Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sink Into The Crusts [Trade Conglomerate]

AREA 2

Allies: [member="Matsu Xiangu"] | [member="Gillian Katar"]
Enemies: Whoever attacks me

Malcom had indeed managed to catch back up with Gillian right before they jumped into the tunnel network. He turned his head toward the woman with the glow sticks....he really needed to get her name....before giving her a confirming nod that they were going in. A moment later, with Gillian charging in like an enrage Rancor, he charged in behind her offering cover fire whenever possible. The dark tunnels made things difficult at best. "Switching to thermal." He said offhandedly more as a habit when working with a team, than something he then realized was actually needed to be said.

"Much better." He mumbled to himself. At first the drive into the tunnels was fairly easy. But alas, it wasn't to remain so. Resistance soon stiffened as they tried to protect whatever it was that appeared couldn't be withdrawn in such a hurry.

While waiting for orders on whether to advance further, Malcom moved up to a position closer to Gillian. "So, any idea what it is tha---" His words were cut off as a couple sphere troops hidden in the shadows and deep recesses of the tunnel suddenly popped out of their hidden locations to attack them. One attacked Gillian from the front while another attacked her from behind. The poor sap to her front was dispatched easily enough. However, the one behind her was bringing a blade down toward her head while she was busy.

Malcom lunged forward to cover her back, holding his rifle up to catch the blade. He was a little slow as the surprise did catch him off guard. As such this brazen attackers blade slammed into Malcom helmet gouging a nearly foot long slice across the front of it. Malcom growled in pain from the force of the impact, but was able to stop it from going any further. Twisting his rifle, he slung the mans sword away and smacked the side of his head with the butt of his rifle.

Once down, Malcom slammed the butt of his rifle into the attackers head over and over until he was sure the man was dead. "Feth it all! ....This was brand new armor!" Giving the corpse a final kick, he got back on the comm. "Any word ladies and gents? I'd hate to just sit here while the enemy shores up its defenses..."

Sorry Gillian. Not trying to be a hero. I needed an explanation for the slice mark in the helmet of my profile pic. lol

Sullust System;
Over Sullust;
The Fleet.

[member="Gerion Ardik"] | [member="Tmoxin Temi"] | [member="Alric Kuhn"] | [member="Danger Arceneau"] | [member="Tasgetius Blackwood"]​

a5d30cbb-5aa1-442b-8155-8851d58ebf2e.jpg

Sarlacc's Luxury Halls;
Xenia Nastassia.

Perhaps Xenia had been too forth coming, too enthusiastic, and too out in the open, for each respective woman, Tmoxin and Alicia, were unable to make much of a reaction. It wasn't often someone fired such shined and polished claims at you and your business, especially not in the sudden, bold manner by which Xenia loved communicating. But it did justify that pain staking moment of something between disrespectful and awkward where they didn't answer, and Xenia was forced to merely analyze for an answer-- before Xenia turned back to those who had been keeping better pace. Xenia's smiles and kind features made no accusation in her own silence, she wouldn't judge anyone for being caught off guard and in unawares, though she was fairly certain there was a hint of recognition in Gerion's own face as to what she was feeling. Some feint curve of the lips as if to, well, she was guessing, find humor in it alongside her?

<<Mi'lady, Danger Arceneau has finally arrived. She's docking now.>>

Simpit's voice, no doubt, ringing from the invisible comm spike implant near her ear. Finally, as Simpit had put it, was the correct choice of words. It seemed fashionably late continued to get more and more tardy with each passing year. Lady Danger Arceneau was not hard to pick from a crowd, even if she hadn't been looking for her among the aliens and humans gathered she'd have singled her out. What she wore was simple, though elegant, so those features she was born with became most of the decorative appearance. Ruby red hair, those knowing eyes. Danger had been to these establishments before, her rhetoric and familiarity with functions of these sort far, far, far trumped Xenia's own. And yet Xenia had attracted the queen bee, set in between a whirling storm of well kept droids holding treys of alcohol and more well kept sentients drinking said alcohol. She would have words. Nodding to her current guests and lifting her gaze back to Tmoxin, she offered once more "think about it, you know where I'll be. Now, if you'll excuse me just a minute." Something less verbal, though fittingly abrupt was offered to Gerion, and a carefree smile to both Alric and Alicia before she broke free and made way towards her most recent guest. This was perhaps the only interaction she had thoroughly planned for.

"An honor, Lady Arceneau, I must admit I was beginning to think you wouldn't show."

Sarlacc's Luxury Halls;
[member="Xenia Nastassia"]

Whiskey, straight up. There wasn't any particular rhyme or reason to Danger. Her likes and dislikes were pretty evident to those who had worked with her before. Be it by rumor or anticipation, working with the Queen of Trade wasn't difficult at all. Neutral and above reproach, Danger Arceneau had a reputation that she would play fair and straight up. Working with her was clear cut; a system called reciprocity.

"Thank you," the words of gratitude would roll off her tongue as her fingers caught a lowball of the goods. The slosh of amber liquid would whirlpool in the glass, and just as Danger brought it to her lips, she heard the following greeting.

"An honor, Lady Arceneau, I must admit I was beginning to think you wouldn't show."

With nary a drop to pass her lips, Danger would give a slow spin off the ball of her feet. Torso turning, her mouth curved into a smile. Ah, well now, the lady of the hour. Xenia Nastassia. Of Nas-Tech if Aeri relayed correctly.

Her free and would draw up, and she extended in greeting to the woman hosting the event. "A pleasure, Chairwoman Nastassia." she would drawl out with cordiality. "Forgive the delay... A girl is wont to ensure me and mine are accounted for."

Yoru Shakou

The invitation was unexpected, and thus it was immediately thought of as a trap. While Tasgetius had received it, and had the full intent of being the individual to arrive to speak with the woman, it was decide to rather test the waters as it were. Thus she found herself in the reasonable place of where Tasgetius should have been, and even that simple little fact seemed not to bother the Zeltronian woman. Her life had been saved once by the one whom she bound herself to, and she would be damned if she allowed him to merely waltz into a trap.
Leaning back in a semi ornate throne, the Kesh class had been modified to her own standards and specifics. Not able to carry as many soldiers, or cargo as the others, it was still rather luxurious within. The drapes and pillows alone made it seem that it was for a more stately manner than anything else. After all, she came from a world that was nothing more than a continuous party. A world that had been invaded multiple times and each time the invading army seemed to just drop their weapons and join the party.
The flash upon the darkness of space announced the vessel arriving from some distant world. The transport slowly crawling through space as the minimal crew brought the vessel closer towards the world. The sight of the fleet above however was something different, and a bit off putting. It was in her own mind however more than enough cause to justify keeping Tasgetius away.
"This is the envoy of Master Blackwood, invited to speak with Chairwoman Nastassia. Please inform her of our arrival. We shall await clarification and clearance."
As her slender finger pulled off of the button on the throne, the message was fired off towards the fleet before them. Though the transport was keeping its distance, and would likely remain at a distance for the time being. After all, if it were remembered or anyone had a thought of the design of the vessel, they could just as easily recall what one might say was a minor dispute that involved a bounty.
[member="Xenia Nastassia"]​

Sullust System;
Over Sullust;
The Fleet.

[member="Gerion Ardik"] | [member="Tmoxin Temi"] | [member="Alric Kuhn"] | [member="Danger Arceneau"] | [member="Tasgetius Blackwood"]​

a5d30cbb-5aa1-442b-8155-8851d58ebf2e.jpg

Sarlacc's Luxury Halls;
Xenia Nastassia.

"Forgiven," Xenia offered easily, accentuated with a casual gesture of the hands, dismissing the guilt of pleasantries. Her opposite, the famous Arceneau, looked beautiful in that simple black garment, her accent a derivative of outlying worlds Xenia hadn't yet the chance to frequent, and her poise that of a trained business woman. In fact, for Xenia, the honor was all hers. Sure, this event was her sponsored gift to the galaxy, her rank of chairwoman, Directorate, what have you, a mere title before somenoe like this. Danger, unlike most shanty start up businesses, had forged success across known space. It was only natural that, when such a convergence of powerful minds gathered just above Sullust, she'd make some form of appearance. "I understand completely, more over," Xenia continued, eyeing Danger's drink and noticing that her own hands were empty and wanting. Even so, none of the beverages being carted around looked to suit her tastes, none of them frothy, creamy, or colorful enough to look tolerable. "I'll be somewhat direct," Xenia began, her mind reeling and her posture stiffening just a bit. It wasn't often polite to begin with business, though they had already dispensed with enough formalities to begin real conversation-- important, worthwhile communications.

"We've routed whatever defenses Stratus Sphere had erected on ground level. It seems they were guarding but one major outcropping, and tried in vain to eject whatever valuables they could run with... only to be met with our blockade. I'm sure their escape attempts thus far have proven rather fatal."

Xenia took pause, openly studying Danger and letting her own cool mood simmer at the same level of her partner's. "It's my understanding that this alleged... Stratus Sphere has been the cause of irritation for you now awhile. Though you'll be contented to hear that I have no plans to invade your geo-political ties with the world itself. My interest is with whatever it is the Stratus Sphere was going to such efforts to hide. Or make away with, the difference in this case is negligible." Oh, and how Xenia played her games. "Though," she began slowly, "It might be in both our interests if the Trade Conglomerate were allowed to enforce trade along the full extent of this Sanctuary Pipeline, including throughout Sullust space." It wasn't a simple thing to suggest a business which eclipsed your own should step aside and allow you room. That meant competition, and trade empires like the Arceneau Company strived to snuff out their competitors at all costs-- it was in fact how they rose to such heights in the first place. Careful planning, and more careful removals.

[member="Xenia Nastassia"]

Well this was interesting, Danger would muse to herself. None the less, she would retain her cordial demeanor. "Well that is an interesting proposition." she would state, giving a soft smile.

"As it is, there is plenty that both of us are sure to benefit from any sort of accord..." she brought her glass up to her lips to take a drink. A tap of her finger against the glass would indicate a train of thought.

"I see no reason why we couldn't work together." she would offer in turn, "I'm always in the market for contracting with trade companies in their local sectors to continue promoting local employment."

"But in terms of enforcement... are you talking tariffs?" A pause. "Or in what manner?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom