Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Skyline Scherzo

"Torak City, City of scum"
Time: 21:00
Tags: Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil
Area: Torak City, Downtown District

It was rather late in the night, The sun hat set on the city of Torak.. the traffic of speeders flying through the sky was still.. busy, but other then that most business had begun that night shift and most nightclubs had started lighting up the skies. Nonetheless, our story pans over to the residence of the Mayor of Torak; Lorrium Sinbad, a Duro scientist who had only recently won the election by.. a controversial margin.. However though, the story wasn't about him.. Queen Maria who was at the residence congratulating the man had just recently exited from the apartment, saying her goodbyes as her royal posse of guards stepped with her. Of course the young queen had recently come of a long and exciting week full of interactions with other powers. Of course, she needed tonight to take an edge off. However, with it getting late.. it wasn't safe in this city.

Nonetheless, Maria boarded her personal speeder as it took off heading into the local traffic while being followed by two local police speeders as a protective caravan. Likewise, the speeders were flying in the direction of her personal apartment in the city as it was too late to travel back to the palace and her apartment was just so close... However, while this was all taking place in the streets far far below action was taking place as a deal.. or a bounty for a certain somebody was just so close.

From neon lights from nightclubs up and below, to headlights from speeders that come and go.. much was happening in the city of Torak on Koldut, and.. much more exciting things were too happen in the coming moments for the queen and her posse.

Rustbuckets will never go out of style.
Leenic looked through the holo-sight on his blaster rife and zoomed in on the speeder carrying Queen Maria. He leveled the crosshairs on her forehead hand sighed, zooming back out to shit his vision towards one of the police speeders following behind. "Such an easy kill." He muttered, placing his finger on the trigger as he zoomed in on one of the engines. "But an easy kill always come with a difficult battle. And I cannot have all of the police on me while I try to I.D. the body."

He was sitting on a nearby building, resting his rifle's bipod on a small box he had found out front. He pulled his head away from the scope to check how many shots he had in this mag. "Five." He said to himself, leaning back in to zero in on the first police speeders engine. He squeezed the trigger and a bolt flew out of the barrel of his rifle and into the engine of the speeder, causing a large explosion that ended with the charred hulk of the speeder crashing onto the ground. "Four." He muttered, moving his scope to the other police speeder and doing the same thing, which resulted in another speeder crashing to the ground as the Queen's speeder accelerated significantly. "Three." He muttered, aiming at the driver of the Queen's speeder and taking his shot, this speeder slowing to a halt. "Gotcha." He muttered, leaning his head back and standing up. He slung his rifle across his back as he ran towards the grappling hook line that was hanging down from the roof to the ground. The speeder was only a couple meters away from his position, and he knew if he sprinted he could get within range of his blaster pistol before his target could escape.

Of course, everything was going smoothly the apartment was in visible range.. only three hundred yards away. Nonetheless; everything wasn't supposed to be this smooth as.. the shots were fired. In a matter of seconds, One, then another; and then another; down went all the police speeders.. Finally the last speeder to begin going down was Maria's. As the pilots speeder was shot, screaming could be heard coming from the speeder as her Adviser Karina panicked, they were fifty feet above the ground nonetheless. However, the quick witted Queen knew she wasn't going to let herself die today; she had too much to live for and.. some assassination attempt wasn't going to end it for her.

Therefore; she slid to the front of the speeder, before grabbing the controls and with that, stabilized the shuttle. Of course she brought the speeder closer to the ground as she began dialing up call codes for the local law enforcement. Likewise; the speeder finally touched the ground as the engines gave out from the exhausting movements. From here.. she knew all she could do is defend herself; and wait until the local police arrived. "Guards, move to the perimeter and set up a defensive position! Karina, sit tight and just relax.." There was a unanimous Yes M'lady that came from the guards as she gave out the instruction, as time counted down she broke open a panel and took out a blaster pistol from the hidden compartment before jumping out from the speeder and joining her three other royal guards behind cover in the lower streets of the city.. of course the lower streets were a mess off ill' lit and unguarded speeder paths in the lower city; the only people in this area were scoundrels, spice dealers, and hobos.

Leenic crouched low in the shadow as he approached Maria and her troop of Royal Guards, trying to keep undetected until he could identify if she was the actual target or not. He got to a small pile of metal boxes before leaning out with his pistol drawn. "That's her." He muttered, aiming down his pistol sight at the back of the Queen's head.

Before he could take the shot, however, the box he was resting his hand on slipped out from under him, causing him to fall down on one of the other boxes and make a unwanted amount of noise. He looked up to see the Queen and her guards (all of which were now in between her and Leenic) facing toward him. "Halt in the na-" The first guard began, getting cut off by a shot to the face from Leenic. Leenic then ducked back behind the boxes as a volley of shots hit around him. "Well, that's one way to start off a bounty hunt." He said, leaning around the boxes and blasting another on of the guards in the chest. He ducked behind the boxes once again, barely avoiding the blaster rounds that were now having a more narrow spread.

He leaned out again to shoot the last guard, but as he pulled the trigger a shot hit him in the chest plate, causing both him and the guard he had shot to fall back onto the ground. "Karabast." He gasped, reaching over and grabbing his pistol from where it laid on the ground. He then groaned as he tried crawling across the ground back to his cover. "Maybe I should've gotten that new armor when the tribe offered it." He muttered. "Old beskar was never known for its stopping power."

Last edited:

Of course this commotion was getting out of hand.. her royal guards were dropping like bloody bugs near a lamp. Something had to happen quick or.. well, it wasn't going to look good for anyone but this bounty hunter in a bit. So, Maria had a dumb idea; as she thought to herself, her now only one guard remaining who was cringing from the pain of being shot in the lower chest crawled to Maria. "M'lady.. I'm I'm.. sorry, I failed you.." She shook her head as she looked to him. "Don't say that.. you did well Jakaris, Rest no- now.." She said as she grabbed his rifle and.. with that took out the ammo pack from the rifle. As soon as she finished she prepared herself.

What happened next was all through idiotic luck as she tossed the ammo pack at the bounty hunters general area and somehow managed to land a shot using her pistol - in the next moment she popped a smoke grenade from her guards waist to cloud the area as she began running - heading for the speeder as she ran there to just find better cover in the hope of getting her head down.. whoever was after her wasn't some stupid goon she could easily out smart. This man was cunning and she could tell. But; she wasn't going to let some bounty hunter end her reign.

Leenic had not been standing for more than 12 seconds before he was knocked down once again, this time by the explosion of an ammunition cartridge that the Queen had thrown at him and promptly shot. He was flung only a short distance, but it was enough to put him onto the ground with his vision swimming and his ears ringing. "Either that was the luckiest shot in the galaxy," He groaned, pushing himself up and onto his feet. "Or she is one of the best shots in the galaxy." He was able to use a nearby wall as a stabalizing post while he stood up, and as he pushed himself off of the wall he begun drunkenly stumbling for a few seconds before he felt a presence that he hadn't felt before.

"A force wielder?" He said, almost instantly being brought back to normal by the new adrenaline pumping through his veins. He tried to identify where the force wielder was, and after a few seconds was able to tell it was coming from the Queen's general area. "Oh ho ho! This is going to be a fun bounty after all!" He then begun moving after his target, his movement slowed by the throbbing pain in his chest and the fact that he could only sense, not see, his target. As he stumbled after her (his leg was also giving him some trouble after that explosion) he clutched his chest, drew his pistol, and yelled out to the Queen. "Hey your majesty!" He began, coughing a bit from the pain in his chest. "If you're the force wielder I'm sensing, then there is no use running! I already know what you are and that gives me the advantage now! So, I'd be best for everyone if you just stood and fought me!" For good measure, he squeezed off a few shots in her general direction. He could already tell that this bounty was going to get very interesting very fast.

Of course, to be frank she wasn't that good of a shot.. and just got lucky for once in her life with a pistol at this very moment. Nonetheless; as the bounty hunter began yelling at her to fight him.. because she was a force user; she knew her luck was running out. Of course, she had the force inside of her, but.. she was no force user. She didn't even know how to do simple things like lift objects or sense other users with the force. Likewise, she knew if she was going to survive tonight she was going to have to be crafty; and then it dawned on her.

Sadly though one blaster round cut into her waist making her let out a scream as the pain began setting in. Of course; luckily for her though she ran at hid behind a barrel. She knew it wouldn't last forever as cover but it gave her time to hold her wound and talk. "Hey! We don't need to fight' if you want money we can negotiate.. but if you kill me, you'll have an entire planet as an enemy.." Of course it wasn't smart to make threats with someone who could easily kill you but.. when backed into a corner the young queen was awfully stubborn as she feared for her life. "Please- Please dammit!" She cursed out as she held her newly cut wound in pain, hoping to some deity that this bounty hunter had some sense of mercy inside of him and wouldn't just shoot her now and get this over with.

Leenic saw the woman he was hunting move behind a barrel and could tell by how desperate she was she had been hit by at least one shot of his. He approached the barrel, putting a shot into it every second so that the Queen stayed pinned down. Just as he was about to reach the barrel, however, he stopped firing and walking at the mention of an extra payment.

"How much money are we talking?" He asked, moving to the side so that he could get a better line of sight on his target. "Alright, here's how this is gonna go. You're going to sep out from behind that barrel with your hands raised, now don't try pulling any force tricks. If anything weird happens I won't hesitate to put you down. Got it?"

She calculated her odds, chances and thought well through her situation. Nonetheless she realized negotiating with this bounty hunter was going to be the only way she was going to survive this encounter. Of course she worried that he wouldn’t bat an eye and shoot her as she stood up but.. if she kept sitting there the same fate would come inevitably; therefore this was her one and only chance to survive.

Thusfore she stood up from the behind the barrel with her hands up. The queen looked to the bounty hunter as she shook violently at the thought of him just shooting her right now. “Ok.. whatever your employers are paying you, I’ll pay it back in return.. just do this, it won’t help anyone.” Of course, Maria said this as she looked to him, hoping that he’d realize he’s on the wrong side of all of this.. or hoping he’d have some

Leenic watched as the woman stepped out from behind her barrel, keeping his pistol leveled on her chest the entire time and keeping his finger on the trigger in case of a sudden movement. "You know, this is the first time I've held a Queen at gunpoint." He said, now holstering his pistol. "And it is an experience I will remember until I die." He then raised his hands up for a brief moment before lowering them back down to rest on his gun belt. He scanned the woman up and down.

"So I take it you're not a Jedi then?" He said, using his right hand to gesture at her while his left rested on his holstered pistol. "I mean, you didn't use your force abilities on me and it doesn't look like you got a ligthsaber on you." He then pointed towards the blaster she had in her possession. "But you are a pretty good shot, so I'm going to have to ask for you to hand that over before we negotiate. No sense getting in a firefight while I'm finding the right price now is there?"

Of course she thought to herself at first.. maybe she could play off that shes a force user; and trick this bounty hunter into thinking she was some sort of powerful force user.. however, that would be rather stupid; and.. to be frank suicidal as she had no way to prove herself, and would only get herself into deeper trouble than she was in already. Nonetheless, she played along with the bounty hunter and dropped her weapon. "To be fairly honest with you; I'm not the greatest shot in the world.. just very lucky" She said as she tried to cut some tension.

Finally it led to her standing with her hands up, she dropped her blaster onto the ground, and stood there defenseless. "Ok.. so we don't need to end this in a bloody way, we can negotiate a better deal right?" She spoke as she looked him up and down, examining his armor.. while starting to wince from the pain of the gunshot as it came back. Nonetheless, she looked to Leenic and smiled, "What will it cost me to stay alive?"

Leenic smiled underneath his helmet and approached the Queen, kicking her blaster across the pavement and standing about a foot away from her with his hands clasped behind his back. "Now this is how I like things! Completely under control! Well, this and utter chaos but never both at the same time." He begun to leisurely stroll around her, inspecting her for any hidden weapons or transponders. "It's nice when only one is present and the other is gone. And speaking of things under control, I assume that my reputation proceeds me and you know who I am? If not, then my name is Leenic Ellisl but my friends call me Rusty." He gestured towards his armor. "I hope you can tell why?" By this time he had gotten back to her front side, but not being satisfied with how the situation was too controlled he resumed his stroll around her and continued to search her for hidden weapons.

"About my payment," He began as he got directly behind her during his orbit. "I am not a run-of-the-mill bounty hunter, and as such I do not take such high missions without good pay. As such, I'll be charging 200,000 credits for your survival or..." He leaned closer and looked at the blaster wound his target had sustained, running a gloved finger across it. "240,000 for your life and some bacta to treat that nasty-looking wound you got on your back." He then resumed his walk and made his way back to her front, returning to the original stance he was in at the beginning. "I think that is a fair price, don't you agree Miss? And pardon my lack of manners, but I don't believe I was able to catch your name! And, since you know mine it is only fair that I know yours!"

Of course, a chill ran down the queens spine as the mandalorian walked around her. Along with that; as he introduced himself- she became slightly confused. He just tried to kill her and now hes basically made her into a witness with knowledge of his name. However; she was going to play that to her luck in a few moments. Nonetheless, she winced a bit as the pain slightly returned again. Moreover; he eventually finished speaking, and therefore Maria decided to throw in a few words to turn this into her favor.. It was clear this bounty hunter had no connection to this employer and he was only hired as a hitman.. so.. why not send the hitman, after the employer.

Of course, she ripped off the right sleeve from her casual outfit, and wrapped it around her waist before smiling to Leenic. "I'- I'll pay the 200k.. But, I'll throw in another 60k.. so you can tell me, who employed you, and where they were" She spoke as she looked into his mask; hoping to let her little bit of zeltronian genetics help her persuade him into giving some information over. "Its the least you could do after, killing three of my personal guards, and shooting me.." Of course she knew this was a risky move as he could just shoot her for annoying him but.. She was hoping this would be seen as apart of her charm.

Leenic let out a big and deep laugh at the Queen's counter offer. "Ok, evidently you have absolutely no idea how the Bounty Hunter's Guild works so allow me to explain." He began. "First off, revealing a contractor's name to their target is a big no-no for Bounty Hunters like myself and it usually results with getting a hit placed on whoever ratted out their employer. Second, the contractor doesn't actually reveal themselves to you, they put out a bounty puck, I choose it, and the guild pays me when I complete it. So, even if I wanted to go against the guild and rat out my employer, I cant because my employer is the guild!" He threw his hands up in the air for emphasis before quickly pulling them back down and clasping them behind his back.

He then leaned in close to the Queen, getting the visor of his helmet a couple inches away from her face. "I know you think you're being very clever and distracting me while your guards come here, but I have a ship on the way as well. And this ship is named 'The Unkillable' for a reason." He said, almost whispering. "So what's it gonna be? The money, or your life?"

Sadly for Maria her time was coming short as sirens from the local guard emplacement were arriving; her Adviser Karina had summoned the local police to arrive.. and next to that, a planetary defense frigate and corvette were overhead in low atmosphere with fighter support coming soon as they were detached from the space station in orbit.. she knew this was going to make this situation alot worse then it already was, and that really wasn't what she wanted. Nonetheless, she looked to the bounty hunter and thought up what to say in the next moment.

"Fair enough.. I figured slightly you wouldn't be able to give away your information, I'll warn you though; without a hostage or an authorization, even if your ship is called the unkillable; it'll be hard to escape from a guarded planet that wants you dead" To be frank, what she said again was rather stupid; but her plan was that he'd take her hostage for a quick second, where as she could then place a small tractor beacon on his ship.. and then be let free after this situation was resolved. Of course, it could go terribly south and he could shoot her in this very moment but.. she felt like this was her only chance to find who the hell was targeting her head by finding the guild that hired him.. nonetheless, she also in this moment pulled out a datachip from her belt; and handed it over to Leenic, on it was a credit check of 200k, "Here.. you are.." And with that, she raised her arms again to surrender.

Leenic thought about this offer for a second before taking the credits and drawing his pistol. He knew that his ship had been through a crap-ton of fire before, but if it was damaged he would blow most of his new paycheck on a couple spare parts. "Well, if it's a hostage I need, then I figure there's no better hostage than the queen herself!" He then aimed the pistol at her forehead and pointed towards the speeder that was sitting not far away. He knew there was no way they could get to his ship in time (as he had landed it on one of the mountains nearby) and they would need a fast mode of transportation. "Now, I'm only gonna say this once. Get in the speeder or I put a shot through your brain."

Without any hesitation she kept her arms raised, and she simply walked her way over to the speeder.. she noted that this could go dark at any moment, and her captor could catch onto her plan; and thus fore end this arrangement with a blaster round to her head. However, she realized it was all going to plan; and with that, she primed a tracking device that she had stored in her belt. "Hey hey.. ju- Just please don't shoot!" She began playing the innocent little princess role once again as she walked towards the speeder... It wasn't long before she also boarded it and thus lowered her arms in preparation to be taken away to this ship that is away in the mountains. "J- Just promise you wont kill me when you give me back.." She said with a frightful look on her face.

Leenic stepped into the speeder and took the pilot's controls. "I dont make promises I cant keep." He said, turning on the engines. "But if you play nice and dont try to pull anything, I might just keep you alive." He then maneuvered the speeder over some of the lower buildings and pushed the accelerator to maximum. As they sped off in the direction of the surrounding mountains, Leenic pointed towards the comms link that Maria had on her belt. "Call those officers that were on their way and tell them along with any other defenses you have to stand down." He said, putting his hand back on the controls. "I dont need us being blown out of the sky as soon as we take off."

Without a moment of hesitation the young queen simply activated her personal comms link, and communicated with the local defense force. "Officer, follow but do not fire; the bounty hunter has me as a hostage.. A Trade off will be presented soon enough, just.. stand down." Of course, she would say this; however follow it with three taps onto her comm as she deactivated it and signaled something else. Nonetheless, as she cut the comm the ship above would simply slowly pursue the speeder, following it to the landing area of the bounty hunters ship. Along with that, the more heavily armored and armed Koldutian frigate would sit in orbit, ready to engage the ship if need be.. however, for the time being the ship stayed simply in orbit with weapons down.

Leenic sighed as the speeder flew over the surrounding buildings, the mountains slowly getting larger as they came into a larger field of view. After a few minutes, the outcropping he had landed his ship on came into view and he holstered his blaster. "So, you seem awfully smart for a princess." He said, looking over at Maria. "Have you encountered bounty hunters before? Or was the whole paying me off deal just a spurr of the moment kinda idea?" He then glanced back to check how far away they were before looking at Maria. "I mean, I gotta know if my kind are getting too predictable nowadays!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom