Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skype's Group Chat: What's Your Function?

Evasion Studios
Issues with Skype Group Chat Creation
Recently I've been playing with two different versions of Skype. There is the current new one that looks very much like a Windows 8 OS design (of which annoys me), and then there is the older version that looks a little more streamlined and is a little easier to navigate.
However, the same problem occurs in both versions, and I'm looking for some help.

First of all, the Skype support page lists this article as the end-all, be-all to the function of the 'Creator' controls. For someone who creates a Skype chat, these functions should work. You'll notice that there are two different types of commands. One is P2P, and the other is Cloud Based.

So here's one of the issues I have run into on both versions. The settings availability, to tweak how things run in the group chat do not seem to actually do anything.

For instance:

/get options Details active options for current chat - see /set options below for a list of the options available.
This feature works for me on both versions - and it lists all of the options that have been set. It appears to be the by default, no options are set.

Now when I try to use this option:

/set options [[+|-]flag] Sets options for this chat. For example: /set options -JOINING_ENABLED switches off the JOINING_ENABLED option, while /set options +JOINERS_BECOME_APPLICANTS will switch on the JOINERS_BECOME_APPLICANTS option.
Most of the options I try do absolutely nothing, and some actually work.

One of the options in the P2P section that I want to use is:

TOPIC_AND_PIC_LOCKED_FOR_USERS - Only a user with a CREATOR role will be able to change the topic text or accompanying picture for the chat.
So I'll use the following code, and it responds with absolutely nothing, and the /get options shows no change.

/set options +TOPIC_AND_PIC_LOCKED_FOR_USERS
For instance:

/setrole [Skype Name] MASTER | HELPER | USER | LISTENER Allows you to set a role to each chat member. A description of roles is given in the table below.
OR

I can promote a member, but I cannot demote them to User or Listener at all, even if I recently promoted them.

/setrole [Skype Name] MASTER | USER | ADMIN Allows you to set a role to each chat member. A description of roles is given in the table below.

Entering the command gives no response, and using the /get options or /get role shows no change.

If anyone is familiar with the latest version of Skype and these commands, please respond. I've been working with it for a few days, and reading over that article several times. This is very confusing, and it's aggravating me that the features listed don't seem to do what they say they will do.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
That's because it is Windows 8, technically speaking. The same management headed its design and I believe Microsoft owns Skype. It's all part of the "let's make everything look like Xbox Dashboard" crapsack streamlining idea that was caused by a major change in internal organization [Link to that Here]. Anyways....

This might help. I'm under the implication they're phasing out or changing some of the commands, maybe?

Evasion Studios
[member="Nyxie"] So you linked the exact same article that I quoted from. I've read everything on that page a dozen or so times, and nothing seems to cooperate the way that it says it should.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom