Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Silver Sea Renegade [GA/TJO||ASK||]

Miralukan Arkanian Jedi Knight

Silver Sea
Chandrila
Coming down slow a HWK-290 Freighter, broadcasting the camouflaged identification friend or foe designation: Spacer Guild Freighter Star Jumper D9, landed on one of the free off-loading spots of the OB-99 Landing Platform superstructure. The massive behemoth of towering steel buttresses holding aloft a massive platform that over looked the Silver Sea from its foundational perch within a sheer cliff face dominated the coastline of the Hanna City Coast. With the landing gear sighing heaving mechanical growls as it bared the weight of the descending hull, the side exit hatch hissed open and spat out a rusty gangplank. Stepping out of the hatch, blasted with venting coolant efflux, was its pilot – dressed in a long dark leather double-breasted trench coat with a black Ubese helmet. Exiting behind them was a slow rolling BB-series droid. It chirped and bleeped something, that the dark figure ignored.​

A swarm of Pit Droids scampered over to the figure beeping and chirping. The figure intercepted their curious charge and swung out a leg threatening to punt one of them into the silvery froth of the waves below. The droids recoiled and ran off in a retreat, hiding behind an approaching protocol droid decorated with a scratched torso plate chrome and mismatching colored plates of gold and red. The figure marched to the protocol droid.​

“Welcome to OB-99, may I see your credentials?” the protocol droid introduced itself with a demand.​

The figure reached into their pocket and drew out a small data device and projected a miniature holo-profile. The figure ID’d themselves as a female Spacer Guild merchant hauler, named Vassa Dax. The protocol droid eyed the registration and then paused, then looked at this Vassa.​

“Where do you hail from?” the protocol droid probed.​

“The Outer Rim,” replied Vassa, their voice masked by a harsh gruff vocoder obfuscating their real voice with a synthesized approximation.​

“Reason for visit?” the protocol droid. “Pleasure or Business?”

Vassa took a step closer. The very edge of the protruding snout of their helmet was but a single hair’s length between it and the flat face plat of the protocol droid.​

“Business,” Vassa’s metallic voice hissed.​

“O-Oh, weh-well,” the protocol droid stuttered, “Welcome to Chandrila, Miss Dax.”

Vassa said nothing, instead they bumped the protocol droid’s shoulder and strutted past it, as their BB followed by bleeping some retort. The two passed crowds of droids, repulsorlift machines offloading goods, spacers, and platform patrons, to a nearby Spacer’s Cantina that was built on the edges of the platform. The cantina had its own side platform that jutted out from the lower levels of the platforms flying buttresses. Quickly jogging down steel staircase to the cantina’s entrance, Vass and her BB entered. They passed the bar island in the center and pushed through a crowd to reach a booth covered in shadows away from the neon lights.​

The BB rolled right under the table and hid by Vassa’s feet as she sat down. Scooting deep into the booth she looked around before removing their helmet. As it left their head, a mane of silvery white hair feel, covering a black band that covered their empty eye sockets. This Vassa, was in truth, Kalika Vaar, a Miralukan-Arkanian rogue Jedi Knight. Kalika spat out a long exhale, using it to vomit up all the anxiety and nerves of playing her covering persona of a rude spacer – although the imitation wasn’t far from its inspirational source material, herself. She had been chased by Bounty Hunters looking to cash in Sith bounties on Jedi in the Outer Rim for weeks now. Chandrila was the last stop in a plan to reach the Galactic Alliance. The plan was all stored on a small comm-link video recording.​

Kalika pulled it the item out and played the message again. A small blue haze belched from the device focusing into the image of a muscular towering Hutt with mechanical limbs and a golden necklace. Kalika had the recording muted. She had listened and watched it a thousand or more times. She knew it by heart. She replayed what the message had told her time and time again in her head.​

“Listen hun, I have a friend of mine who is going to help you! Used to be a real scoundrel of a dude, shifting illicits with me back when I was a mob tough. But, I hear he went straight and became a proper big shot with the Jedi[ Ryv Ryv ]. I contacted him a while ago, he sent some of his folks to Chandrila to meet you. All you have to do is wait for a few Jedi looking for a Freighter to Corellia, that’s the code sign! Approach and introduce yourself as Vassa Dax.”

“I wish I could come with you. I miss you.”

“I miss you too,” Kalika mouthed exactly when she knew the Hutt would say his part.​

“Goodluck and contact me when you get into Alliance space!”

The Hutt looked around, as if embarrassed, then he drew in close to the camera and blew Kalika a kiss.​

Kalika smiled passed her fingers through the holo-image trying to caress the hulking Hutt’s chiselled jowls.​

“I love you,” the Hutt said. “My silver jem.”

“I love you too,” whispered Kalika.​

The feed ended and the hologram cut. The BB unit bleeped a small snide electronic interruption.​

“Yah so what if I’m watching it again,” Kalika snapped, lightly prodding the ball of the BB unit causing it to shriek in protest.​

Kalika pocketed the comm link and crossed her arms, drawing her shoulders up to flank her face and popping up her coat’s collar. She turned her head and through the vision granted to all Miralukans in the Force watched for signs of her Jedi accomplices.​

“Let’s hope Juuges’s friends pulled through,” Kalika said.

Last edited:
Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
RyvKINGBanner1.png

// Jedi Business //
//
Silver Sea // Chandrila //
// Kalika Vaar Kalika Vaar // Allyson Locke Allyson Locke //

cqs1XXW.png

It seemed like no matter how hard Ryv tried, he just couldn't outrun his past. Fortunately for the young Jedi Knight, what caught up with him wasn't an angry mob boss or wronged Sith Lod. Instead, it happened to be a former associate he worked a few jobs for during his years on Nar Shaddaa. Being called upon by Hutts never went well, but this one wasn't out for blood or credits, which made Ryv a lot less suspicious of the encounter altogether. Jugga the Crusher had a reputation for, well, crushing people when he found the need to. Ryv was privy to such crushings on more than one occasion during his misspent youth, so he tended to steer clear of angering the Hutt powerhouse. Had Jugga not mentioned the Jedi Knight companion he'd kept secret for so long, the Kiffar probably would've still found himself working to help out. The inclusion of someone benign made the affair a lot easier nonetheless.

Setting the Renegade down elsewhere on the OB-99 Landing Platform, Ryv turned his attention from the controls to Allyson. Had this been a more dangerous affair, the Jedi Knight likely wouldn't have dragged her along, but a trip to Chandrila just seemed worth it. Especially with the low-stakes job he'd agreed to, to finally pay off the last of his debts to the underground.

"Alright, c'mon," Ryv popped up and flicked Allyson's shoulder before moving towards the ramp. "This should be an in-and-out sorta job, so don't get too comfortable when we hit the cantina. If anything, just uh, try not to be too noticeable," he pulled his worn down jacket over his shoulders and slid the Blade of Ruusan's hilt into place underneath. He looked down at the scarred bodysuit he favored over the traditional robes of his Order, nodding once. "I look the part of spacer trash, as per usual, huh?" he questioned Allyson as he descended the ramp, his eyes on the Jedi Master behind him. Had he focused on what stood before him, Ryv likely wouldn't have bumped into the protocol droid waiting patiently for them.

"Oops," Ryv's attention snapped to the stumbling droid, his left hand shooting out to catch the droid's shoulder before it fell back. On contact, the Jedi Knight's eyes glazed over, and he went limp momentarily. A flash of memories danced through the Jedi's mind, the most noticeable being the presence of another Jedi Knight having passed through not long ago. Though this white-haired woman favored a similar disguise to the two arriving to meet her, the Force's touch upon her was recognizable. Ryv pulled back, hand dropping to his side after the sudden vision. "Oh, uh- sorry about that. What were you saying?"

"Welcome to OB-99, may I see your credentials?" the protocol droid repeated, now for the third time.

"Oops, sorry about that," Ryv dug into his left jacket pocket, snagging the datapad awaiting his attention. "Names Ryv Karis, this is my co-pilot, Allyson Locke. We're here for pleasure."

"Where are you traveling from, Ryv Karis?" the droid scanned the small device before returning it to the Jedi Knight.

"Coruscant."

"Very well, enjoy your stay," the protocol droid turned and waddled off.

"Easy game, easy life," Ryv muttered before moving across the platform. He eyed his surroundings, studying the dozens of people they passed along the way. Similar to many other planets in the Core, Chandrila maintained a brilliant glow, even in the seedier parts of town. No two people looked the same, spoke the same, or mirrored one another in behavior. The Silver Sea caught the reflection of both the heavens and the earth, showcasing a world unlike any other. It left Ryv breathless. He made a mental note to reach out to Jugga at a later time to thank him for this strange request. Without the Hutt, the Jedi Knight doubted he'd of made his way out to the planet anytime soon. He regained his composure the moment they crossed the threshold between the landing platform and the cantina. Ryv's amber gaze scanned the interior before settling on the barkeep, the Jedi casually moving towards the counter.

"Hey there," Ryv rapped his knuckles along the bartop, smiling at the tender. "I'm in the market for a freighter to Corellia. Got any recommendations?"

36b8fc28652f5053c098730c133b4c4d10ad3b13.png

//: Lucky //:
//: Chandrila //:
//: Silver Sea //:
Ryv Ryv Kalika Vaar Kalika Vaar
ba6232c0f5f2163448e310cacb604306cc77c842.png
He was cute when explaining the job details. Allyson thought quietly as she smiled at him and nodded, understanding the details of the mission. The woman had dealt with far more dangerous situations than the one they found themselves in unless there were finer details that Ryv decided to not share. She doubted that, but he was the point on this mission. "Don't worry about me Handsome, I was the fastest spice runner in the Kessel once upon a time." When I was 15, she thought to herself. The man modeled his best spacer trash, and Allyson laughed a bit while pulling on her jacket. "The scruffiest nerf herder I've ever met." It was go time, and Allyson followed behind the Kiffar down the ramp, she could feel his eyes on her, probably making sure she was following, but she couldn't help but enjoy the attention. ​

She probably could have prevented him from bumping into the protocol droid if she wasn't looking back at him. A snort and a stifled laugh echoed from the Corellian, who had hidden the bottom half of her face in the collar of her jacket. She couldn't help it, the man channeled that scruffy nerf herder pretty well. Clearing her throat, she waved at the protocol droid as it had logged their names. Everything was pretty routine, which put Allyson at ease as well as on alert. Things never went this easy for her, especially on missions such as this. All of that was forgotten, though, once they stepped out of the hanger. ​

The planet felt untouched left in an era that was long forgotten by the Core. Different faces and voices met her gaze as she was reminded of moments in her past. The Silver Sea view made the Corellian miss her homeworld with a fierceness she hadn't felt before. She tightened the jacket around her frame as she continued to walk by Ryv's side, which she noticed was also admiring the view. Seeing him enjoy it made the corner of her lips pull into a small smile. Small talk seemed unnecessary for this moment, she let him admire the scenery as she admired her favorite sight. ​

The smell of the cantina hit her, she snapped out of her daydream as she looked around. She cleared her throat as she did a quick scan of the room around them. The contact lens she wore did a fast facial scan matching faces to different warrants and social media postings. No one seemed to be a significant threat, but as she had dove more in-depth into a particular file, she was interrupted by a Snivvian. "Ey, for you" His head nodded towards a Devaronian in the distance who raised his mug towards her. Nodding back, Allyson raised the bucket glass of whiskey in a gesture of thanks. ​

"So much for trying to not be too noticeable." She sipped it slightly as she waited for Ryv's to finish talking to the contact. Her face showed her surprise at the Devaronian's choice for her. Guess she looked more Corellian than she thought.​

Miralukan Arkanian Jedi Knight

MEANWHILE
At OB-99 Platform

The platform’s protocol droid was surely having the worst day of his post-fabrication and activation lifespan. Rudely addressed by an Ubese spacer, then bumped into by some drifters and his female companion. He now found himself in a headlock by an Iktotchi Bounty Hunter and their ruffian band of two near-humans dressed in Guavian attired, all lead by a crimson durasteel plated LOM-series droid. Menacingly strutting to the protocol droid, a bounty hunter’s tracking fob in its hand, it inspected the protocol droid with its beaming yellow insectoid like bulbous photo-receptors.

With its other hand the LOM droid, named 9Z, called Nines’zee by his goons, projected the image of Kalika on a small comm-link, “Have you encountered this, Jedi, here? We tracked her to this world. She is wanted in all Outer Rim Sith Systems.”

“I…I cannot say I have?” the protocol droid replied.

“Search your memory banks, harder, protocol droid,” Nines’zee’s mechanically digitized voice echoed.

“You’re functions may depend on it.”

Nines’zee nodded to the Iktotchi, Braggard, and he replied by tightening his bulging biceps and forearm musculature to slowly crush the head plates of the protocol droid. The protocol droid panicked and flailed around. Its awkward arms slapping about and its legs thrashing the platform’s heavy steel tiling components in loud clanks.

“Oh! Oh dear! Please stop!” it yelled.

“The Jedi,” replied Nines’zee.

“I have not seen this individual!” the protocol droid said, “But several suspicious visitors have arrived. And one was from the Outer Rim!”

Nines’zee waved at Braggard. The Iktotchi’s arms became slump and slid from the protocol droid’s neck. The LOM droid nodded and returned the comm-link to the bandolier across its chest.

“Where did this suspicious one go?” Nines’zee said.

“Into the Spacer’s Cantina!” the protocol droid said pointing to the Cantina that Kalika had wandered to.

Nines’zee slowly spun around and pointed the tracking fob at it. The fob blinked more quickly and screeched several alarm beeps.

“Let’s go,” Nines’zee said to his crew.

BACK AT
The Spacer's Cantina

"Hey there," Ryv rapped his knuckles along the bartop, smiling at the tender. "I'm in the market for a freighter to Corellia. Got any recommendations?"

The bartender for the Spacer’s Cantina, was a pale purple Dug He was dressed in an apron that dangled over his belly and between his secondary pair of arms. Too short to stand on the bar floor behind the countertop, the dug instead had a special platform bolted the to rim of the countertop. This allow it to promenade up and down the bar at customer height. The Dug, named Diggi-Dow, regarded Ryv’s question with annoyed bemusement.

“You tryin’na to be funny or somettin?” Diggi growled, as his primary pair of arms cleaned a tankard with a dirty rag.

“Of schittin curz we have freetters to Corelz! Whad’ya askin me for huh?...Wad? Nevah been outside your system? Place is full of dem Spacers. Go ask dem.”

Kalika heard that question, as well as the berating from Diggi. She turned her attention to the two who were at the bar. Through sight of the Force, which delivered everyone a different ghostly shadow in her vision, she say the glowing power of the lightside emanating from both of them. They were both like bright binary suns in a Force dead void that was the rest of the cantina’s patrons. They were lightsiders for sure, but were they the Jedi that Juugs had mentioned? Kalika pondered for a moment thinking of how to approach them. She decided she’d let the Force speak for her, as well as let her see.

Through the whispers of telepathic summons, Kalika spoke to the two.

[You two looking for safe passage to Corellia?]

[I’ve a got a ship. If you got the means for a safe ride.]

Kalika then shifted in her booth so that she was reclined at the far back of the cushioned and semi-circle curved seats, facing the two lightsidered head on.
TAG: Ryv Ryv Allyson Locke Allyson Locke

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom