly, "Mando, I see what you're thinking. I'm thinking the same thing. We both want to shut this down. What are you thinking of?" Red asked the Mandalorian. They would need to work together to shut this down, free the slaves, and to escape alive.

Vanessa Vale

Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud Pom Stych Tivé Pom Stych Tivé

As more of the crowd started to call out price offers for each of them, Vanessa gritted her teeth at one near the stage that eyed her in a way she didn't like. She would have shouted at him to quit it, but she knew she'd either be shocked or locked back up in her cage. She would want to be anywhere than here, but being allowed move and stretch her limbs was at least a relief and a blessing. One of the Slavers appeared at her side, having just sold a woman older than herself moments ago. "Anyone for this, young girl?" The Salver called out. Some of the crowd did look at her, but most looked unimpressed. She liked it that way. Away from the creeps. But that was the question. Like with a creep, or live alongside the scum of Coruscant. She'd rather neither, but she had to see if that changed. After a couple of minutes passed, the Slaver became disinterested with the crowd's reaction towards Vanessa before taking her by the arm and calling out, "Lets see if there are more to your liking, our great patrons." This Slaver was really trying to keep them here through charm alone.

Taking her back into the place where her cage was stored, Vanessa took a deep breath and sighed. It was now, or never. "You really are a handful, girl," The Slaver stated, practically dragging her back with her left bicep in hand. Sneakily reaching downward to the back of her rag's belt line, she pulled a knife. It's blade had been unprofessionally sharpened during the nights, but it still strong enough for the job. Vanessa had to wait a moment more till his attention was completely away from her before she acted. Seconds is all she would need, yet also have to run. Timing for her, was key.
1432514729M.jpg

While observing the buyers, Adenn's eyes came across another heavily armed individual. At first, he believed them to be a problem, until he noted their body language. Grinning sharply at what he saw, Adenn was pleasantly surprised when said individual made his way to Adenn. Listening, Adenn gave one sharp snort, smiling beneath his helmet. Now he had support in killing these slavers. Responding in the same quiet manner, Adenn spoke.
"I'm thinking chaos. We get close to the sellers to 'buy' their slaves, then hit them hard. Take out the head, secure the slaves, and cause chaos in the crowd. If you got any non-lethals, that's the time to use them, so we can maybe save the slaves already bought." Glancing towards his belt, Adenn sighed. He hadn't come prepared for a rescue op, and only had his usual gear with him. "I only have lethal, and while these chakaar deserve death, the slaves don't."

Glancing up as the slavers sold another girl, Adenn sneered and his eyes were drawn back to the girl. They wanted to sell her, but thankfully no one wanted her. A lightbulb moment hit Adenn then. Nodding to the girl, Adenn spoke once more.
"That's how we get close, the girl. I'll distract them, just follow my lead and when we're close, we move."

After waiting a moment for some sort of confirmation, Adenn called out to the slavers, raising his voice to be heard above the crowd.
"Hold on, bring her back."

Pushing his way forward, the crowd slowly parted as Adenn made his way closer to the stage the slavers were standing on. It'd probably be a good way to distract the slavers and get their focus on just one point. If it all worked out, well the slavers wouldn't be aware of it until they were all dead.

Vanessa Vale Vanessa Vale | Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red

Last edited:

Vanessa Vale

Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red Pom Stych Tivé Pom Stych Tivé

With only a second or two till she made her move, Vanessa heard a voice and immediately hid the blade again. "Damn it", Vanessa thought, adjusting her clothes. The voice didn't sound like the Slavers, so it had to be one of the crowd. "Looks like that handful of trouble might finally go from our ship," A Slaver further down the corridor of cages called out, seemingly appearing from nowhere. With the Blade concealed again , Vanessa found herself praying. She hoped, practically begged anything that would listen that it wasn't a creep. With the Slaver making her lead the way, Vanessa looked out amongst the crowd, trying to find the person she had heard call out.

Her eyes fell on a person, wearing Mandalorian armour in front of the stage. If this was a true Mando she might be saved, but if it was like the rest, which was the more possible reality, she'd most likely be used like a training dummy. Her eyes looked at the Mando with a mixture of fear and distaste in her eyes. The Slaver was behind her to her left, the Mando's right, holding her by her shoulder. "Like what you see, my friend?" The Slaver asked, his toothy grin appearing as he looked from Vanessa to the potential buyer.

Vanessa's eyes looked at the crowd to see if there was anyone else who would now try and buy her. She had seen many a bidding war go on for a Slave that someone took interest too. The Sharp, yet full of false charm, voice of the Slaver spoke out, "That will be 100 credits for the girl, if you can pay for that," The Slaver's tongue was still driven by money alone as Vanessa gave a shudder. The hand on her shoulder clenched tighter causing her to jerk out of his grip. The Slaver's eyes flashed towards her as he grabbed her other shoulder to force her to face him. "Keep still, someone is at least interested in buying your boney body," the Slaver whispered to her, almost in her ear before getting her to face forwards again. His expression was once again his stage face as he once again held Vanessa still. Her eyes, however, were starting to look more and more full with fear and sadness. If he didn't buy her, she might be thrown out or even killed. She had no way of conveying to the Mando this, since she was now frozen in fear.

Subject 73 Red

We're more ghosts than people.
Vanessa Vale Vanessa Vale Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud Pom Stych Tivé Pom Stych Tivé

Red listened to the Mandalorian, then nodded. "I was thinking along the same lines. If you can get one of the slaves out here, then I can spring a trap. The ensuing chaos will allow us to take down the slavers." He replied. Then, the Mando asked Red if he had any nonlethals, as the Mano hadn't brought any. Red chuckled. "I expected that from you Mandalorians. You all like to hit hard, smashing through anything in your path." Red told him. "Don't worry. I do have non-lethals, but I brought more lethal weaponry than anything. But don't worry, I have precision. If you'll be the hammer, then I'll be the scalpel." Red said.

Then, the Mando nodded to a slave girl, and said that was how they would get close. Red nodded. "Copy that. You get close to the stage, and I'll handle the rest. Once you have the slaver's attention, I'll make my move. You'll know when we're starting." And with that, the Mando headed off towards the stage, calling out to the slaver. Well, the Mando was certainly grabbing their attention. Red disappeared into the crowd, using the crowd to get into an optimal position.

Soon, he reached the perfect spot. Red could easily see the entire stage, and he could see many already bought slaves standing with the people who had bought them. Red watched as the Mando fully grabbed the slaver's attention. Perfect. Red grabbed two smoke grenades off of his utility belt, and then he activated the timers. He rolled them across the floor, spreading them throughout the crowd. Then, Red grabbed a third non-lethal grenade, a flashbang, and activated it. Then, he lobbed it at the stage, and it landed right in front of the slave girl and the slaver. The flashbang went off first, blinding both the people on the stage, and anyone looking at the stage. The people in the crowd screamed from the sudden movement. Next, the smoke grenades went off, enveloping the crowd in a haze of smoke. Even more screams as the people in the crowd were terrified.

Red rushed the stage, pushing his way through the crowd. Quickly, he jumped up onto it, and rushed the slaver, who was still blinded. Red threw a knee into the slaver's gut, then landed a blow to the man's chest. The slaver doubled over collapsing to his hands and knees. Red activated his lightsaber, holding it in his right hand. The slaver looked up, his vision now returning. He stared up at Red, the yellow glow of the lightsaber illuminated his face as it hung mere centimeters from his nose. The smoke was now clearing up, and the crowd was staring wide-eyed at the stage.

"My name is Red," Red told the crowd. "I'm a Jedi Knight, and a supersoldier. Right now, all of you have a choice! You can either release the slaves and get arrested for your crimes, or you can refuse and fight me, and die trying. This is your final warning." Red said.

Then, he looked back at the slaver. "So... what's it gonna be?"

Having made his way to the front of the crowd, Adenn found his gaze passing over the slavers once more. His helmet automatically counted those visible and gave an estimate of those who weren't. The numbers worked well in his favor, even more so with an ally at his back, one heavily armed and armored as well.

As the slaver came closer to Adenn with his slave in hand, Adenn's mind went into combat mode, even as his armor did the same. As the slaver spoke, Adenn didn't respond, keeping his gaze set forward, staring into the man's very soul. For a few more seconds, Adenn didn't speak, simply staring at the man, glancing towards Vanessa once at the end. The sight brought new rage to him, and finally prompted a dark, monotone response from Adenn.
"No... I don't think I do."

With his distraction completed, Red made his move and threw his non-lethal grenades. Standing where he was, before the slaver and slave girl, but on the main level, Adenn would've been blinded by the flash grenade if he didn't have a helmet on. Instead, his helmet compensated and Adenn made his move in concert with Red. Hopping onto the stage, Adenn's armor activated fully. His personal shield activated and the Arms of Zordos came out. In the one limb was a slug thrower and in the other a disruptor.

Rushing the next closest slaver with a burst of his jetpack, Adenn slammed into the man, knocking him down and disorienting him further. Kneeling on the one man, a wrist full of weapons aimed at his face, Adenn aimed at another slaver, heavy blaster primed to fire. As for the Arms of Zordos, they aimed towards the crowd or another slaver, panning back and forth to keep any enemies in view. Activating his voice changer, Adenn spoke up again, speaking close on the heels of Red. And when he spoke, his voice came out as a deep, evil snarl, one straight from the depths of the Netherworld. That, combined with the smoke, his black and red armor, and the skull adorning his shoulder, Adenn was the very depiction of a daemon come for vengeance.

"Everyone on the ground. NOW!"

Vanessa Vale Vanessa Vale | Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red | Pom Stych Tivé Pom Stych Tivé

Last edited:

Vanessa Vale

Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud Pom Stych Tivé Pom Stych Tivé

With fears of her future rattling in her mind, Vanessa hardly registered the clanking of metal objects on the stage to her left when a loud bang and blinding flash obscured her sight and hearing. She felt herself crumple to the floor as she covered her ears. The sudden flash bang had sent her into a frightened state. When she saw the other armored figure from the crowd, she stumbled to get up as she eventually was able to move. Her legs shuffled her to a corner of the stage where she went limp and sat in the corner. Her arms and legs were tucked in, almost trying to hid herself from these attackers.

The Slaver with a lightsaber at his face, whilst on the floor, looked at the Jedi Knight and with a trembling voice spoke. "I wasn't expecting a Jedi to be here. Look, take what you want, I'll submit," His voice was desperate as he cowered below the wielder. The loud and intimidating voice of the Mandalorian caused the remaining slaves, Slavers on the stage and crowd to instantly either freeze up or get on the ground. Vanessa simply shook in the corner, the flashbang and smoke filling the stage reminded her of the day she and her family were captured and made into slaves. It was violent, hectic and disorientating. Her small frame almost blended in with the stage's corner, which had multiple items strewn about it. A voice suddenly called out, "Like hell I will!" It was a Slaver as he let loose 6 rapid shots at the Jedi Knight and Mando on the stage. Catching Vanessa's trembling body in his sight, he grabbed and pulled her in front of him, using her as a shield has he let loose multiple additional suppressing shots. "Stay back, or I'll riddle her full of holes!" This Slaver seemed to be the crew's captain as he placed the blaster against her back. Vanessa's whimpers got louder when she felt the metal against her back. The Slaver began to move backwards with her in tow, his body hiding surprisingly effectively behind her malnourished form.

Realizing, that this is her only chance to escape, Vanessa in one motion drew her concealed knife and plunged it into his side. The Slaver yelled in pain, Vanessa moving inches away from him before his blaster went off. The bolt grazed her shoulder as she pulled the knife from his side and, screaming in rage and desperation, rushed him. Both her and the Slaver landed on the ground with her above him as she raised the knife into the air, ready to deal a lethal blow. These Slavers hurt her, her mother, father and brother and practically tortured her every day for so long. Vanessa's body froze, her mind conflicted against killing him, or just running and chance trying to get somewhere safe. Tears started to grow in her eyes as she struggled with what path she would take.

The slavers, slave buyers, and their new 'stock' all froze and did as they had been instructed, much to Adenn's joy. It certainly made things easier, but that didn't mean he stopped being vigilant. Adenn was glad for his vigilance, because the sudden appearance of the slaver leader was unexpected, but his attacks to Adenn did nothing.

Rising to his feet as the blaster bolts struck his shield, Adenn turned and returned fire. His shots came close, but didn't hit before the slaver already had a hostage, the same girl he'd used as a distraction just moments before. Keeping one foot on the slaver below his feet, Adenn aimed his weapons towards the slaver captain, frowning beneath his helmet. This distraction allowed the other slaver behind Adenn to rise to his feet, aiming a blaster towards Adenn. Said slaver was intent on shooting Adenn while his back was turned, but he didn't get that far. Instead, a single disruptor shot pierced the mans chest, causing him to fall to his knees and scream as he disintegrated.

Adenn ignored the slaver and the screams, focusing instead on the slaver captain. What he saw next caused his frown to turn into a wide grin. Finally the slave could fight back, finally vengeance and revenge would be fulfilled. It was something Adenn was all too familiar with, the desire to fight back against those who had wronged you. And then she hesitated with the killing blow.

Sighing at that sight, Adenn allowed his weapons to return to panning over the crowd and any other slavers present. Deactivating his voice modifier, Adenn called out to her.
"Adiik(child), you can leave him to us. I'll make sure he pays." Turning his head back to the crowd, Adenn activated the voice modifier again, and all but snarled at them. "As for the rest of you, release your slaves. Let them come to the front. Comply and the worst that happens is jail time, fight back." Adenn motioned to the dissolving corpse of the slaver he'd shot with his disruptor. The slaver who had died slowly and painfully. "Then I promise you a fate worse than that, because you've seen a fraction of what I'm capable of, and what I'm more than willing to do."

Vanessa Vale Vanessa Vale | Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red | Pom Stych Tivé Pom Stych Tivé

Vanessa Vale

Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red

With everything that had happened with at least, from the crowd's perspective, two Slavers dead they did as the Mando and Jedi commanded. The Slaves rushed from their buyers and moved in a single gathering on the far side of the stage. All the crowd began to either raise their hands in surrender, or get on their knees. They knew imprisonment was by far the better choice than what the Slaver who got disintegrated.

With her hand still hanging over the Slaver, his face a mixture of fear and shock, her hand started to slowly shake. Vanessa had said multiple times to them from within her cage that she'd make them pay for what they've done to her family. They'd shrugged it off, until today. She wanted more than anything to go through with it, to fulfil her threat to them all those years she'd been underfed, tortured and almost sold off to scum. With a realization that her hand was shaking, Vanessa's breathing became heavy as the blade vibrated with her inner conflict. Her eyes began to drop heavy amounts of tears as she moved her hand slowly to the Slaver's throat. Inches from it, Vanessa couldn't contain it any further.

"HHHHHAAAAAAAaaaa...." Vanessa practically yelled at the Slaver, her voice full of sadness, rage, conflict and yet also understanding. His eyes shut as he awaited the blade's lethal touch. But it never came. Vanessa looked at the knife in hand and with a shaky motion, let it fall to the ground. The Slaver watched as the blade fell downwards, landing point first into the ground besides his head. His eyes closed as he fainted pathetically due to the unexpected fear. Slavers truly were cowards. Vanessa knew she couldn't do it. She had been fueled by rage and hatred for so long that she almost lost herself.

Still weeping tears Vanessa tried to sit upright on her knees, her body just above the Slaver's stomach, before she became very lightheaded. With a single slow hand to her head, Vanessa found her vision moving side to side, like on a boat as darkness grew across it. She felt her body become a bit weightless as she fell to the right, her shoulder landing against the hard ground with the rest of her not to far behind. The immense physical burst and stress of the whole escape attempt during a mini raid by two armored was too much for her malnourished and weak form. Her body was half curled up, like she was sleeping in a bed. She looked, weak, yet also innocent.

Unconsciousness greeted her as her mind went blank, the sky blue eyes still dripping tears as they closed.

Smiling grimly as the buyers and their slaves complied, Adenn was partially shocked with just how many slaves were present. It was an infuriating sight, one that brought Adenn to a new height of rage, rage he controlled for later use. Frowning at the crowd as they all began to kneel with their hands on their heads, Adenn hoped his ally would have some sort of restraints handy.

Making his way towards his ally, Adenn kept his weapons trained on their targets, ensuring nobody tried anything. Before he could say anything though, Vanessa made her move, only to faint afterwards. Sighing at the sight, Adenn deactivated his voice changer and directed his attention to Red.
"You came prepared for a capture mission, so I'll assume you have something to hold them. Or better yet, contact with some sort of authority to put them all behind bars, or in the grave. So I'll let you deal with them." It was quite evident that Adenn didn't care for these slave buyers in the slightest. "As for the slaves, it's up to them where they want to go, though I can help in that regard." Tilting his head to look at Vanessa on the ground, Adenn knelt, holstering his pistol, but allowing his weapon arms to maintain their aim. "I'll help the adiik, and cover you for the slave buyers, huu'tuun that they are."

Making sure to keep his weapon systems active, Adenn removed his helmet and attached it to his hip. From his position, Adenn went to check over Vanessa and ensure she was okay. He started by scanning her, both visually and with his armor. Placing a hand on her shoulder, Adenn looked to see if there would be some response from her, even as his free hand pulled out a ration bar to offer her.

Vanessa Vale

Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red Pom Stych Tivé Pom Stych Tivé

Whilst in the realm of sleep her mind was in, Vanessa felt weightless. It was like she was being held up by the air alone. Her entire mind suddenly sparked with something. She was unsure if it was something outside, or inside her own head causing the pain that now rocketed through her. She suddenly found herself restrained, a large tank around her with thick and opaque glass before her. The liquid covering her body was somewhat familiar. she had seen the slavers use to heal themselves from cuts and other injuries that Slaves, or even each other would inflict upon their comrades. She felt fully submerged in the liquid, bindings across her wrists, ankles and gut. She could hear voices, muffled by whatever she was inside. What was this? A dream? or more?

Vanessa's unconscious form moved slightly when Adenn placed a hand on her shoulder, her body reacting to the sudden touch. For a moment, Vanessa thought it all a dream as her mind started to come to. She had been dreaming of her freedom away from his horrid life before her. It took a bit before she woke fully enough, her neck finally turning slightly to let her see Adenn without his helmet on. Her vision was still blurry since she passed out but she knew he wasn't a Slaver. Thinking back on what happened before feeling lightheaded, she was unsure if the stress, or the physical movement was what pushed her over the edge. But, at this point in time she hardly cared.

Seeing the ration bar being offered to her, Vanessa's blue eyes moved from it, to Adenn. "For... me?" Vanessa asked, a curious innocence filling her weak voice. She had been falsely given food before by the Slavers, before they either knocked it away, or accused her of stealing their supplies. Her mind still dwelled on her dream, but there were more pressing matters at hand. "Who are you?" Vanessa asked, Adenn, her interest peaked at who one of her saviors were. She started to remember the way they crashed the slave auction, taking down a Slaver or two before she passed out.

Being gentle with the slave girl, Adenn paused at her sudden jerk. The last thing he wanted to do was scare her away. Gently patting her shoulder as she woke up, Adenn nodded to her question, offering her the ration bar.
"All for you, just don't eat too quickly, wouldn't do for you to get sick."

Raging internally at the slavers, Adenn smiled at the girls innocence.
"I'm Adenn Kyramud, Alor of Clan Mortui. I'm a Mandalorian." Before he could continue, the slaver that had passed out stirred away. Muttering to himself with a hand to his hand, the slaver moved to sit up, only for Adenn to thwack him in the head with his fist. Frowning at the slaver, Adenn returned his attention to Vanessa. "And I'm here to free you, along with my compatriot here." Turning his head to the slaves, Adenn called out to them. "We're here to save you all, and bring these chakaar to justice for their crimes."

Rising to his feet, Adenn offered a hand to Vanessa so she could stand as well.
"You're safe now adiik."

Once again, sorry for the delay, finished some stuff up.

Vanessa Vale

Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud

When Adenn talked to her, she could tell that he wasn't the threat she first saw him as. He was kind, at least she saw him that way now. With one shaky hand taking the ration bar, and the other accepting his hand to be aided up, Vanessa's eyes flashed with a bit of hope. She finally had someone who could free her. Someone to act as her savior. "Thank you," Her small voice spoke as she took to her wobbling feel before gaining enough strength to stand firm.

When she stood up fully, she was fairly shorter than the Mandalorian before her, her black hair being all of her head that could be seen from his full height as she took a bit out of the bar. It was amazing! She had only been fed basic slop, or scrapings from the Slaver's meals if they were kind. To her, his was the best meal that she could remember ever having.

Seeing the Slaver still on the floor after the Mando thwacked him back into his unconscious state once again, Vanessa remembered what she was about to do. Mid bite, she slightly lowered her head a bit ashamed at what she had almost done. She never did want to take a life, but at that moment when she was above the Slaver with a blade in her hand, she wanted nothing more than to hurt him. Almost like a child she unconsciously stepped a bit closer to the Mando, her mind regarding him as a safe individual to be near, Vanessa finished biting off another piece of the bar. Her bites were small, half what someone would normally take if eating normally. She tried to savor this as much as possible.

The slaves across the stage began to talk happily as they began to think of the different things they'd do now they were free. Vanessa understood. Out of all the slaves on this stage, she was probably the number 1 slave they had the longest. She had seen slaves come and go, but not her. She was always left out. Sometimes for the better, or worse depending what day you asked her about it. "Mr Kyramud, do you mind if... I go with you?" Vanessa asked, her small voice barely being louder than a whispered request. Her eyes stayed on the ground, not wanting to see his face in case he acted like the clients who looked at her during auctions.

Smiling at Vanessa, Adenn gazed over the crowd, many of who were still cowering in fear, even as the slaves seemed to radiate hope. Returning his attention to Vanessa, Adenn's smile lessened seeing the joy on her face. It was a simple ration bar, but it seemed to be a meal from the heavens to her. It was just another reminder of the horrors she had undergone to get here, another wrong for Adenn to try and right.

Noting how she stepped closer to him after looking at the slaver, Adenn placed a hand on her head.
"It's okay adiik, they can't hurt you now. And if I have anything to say about it, never again."

Turning his head to observe the slaves, Adenn felt his smile grow. The possibilities he heard were promising, many hoped to return hope at long last, others wanted to do something new. Sadly, more still didn't know what would happen to them. They had lost everything to the slave trade and had no one to turn too. The answer came from Vanessa in the form of a question. Glancing down at her, Adenn was visibly surprised by the request, but soon a new thought began to form in his mind.

Kneeling in front of Vanessa, Adenn put his hand on her chin to make her look up. The face that greeted her would be a kind and understanding face, one with a smile on it.
"Chin up adiik, you're free. And yes, you can come with me. My clan and I will protect you, raise you if you wish, and most definitely train you to defend yourself." Rising to his feet, Adenn patted her on her head. Turning, Adenn called out to the slaves around them and below them. "You have lost much during your time as slaves, but that is over now. Your freedom is here, and I will do my best to bring you home. For those of you who have lost everything, I offer you the chance to join my clan, to be free forever. We would be glad to take in others so that you may be free. You need only ask and we'll take you in, from there the training can begin, and you will never have to fear slavery again."

It was immediately obvious that many were interested in the proposal. After all, a Mandalorian was a thing to be feared, and if they could become Mandalorians, then they would never have to fear slavery. It was around this time that the local law enforcement arrived, keen on taking the slave buyers and slavers into custody. Allowing them to do their work, Adenn kept a protective hand on Vanessa's head, while keeping the same protective gaze on the former slaves. A handful were already making their way to the police, keen on figuring things out. Many more remained by the stage, hoping and waiting for Adenn to fulfill his word.

Vanessa Vale Vanessa Vale

Vanessa Vale

Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud

Vanessa was still scared that she would be rejected by the Mando, but as her eyes met his, and his words flew into her mind, she stood there stunned. She couldn't remember her homeworld at all, let alone what her family looked like. But, in this moment, she had finally gained hope once again. When Adenn kept a hand on her head, she felt safety knowing that he was here. It was like something she had only dreamed of. A protective entity that could keep her safe from all the horrors of the galaxy.

Vanessa's head slightly bowed down, before she moved quickly to wrap her arms around Adenn's body. Her eyes had tears, unlike the stressful ones earlier, as she kept muttering a soft and joyous, "Thanks you! Thank you!" over and over again as she continued her embrace. Vanessa felt happier than she had in so long, her emotions just registering what had happened with Adenn's words. The ration bar in her left hand was still only half finished as she kept clinging onto the Mando, her face full of delight. The many law enforcers arrival didn't even register to her as she kept thanking the Mando, before taking a single step back and with a content sigh, she took another bite from the bar.

This was the start of her new life, not as someone's property, but as a free girl at this Mando's side.

0c5a581c80c521c89f2cf270598cdec4.jpg

His words of encouragement helped Vanessa more than he had expected. Smiling down at her, Adenn wrapped his own arm around her shoulders, returning her hug. It was a sweet sight, and Adenn only hoped he could live up to her expectations. Turning his attention to the crowd, Adenn watched as many began to make their decisions. Many went to the authority for help, seeking to return home. Others still came to Adenn to ask him the same thing, help to return to their homes. More though requested to go with him, because they had lost everything, or never had anything to begin with.

Adenn gave his word that he'd help as many as he could, and it gave the former slaves hope. Soon enough Adenn had called a transport down for himself and his new vode, leaving the police to their work. By one of the cars, some slavers were being ruffed up for the poor treatment of their slaves. It was a sight that brought Adenn joy, even as he turned to obverse his ship coming down to land.

From the heavens came an assault gunship, one that had only passed through security checks by flashing some credentials that made those who saw them choose to forget what they had seen. It was a gunship suited for a battlefield, and it had been through much, as evidenced by the countless battle scars dotting its hull. To Adenn, it was a thing of beauty. To the slaves, it was their freedom. The gunship landed and its boarding ramp clanged down, and from its hull emerged two hulking warriors in the red and black colors of Clan Mortui.

Said warriors took up position on either side of the boarding ramp, even as Adenn turned to the former slaves coming with him. Motioning to the gun ship, Adenn spoke.
"With me mav solus(freed ones), come take your freedom." And the slaves went to their freedom, even as Adenn took Vanessa's hand and smiled down at her. "Come adiik, a new future awaits you."

Turning, Adenn walked to the gunship, leading these former slaves to freedom. Adenn led Vanessa up as well, to a new and brighter future, one where she would never have to fear for freedom again.

Vanessa Vale Vanessa Vale

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom