Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech SIM-05 Pheonix

Status
Not open for further replies.
david-yingai-david-yingai-a10b.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a SEAD (Suppression of Enemy Aerospace Defense) Missile
  • Image Source: Gallery
  • Canon Link: None
  • Permissions: None
  • Primary Source: None
PRODUCTION INFORMATION

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Anti-Radar/Jammer Missile
  • Size: Large
  • Weight: Very Heavy
  • Explosive Type: Baradium charges with Ionite-A shell to penetrate shields
  • Delivery Method: Self Propelled
  • Effective Range: Battlefield
  • Area Of Effect: Average
  • Stopping Power: Very High
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Missile designed to discern the source of enemy radar positions and jamming and home in on jammers, radar sources and any kind of active radar system.
  • Missile is able to penetrate shields by popping the seeker head off a set distance before impact and continuing on last known vectors to keep intercept course. This allows an Ionite-A encased warhead to act as a field disrupter to actually pierce shields, allowing the missile to continue to target and deliver its actual Baradium Payload.
STRENGTHS
  • That's a nice jammer/radar you got there: This missile is designed to hunt down radars and their jammers by specifically tracking the waves these jammers and radars put out through the void or air. This allows the missile to guide itself onto target with deadly accuracy. And the only way to fool the missile is by turning your active radars and jammers off.
  • And it better stay off: So lets say a salvo of these things gets launched at you and you just cycle your radar for a few seconds or maybe even a minute. Congratulations you played yourself because until the missiles explode which they won't unless a specific timer after they lose track of target, a kill order, or a proximity fuse to their target, they are still quite actively hunting you. Now if the missile runs out of fuel before hand that will also trigger it to explode, but, well lets be honest this thing has a lot of fuel.
WEAKNESSES
  • No radar no problem: If you keep your radars off these missiles won't be able to track or "see" you so you'll be fine.
  • Did I mention how big these things are?: So these missiles are quite large compared to standard missiles. Makes quite the target practice for point defense guns. Might want to send more than two per volley eh?
DESCRIPTION
Another entry in the Freebirds Industries SIM series, the Pheonix has a singular purpose in life. Find enemy radars and jammers, and make them go away. Or at least put the fear of god into the yahoos using the things. And this missile does this extremely well. With the ability to lock onto sources of radar or radar jamming this missile can immediately lock onto a target, and then proceed to hunt said target down with ruthless efficiency. And all the while your target either needs to be totally blind by shutting off any kind of radar he has on and if he's running any jammers he has to shut those off as well. This means that his ship is now suddenly blind-ish and is a massive target with a big "shoot me" sign. Because the moment either of these come back on, yeah those missiles will be on them like banthas on fodder.

Last edited:

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
The Monster The Monster

Hi there,
So a slight issue you have these at a mass production, but a material you are using can only be used on minor or lower production materials.

Secondly with ionite even artificial you would likely switch off the radar defeating the entire purpose of this weapon.

Ravenfire Ravenfire Firstly thank you for that catch! Production has been set to minor and to offset the balance I moved the size rating from very large to large.

Secondly so in the tech post I put down the the guidance system is actually above the warhead, with Ion/EMP insulation between it and the Ionite-A components to ensure that the Ionite-A doesn't actually interact with the missile system until its supposed to. This is why the seeker/guidance system actually has to release and uncover the Ionite-A warheads. Do you know of a way that I could put it better in the tech post so that way this is communicated better and/or otherwise makes this work?

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
The Monster The Monster

Awesome stuff, yeah I didn't spot that in your tech post till later. I would suggest adding the weakness from the Artifical sub that the effect of it to be like normal ionite in terms of shutting something off means it has to touch the item or be directly in contact. Something along those lines.

Ravenfire Ravenfire So I put that down in the weaknesses that its not near as potent, which is why Ionite-A when properly shielded doesn't actually kill all your tech like natural Ionite. Here is the specific excerpt.

Subproof.JPG
And as for the Ionite, the shell is only meant to get through the shields, the Baradium charges are what actually do the damage against the target. Is there a way you could help me word it better so that way I don't get this confusion later?

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
The Monster The Monster

Maybe add to the effect of something like "The ionite on the casing of the shell is artificial and thus only works similarly to a personal field disruptor, in which only the shell is able to get through the shield and it doesn't do anything else?

Ravenfire Ravenfire So I reworded the second special feature to instead state this "This allows an Ionite-A encased warhead to act as a field disrupter to actually pierce shields, allowing the missile to continue to target and deliver its actual Baradium Payload.". Is this acceptable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom