Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Sing For Me

Amani had just gotten herself to properly focus on her poses, when Starlin barged into the room. She was in the middle of awkwardly balancing herself, struggling to get used to the weight of two babies throwing off her equilibrium. Then he ruined any chance she had a finding zen. Amani made a whining noise as she tried to quickly return to a normal stance, reacting harshly to his cry, "Eh?! Whaaaat?" She sounded like a cranky, yowling old cat.

The mirialan squinted at him, and planted her hands on her hips, "You know the door was closed for a reason, Starlin. What do you want?" She huffed, her face flushed by both exertion and fluster.

"Eh?! Whaaaat?"

Already terror-stricken, Starlin literally hid behind the door, peeking in just a little. "You're pregnant!"

If Amani had thought he was merely startled, she'd soon realize by his body language and behavior that there was something else going on with him. Whether it was discomfort with the idea of pregnancy or being around pregnant women, or an actual full-blown phobia, remained to be seen.

"You know the door was closed for a reason, Starlin. What do you want?"

"Ugh, I just... Do you want to be in my band?" he asked, after floundering for a bit. "We're working on a concept album, and I need someone to play a Sith Lord. I heard that you can sing pretty good, so do you want to do it? Or are you too... y'know?"

Amani looked at him dumbfounded, her face expressing the same thing as her words, "…Yeah? You haven't heard?" She'd have figured word had spread around the temple, and frankly, the whole Alliance by now. But who knew was Starlin was ever up to.

"Ugh, I just... Do you want to be in my band?"

"…What?" Her palms turned upward, gesturing confusedly at what he had just said. Then, she became defensive, "Do you even realize why asking me of all people to play a Sith Lord is a bit tone deaf? And who told you I was good at singing? Don't tell me it was Alicio," Amani didn't exactly like showing off her singing in public settings. She was nervous about being pressured onto the stage at the karaoke club some time ago, but avoided it. Apparently, word had spread anyway.

Last edited:
"…Yeah? You haven't heard?"

"First of all, I don't live here in the Temple." He lived on a starship with his orphaned Padawan. "Second of all, I was in jail on another planet for almost a month. No, I didn't hear, and also you look a lot more pregnant than you should be, given the time frame." He peered at her for a second or two before ducking back behind the cover of the door with a shudder. "Why does everyone always have twins?..."

"…What?"

"My band, Friendzoned At the Funeral. We have a revolving door of musicians, with different people playing on every album. I heard you could sing, so..."

"Do you even realize why asking me of all people to play a Sith Lord is a bit tone deaf?"

"Uh... no?" He was legitimately confused. Amani had never discussed her history with him in any depth, nor had he paid attention to gossip during his days with the Silver Jedi. There were much more important things going on—war with the Bryn'adul, his training, the rise of House Io, his master being forced into hiding. Saving and then losing Thesh...

"And who told you I was good at singing? Don't tell me it was Alicio."

"I haven't even talked to the dude since your wedding!" In fact, he couldn't remember ever actually speaking to Alicio, period. "Somebody mentioned you were a good singer. I don't remember who. It might've been Kai—he's playing the Sith Acolyte in our new album."

Amani raised her palms in mock-surrender to Starlin's sass. Maybe she couldn't blame him too much, given how harsh her initial reaction had been. Still, he barged in rather rudely to begin with, "Why do you sound terrified of the concept of multiple babies?" He was literally cowering behind the door.

"Uh... no?"

She blinked a few times, and sighed. It had been so long now it was almost easy forget than not everyone was aware of her troubled past. It was nice to put it behind her, but she never meant to deliberately hide it from people. At least, not anymore. When she and Starlin first met, it was very much a topic she avoided, "Right…" The word was unexpectedly heavy with history, but Amani said no more, unless he pried further.

The mirialan pinched the space between her brow in a few long seconds of thought. She was starting to get bored these days, what with the lack of work she was qualified to do while pregnant, "…And a pregnant Sith Lord isn't a problem for your little storyline?"

"Why do you sound terrified of the concept of multiple babies?"

"It's not just the concept of multiple babies, it's the whole freaking idea of pregnancy," Starlin confessed. "You're growing two babies inside of you, pressing up against your organs and pushing your stomach out. And you can feel them moving in there, too?" He shuddered. "That's not even getting into childbirth. You're pushing a whole ass baby out of a much smaller opening. Two, in your case! What exactly am I supposed to not be freaked out by?!"

She at least seemed to acknowledge that she was expecting too much from him. Starlin was more than happy to dismiss the whole thing as a simple misunderstanding.

"…And a pregnant Sith Lord isn't a problem for your little storyline?"

"It's music, Amani. Nobody can see you on the recording. If you ever performed live with us, it would probably be after you... y'know." Pregnancy doesn't affect your singing ability, right? "If anything, all those hormones should help your performance."

Amani Serys Amani Serys

Amani shrugged. Sure it sounded pretty crazy when you put it like that, but she was past overthinking the concept, "Well I've got some good news for you— You'll never have to go through with it."

"It's music, Amani. Nobody can see you on the recording. If you ever performed live with us, it would probably be after you... y'know."

The mirialan huffed, "Okay, well, I didn't know if there was a whole music video involved or something," As was popular with the genre. She raised her eyebrow at the mention of 'all those hormones'. Pregnancy did actually require her to adjust her typical singing voice, but Amani was pretty sure she had the hang of it. Still, the more she mulled over the idea, she seemed to get a bit of performance anxiety, "…I don't know. Is this really a good idea? Why do you want me?"

"Well I've got some good news for you—You'll never have to go through with it."

"Thank the Force." Of course, if he ever got a girl pregnant, he'd have to watch that shit up close and personal. Maybe staying single forever was for the best. "Don't they almost always cut you open with twins anyway? And they're born early, 'cause there's not enough space for 'em at full term..."

He was happy to move away from the topic. "No music videos. Wouldn't even put your picture on the album art."

"…I don't know. Is this really a good idea? Why do you want me?"

"Because you're one of two people in the NJO that can actually sing, and your voice is deep and sultry enough to pull off playing a persuasive Lady of the Sith." He grinned. "Like a siren leading sailors to their deaths. Anyway, you're only gonna be in a couple songs, so don't worry. I'll even pay you if you want. Or, well, you don't really need money, do you? We can donate some of the earnings to a charity of your choice."

Amani Serys Amani Serys

Amani couldn't help but snicker at Starlin's reaction- As if he genuinely expected before that he might one day have to give birth. "It's about fifty/fifty these days. Probably early though, yeah."

She was still a bit hesitant about putting her singing skills out there for all to hear, but Starlin wore her down more with each assurance. At least with no music video, she wouldn't have to try her hand at acting on top of it. Amani rubbed her chin, "Sultry, huh?" She'd never had anyone describe her voice that way before…

"We can donate some of the earnings to a charity of your choice."

She glanced up at him, "Really?" Ever the girl scout, an opportunity to turn this into a good cause seemed to finally more or less sway her, "That would be nice, I think. Maybe one of the refugee foundations…?" Her stomach suddenly grumbled audibly. Feeding for three was a chore all its own. Amani grinned sheepishly, "…Throw in a bite to eat and you've got yourself a deal."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom