Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sister Ruusan, Oh the Time Has Come [Exploration of Ruusan's Moon]

Roshki Belawiiks

We all have demons. I've just decided to feed mine
Location: Republican Transport Vessel, above Ruusan 3 (aka the nameless moon with the supposed ruins)
Objective: Finally follow through with the rumours, and determine if there are any ancient ruins on the moon.
Allies: Well, hopefully these three: [member="Solan Charr"] [member="Zalaam Na"] [member="Nefertari Sovint"]
Enemies: Boredom, and that one guy there ^

I stood inside the bridge of the transport vessel, my double-lightsaber making a soft thwap as it hit my thigh. Maximillius, my pet Blarth, paced with me, whining at my tension.

This was the first assignment I'd been on by myself in a long time, without Double Kay to supervise me and guide me. Hell, the last one I'd been on by myself was a simple diplomacy mission, and I had just went along as backup. To say I was nervous was-- well, not an understatement, but I had a wish to prove I could be left to my own devices without causing (serious) damage, or falling back into bad habits.

It was weird, this new sense of...I don't know, purpose, so different than in the beginning. I was different than I was in the beginning. I found myself less condescending towards my fellow Padawans and Jedi, and I even found myself acting like I really was one. My old self would say ick, but my new self...not so sure.

Besides, it wasn't like I would be alone. Coming along with me were two Jedi and a Togruta senator we'd picked up, who'd already been on Ruusan (aw yeah, Togruta Power). All were strangers, but at least I had Maxi with me.

Speaking of which....I bent down to pat the Blarth's head and stepped over one of his many drool puddles he'd left on the floor. We'd already received dirty looks from a few of the crew members who weren't so lucky, but I ignored them. Instead, I strolled to the Captain fellow and nudged him with my elbow.

"Hey, you, ah...Captain guy. How long til we get there?"

The Captain looked at me with a disgruntled face. "Soon, Padawan Belawiiks."

Objective: Ruins or something
Allies [member="Roshki Belawiiks"] [member="Nefertari Sovint"]
Enemies: ... The two Jedi possibly, who knows

Solan's hands rested behind his head while looking at the woman talk to the captain. It made him laugh how impatient and different this Jedi was to the others. It was something he rather enjoyed watching over the time he had been in the vessel with the others and even now his voice sounded once more to speak to her. "You know lady Jedi, i had thought you were suppose to be these regal and controlled beings of good and justice." He just smiled at her and rubbed his chin before shrugging. "All i see is an eager and pretty girl."

After saying such his eyes would run their course over to Sovint who he simply smiled at, remembering the certain little meeting they have last time over the man that she had seemed close to. This was certainly going to be a rather interesting and amusing situation for him atleast as he leaned back and looked at the ceiling of the bridge from where he sat. He himself was situated at the comm station, having needed to occupy himself during the trip and taking up such a position in order to do so.

Objective: Investigate ruin
People: [member="Roshki Belawiiks"] [member="Solan Charr"] [member="Nefertari Sovint"] [member="Zalaam Na"]

The journey had been long indeed. Mantic had kept to himself focusing on mediation and contemplation for most of the part. He did not mean to ignore anyone or being unfriendly but he found the chatter from the cabin hard to interpret. There was this very strong dark side presence on the ship. A repulsive mass of a shadow that had almost entirely consumed one of the passengers. On very few times had Mantic met anyone who had fallen as deep, and those he had they had been sith lords, barely resembling what they once were.
But this man held all that back with ease it seemed. Or rather the dark side allowed him, or perhaps wanted him to appear lighthearted and easy going seemingly without any draw backs fo the darkness that was ever present in him.

Mantic feared the consequences of this trip and therefore he had been forced to focus on controling his emotions and prepare to be in the viccinity of the shadow for such a length of time. It made him sick to the stomach but he had to find a way to be around the abomination. Perhaps there was some purpose that Mantic could not distuingish to them both beng here. The padawan did not seem as effected though, perhaps they were not aware, perhaps the dark shadow hid his powers for them. Whatever it was Mantic felt compelled to keep an eye on the padawan and the senator against any dark side influence that this odd group inevitably would be exposed to.

As they approached the mmon Mantic found a seat out in the common room. His mind was as calm as he could make it and his long preperations were for the time showing results. He nodded at the people in the room and sat himself down awaiting for the vessel to begin its landing procedures.

Roshki Belawiiks

Location: Republican Transport Vessel, above Ruusan 3 (aka the nameless moon with the supposed ruins)
Objective: Finally follow through with the rumours, and determine if there are any ancient ruins on the moon.
Allies: Well, hopefully these three: [member="Solan Charr"] [member="Nefertari Sovint"] [member="Mantic Dorn"]
Enemies: Boredom, and that one guy there ^

I turned around to look at the gentleman smirking at me like...something which I was having trouble naming. Ah, well, the name would come to me later.

"Pffffft, one woulda thought you'd pay more attention to rumours." I sent a toothy grin at him, jabbing a finger at my chest. "I ain't no traditional Jedi, that's for sure." The man's name I couldn't recall, but I'd seen him here and there around the temple; there was a touch of darkness around him, almost, but I just figured he was one of those less traditional Jedi, too. Unlike that lady Jedi who was with us, the one who hadn't spoken yet.

I turned back to the Captain. "Oh, hey, by the way, where's that Senator at? Uhhh...[member="Zalaam Na"], I think her name was?" Maxi, meanwhile, had wandered over to the Jedi man, sniffing his boots.

The Captain gave me another look. "Senator Na has sent her regrets; apparently she was caught up in business back on Ruusan. She stated she may be able to meet us later, but to go on ahead if she can't. Meanwhile, we have another Jedi aboard with us; Jedi Dorn, if I recall correctly."

"Oh, alright." I took a peek over at my Blarth, who had a peculiar expression on his face.

Wait a second, I recognized that look....Oh, dear.

Hand raised, I made an attempt to warn Charr. "Uhh, maybe you should--"

Too late. With a weird rumble and a hack, Maximillius upchucked a glob of mucous and drool...right onto Charr's shoes.

"Whoops." I sent him a sheepish smile. "Sorry about that."

Happy to have rid himself of that obstacle, the Blarth pup then waddled over to the newly-arrived Jedi Dorn, rolling onto his back in expectance of a belly rub.

Location Transport
Objective investigate ruin
Peoples [member="Solan Charr"] [member="Roshki Belawiiks"] [member="Nefertari Sovint"]

Mantic sat still listening at first. There was either played or genuine belief about that the dark side was no big matter on board. Was the padawan another of the lost once that the grand master had mentioned?
Should he try to involve himself in the discussion?
It would probably be a bad idea, he was a trained jedi knight, but he had experienced the silver tounges of the dark side. They were sharper then their blades.

As the Blarth jumped up on the couch next to him, Mantic smiled and scratched his belly. While not very techy Mantic had always had an affinity with nature. The jedi master who had discovered him was of the silver jedi and even though he left her care a long time ago she made sure on an early stage that he first and foremost respected and loved nature. He had even stood before the life tree to be attuned with its ancient roots.

As he cuddled the animal he could not help but feel the responsibility to uphold the light overcome his urge to stay discreet.
Without turning his ttention from the happy Blarth he spoke up with a hoarse voice.

"You speak of traditional jedi as if they are something alien. As if they are not unique personas."

He said no more knowing they meant little but a reason to mock the jedi for the corrupted one, but maybe the padawan would gain some doubts on her approach on the situation.
Mean while he reached out and touched the animal with a soothing sensation. This was good, a simple yet worthwhile occupation to endure the journey and possibly the arguement that would transpire.

Objective: Ruins or something
Allies [member="Roshki Belawiiks"] [member="Nefertari Sovint"] [member="Mantic Dorn"]
Enemies: ... The two Jedi possibly, who knows

Solan just looked down at the creature and found it drooling and could not help but smile. With his eyes turning on it he only laughed a little before speaking. "You know, i am glad i am not the maintenance crew, their lives just got all the more disgusting..." He remained smiling as his head turned to look at the other Jedi who had thought to show his face. The question that came from the man in response to Roshki's own words a short time before were... Curious.

"I dont think she meant that there is anything wrong with being the traditional sort when it comes to being a Jedi. Far from it. No those who are traditional in terms of your code, be it that of the old or the new republic... They are needed. It reminds the galaxy that there are those who know their past and are willing to not repeat it. Like Korriban." He looked down and moved his hand to manipulate the air around the fluids, brushing off enough of it while he continued. "No, but there is nothing wrong with being... unorthodox as well. As long as you do not fall to the allure of the dark..." He looked at Roshki, almost accusingly as he was studying her. But after a moment his smile returned and he waved his hand. "So both are needed. Simple as such, no?"

His aura fluctuated with the use of the dark, as did the illusion that hid his corruption. For a moment his sapphire eyes turned crimson before the illusion returned. Even his very presence grew dark before it was suppressed and controlled. "And i apologize for my presence master Jedi. But such a expedition as this made me curious considering the history of this planet."

Objective: Explore ruins
Allies: [member="Roshki Belawiiks"], [member="Mantic Dorn"], [member="Solan Charr"]
Enemies: Possibly the dark guy

Nefertari had remained silent for most of this journey, and tried to avoid eye contact with the dark jedi. Their last encounter hadn't exactly been friendly, and she hoped he wasn't still mad about it.

Her mind focused on Gherron. What is he doing now? she wondered. She hadn't seen her love for a while, and missed him dearly

Nef sat next to her fellow knight. It was a strange feeling being around Solan's presence which felt darker than unsweetened chocolate. Not a good kind of strange either. Nef would need to watch her back while they were in these ruins. You never know what schemes a darksider might try to pull.

Roshki Belawiiks

Allies: Well, hopefully these three: [member="Solan Charr"] [member="Nefertari Sovint"] [member="Mantic Dorn"]
Enemies: Yup, probably that guy there ^ #frienemies

As the two males began the ever-universal Thumping Of Chests To Prove Who Was Better, I stood with my hands on my hips, thinking. Part of my reform meant showing respect to higher-ranking Jedi and individuals, knowing my place, and yada yada. The discussion smelled of the inner roilings of an argument, which I normally would have loved to witness.

But after Charr was finished "studying" me, I saw...something. A flicker in his form, showing a darker shadow than the one he exhibited now. It intrigued me a little bit, that perhaps this fellow wasn't all he appeared to be; but in truth, it also put me on edge. I didn't always trust people who hid their true selves, putting on a nicer front than what they really were. Maximillius, at least, was a big-hearted doofus on the inside and out.

And yes, I was fully aware of the irony in my opinion. The irony, and the hypocrisy. But I digress to the initial issue.

Whether or not to open my mouth to my true feelings.

"Normally I wouldn't mind hearing a little philosophical debate on who's side is better than whose --" I squinted at the dark Jedi. "--And really, don't apologize for your presence unless you're hiding something. In which case, let's all see it up front before we land. Not that I believe this exploration will be very dangerous, but...well, the holomovies had to get it from somewhere, and it'd probably be better to deal with any problems now than later. Especially if these ruins turn out to be ruins from the ancient Sith or Jedi. Sorry, but I'm not gonna be killed by a Force booby-trap."

That done, I whistled for Maxi to come over to me. The pup looked up, thumped his tail....and then continued to let the other Jedi rub his belly.

I scowled. Traitor. "No more treats for you, then," I muttered under my breath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom