Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sith Training

Vaulkhar backed up the moment [member="Darth Vyrassu"] sped forward, managing to put up his lightsaber to deflect the oncoming attack at his head, but he was unable to block the follow up attack. As it hit low, Vaulkhar grit his teeth. The saber made contact with his waist, causing the young man's body to stiffen momentarily while stunned. As his body eventually began loosened up after a few seconds, he flexed his fingers and jumped back, utilizing the force to aid in his backpedal and speed up his retreat.

"I already have some knowledge upon utilizing the force to aid in my speed, but not in my acrobatics."

Once more he raised his lightsaber and held it defensively. His style was an offensive one, not a defensive one, but the Acolyte knew he could not take on the master of Ataru and his utilization of the force as easily as he could take on another acolyte. He had to wait for his moment. It was time to utilize some of the Makashi he witnessed Vengeance use in the past. How ironic.

Darth Vyrassu

Immortal Jen'ari Sith Emperor
Vyrassu chuckled.

that's good, but you MUST use the force to enhance your acrobatic movement, if you don't I will constantly be able to upper hand you.

Vyrassu wondered if making him angry would channel him into using the force to enhance his acrobatics just enough to defeat him. Vyrassu wanted to try it.

with out using the force to unlock your full potential you will never be able to defeat me, nor anyone else for that matter. You will be a pathetic insect that will die. Yes I can feel your blood boiling, release your anger come at me. DEFEAT ME!

With that said, without flinching or moving a muscle Vyrassu released a powerful wave of energy using force push directly at [member=Vaulkhar]

Vaulkhar was clearly angry before [member="Darth Vyrassu"] ever bothered to insult him. He himself was not a man that believed in explosive anger as a means of power. He knew many Sith would use their anger in such an explosive action, but he followed another path. A path of controlled emotion. The utilization of anger and other emotion in a controlled manner turned what could also be a great weakness, into a powerful strength. So when he was first hit by his new Master, he found his anger growing. But when he was being insulted by the man who claimed he would one day grow powerful that was just the icing on the cake. Contrary to his own beliefs in how to use emotion, he exploded.

Raw energy surged forth from him. The skilled Master could feel the force being drawn about the young man in a way that some would find rather difficult for an Acolyte. But for now, it was very real. He pushed his hand forward and released his own powerful force push towards him. The two energies collided, causing a rippling crack of what can only be described as akin to thunder to sound around the room before them, echoing across the walls.

Vaulkhar focused upon the force, pulling it around him before dashing forwards as he's been taught to do in the past. As he stepped up close to Vyrassu, he swept his blade out, aiming to cut across the man's stomach, following up with a 180 degree spin right if blocked, launching another attack in a downward swipe diagonally from shoulder to waist.

Darth Vyrassu

Vyrassu blocked the first attacked seeing it coming and he tried to block the other but failed to do so and it cut into his shoulder. Vyrassu then stepped back and put his right hand out and released a powerful surge of force lightning aimed directly at [member=Vaulkhar] while trying to ignore the pain from his cut

Vaulkhar continued to enhance his abilities via the force, but he was beginning to run low on energy. The man raised his lightsaber to block the lightning. The lightsaber was beginning to catch and absorb the lightning, but the effects upon the Acolyte were quite obvious. He struggled against the powerful lightning but was forced down to a knee within only a few short seconds. He continued to fight the powerful electricity, but eventually his lightsaber was forced to the side and he was incapable of holding it any longer. The force lightning crashed into his body, his body stiffening and shaking as he simply dropped down, face first into the marble floor.

The only movements from his body was from heavy breathing, his shoulders rising and falling at a rapid pace. As his body jerked and shook upon the floor, Vaulkhar refused to cry out in pain.

[member="Darth Vyrassu"]

Darth Vyrassu

Vyrassu released the lightning and deactivated his lightsaber and put it back on his belt. Vyrassu walked over to [member=Vaulkhar] and kneeled down next to him and rolled him onto his back. Vyrassu looked into the acolytes eyes.

you did well. No other acolyte I have ever came across could hold a defense as long as you did against force lightning, especially force lightning being produced by a master of it. You showed great promise today. I must meet with the rest of the acolytes [member=naga itesak] and my apprentice [member=kyros fen] your welcome to join me. You need the rest before I continue your ataru training.

Vyrassu felt bad for the acolyte before him but he would never say it. He really did see great potential of a great Sith Warrior in his future.

Vaulkhar stared up at [member="Darth Vyrassu"] and offered only a weak nod. He was in pain, and it was written clearly upon his face. He did not expect to hold at all against the Sith Lord, so his minor defenses and emotional outburst brought a little pride to sweeten the pain, but in the end, his body still felt like it had been left out in the sun for too long. Like, ten thousand years too long.

"Many thanks, Master."

Eventually he managed to push himself up to a sitting position, his body twitching every so often. He grunted and grit his teeth, refusing to cry out. Looking down at his flesh, it was mostly unharmed, other than a few blisters and burn marks running up his arms and hands. Once more he continued to force his way up, getting to his feet shakily. He moved his body slowly, loosening up his stiff muscles as he stood.

"I will join you, Master."

Vaulkhar turned his head to his lightsaber upon the floor and held his hand up. He focused on it intensely, concentration lining his face. The hilt of the lightsaber shook lightly momentarily, and he continued to push his focus upon the force. He imagined the lightsaber hilt simply flying towards him, while simultaneously thinking on the pain that wracked his body. Eventually the hilt left the ground and flew through the air towards the Acolyte's grasp. He caught it and grinned through the pain, happy he succeeded in at least one thing this day.

Darth Vyrassu

Vyrassu stood up and offered [member=Vaulkhar] a hand shake and then they left the combat Dojo and walked directly straight across into the archives. The archives was MASSIVE, it looked similar to the old Jedi archives and Sith archives. The archives was 3 floors tall but they were loft style floors. There was no upper floors in the center, instead hung the flags of Vyrassu's Empire. Below the flags were several desk lined in a straight line that had holoscreens. Each floor was filled with red holodisk and holobooks. The entire library was about 40 meters wide and 60 meters long. Vyrassu noticed [member=Naga itesak] but he did not see his apprentice [member=kyros fen] Vyrassu figured he was somewhere in the library reading a holobook

The archives of Vyrassu's home were immense, rivalling that of the One Sith's. A seemingly endless wealth of knowledge and wisdom detailing information from general history to esoteric Force magic and the antecedents of Sith culture, and everything in between. Truly there was a security to be found in the fountains of understanding that seemed to spill out from every corner of this vast athenaeum. In a perfect silent, Kyros became immersed within this wellspring of insight and intelligence. Finding that much of the resources now available to him were beyond his comprehension at this point, he knew that eventually as his own abilities grew he would possess the skills and wisdom to understand eventually. Thus he resolved to instead spend the hours to come studying the history of the Sith empires, focusing in on the empires Vyrassu himself had been most directly involved in. To understand one's master, he resolved, was to understand his teachings in its fullest regard.

There was a shimmer, he had sensed, an echo in the dark that called quietly and passively, and in an instant Kyros was brought out of his trance of study. Standing immediately, holobook and bag in hand, the apprentice walked along the expanse of the archives until his eyes were met by his master but a few paces ahead. In silence, he made his presence again known, bowing his head slightly.
"Master," he greeted soberly.

Darth Vyrassu

Vyrassu nodded. Vyrassu then looked to [member=Vaulkhar] and nodded to him allowing him to go rest. Vyrassu thinking about the pain the acolyte is feeling but Vyrassu knew he had to suck it up because training would only get more intense. Vyrassu strode to [member=kyros fen] and nodded to his apprentice.

my apprentice, are you enjoying your studies? If you wish I can give you your first Scholar lesson instead of your physical lesson. Which would you prefer?

To Vyrassu it didn't matter which lesson his apprentice chose, either way kyros was getting a lesson, whether it be his first force power or book knowledge. Mentality of the force and magic was what he was good at, but being a scholar he excelled at.

"I would have a physical lesson if it pleases," spoke Kyros, for he surely needed more control of the Force beyond the mere level of an acolyte. The overseers had taught him the base level skills necessary for all Sith initiates, but that was basic in all possible ways. He sought to expand that practical knowledge immensely, as soon as possible. "I have no lightsaber, however, only a basic knife."

Darth Vyrassu

Vyrassu nodded to his apprentice regarding the lightsaber comment. Vyrassu figured he needed one, there is a crystal cave a few kilometers outside of the city. So he got his first task for his apprentice.

Not far from here, about 30 kilometers outside the city is a cave. Inside it has power crystals. Go there get a power crystal. It will be a dangerous journey, for outside these walls of the city, there is untamed wild beasts and animals. They will attack you and try and kill you. Defend yourself, get in the cave and locate a crystal. Now not just any crystal will do, you must feel your crystal through the force, when you find the right one you will know. Now go, when done I'll give you your next task.

Vyrassu dismissed [member=kyros fen] to do his quest as he sits down at a desk and looks through the holoscreen.

With a silent bow of the head, Kyros left the company of his master and departed the citadel for the wilds beyond.

The early evening breeze of the unnamed planet's outer landscapes was calming amidst the industrialisation of a Sith empire that threatened to trample and consume its rural entirety. It was a strange sense of juxtaposed peace instilled in the air, despite the looming and obvious presence of the Dark Side that seeped from its very roots. In a solemn silence, Kyros contemplated his path, with both literality and metaphor, as he hauled himself across the bold land that extended out around him in all directions. He had pulled himself from off the filth he came, wrestling demons and defeating his weakness, and now he stood a proud apprentice of two Sith orders, with his own personal ambitions personifying organically into tangible motivations. How far one can come, he contemplated.

He slept a few hours during the night within a small cave that nestled itself in a low hill of rock to the west. It housed voritor lizards, mother and children, or a variant of such species, more threatened than threatening as Kyros demonstrated after a short scrap between the beasts and the sharpness of his knife and sheer will combined. The Dark Side fuelled him, and the Dark Side would empower him. He spent much of the night meditating, allowing the Force to fill him as wine does a cup. In those moments, Kyros began to feel a true connection to the roots of this place, this curious, alien planet that pulsated with the dark, seeming to personify Darth Vyrassu himself. Hours of darkness passed, of both chronological and mystic varieties, and the pureblood rose from his dirt-stone seat the moment dusk's enemy began to arise and the birth of the early morn made itself known, bringing with it a grey warmth and half-light to combat the vestiges of the night.

It was high noon by the time the apprentice reached the cave of his master's description. Its external appearance, while seemingly normal to the bare eye, to the Force adept was clearly nothing but, for it emanated with a power most unusual and overwhelming. There was much to be found within this place, he surmised prematurely as he cautiously entered the cavern. The air was damp and cool, a contrast to the drier, exhausted climate of outside. Silently, Kyros crept lower into the darkness, accepting the impossibility of physical sight and instead relying on his connection to the Force, as unrefined as it may be, to guide him on, using the near-light blue-green reflections of occasional fungi and insect glow along the damp stone to assist as cues. Save for the occasional oversized beetle, the apprentice was met with little resistance, and those who could have offered an iota of threat to him had all but shied away upon his appearance. Clearly, the imprint of the Dark Side was upon him strong enough to ward of those creatures who would be foolish enough to interfere with his own business.

The dull darkness was suddenly shattered as Kyros came to an opening that shone with a tremendous, incomprehensible brightness, displaying a full array of the spectrum of colours; so much so that it had become a blur of warm, white light. Not only did it shine with a physical light, but with an unseen one, one of an ineffable power, a resonance beyond words; that of the Force. It was truly beautiful, inspiring, Kyros thought in awe as he treaded gently along the chamber of light. There were crystals to be seen at every angle, all with their own unique resonance. The experience was an overwhelming one to one aware of the Force. For hours, Kyros meditated amidst them, striding slow and pensively, running his long, crimson fingers along those which appealed most to him, enjoying the warmth they each emanated, and then he felt it; a shimmer, an echo of sudden knowing. A solitary formation of two shards, glowing in thick, crystalline beds of warm silver, with an appearance unlike any of its neighbours. They were small, elegant and alike as if they were twins. Together, they resonated with a sense of calm and focus, and when he placed his hands on them he immediately felt an underlying sensation of awareness and attunement with the Force, a feeling he truly could not put into words even if he tried.

He knew what had to be done, and using his knife he chiseled away at the crystals' bed until they both came loose. As he removed them from their home, the unusual silver glowing from their centres did not leave; if anything, it increased, as if their hearts beat faster with some form of anticipation. He spent a few moments to look at them both as they both rested snugly in the palm of his red hand. Raw, yet beautiful, intricate and curious, these siblings emanated an unusual power together, and the apprentice wondered how this would reflect their practicality within a lightsaber. Reaching for a small pouch inside his bag, Kyros placed them both carefully within, tying it tight and venturing back through whence he came.

Evening was almost upon him now and, instead of leaving for the citadel at that moment, the apprentice decided instead to indulge in the ineffable energies of the mysterious cave a night longer. He meditated, feasted on a jerbwat he had hunted, and slept for several hours until the grey dawn returned. He walked most of the day, and the land was fair to him, and somehow less troubling as it may have been before. He felt a general a general sense of ease, of calm, of focus, a feeling he could not quite place but one he was grateful for. In his bag, the crystals were warm on his back, it felt, but perhaps it was only in his mind. As late evening came, the lights of citadel could be seen from afar, and within the hour they were all around him as he marched himself onwards. The soldiers, recognising him by sight, allowed him to pass into the innermost sections of the fortress where he was met by his master once more. Silently, yet calmly, he bowed his head.
"I return with crystals, master. Two of them. Curious they are, indeed, silver in colour and warm to the touch. I sense they will serve me well."

Darth Vyrassu

Vyrassu nodded in appreciation of his apprentice and took the power crystals from him.

good, I'll keep these safe for you while on your next quest. You need to go to tatooine, there you will need to gather whatever material you wish to construct your hilt out of, or if there is another place that you want materials from where ever you wish then go gather them, plus you will need electric components as well. There is plenty of ships at the spaceport if you need one. good luck my apprentice, now go.

Vyrassu would then turn to leave [member=kyros fen] to go and complete his quest

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom